GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employer Reviews

Very exciting work environment to work in.
Office / Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Inwood, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch daily
Working in Gate Gourmet was an absolute pleasure. My boss was excellent. I was given the opportunity to advance in several occasions. I appreciate all the learning experiences I had in this company.
A good first job
Driver/Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Work days are long, not enough overtime, no good benefits, working outside all day. The summers are good, winters are bad. The company it self is not organized
Pretty decent place to work.
Materials Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Working there you will never be bored. Its a fast paced enviornment and you never know what to expect. There are alot of good people who work for the company.
A very fast paced working enviorment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dulles, VAMarch 23, 2015
i learned that things have to be done in a timely matter. This job allows me to move up. I get to learn and grasp on to new things, which open bigger doors for me.
Good copany
Customer service agent (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaMarch 23, 2015
This is a good company to work for on a very high paced level. Always on the move makes the time pass quickly. Better management team would be beneficial.
Gate Gourmet, Memphis, TN
Executive Assistant to V.P. Human Resources (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2015
I worked here almost 20 years and enjoyed working there and miss working there. It was a wonderful place to work, with great benefits, many advancement opportunities and the managers and co-workers were terrific.The company headquarters relocated to Washington from Memphis, TN. It was sad to see them go.
Fast paced and exciting industry. The challenge is there!
Transportation Supervisor, Ops (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2015
Working in airline catering has made me able to work in any industry and an asset to any company. I enjoy most about this job is the challenge it brings.
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches, staff appreciation parties, birthday cakes for staffs.
Cons: short breaks, poor benefits and low wages.
Good place to work but fail to recognize talents! Its a very fast paste job, the hardest part of the job is to deal with people of so many different cultures, the management is a little about average but they are good people just not open to fresh minds and new ideas, co-workers are very knowledgeably and old fashion people and they take the time to teach us the younger managers!
Productive and fun work place
Flight Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Inwood, NYMarch 8, 2015
Enjoyed working in a fast paced setting. It allows you to multi-task and do your assigned work in a timely manner. This job requires a lot of moving and standing around.
Very constant working organization
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Schiller Park, ILMarch 8, 2015
Clean carts off planes, load and unload machines with dishes to be washed. Working at Gate Gourmet is a very good opportunity and have plenty of benefits. You get paid weekly and pay is raised every 90 days
Standard food work place.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay
Not much I can say. The job does not pay much but the work is not too hard. You clean the building and help where others need help. Most of the staff is friendly. The place can be gross at times since it is cleaning but a jobs a job.
it's a job
Catering Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: weekly paycheck
Cons: management
Not the best place to work. It,s just a job and has high turn over rates. Management is horrable. you may never get a break during the day. The employees are pretty cool people.
good work experience for a first time worker
Equipment Runner (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: sometimes working work hours are not getting payed
I work night shift ever since I got hired to this company 4 years ago. the my co-workers are nice. I learned how to make business class or first class airline foods, learned to do food orders. Supervisors are very helpful.
Gate Gourmet not the best job
Food Prep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
no room for advancement. Not the best work conditions either. The facility was kind of chaotic. A typical day of work was in a cooler whichh was 20 degrees packing food on a plate, supervisors complained if u came out after 4 hours trying to get some heat.
Good learning experience
Exec. Assistant to the Chief Commercial Officer (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: telework, flexible hours
Cons: a lot of company restructuring happening, lack of effective communications from management, benefits
During my tenure at Gate Gourmet I learned a lot about the commercial catering business as well as the service industry as it applies to airlines.
I increased my practical knowledge of excel and other Microsoft applications.

I enjoyed the ability to work from home. I enjoyed working with my bosses (all three of them) and my other co-workers. The company focuses on 4 values and tries to reinforce them through awards and incentives.
Fast paced environment, lots of balls to juggle, can be overwhelming at times.
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: if you work in production, you can work long hours and no control of days off.
An n exciting place to work if in managerial role, and you are open to learning all there is to learn about all production areas. Quality of work life at times is not positive, and the balance between work and life is definitely not equally balanced.
Very unstable work environment
Food Transporter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
You will work till you fall out. People act like they never had a job before. Everybody is out for themselves. You do NOT want to have a job at this company.
Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Billing and pricing audit for Major Airlines under the Finance dept. Management is good depending who you report to. The hardest part of the job is working with other internal teams. The most enjoyable part is I love what I do daily and most people are friendly
Experience
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Working was okay but there wasn't a schedule that i just had to accept it. the people i had to work with were very nice. supervisoirs were okay at some times but not all the time. i didnt like having to take my lunch break after ive been working so long then gotta come back for another one
Fun working place, friendly people.
Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: exciting job catering airlines meeting new people.
Cons: very low pay and benefit cost for families are extremely expensive.
Very low salary for the risk involved. Drivers are union with Teamsters but are no where near what drivers are being compensated that are represented by Teamsters, from my understanding they have been on a 6 year salary freeze, which should be embarrassing for what they get paid. Feel that Organization needs a lot of work, mandatory daily overtime for drivers has to be addressed.

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Gate Gourmet is an airline catering firm with headquarters on the grounds of Zürich Airport, Switzerland, near Zürich. As – Read more

GateGourmet Salaries