GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employer Reviews

it's a job
Catering Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: weekly paycheck
Cons: management
Not the best place to work. It,s just a job and has high turn over rates. Management is horrable. you may never get a break during the day. The employees are pretty cool people.
good work experience for a first time worker
Equipment Runner (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: sometimes working work hours are not getting payed
I work night shift ever since I got hired to this company 4 years ago. the my co-workers are nice. I learned how to make business class or first class airline foods, learned to do food orders. Supervisors are very helpful.
Gate Gourmet not the best job
Food Prep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
no room for advancement. Not the best work conditions either. The facility was kind of chaotic. A typical day of work was in a cooler whichh was 20 degrees packing food on a plate, supervisors complained if u came out after 4 hours trying to get some heat.
Good learning experience
Exec. Assistant to the Chief Commercial Officer (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: telework, flexible hours
Cons: a lot of company restructuring happening, lack of effective communications from management, benefits
During my tenure at Gate Gourmet I learned a lot about the commercial catering business as well as the service industry as it applies to airlines.
I increased my practical knowledge of excel and other Microsoft applications.

I enjoyed the ability to work from home. I enjoyed working with my bosses (all three of them) and my other co-workers. The company focuses on 4 values and tries to reinforce them through awards and incentives.
Fast paced environment, lots of balls to juggle, can be overwhelming at times.
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: if you work in production, you can work long hours and no control of days off.
An n exciting place to work if in managerial role, and you are open to learning all there is to learn about all production areas. Quality of work life at times is not positive, and the balance between work and life is definitely not equally balanced.
Very unstable work environment
Food Transporter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
You will work till you fall out. People act like they never had a job before. Everybody is out for themselves. You do NOT want to have a job at this company.
Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Billing and pricing audit for Major Airlines under the Finance dept. Management is good depending who you report to. The hardest part of the job is working with other internal teams. The most enjoyable part is I love what I do daily and most people are friendly
Experience
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Working was okay but there wasn't a schedule that i just had to accept it. the people i had to work with were very nice. supervisoirs were okay at some times but not all the time. i didnt like having to take my lunch break after ive been working so long then gotta come back for another one
Fun working place, friendly people.
Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: exciting job catering airlines meeting new people.
Cons: very low pay and benefit cost for families are extremely expensive.
Very low salary for the risk involved. Drivers are union with Teamsters but are no where near what drivers are being compensated that are represented by Teamsters, from my understanding they have been on a 6 year salary freeze, which should be embarrassing for what they get paid. Feel that Organization needs a lot of work, mandatory daily overtime for drivers has to be addressed.
productive
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2015
this job is vary fast pace, team work is great and its really that hard its easy just need to keep up with timing. food is free and the cook is great at what they do
Somewhat productive work place.
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch, weekly pay
Cons: health care, low pay wage, not enough benefits, short breaks
On a typical day employees are sent to various departments being the dish room, liquor cage, galley, dairy production center where they will begin preparing fights for the following day.
gate gourmet
Food Prep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2015
gate gourmet
pizza hut

airport jobs
warehouse

i love working there and i am trying to do a rehire at all of my jobs so can u please help me
Great environment to develop skills
Sourcing Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: very relaxed, friendly environment; work involves food
Cons: not fantastic workplace culture (no interaction outside of office)
GateGourmet has been a great introduction to the full-time office/workplace and has been integral in allowing me to develop the skills necessary to thrive in a professional environment. I have learned how to communicate effectively, both internally with my team members and other departments, as well as externally with clients and suppliers. My proficiency in programs such as MS Outlook & Excel, as well as SAP has dramatically improved and I have also learned how to efficiently manage my time.

The hardest part about this job is balancing and prioritizing the numerous projects that we are tasked with, many that arise unexpectedly or at the last minute. Despite these challenges, it is very fulfilling managing my projects and accounts and knowing that the work I put in resulted in my accounts running smoothly.
nice and enjoyable work place
Warehouse Worker/Driver (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no break sometimes
normally it is busy and always running around
the most ting i don't like about this place is the management is not good.
the co-workers are fun and makes the work easier because they allays make you lough and have a good time as you working.
the hardest time of this job is dealing with the weather because we got to be out side in the rain, snow, son, windy all that. sometimes no break at all. sometimes we work overtime and if it busy we dont get no breaks.
its productive fun and fast pace
Csr/driver (Current Employee), ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fast pace overtime and work how i want to
Cons: no breaks bad management and slight respect for there workers
nice job at times stay to myself but when i have to work with others i work well but I'm looking to further my career and really put my class a cdl license to use
Productive and a fun place to work
Food Production Line Worker (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Great work environment, always a new task or new food experience, management so helpful and understanding, well organized, getting the work done in timely fashion, a great experience the whole day.
A very fast pace enviorment
Dishwasher/Maintenance (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, long shifts
I personally didnt like the company due to it being a very uorganized company in some ways and some people there weren't the best people to work with.
Fast pace
Equipment Assembler (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: cold environment
Getting the job done no slacking working quickly preparing flights co workers and managers were nice the hardest part was working in the freezer the most enjoyable part was co workers working together.
Poor Management
Equipment Assembler (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2014
The short period of employment was not a good experience. I found it hard to want to continue on with this company due to lack of experience from management.
Productive and nice coworkers
Flight coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: high health care
As I clock in to work my duties start as follows, check in with the operation assistant on the final number of passengers my assigned flight needs to be catered for. I have a check list I have to go through for my flight which included orders with food, snacks and equipment for the plane that is catered by the company I work for. I am responsible for the flight being catered before departure time. After going through the check list in the kitchen, I then have to drive to the airport and meet with the flight attendants and go over there order with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Gate Gourmet is an airline catering firm with headquarters on the grounds of Zürich Airport, Switzerland, near Zürich. As – Read more

GateGourmet Salaries