GateGourmet Employee Reviews

Food service for delta airlines
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Ok job till they sold to a new com.
You work good you get rewarded
Some workers don,t like that a new guy is the boss
I enjoyed working with delta
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
HEALTH PLAIN
Organized, fast and pleasant place to enjoy work.
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Gate gourmet was one of my best jobs. They were very helpful in supervising me. All my co-workers were team player. Ita a safe and secure place to work.
Pros
FREE LUNCH AND UNIFORMS.
Cons
30 MINUTE BREAKS AND GREAT BENEFITS
Very unorganized
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2017
When I first started working there it was a great job now that they have new unorganized supervisors who have no clue about that line of business it's horrible and I rather move forward with my life at a less stressful and more organized job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unorganized
Can find better opportunity
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Not what I expected.
Pay is low
Work is overbearing
Management is sporadic
Hours are good
Weekly pay is decent to have
Turn around rate with employees is depressing.
Not Missing Much
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 16, 2017
The free hot meals were nice. But when balanced with incompetent management,and benefits that didn't cover medicl needs, this job falls short. Not very inspiring.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks, bad benefits
long hours no rewards
Transportation Supervisor Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2017
This company works 24 hours a day 365 days a year, very long hours with no brakes. Pay is low to the work the company only needs a body to work and does not think of the person.
Cons
24 hours 365 days a week
productive
CSA, Ramp Guide (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
excellent work environment. Great people and good help everywhere. Gate gourmet employees are very easy to talk with and are always willing to help you understand things better.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Drive truck as a cater to Delta Airlines
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
When I punch into work, I locate a dock in order to obtain my equipment to my flights. After which wait to gate safe to secure and dispatch send me off with a driver helper to my proper gate. The hardest part of my job is to make sure I do not get any delays and cater each flight with the right products. I enjoy servicing flight attendants so that they can serve millions of passengers. After catering flights I go back to unload truck to load truck with products to cater flights.

I am presently employed.
Pros
Free food and weekly pay.
Cons
many times no lunch and long hours.
Satisfactory
Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Work is fast paced and high stressed but for the most part I enjoyed working here. Management and employees were great. Military family so I didn't use healthcare benefits but vacation and sick days were good. The pay was good starting out however if employees get a raise one year management gets a raise the following year which has taken quite often. I have received exceeds expectations on my evaluations.
Pros
Uniforms and lunch provided
Cons
Management and employees deserve better pay
very unorganized
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2017
a typical day would consist of waiting around trying to find supplies to work with not enough people so had to work 2 station when you were finished you were not allowed to help someone on another station
ok job
Truck Driver-driving (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
you get paid every week , free food they give you meals all day , have to deal with the weather, and if you are afraid of heights , good job overall lots of overtime ,
Pros
free lunches and breakfast and dinner and pay every week
Cons
weather working outside
Productive and challenging day at work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Inwood, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Busy schedules, a lot of people rotation, HR is great!! the best HR ever, Co-workers in general, are okay, the hardest part of the job is to work in the cold temperatures. The positive part of the job is the benefits and lunch is a perk.
Productive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJanuary 2, 2017
This was one of the best place I could have worked at. Management here was great. The co-workers was nice. Advancement in this company wasn't a problem.
it is productive and some fun
Food Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2017
the work was good exept of the cold temperature. people are good and clean place. the hardest of this job is the cold weather at winter.
The enjoyable part when having hot meal at lunch time.
It's a very easy job as long as your paying attention while your working
CSA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2016
The best job yet to work at in fact I'm trying to get back in there now and the pay is great as well, I use to work a lot of over time
Alright job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2016
I worked as a flight caterer. This job required me to stay overtime a lot. Overall it was not horrible, but they could have better conditions for their workers and treat them better.
It was productive
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 21, 2016
It was a extremely busy job that im glad i got to experience it was physically demanding it took alot of work and energy but totally worth the pay and overall experience.
Pros
short lunches, too much overtime
Cons
pay, breaks, people.
About the co workers
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 17, 2016
Working at Gate Gourmet was really fun although it was not a good paying job, but the co workers were really nice and professional people. Managers were really good to their employees.
Gate Gourmet is a fun and fast paced job.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2016
A typical day for me at Gate Gourmet would consist of me coming in checking with dispatch to get the flights that I will be catering.Once that is done I proceed to a computer to locate my flights on the kitchen floor. After locating my flights I then go and make sure all of my carts are there for the flight. I make sure that the flight is iced and the meals are with the flight so that the passengers on the plane will have cold beverages to drink and food to eat on there commute. I return back to the kitchen to offload my truck. I then head back to dispatch to get more flights and repeat the process in a safe manner. Safety First.
Pros
Paid weekly and works through a union.
Cons
A lot of non stop movement and barely a chance to eat.
Great Place to Work - Because of the Employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  SAN/SEADecember 3, 2016
Management has to learn how to care for employees and understand their people. Human factor is not relevant to many of them which makes for a bitter work environment. Overall - the pay is above industry standard for the line of work and the benefits are fair. If they can get the employee treatment thing down, this would be a great place to work. The employees are dedicated and make the work fun. I managed/supervised two stations in my time with them - San Diego and Seattle.
Pros
Free food, great teamwork and attitudes.
Cons
Bad treatment of employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GateGourmet. Our community is ready to answer.