GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employer Reviews

Hurry then Wait. Noisy & unsafe working conditions.
Driver (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too much to mention.
Your job is affected by how others do their job at Gate Gourmet and at the airport. Terrible management. Takes yeaars before you make decent pay.
Dismissed without reason after 2 days
Bar Loader/Packer (Former Employee), London Stansted AirportNovember 7, 2014
Cons: poor, hurried training
I was employed at London Stansted Airport through Staffline, an Employment Agency.

My job title was Bar Loader/Packer.

I received very little training in my first 2 days and after the 2nd day was informed that they didn't want me back.

No reason has ever been given.

Avoid at all costs
Productive place of work for long term emloyment
Equipment Processor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: free meals, cool discounts, nice people
Cons: extremely low pay, no room to advance
Gate Gourmet is a very fast paced environment that caters Delta International flights. Flights are constant so the work will be also. You must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time here. The management, staff, and other co-workers here (unit 302) are awesome. I was always told if you cannot find a best friend at work then you're in – more... the wrong place. It is a culturally diverse place to work so you learn about different cultures everyday. It is not a hard job to do but the work you do is plentiful and the pay is scarce. It is dangerously hard to advance in this company because you are competing by seniority. – less
Gate gourmet is great enviornment to work in for the most part.
Store Room Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great co-workers, great supervisors
Cons: management
Gate gourmet has its pros and cons. The co-workers are great and so are the supervisors. The work is a little stressful at times but for the most part I am grateful for the opportunities they have given me.
Poor workplace in ATL
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: poor leadership and company polices and regulations. faa allows this from a foreign base company
They are hiring every week, instead of getting quality well trained people in and pay good money. They rather keep hiring low wage workers at $8.00-$10.00 an hour. You pay for what you get. ATL the worlds busiest airport and Gate group pays the lowest wages. That should tell you about the company. Drivers back in the day was making $18.00-$20.00 an – more... hour when it was Dobbs and Gate Group came in and drop there salaries to $10.83 an hour unbelievable. What can I say it is Georgia. – less
fun place to work
warehouse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2014
fun job, just wish they had better management. love working with different ethnic groups
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexible, short breaks, not too political.
Very focus-driven, fast-paced, co-workers are helpful and team focused. Sometimes there's not enough hours in one day for meeting demands. Office environment is on the basis of how the company values their employees...
Manager skill
Food Manager (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, vacation, personal and sick days pay
Cons: long extented hours, no rate for manager, no holiday off, no weekend off, etc...
Gate gourmet is an international and domestic airline catering company in this company i grow up litle by little starting like flight coordinators and my title right now is food manager. Is a busy company, intensive work 365 days a years no holidays close. on my resposability i have 3 supervisor and 60 employees.
Productive and working at the airport
Night stocker Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches and great benefits
Cons: we worked in the cold -40 degree some times less
I would go and check if there was any inbound carts that came in and check and see what is the order made for each flight. then we have to make sure that the order is pull right and that its on time for departure. Then restore everything all over again for the next morning.
An enjoyable place to work for
Food Transporter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
Pros: i get to have lunch on them
Cons: i am outside all day
A typical day at work is loading and unloading food and equipment on the truck and driving the trucks to the plane ever day and helping the CSA to unload the food and equipment on the plane. Management is helpful and always giving me an encouraging word or two.
Challenge
Administrative clerk (Former Employee), Denver COOctober 24, 2014
Typical day at work is less than an hour, I have to complete all the documents and print all the bills out before others department shifts start. Learn lots and new differences things almost everyday at work. Nothing is hardest part of the job, it's more like a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job is get all the documents and bills done before – more... I could take my lunch. – less
Enjoy most of the people
Food Preparer (Current Employee), Schiller Park, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Very fast pace never a slow night. Most people works together to get the job done
Great Experienca
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILOctober 19, 2014
It was a okay place to more for a little while nothing to make a career out of.
This is not a good job
Food Handler/ Dish Washer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
A day at work was standing inside the cooler preparing food. I learned how to use a meat slicer. Management was mean always talked about firing us. My co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was working like a slave and getting under paid for it and not being able to do anything about it. There was no enjoyable part.
Very Stressful Enviroment
Supervisor Transportation (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 4, 2014
No team work, management worries about delays than employee's well being.
GREAT JOB
Aircraft Catering Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
always a great day at work. i learned hoe to become better at telecommunication skills. management was great, co-workers great to work with, no hard part of the job, being around people who works as hard as you.
Challenging and rewarding
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2014
GateGourmet was a fun place to work. Too bad 911 put an end to them.
Horrible place to work!!!
Customer Service Representative- Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta,gaSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Gate Gourmet is horrible with raises and bonus. The benefits are not affordable. Management are not appreciative and are very messy.
Hard work, long hours, no training, low pay
Employee (Current Employee), IllinoisSeptember 22, 2014
Long hours, hard work, no training, low pay.
Good for a first job
needs improvement
warehouse (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch and great discounts
Cons: if you don't speak another language you would have a hard time there
a typical day in the job is taking orders and delivering the products. there is always someone resigning in management. the co workers do not speak good english mainly speak in chinese or spanish.

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Gate Gourmet is an airline catering firm with headquarters on the grounds of Zürich Airport, Switzerland, near Zürich. As – Read more