Gastro One Employee Reviews in United States

Management lacking, doctors allowed to overbook patients, staff friendly and welcoming
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 24, 2016
The staff is very nice, easy to work with, very welcoming to newcomers. The annual bonuses are always welcomed, and usually pretty generous. The supervisors can be very easy to work with on your personal schedule, put family commitments first and willing to work with you, for the most part. Management can be very wishy-washy, let one employee get away with anything, but come down hard on another for a small infraction. Hard to feel job security in that environment. Doctors supposed to have a set maximum amount of procedures they can schedule in a day, but regularly allowed to over book and go way over that limit, putting stain on nurses and staff.
Pros
Friendly staff, work well together
Cons
Inability of management to set rules and policy and then follow through, seem to play favorites with certain staff members
This was one the most disorganized poor management I've ever worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2016
This is place where there's no teamwork. Respect of person family bread promotional environment. There's just a constant battle with working there with no support from people in authority.
Pros
You get to work with great physician and caring for loving patients
Cons
No teamwork, respect of person terribly, poor management, very poor compensation
Fast paced great staff, prn position
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 6, 2016
PACU RN, busy good staff to work with, Upbeat. Great management. Great staff. All the staff were like a well oiled machine. Meaning everyone did their job great,
Pros
great co workers
Physician Office
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNNovember 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with patients that require help. My responsibilities are to answer the phone, direct and assist the need of each patient and to communicate thru task messages to the departments that may be of further assistance or additional information. I have developed my typing skills, along with computer knowledge and medical terminology. Management depended on surrounding co-workers to train you in the skills needed to preform the task. The hardest part of my job was to gather information from each co-worker to sufficiently work in my position. Each member had their own personal way of handling multiple situations differently, which may or may not have been, correct company protocol, therefore, you were confronted for some of the decisions made. Most all of the company policies were written in a handbook form but were not communicated or discussed well unless questions were raised clarification. Assumptions on management part were expected knowledge of each employee.
Cons
No breaks
Wonderful place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 15, 2015
Checking patients in and out for their colonscopies and endoscopic procedures , my day started at 4:30am to greet patient for a 6:00 am procedure.
Gastro One was a good company in its self.
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 5, 2015
I liked my job at first but then the longer I stayed there the more I saw that the management there was really bad. It was like they were scared to step up and do their job as a boss. There was lack of sticking to what you said the first time and since they weren't able to control their employees which led to the rules don't apply to everyone.
Pros
2 extra bonus checks a year.
Cons
Short lunches, lack of a full staff most of the time which made for a hard long day.
Gain a lot of skill in this work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNApril 5, 2015
My typical work day is start off by setting up the lab. If their patient that need lab that morning. I check the order and proceed with getting their lab work done. Once I finish I start working in the clinic that when I am working with different physicians.I train student and new employees about the policy and procedures that's needed on the jobs. The most enjoyable part my job is I love to teach individual about health.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lots of walking and standing
Gastroenterology Specialists fast pace, multi tasking
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 11, 2014
I scheduled appointments and procedures for patients, answered multi line phones system, I also keyed charges for 4 doctors. I sorted and distributed the mail. I've learned coding for gastroenterology Specialists and sharpened my skills of multi tasking. I loved working with my coworker we worked as team resolve any problems. The hardest part of my position was not being to satisfy every patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace of the clinic flow.
Pros
always learning something new
Cons
no growth protential
Great Work
Extern Student (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 30, 2014
Excellent Team Work, Great customer services, wonderful attitudes.
Terrible workplace
CMA (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNDecember 12, 2012
They did not have any consistency on who they allowed to get away with murder and still kept employed.
Pros
doctors were nice
Cons
terrible supervisor
******
HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (HIM) (Former Employee) –  Wolf River Germtown , TNNovember 7, 2012
Great Place to work for the most people where very neice but like anywhere you have some that made it hard for others. I enjoyed the bounses, Christmas parties , it felt like a family . There was nothing hard about the job a all.

Comment – December 12, 2012

Terrible place to work. Some people could get away with murder and still keep their job.

Fast paced, learned alot.
CMA extern (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 5, 2012
Excellent staff. Enjoyed the outpatient feel of the office.
Pros
location
Cons
low turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gastro One. Our community is ready to answer.