Gastroenterology Associates Employee Reviews in United States

friendly staff
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 18, 2016
Everyone worked well together. Hard working staff members. I interned for this office a little. Everyone is good at helping you out.
Productive and caring place to work
Medical Records Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2016
Process medical request for outside physician, Answer phone, Scan documents in patient charts, Review physicians dictations,
Pros
Employee drives, games, free lunches
n/a
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2016
Very bust practice. Must be able to teach yourself and be independant. No team work. Free lunch and snack most days. Lunch times are staggered amongst employees.
Excellent CEO with this company
Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 3, 2016
A good environment with pleasant physicians and good leadership. In my time here, I have been treated very fairly and feel the company cares about me.
Excellent learning experience
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 7, 2016
Enjoyed the job position I was in and would enjoy doing that again. It is difficult sometimes with patients and staff but you learn to live with the ones who make the day difficult and try to be the best employee you can be.
Pros
good pay, nice hour schedule
I love my job
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 15, 2016
I answer phones for this office, task calls from patients to other departments in the office- I have learned so much about the medical field- my co-workers are great, we are a TEAM!! Hardest part of the job- MONDAYS- most enjoyable part- taking to patients and helping them
Pros
reps bring in lunch and sometimes breakfast
Good group of women
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 16, 2016
I worked with a good group of girls at the office. However the scheduling wasn't very organized. There were some weeks I didn't know where I was working until the day before. The girls that I worked with in the office were always very helpful when it came time to teach me certain things.
Great place to work with poor management
Patient Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 8, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed helping and assisting patients during my employment at GANV. Benefit package is competitive with other practices in the industry and the area. Poor management, ever changing protocols, no job advancement opportunities made it a dead end job for me. Very few employees have been with the company for a few years and would express the same dissatisfaction. I have worked as a patient support, a very low end job per management standards, but according to the practice's success my job was the cornerstone of the company.
Pros
Free lunches, PTO, paid snow days
Cons
Poor management, everchanging protocols
love the staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 10, 2015
Managed front office activities for medical office. Scanned all medical records for daily colonoscopy appointments. Ensured timely delivery and accuracy of scans to doctors.
Pros
Non advancement
Cons
Free lunches ever Friday s well got off early on Fridays
Management was good toward employees.
Procedure Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VASeptember 27, 2015
The management was good toward the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the patients and taking care of them. The doctors were great to work with.
Good
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2015
Loved this job! Family circumstances took me out of this position, would love to go back if I could! Great co-workers too!
Enjoyable hard working place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 22, 2015
Enjoyable place to work at, enjoy the co-workers and being able to meet new people. More administrative than patient interaction. Enjoy the most of helping a patient and making them feel like they are not forgotten, harder part of the job is frustrated patients and the work being so monotonous. Learned how to check patients in which includes collecting their paperwork, scanning insurance cards and collecting payments for the office visit, schedule patients for office visits and procedures, bringing patients back for doctors and nurse practitioners.
Pros
insurance, co-workers, meeting drug reps, helping patients
Cons
too much administrative, commute from navarre to pensacola
Good Place to Work
Medicare Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCAugust 26, 2015
For the most part Gastro is a great place. Typical oofice problems but all in all good. Gave my position up to take care of a sick family member and would go back if my position was still open.
Team oriented
Clinical/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 20, 2015
I enjoyed the staff as well as the independence to work on my own. I learned more in depth the GI system. I was also able to sit in on a EGD Sigmoid and Colonoscopy. The hardest part about the job was siting in on terminal test results.
Pros
Independence and hours
Cons
Not being able to understand the spanish speaking patients
Surgery Scheduler
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 2, 2015
The office I currently work for has five (5) heart surgeons that are well educated in their skills. As being a scheduler I am responsible for scheduling in and out patient procedures for the patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the patients come back to the office after their procedure and they are doing great. My job is very demanding and I have to make sure my I's are dotted and my T's are crossed. There's little room for mistakes.
Pros
Learning new things about cardiology everyday
Cons
Only 30 min lunch
Great place to work. Management and physicians were very easy to work with.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 26, 2015
Management, physicians, and co-workers were very easy and flexible to work with. You received and hour lunch break, during which you could leave the facility to run errands, eat, go to appointments, etc.
Pros
Often times free lunches were brought in by drug reps.
Cons
Health benefits could have been better.
organized practice
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2015
a typical work day starts at 7:30 am. the clinic is normally very busy. Manegment can be very helpful at times. I have learned A great amount of medical and ethical skills with this practice my most enjoyable learning experience was working in the Hep C department. My co workers are hardworking and always ready to help out. I don't find any part of my job hard at all.
Pros
paid for extra education
Cons
no office morals
Family Oriented
ENDOSCOPY TECHNICIAN/ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2015
Working for Gastroenterology Associates was a very well Educated experience that I will cherish forever, I was able to learn various positions that worked for myself and the company. My co-workers respect me and I Respect them as well. My departure was only due to me wanting to go back to school to better my Knowledge in the Medical Billing and Coding field. With this company and not the job its self, it started to become overwhelmed when too many family members got hired on with the company and made the environment to be a little drama, that was unnecessary. My most enjoyable part of my job was when that fact that I do not engage into any Drama and try to work as Team to make it better for all of us to do our jobs.
Pros
Educational Conferences, to keep our line of work, Enjoyed Nurse, Administrator Day, Nice Bonus
Cons
Busy days that may cause us to take a short lunch break and get back to work, but it could be worst.
Friendly office but no room for growth
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 22, 2015
I enjoy my job but I do not feel like there is very much growth. I got a long with everyone in the office and love to learn every area. The only problem with management is they do follow the rules for all employees.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
pay
Staff and doctors were great.
Medical Office Receptionist / Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 29, 2015
Always on my feet keeping myself busy, however, I need a change in my field to grow and pursue my career. Staff is friendly and the Doctors are very professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gastroenterology Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Gastroenterology Associates Reviews by Location