Gastro One Employee Reviews

Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMay 17, 2017
Awesome benefits. Great docs to work for & your comfortable around them. Free rep lunches. You can learn alot in many areas. I give 2 thumbs up to em
Benefits
Cons
Management shows favoritism
Productive and advancement
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day at work consist of hard working, being optimistic at all times and efficient time managing. Showing the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff.
Great learning experience
Endoscopic technician (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Gastro One is a great place to work right out of school. Gastro One is not a place however if you want to advance your career. if you are content with staying in the same spot then this is a job for you.
Pros
great people
Cons
pay
Busy practice
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2017
A very fast pace office that is focused on putting the needs of patients first, by providing excellent care, while staying current with technology. There are several locations that located through out the city which is convenient for the patients.
Productive, fast paste
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNDecember 3, 2016
Great place to work and very nice employees. Everyone is very helpful and they are always willing to help where its needed. The managers are also very supportive and easy to talk to. I've never had a Company that treats its employees this nice.
Pros
Free lunch and great benefits
Cons
Short lunch breaks and sometimes long shifts
Ok company to work for overall
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 30, 2016
Overall Gastro One was a great place to work, however, management leaves something left to be desired! Management is full of liars. They work with who they want to work with and leaves everyone else in the dust fending for themselves. I must say that I enjoyed working with the physicians and all of my coworkers. I would recommend this as a good place to work but would highly suggest that you keep your personal information to yourself. Oh and I failed to mention that the pay is ridiculously low for an RN.
Pros
Free lunches, fun coworkers
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Fast Paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 5, 2016
Management is not as understanding as they could be and in office conflict is prevalent in certain offices. Morale should be a priority as well as doing away with preferential treatment.
Pros
Benefits and this facility offers a wealth of knowledge
Cons
Morale
Staff is friendly. Poor Pay and overworked!!! Doctor's are amazingly kind to work with.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 2, 2016
Underpaid and overworked...overbooked and short staffed...you're hired for a set schedule and then guilted into staying over a couple of hours everyday. If you don't stay over and need to leave you will be delegated the harder cases the next day or given the cold shoulder from certain staff members.
Pros
Two Bonus checks yearly. PTO after 90 days. Paid holidays off.
Cons
Overbooking of patients and short staffed, pay is extremely low, not enough time given to adequately check in and assist patients regarding their care, unorganized, techs, iv nurses and lpn's are extremely overworked
Great place to work if you enjoy working for a big company/ corporation
Checkout /Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2016
This is a great place to work if you enjoy working for a corporation. I have learned quite a bit about working in a Specialist group vs. working in Internal Medicine. I prefer working with a smaller office (more intimate) vs. a big company/organization (ex.: I have been working here for almost a year and a half and still do not know everyone).
Pros
Great benefits, diverse group of people, free lunches
Cons
Poor management, not much room for advancement, location to home
Management lacking, doctors allowed to overbook patients, staff friendly and welcoming
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 24, 2016
The staff is very nice, easy to work with, very welcoming to newcomers. The annual bonuses are always welcomed, and usually pretty generous. The supervisors can be very easy to work with on your personal schedule, put family commitments first and willing to work with you, for the most part. Management can be very wishy-washy, let one employee get away with anything, but come down hard on another for a small infraction. Hard to feel job security in that environment. Doctors supposed to have a set maximum amount of procedures they can schedule in a day, but regularly allowed to over book and go way over that limit, putting stain on nurses and staff.
Pros
Friendly staff, work well together
Cons
Inability of management to set rules and policy and then follow through, seem to play favorites with certain staff members

Want to know more about Gastro One?

Ask a question
This was one the most disorganized poor management I've ever worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2016
This is place where there's no teamwork. Respect of person family bread promotional environment. There's just a constant battle with working there with no support from people in authority.
Pros
You get to work with great physician and caring for loving patients
Cons
No teamwork, respect of person terribly, poor management, very poor compensation
Fast paced great staff, prn position
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 6, 2016
PACU RN, busy good staff to work with, Upbeat. Great management. Great staff. All the staff were like a well oiled machine. Meaning everyone did their job great,
Pros
great co workers
Physician Office
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNNovember 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with patients that require help. My responsibilities are to answer the phone, direct and assist the need of each patient and to communicate thru task messages to the departments that may be of further assistance or additional information. I have developed my typing skills, along with computer knowledge and medical terminology. Management depended on surrounding co-workers to train you in the skills needed to preform the task. The hardest part of my job was to gather information from each co-worker to sufficiently work in my position. Each member had their own personal way of handling multiple situations differently, which may or may not have been, correct company protocol, therefore, you were confronted for some of the decisions made. Most all of the company policies were written in a handbook form but were not communicated or discussed well unless questions were raised clarification. Assumptions on management part were expected knowledge of each employee.
Cons
No breaks
Day At Work
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 22, 2015
I Have been at Gastro1 for 10 yrs now. I can perform duties for checking in of patients making sure that each patients information is acutely keyed into our system for billing purposes, and continuous care in our Facility. I am also proficient in checking out Clinic and Surgery center patients which in some cases call for the need of scheduling Diagnostic Studies / Surgery consults ect .
Pros
Great Staff and Benefits
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth when furthering your educational skills
Wonderful place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 15, 2015
Checking patients in and out for their colonscopies and endoscopic procedures , my day started at 4:30am to greet patient for a 6:00 am procedure.
Gastro One was a good company in its self.
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 5, 2015
I liked my job at first but then the longer I stayed there the more I saw that the management there was really bad. It was like they were scared to step up and do their job as a boss. There was lack of sticking to what you said the first time and since they weren't able to control their employees which led to the rules don't apply to everyone.
Pros
2 extra bonus checks a year.
Cons
Short lunches, lack of a full staff most of the time which made for a hard long day.
Gain a lot of skill in this work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNApril 5, 2015
My typical work day is start off by setting up the lab. If their patient that need lab that morning. I check the order and proceed with getting their lab work done. Once I finish I start working in the clinic that when I am working with different physicians.I train student and new employees about the policy and procedures that's needed on the jobs. The most enjoyable part my job is I love to teach individual about health.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lots of walking and standing
Gastroenterology Specialists fast pace, multi tasking
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 11, 2014
I scheduled appointments and procedures for patients, answered multi line phones system, I also keyed charges for 4 doctors. I sorted and distributed the mail. I've learned coding for gastroenterology Specialists and sharpened my skills of multi tasking. I loved working with my coworker we worked as team resolve any problems. The hardest part of my position was not being to satisfy every patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace of the clinic flow.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
No growth protential
Great Work
Extern Student (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 30, 2014
Excellent Team Work, Great customer services, wonderful attitudes.
Terrible workplace
CMA (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNDecember 12, 2012
They did not have any consistency on who they allowed to get away with murder and still kept employed.
Pros
doctors were nice
Cons
terrible supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gastro One. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9