GateGourmet Employee Reviews

Will only miss my coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2016
No organization, bad management, no customer appreciation, and just a hot mess! I was there for a total of 3 months. Management is lazy, they never get things done, do nothing but blame one another when something is wrong and can be very rude at times. Many of the people who have been there for 10+ have yet to see a raise! Hardest part about this job is that your hard work goes unnoticed and there a huge lack of communication.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
not a good job, Dishonest management
Dispatcher/ CSA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2015
I was working as a CSA (Driver Helper) for a year before getting promoted to Dispatcher. Well thats what I thought, I worked as a dispatcher for 7 months and I wasnt getting paid for being a dispatcher. I was still getting paid as a CSA. I complained to management about the my raise I was lied to by the management and the HR manager promising back pay and a raise i did not recieve any back pay or raise from them. Nothing ever was resolved. I could not take the deception and lies any longer so I left. This is not a good place to work. The employee meals are not free as advertised. I caught expired food in the lunchroom a couple times and management did nothing. Also, 95% of the time transportation workers have no breaks and lunch breaks.
Pros
Cons
no free lunches as advertised, dishonest management
no comment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILFebruary 29, 2016
very hectic workplace. Hard part of job is dealing with changes in personnel especially management. I like most of the people I work with and I like the fast paced part of job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
expensive health care, long hours and working days off with no compensation
Enjoyable
Materials Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 25, 2016
Gate Gourmet challenged me and taught me how to regain my confidence. After being a stay-at-home mom for years I reentered the work force their. I began in a Union position and was then promoted to an "office" position. My manage was a Class A person to work for. Greatly missed. The only cons were not able to receive raises.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No raises
upper management needs more people skills, company doesn't aprreciate loyal workers was with company for 20 years they don't like to promote within
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
a typical day at work involved keeping the customer happy and relaying information to the staff on a regular basis.
I learned about payroll and some billing I also trained myself as well as other staff how to be productive with the lack of training from the company.
management this was the worst management team I have worked for no compassion for family or health issues overworked and underpaid.
I enjoyed working with my co workers they made the job tolerable.
the hardest part of the job was not being appreciated.
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the different backgrounds races and ethnicity groups.
Pros
free lunch all you can eat
Cons
health care and low wages
He** on Earth
Equipment Assembler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
A typical day coming to work is you being crazy tired from the previous day so you come in 30 mins late ( they are lenient on the lateness cause they are desperate for people) and you get put in a area based on weather not your a good but kisser. You do the hard jobs if your not Old or Asian, and all they hire is old people and Asians so if your a different race you will be busting your back. The co workers are sometimes drama but most of the time we stick together and have fun. The most enjoyable part is going TF HOME. Management are snakes they smile in your face and talk about you behind closed doors, and if your not willing to be their slaves they will isolate you and make you cry and want to quit, or they will conspire to get you fired. What i have learned is doing a good job should be rewarded not punished by giving me harder work with the same pay.
Pros
Free lunch(sometimes good)
Cons
Management, Pay(for the amount of work we do)
Corrosive work environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 27, 2016
With the current management at this company run away as fast as you can. They go through employees daily. New employees last an average of 3days. Then all the other employees must pick up the extra work while management sits in their office or goes home. Then you are reprimanded for not doing the job of four total employees and also the overtime spent trying to complete all the extra work.
Pros
Most other employees are hardworking, good people. Free lunches
Cons
Broke promises in regards to hours, responsibilities, and most of all, wages. Promised raises even following positive work evaluations are a lie.
Never a dull moment at Gate Gourmet.
Food Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at gate gourmet is supervising 80 employees daily briefing and stretches to communicate coach, and fix previous day issues, at the same time communicate same day and future expectations. Give associates daily meal counts and do quality checks on meals.
I have learned time management, productivity management, inventory and waste control.
My co-workers are a hard working team, I really enjoyed working with everyone at gate gourmet.
the hardest part of the job is working with out product/material, as all flights have a kitchen ready time and a lot of the product was not available in house to meet deadline, making it very challenging to meet company's expectations and productivity.
I enjoyed the challenge of a fast paced environment and working with all associates, solving problems and with my team. I really enjoyed when all flights were finalized and delivered.
Pros
Free lunch for all employees at Gategourmet.
Worst job ever!!
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 18, 2016
This company is a joke the position requires at least four people but is only one person to a station job. They have people who don't even speak English train you so most of the time your lost. The supervisor hounds you to finish your work and walks around doing absolutely nothing. I set up more than 100 carts a day and that's still not enough for the 8.33 cents I am being paid. This company has a high turnover rate because nobody cares to make any changes or listen. The older employees do whatever they please and get the easier job while I get paid less money to work harder. Inaddition you never go home on time ever being an equipment assembler you can't plan anything in advance because you have no idea the time you will be going home.
Pros
Cons
Mangement, rude coworkers, favoritism, not able to ever finish on time
Productive and a greatv place to work
Equipment Clerk/Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2016
A typical work day would be to log in on time, starting packaging meals to be delivered to United Airlines for the passenger manifest. I learned how meals or prep and process for the safety of the food. Management was good, made sure breaks, were taken and lunch time was given , or if overtime was needed. My co-workers worked as a team player and helped out at times if an co-worker was behind. The hardest part of the job making sure every meal was accounted for and extra meals were given.
Pros
Interacting with my co-workers
Cons
N/A
Airline Catering Experince
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2015
When we started our days we always had a little meeting before our shift. We would stretch, then discuss the previous day and assign stations for people to do. I learned a lot from this job on how to mass production of food. The management team made things fun and a blast work with, but there were a few bad apples that made your job even harder than it needed to be. My co-workers helped each other out when it was needed. The hardest part about this job was making sure everything you had to do was done by the end of your shift. The thing I enjoyed most about this is that I was given the opportunity to show that I can be a leader and move up in the chain of command.
Pros
Free Food, Benefits, Compensation, Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Hours
Very arrogant management
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  ROSEMONT, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Applied for a job and Manager tells me "I want someone that fits the role." Exuse Me Explitive! You did NOT major in HUMAN RESOURCES and you have a JOB as a HUMAN Resource Manager. After they Told me this they were PROMOTED to Director of Human Resources Only to QUIT!
Pros
Near the transporatation Hub of O'Hare in Rosemont, IL Provided Lunch or Dinner
Cons
VERY ARROGANT MANAGEMENT

Comment – March 31, 2016

Horrible
Gate Serve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2016
This was the worst job ever. Management did not care about their employees and how they treated them. They were insensitive toward the disabled people and forced other peoples work upon you. Favoritism was shown daily.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Cons
Bad management
Horrible Place to Work !!!!
inbound international flights (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
I've always prided myself on my ability to stay with a company and grow for years as in 10+. This company I only stayed 2 months. They work you overtime without notice up to 4 hours over. This happened on a regular basis. In two and half months I only went home on time twice. They don't care about their employees. Your expendable. You do get to eat free in the cafeteria as a job perk. What they fail to mention is that its leftovers from what airlines no longer wanted to serve, rarely is there enough to go around, its overcooked and prepared in unsanitary filthy conditions. The bathrooms are worse than any freeway service station restroom I've ever been in. Management talks to their employees like dogs. They will yell, embarrass, and humiliate you in front of co workers. The pay is minimal for the amount of work they want. Its like a dirty sweat shop.
If I were you I would never drink from a soda can on a Delta plane ever again. Its just gross what conditions these are kept in and then just rinsed off with just water(sometimes not even clean water) and sent right back out for people to drink on a plane. I would not recommend this job to anyone. I don't mind the work. Its the conditions and the treatment that are intolerable.
Pros
free uniforms after 90 days
Cons
everything
Awful place to work...They do not care about the employees at all...
Current driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2016
Vehicles have no A/C in the summer and are the worst looking catering trucks on the field..They abuse you and if you get injured it's your fault...Management is horrible...They offer free food but most drivers rarely get an opportunity to eat..No advancement....Low pay...Would not recommend working there.....
Pros
None that I can think of....
Cons
The company as a whole...
Field of Snakes
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYAugust 9, 2016
No room for growth due to everyone being in everyone else's pocket. Married managers are fraternizing with employees, preferential treatment is a norm, verbal abuse is accepted and covered up and discrimination is the only core value shared.They need to be investigated.Human Resources rep on location is complacent and powerless.
True slave camp
Customer Service Representative/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2016
Horrible company to work for, the management ire unorganized, the coworkers were great, that is if you can handle the daily high school like atmosphere, upper and middle management have show little to none care about your personal or family life... Great place if your looking for overtime.... Bad if you have young children or in school yourself!!
Pros
FREE LUNCH, AIRPORT EXPERIENCE
Cons
MANAGEMENT ON ALL LEVELS LACK OF APPRECIATION ON ALL LEVELS
productive work place
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work catering planes i loved the job we had good team work I learned how to change carts on the plane & how to also put them in order on the planes management was well co workers easy to get along with there was no hard part the most enjoyable part was doing my job.
Just started and already don't like it.
Food handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2016
They expect you to work overtime all the time without notice. Supervisors don't like to train new hires but expect workers to do the job in a time efficient manner. Just one word sums this job up..... UNPROFESSIONAL!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Mandatory overtime
cool place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
have very nice coworkers and management.very helpful.good pay.meet different types of people.long breaks,good lunch.cool place to work.