GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employee Reviews

Unorganized, understaffed, lunch they serve is worthless.
Equipment Processor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Mandatory Overtime
The coworkers are rude, company shows favoritism to those that barely work. Only good thing about the company is the weekly pay. The job says mandatory overtime but it is only required by 2nd shift not 3rd or 1st which unfair.
A typical day at Gate Gourmet.
Food Assembler (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement.
Cons: Transportation.
A typical day would consist of making sure all carts were completed in a timely manner, making sure my work area was clean and stocked before the end of my shift. I learned how to work in a non stop, fast pace enviornment. Majority of the co workers were willing to help others when needed. Management was always patient with the new employees.
Cold and Hot environmen
Food Handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: pays weekly
Cons: working inside freezer
gate gourmet is an ok place to work. Crew meeting at the beginning of the shift to let you know what is expected of your by the end of the shift. MANDATORY overtime. Decent pay weekly.
My Review
Special Meals Preparation (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
I love the fast paced environment. The ability to learn different food backgrounds and cultures. Customer friendly and mission focused.
Not at all a fun working place
Galley Packer (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Freezer, cold, minimum wage
Shifts starts at 3am in the morning in the freezer. The thing i learned is time management because planes never stop and no matter what tasks were supposed to be completed.
Very busy productive place.
flight coordinator (Former Employee), South San FranciscoJune 16, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: benifits
Gate Gourmet has its ups and downs but overall its a place that keeps you busy and it becomes your second home. The gate life is what we call you become one big family my coworkers were the best and I was one of the youngest out of the coordinators but I kept up. Iearned great customer service here the hardest part of my job I would say is trying my hardest not to get a delay especially when you have so much on your mind,its a lot of mulit-tasking going on but once you get it you wont forget it.The part I enjoyed most was going to field were you meet with flight attendants and pilots and discuss meals and other great stuff.Overall it was a great experience management was great and I was able to learn alot.
Very productive work place fast paced environment
Storeroom Supervisor (Former Employee), los angeles caJune 12, 2015
Pros: you get free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I like working for gate gourmet the supervisors was great in each department you will get to meet new peolpe everyday and they had set hours but still call you in for overtime if they need you so really fun job to work at.
Sorry to say, but this company has the worse amangement ever!
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: great pay!
Cons: not good benefits
This was the place were I met the best people, which many seems to be very unhappy not just with management but with the company overall. The benefits are not the best. Pay is good but the company does nt offer too much advancement with in the company.
LIquor Room Clerk
Equipment Assembler/Liquor Room Clerk (Current Employee), Chicaago IllinoisJune 4, 2015
Pros: co workers, money
Cons: growth
Working at Gate Gourmet is exciting and sometimes frustrating. We must get the flights out by a certain time so that the planes can take off accordingly. THe management team and co workers are great to work with and it is a family based company.
Keeps you busy!
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 3, 2015
As far as I can see the company was pretty good. Had to • Restocking/Unload Food cart from Inbound/Outbound Planes Washing of trays
You learn something new everyday.
Food Assembler (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2015
This job teaches you skills for the work environment and for the home. You are around very diverse people and you learn not only about the company but the people who make it happen everyday.
High paced environment with emphasis on teamwork.
Food Assembler - Expeditor (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAMay 27, 2015
In a normal day you deal with the complexities of airline travel and the time constraints that airlines operate under.You're working with people from different backgrounds doing their small part to effectively cater to airline consumers. I've learned patience and how to overcome language barriers and solving problems on the fly.
Free Lunches
Lead Cook (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: The food purchased isn't very appetizing
Gained a great deal of knowledge and experience working in the International Kitchen. Supervisors and Management could use more professionalism. Too many shortages on product needed to serve airlines efficiently.
Its a Job
Equipment Processer Assembler/ Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Gate gourmet is wide range open company to invest your time in if you like the culinary arts. The hardest part about the job is the ppl and its also the enjoyable part of the job, its a typical job.
Alright Place
Flight Meal Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2015
Reliable job, not the best , not the worst. I wouldnt recommend . Overall , no more to say really.
Ok
Team Member (Former Employee), LAXMay 21, 2015
Working here was ok. Would not stay for long tern. Most of the Co workers were pretty friendly. This job is good for a first time job or trying to gain work history.
Good wages
Food handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits and pay
Cons: Supervisors and missing pay
The supervisors are rude and are only there for them selfs and sometimes missing wages worked overtime even when it wasn't called because of last shifts mistakes
cold place to work
Food Assembler/ food prep (Former Employee), Berkeley, MOMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break, poor management, not a lot of reliable workrs
this job was cool accept for the long days on wed,thurs,sat because people dont show up are they quit. they get rid of there good workers and dont care about there employees
watch out
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
once you get pass your 3 month probation they WILL "mando" you Every week. The only way to not get mandatory overtime is to give it away in which other people are trying to give theirs away. be prepared to work 6 days a week from when your probation is over. if u get the pm shift expect to have No life because you have to be there by 1pm and you wont get off til 10:30, 11 whenever the last plane leaves. There union is a joke, they are taking money out of checks every month and are not fighting for the employees.
coordinates meal counts with customer counts for each day's flights .
Coordinator (Former Employee), Elizabeth NJMay 5, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner also snacks...
I was a Flight Coordinator coordinates meal counts with customer counts for each day's flights and delivers all information from customer to kitchen dispatch personnel.I had handed calls, kept logs, communicates problems and delays, and handed numerous paperwork.I had the ability to work unsupervised in a busy airport. the co-workers were friendly and we helped each other. The hardest part of the job was when I had to do all the flies by myself. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was when I had to my paperwork.

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Gate Gourmet is an airline catering firm with headquarters on the grounds of Zürich Airport, Switzerland, near Zürich. As – Read more

GateGourmet Salaries