GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employer Reviews

its productive fun and fast pace
Csr/driver (Current Employee), ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fast pace overtime and work how i want to
Cons: no breaks bad management and slight respect for there workers
nice job at times stay to myself but when i have to work with others i work well but I'm looking to further my career and really put my class a cdl license to use
Productive and a fun place to work
Food Production Line Worker (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Great work environment, always a new task or new food experience, management so helpful and understanding, well organized, getting the work done in timely fashion, a great experience the whole day.
A very fast pace enviorment
Dishwasher/Maintenance (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, long shifts
I personally didnt like the company due to it being a very uorganized company in some ways and some people there weren't the best people to work with.
Fast pace
Equipment Assembler (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: cold environment
Getting the job done no slacking working quickly preparing flights co workers and managers were nice the hardest part was working in the freezer the most enjoyable part was co workers working together.
Poor Management
Equipment Assembler (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2014
The short period of employment was not a good experience. I found it hard to want to continue on with this company due to lack of experience from management.
Productive and nice coworkers
Flight coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: high health care
As I clock in to work my duties start as follows, check in with the operation assistant on the final number of passengers my assigned flight needs to be catered for. I have a check list I have to go through for my flight which included orders with food, snacks and equipment for the plane that is catered by the company I work for. I am responsible for the flight being catered before departure time. After going through the check list in the kitchen, I then have to drive to the airport and meet with the flight attendants and go over there order with them.
Good
porter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2014
It was nice needed to go to school. Idk I just want a job this is making me mad.
fun place to work
driver and customer service assistant (Current Employee), College Park, GADecember 7, 2014
Pros: they are one of the best
Cons: exciting work place
any one who is seeking employment and apply at Gate Gourmet is 100% sure to get it .because they are so helpful to Atlanta and the metro areas.
I hate it, can't wait to find better
equipment assembler (Current Employee), chicago, il ORDNovember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch, diversity
Cons: pay, management
Worst job I have ever worked in my life, they work you like a slave for minimum wage payment. Managers and supervisors are rude and very sarcastic. Worked Thanksgiving day for 8.50/hr... they call mandatory overtime everyday, which means you are forced to work an extra 2 hrs
Hurry then Wait. Noisy & unsafe working conditions.
Driver (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too much to mention.
Your job is affected by how others do their job at Gate Gourmet and at the airport. Terrible management. Takes yeaars before you make decent pay.
Dismissed without reason after 2 days
Bar Loader/Packer (Former Employee), London Stansted AirportNovember 7, 2014
Cons: poor, hurried training
I was employed at London Stansted Airport through Staffline, an Employment Agency.

My job title was Bar Loader/Packer.

I received very little training in my first 2 days and after the 2nd day was informed that they didn't want me back.

No reason has ever been given.

Avoid at all costs
Productive place of work for long term emloyment
Equipment Processor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: free meals, cool discounts, nice people
Cons: extremely low pay, no room to advance
Gate Gourmet is a very fast paced environment that caters Delta International flights. Flights are constant so the work will be also. You must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time here. The management, staff, and other co-workers here (unit 302) are awesome. I was always told if you cannot find a best friend at work then you're in the wrong place. It is a culturally diverse place to work so you learn about different cultures everyday. It is not a hard job to do but the work you do is plentiful and the pay is scarce. It is dangerously hard to advance in this company because you are competing by seniority.
Gate gourmet is great enviornment to work in for the most part.
Store Room Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great co-workers, great supervisors
Cons: management
Gate gourmet has its pros and cons. The co-workers are great and so are the supervisors. The work is a little stressful at times but for the most part I am grateful for the opportunities they have given me.
Poor workplace in ATL
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: poor leadership and company polices and regulations. faa allows this from a foreign base company
They are hiring every week, instead of getting quality well trained people in and pay good money. They rather keep hiring low wage workers at $8.00-$10.00 an hour. You pay for what you get. ATL the worlds busiest airport and Gate group pays the lowest wages. That should tell you about the company. Drivers back in the day was making $18.00-$20.00 an hour when it was Dobbs and Gate Group came in and drop there salaries to $10.83 an hour unbelievable. What can I say it is Georgia.
fun place to work
warehouse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2014
fun job, just wish they had better management. love working with different ethnic groups
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexible, short breaks, not too political.
Very focus-driven, fast-paced, co-workers are helpful and team focused. Sometimes there's not enough hours in one day for meeting demands. Office environment is on the basis of how the company values their employees...
Manager skill
Food Manager (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, vacation, personal and sick days pay
Cons: long extented hours, no rate for manager, no holiday off, no weekend off, etc...
Gate gourmet is an international and domestic airline catering company in this company i grow up litle by little starting like flight coordinators and my title right now is food manager. Is a busy company, intensive work 365 days a years no holidays close. on my resposability i have 3 supervisor and 60 employees.
Productive and working at the airport
Night stocker Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches and great benefits
Cons: we worked in the cold -40 degree some times less
I would go and check if there was any inbound carts that came in and check and see what is the order made for each flight. then we have to make sure that the order is pull right and that its on time for departure. Then restore everything all over again for the next morning.
An enjoyable place to work for
Food Transporter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
Pros: i get to have lunch on them
Cons: i am outside all day
A typical day at work is loading and unloading food and equipment on the truck and driving the trucks to the plane ever day and helping the CSA to unload the food and equipment on the plane. Management is helpful and always giving me an encouraging word or two.
Challenge
Administrative clerk (Former Employee), Denver COOctober 24, 2014
Typical day at work is less than an hour, I have to complete all the documents and print all the bills out before others department shifts start. Learn lots and new differences things almost everyday at work. Nothing is hardest part of the job, it's more like a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job is get all the documents and bills done before I could take my lunch.

1 2 3 4 5

About GateGourmet

Gate Gourmet is an airline catering firm with headquarters on the grounds of Zürich Airport, Switzerland, near Zürich. As – Read more