GateGourmet

GateGourmet United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun....
Confidential (Current Employee), Dulles, VAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Management has old style thinking.
Challenging and exciting. Every day is an opportunity to excel due to senior personnel comfortable in and waiting for retirement.
Lousy Management. No room for growth. High turnover Rate.
Food Assembler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunchs
Cons: Short Breaks, No Outside food, Can't leave work during lunch. High Turn Over rate. No room for improvements. Bad management.
Management are lousy and unprofessional. They will pretend that this is the best company to work for during interviewing process but once you work there, it is totally opposite. The pay is low for the type of work you do, lousy coworkers who stab one another behind their backs. Coworkers are constantly leaving and putting their two weeks in. No room for growth and on my first week of working there coworkers told me "I wouldn't work here if I were you" but I can defintitly see why now. But if you are desperate for income until you find another job I would say this is for you
productive
Safety Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
learn alot fast passed on the job training great people
great location
flexible shifts
union based
job advancement
good pay
nonstressful environment
non professional
Transportation Set up (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management
no room for growth. not a professional environment. Too many younger kids not ready to work. The hours are long and the pay is low. mandatory overtime every day and. No benefits. Not people friendly and always fights and hanging out.
Productive and fun place to work
Food Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Lots of overtime
Gate Gourmet is the leading independent provider of airline catering and provisioning services. If your needs are land-based, Gate Gourmet provides catering and provisioning solutions for passenger rail service, airport lounges, convenience stores and related establishments.

Working with our customers and business partners, we create innovative offerings that delight the senses and make for a memorable dining experience, in the air and on the ground.

You're always busy and learning. You get a lot of training. They always strive for continuous improvement.
It is a company that works 24 hours a day
empleado Full-time (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch and uniforms
Cons: low wages
Works with food to airlines and the entire process is fast, working all the time.
The work must be done quickly because then comes another turn. many new employees quit because they do not conform to the requirements.
The administration is always outstanding and affordable production workers.
Interesting Enviroment
Food Handler (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free Breakfast Pay Checks Every Week
Cons: Pay is really low .
I love my coworkers . Our work area was quite and peaceful. The work is not hard . The Management Staff needs to be trained in Customer Service skills
NA
Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaApril 7, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
The associates are friendly. Never the same day twice. Fast paced environment. Hard work does not go unnoticed. Promotes within.
Ok company, Nothing much to say about them.
Cook (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2015
Ok company, Nothing much to say about them. It's just time for a change for me and my family. I am looking for a little more growth.
Engaging, challenging, and fast paced
Manager (Current Employee), East Coast USAMarch 30, 2015
The time sensitive nature of the meeting flights makes the job exciting, no two days are ever quiet and easy. What happens today, could be completely different tomorrow.
Very exciting work environment to work in.
Office / Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Inwood, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch daily
Working in Gate Gourmet was an absolute pleasure. My boss was excellent. I was given the opportunity to advance in several occasions. I appreciate all the learning experiences I had in this company.
A good first job
Driver/Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Work days are long, not enough overtime, no good benefits, working outside all day. The summers are good, winters are bad. The company it self is not organized
Pretty decent place to work.
Materials Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Working there you will never be bored. Its a fast paced enviornment and you never know what to expect. There are alot of good people who work for the company.
A very fast paced working enviorment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dulles, VAMarch 23, 2015
i learned that things have to be done in a timely matter. This job allows me to move up. I get to learn and grasp on to new things, which open bigger doors for me.
Good copany
Customer service agent (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaMarch 23, 2015
This is a good company to work for on a very high paced level. Always on the move makes the time pass quickly. Better management team would be beneficial.
Gate Gourmet, Memphis, TN
Executive Assistant to V.P. Human Resources (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2015
I worked here almost 20 years and enjoyed working there and miss working there. It was a wonderful place to work, with great benefits, many advancement opportunities and the managers and co-workers were terrific.The company headquarters relocated to Washington from Memphis, TN. It was sad to see them go.
Fast paced and exciting industry. The challenge is there!
Transportation Supervisor, Ops (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2015
Working in airline catering has made me able to work in any industry and an asset to any company. I enjoy most about this job is the challenge it brings.
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches, staff appreciation parties, birthday cakes for staffs.
Cons: short breaks, poor benefits and low wages.
Good place to work but fail to recognize talents! Its a very fast paste job, the hardest part of the job is to deal with people of so many different cultures, the management is a little about average but they are good people just not open to fresh minds and new ideas, co-workers are very knowledgeably and old fashion people and they take the time to teach us the younger managers!
Productive and fun work place
Flight Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Inwood, NYMarch 8, 2015
Enjoyed working in a fast paced setting. It allows you to multi-task and do your assigned work in a timely manner. This job requires a lot of moving and standing around.
Very constant working organization
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Schiller Park, ILMarch 8, 2015
Clean carts off planes, load and unload machines with dishes to be washed. Working at Gate Gourmet is a very good opportunity and have plenty of benefits. You get paid weekly and pay is raised every 90 days

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Gate Gourmet is an airline catering firm with headquarters on the grounds of Zürich Airport, Switzerland, near Zürich. As – Read more

GateGourmet Salaries