Company Overview: Gaston & Associates was founded in 1895. We are a rapidly growing Independent Insurance Agency offering Commercial and Personal Property and Casualty insurance as well as HR, 401K and payroll services We have a small office atmosphere that encourages independent thought and decision making while working as a team to provide quality products, a high level of expertise, and an industry leading level of customer service to our clients. We work in a professional office atmosphere and our clients are successful businesses and established families primarily in the NY City, Westchester, Connecticut and New Jersey areas. We have long standing relationships with The Chubb Group of Insurance Companies, One Beacon Insurance Company, Kemper, Peerless, Travelers, AIG, Hanover, ACE, The Hartford Insurance Company, and CNA. We are Chubb Cornerstone agency designating elite status. Our grade A office is centrally located in Westchester, NY - within convenient commuting distance from Western/Southern CT as well as Bronx, Putnam and Rockland counties.
Position Summary: We are looking for an ambitious, motivated person who is interested in thriving. As one of New York’s oldest and most-respected insurance brokerage firms, Gaston & Associates serves about 4,000 clients nationwide and have been in business for over 100 years. We are currently looking for the right person with the right attitude to grow with us. The ideal candidate should be:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality work.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- An empathic communicator.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get along with others and be a team-player.
Gaston & Associates offers a competitive salary and a great benefits package, positive work environment, and state of the art management system.
The Account Executive is responsible for:
- Servicing commercial lines accounts
- Quoting, binding, and issuing policies and assisting with preparation of specifications and applications for marketing renewal and related new business
- Assisting clients with coverage inquiries
- Meeting service/ account rounding standards and performing essential functions to the quality and service standards developed
- Maintaining integrity of system activities & client detail
- Providing technical support to account executive/producer/client
- Attending prospect and client meetings as required
- Participating in renewal meetings, strategy determination, marketing and carrier negotiations
- Assisting with proposals as needed
- Answering and asking questions about coverage and pricing, creating and executing the renewal cycle, coordinating all marketing and renewal marketing
- 4 year college degree or equivalent
- Must have a Property and Casualty License
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Commercial Lines Account Executive
- Experience and knowledge working with major carriers
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills and familiarity with tools such as Outlook, Excel, Word, AMS 360, and organizational skills.
- Basic finance and math (equations and algebra) skills
Essential Job functions:
- Possess a “Whatever it Takes Attitude" High energy team player.
- Manage priorities and work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a professional, cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keep informed of industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Able to work extended hours when required.
Are you the right person for our team? https://secure.yourpayrollhr.com/ta/NG1060.jobs?TrackId=Indeed&ApplyToJob=26497
Indeed - 17 months ago