GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employee Reviews

Its a Job
Equipment Processer Assembler/ Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Gate gourmet is wide range open company to invest your time in if you like the culinary arts. The hardest part about the job is the ppl and its also the enjoyable part of the job, its a typical job.
Alright Place
Flight Meal Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2015
Reliable job, not the best , not the worst. I wouldnt recommend . Overall , no more to say really.
Ok
Team Member (Former Employee), LAXMay 21, 2015
Working here was ok. Would not stay for long tern. Most of the Co workers were pretty friendly. This job is good for a first time job or trying to gain work history.
Good wages
Food handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits and pay
Cons: Supervisors and missing pay
The supervisors are rude and are only there for them selfs and sometimes missing wages worked overtime even when it wasn't called because of last shifts mistakes
cold place to work
Food Assembler/ food prep (Former Employee), Berkeley, MOMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break, poor management, not a lot of reliable workrs
this job was cool accept for the long days on wed,thurs,sat because people dont show up are they quit. they get rid of there good workers and dont care about there employees
watch out
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
once you get pass your 3 month probation they WILL "mando" you Every week. The only way to not get mandatory overtime is to give it away in which other people are trying to give theirs away. be prepared to work 6 days a week from when your probation is over. if u get the pm shift expect to have No life because you have to be there by 1pm and you wont get off til 10:30, 11 whenever the last plane leaves. There union is a joke, they are taking money out of checks every month and are not fighting for the employees.
coordinates meal counts with customer counts for each day's flights .
Coordinator (Former Employee), Elizabeth NJMay 5, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner also snacks...
I was a Flight Coordinator coordinates meal counts with customer counts for each day's flights and delivers all information from customer to kitchen dispatch personnel.I had handed calls, kept logs, communicates problems and delays, and handed numerous paperwork.I had the ability to work unsupervised in a busy airport. the co-workers were friendly and we helped each other. The hardest part of the job was when I had to do all the flies by myself. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was when I had to my paperwork.
Productive and fun....
Confidential (Current Employee), Dulles, VAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Management has old style thinking.
Challenging and exciting. Every day is an opportunity to excel due to senior personnel comfortable in and waiting for retirement.
Lousy Management. No room for growth. High turnover Rate.
Food Assembler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunchs
Cons: Short Breaks, No Outside food, Can't leave work during lunch. High Turn Over rate. No room for improvements. Bad management.
Management are lousy and unprofessional. They will pretend that this is the best company to work for during interviewing process but once you work there, it is totally opposite. The pay is low for the type of work you do, lousy coworkers who stab one another behind their backs. Coworkers are constantly leaving and putting their two weeks in. No room for growth and on my first week of working there coworkers told me "I wouldn't work here if I were you" but I can defintitly see why now. But if you are desperate for income until you find another job I would say this is for you
productive
Safety Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
learn alot fast passed on the job training great people
great location
nonstressful environment
non professional
Transportation Set up (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management
no room for growth. not a professional environment. Too many younger kids not ready to work. The hours are long and the pay is low. mandatory overtime every day and. No benefits. Not people friendly and always fights and hanging out.
Productive and fun place to work
Food Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Lots of overtime
Gate Gourmet is the leading independent provider of airline catering and provisioning services. If your needs are land-based, Gate Gourmet provides catering and provisioning solutions for passenger rail service, airport lounges, convenience stores and related establishments.

Working with our customers and business partners, we create innovative offerings that delight the senses and make for a memorable dining experience, in the air and on the ground.

You're always busy and learning. You get a lot of training. They always strive for continuous improvement.
It is a company that works 24 hours a day
empleado Full-time (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch and uniforms
Cons: low wages
Works with food to airlines and the entire process is fast, working all the time.
The work must be done quickly because then comes another turn. many new employees quit because they do not conform to the requirements.
The administration is always outstanding and affordable production workers.
Interesting Enviroment
Food Handler (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free Breakfast Pay Checks Every Week
Cons: Pay is really low .
I love my coworkers . Our work area was quite and peaceful. The work is not hard . The Management Staff needs to be trained in Customer Service skills
NA
Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaApril 7, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
The associates are friendly. Never the same day twice. Fast paced environment. Hard work does not go unnoticed. Promotes within.
Ok company, Nothing much to say about them.
Cook (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2015
Ok company, Nothing much to say about them. It's just time for a change for me and my family. I am looking for a little more growth.
Engaging, challenging, and fast paced
Manager (Current Employee), East Coast USAMarch 30, 2015
The time sensitive nature of the meeting flights makes the job exciting, no two days are ever quiet and easy. What happens today, could be completely different tomorrow.
Very exciting work environment to work in.
Office / Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Inwood, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch daily
Working in Gate Gourmet was an absolute pleasure. My boss was excellent. I was given the opportunity to advance in several occasions. I appreciate all the learning experiences I had in this company.
A good first job
Driver/Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Work days are long, not enough overtime, no good benefits, working outside all day. The summers are good, winters are bad. The company it self is not organized
Pretty decent place to work.
Materials Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Working there you will never be bored. Its a fast paced enviornment and you never know what to expect. There are alot of good people who work for the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Gate Gourmet is an airline catering firm with headquarters on the grounds of Zürich Airport, Switzerland, near Zürich. As – Read more

GateGourmet Salaries