GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employee Reviews

Great company
Specialty Chef (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, room for advancement
Cons: 4 a.m. show time
My normal day consisted of making from scratch any where from 9 to 13 sauces.

Depending on the menu I could find myself making several hundred orders of scrambled eggs.

Maintaining temperature/ time logs on all sauces placed in the blast chiller

Normally I would prepare all special meal, I.E gluten free, or vegetarian meals.
Every day is a typical day is a enjouable day
Driver (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYAugust 27, 2015
At Gate gourmet we work to serve our costumers because our costumer comes first. And we work as a team and we give it 100% or more to make our costumers happy.
could do better
food pre (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2015
work place was not good. manager was rude and sometimes disrespect. Wasnt willing to train new people. They wasnt understanding.
Nice working with the public
Food Prep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: tendency to be hostile environment
This job is good for a student who is looking for part-time work just to get a few dollars in their pocket with no real responsibilities. This company only offered part-time hours and really didn't train new employees extensively on all the machinery they may need to do their job correctly. The work environment wasn't very diverse and didn't promote effective communication among different cultures.
nice area
food productive (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: breaks
keeping food cold with white ice and shipping them to the airlines and keeping work spot clean make sure every food is out on the plans on time
Food Assembler (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Short breaks.
Coworkers were great, friendly, and hard working.
I learned at this company is to be punctual, and to pay attention to detail.
Fast paced enviorment
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free lunches daily incentives
Cons: low pay
Its a fast paced high demand for multi tasking enviorment. Great on the job training. Climate control for food and storage.
a day
foodhandler (Former Employee), Berkeley, MOAugust 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch but improve in meals
Cons: management
typical day is cool but more need more people and they should take more and concern with people that important or ask if they allergic to anything or have health issues and etc
Seeking a new challenge
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Schiller Park Illinois-August 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Magement support following CCP&SOP
Dailey inspection for Sanitation, food safety and hygiene
Review all HACCP records-file
Help support Departments with training or coaching by working side by side with the employees
Send e-mails and direct contact with Managers for corrective actions dealing with CCP's and SOP's
Monitor Porter staff on cleaning procedures throughout the kitchen-(110,000 square feet)
Monitor Maintenace issues-assign work orders for any repairs
Great stepping stone to learn SAP
Buyer / SAP Ops Specialist (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Not enough pay for the current workload
The company is very driven with Supply Chain Management and uses SAP as its primary ERP system. Using the JIT process at the company is a great way to eliminate overusage and waste of perishable materials.
Airline Catering Experince
Cook 1 (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Free Food, Benefits, Compensation, Pay
Cons: Short Breaks, Hours
When we started our days we always had a little meeting before our shift. We would stretch, then discuss the previous day and assign stations for people to do. I learned a lot from this job on how to mass production of food. The management team made things fun and a blast work with, but there were a few bad apples that made your job even harder than it needed to be. My co-workers helped each other out when it was needed. The hardest part about this job was making sure everything you had to do was done by the end of your shift. The thing I enjoyed most about this is that I was given the opportunity to show that I can be a leader and move up in the chain of command.
Good place to develop a successful career.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAAugust 5, 2015
Management has really done a great job of building a fun, competitive, hard working office culture where everyone typically likes each other. Like any other successful job, it can be challenging and helpful for the staff.
Great
Food Prep (Former Employee), ATLANTA, GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: EVERYTHING
Cons: NEVER BE LATE, TARDY
I ENJOYED WORKING HERE, IT WAS VERY INTERESTING, FUN AND FAST. THEY PEOPLE WAS ALRIGHT AT TIMES. I ENJOY THEY PEOPLE I HAVE MET IN THE FREEZE
Unorganized, understaffed, lunch they serve is worthless.
Equipment Processor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Mandatory Overtime
The coworkers are rude, company shows favoritism to those that barely work. Only good thing about the company is the weekly pay. The job says mandatory overtime but it is only required by 2nd shift not 3rd or 1st which unfair.
A typical day at Gate Gourmet.
Food Assembler (Former Employee), Schiller Park, ILJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement.
Cons: Transportation.
A typical day would consist of making sure all carts were completed in a timely manner, making sure my work area was clean and stocked before the end of my shift. I learned how to work in a non stop, fast pace enviornment. Majority of the co workers were willing to help others when needed. Management was always patient with the new employees.
Cold and Hot environmen
Food Handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: pays weekly
Cons: working inside freezer
gate gourmet is an ok place to work. Crew meeting at the beginning of the shift to let you know what is expected of your by the end of the shift. MANDATORY overtime. Decent pay weekly.
My Review
Special Meals Preparation (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
I love the fast paced environment. The ability to learn different food backgrounds and cultures. Customer friendly and mission focused.
Not at all a fun working place
Galley Packer (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Freezer, cold, minimum wage
Shifts starts at 3am in the morning in the freezer. The thing i learned is time management because planes never stop and no matter what tasks were supposed to be completed.
Very busy productive place.
flight coordinator (Former Employee), South San FranciscoJune 16, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: benifits
Gate Gourmet has its ups and downs but overall its a place that keeps you busy and it becomes your second home. The gate life is what we call you become one big family my coworkers were the best and I was one of the youngest out of the coordinators but I kept up. Iearned great customer service here the hardest part of my job I would say is trying my hardest not to get a delay especially when you have so much on your mind,its a lot of mulit-tasking going on but once you get it you wont forget it.The part I enjoyed most was going to field were you meet with flight attendants and pilots and discuss meals and other great stuff.Overall it was a great experience management was great and I was able to learn alot.
Very productive work place fast paced environment
Storeroom Supervisor (Former Employee), los angeles caJune 12, 2015
Pros: you get free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I like working for gate gourmet the supervisors was great in each department you will get to meet new peolpe everyday and they had set hours but still call you in for overtime if they need you so really fun job to work at.