GateGourmet Employee Reviews in United States

True slave camp
Customer Service Representative/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2016
Horrible company to work for, the management ire unorganized, the coworkers were great, that is if you can handle the daily high school like atmosphere, upper and middle management have show little to none care about your personal or family life... Great place if your looking for overtime.... Bad if you have young children or in school yourself!!
Pros
FREE LUNCH, AIRPORT EXPERIENCE
Cons
MANAGEMENT ON ALL LEVELS LACK OF APPRECIATION ON ALL LEVELS
Worst job ever!!
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 18, 2016
This company is a joke the position requires at least four people but is only one person to a station job. They have people who don't even speak English train you so most of the time your lost. The supervisor hounds you to finish your work and walks around doing absolutely nothing. I set up more than 100 carts a day and that's still not enough for the 8.33 cents I am being paid. This company has a high turnover rate because nobody cares to make any changes or listen. The older employees do whatever they please and get the easier job while I get paid less money to work harder. Inaddition you never go home on time ever being an equipment assembler you can't plan anything in advance because you have no idea the time you will be going home.
Pros
Cons
Mangement, rude coworkers, favoritism, not able to ever finish on time
fun beinging on airfield
Driver/Caterer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
enjoyed catering planes hated the hours and pay was low worked in horrible weather be it snow rain extreme heat wasn't able to leave work until your last plane came in that could be 12hours after your shift started the company never cared about your safety just you getting the plane catered
Pros
long hour in crappie weather
Cons
no time for self
Will only miss my coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2016
No organization, bad management, no customer appreciation, and just a hot mess! I was there for a total of 3 months. Management is lazy, they never get things done, do nothing but blame one another when something is wrong and can be very rude at times. Many of the people who have been there for 10+ have yet to see a raise! Hardest part about this job is that your hard work goes unnoticed and there a huge lack of communication.
Pros
Free Lunch
Very arrogant management
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  ROSEMONT, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Applied for a job and Manager tells me "I want someone that fits the role." Exuse Me Explitive! You did NOT major in HUMAN RESOURCES and you have a JOB as a HUMAN Resource Manager. After they Told me this they were PROMOTED to Director of Human Resources Only to QUIT!
Pros
Near the transporatation Hub of O'Hare in Rosemont, IL Provided Lunch or Dinner
Cons
VERY ARROGANT MANAGEMENT

Comment – March 31, 2016

great work
Dishwasher load dishes (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILMarch 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working at gate gourmet had lovely co workers learn how to pack flights the job was not hard at all i came to work happy every day ready to work cause when you know what you doing you be really happy about your job and when you had good co workers they do team work we got our flight out on time and help the next shifts out with their work.
Management is satisfied with mediocre performance standards. Blames others for customer's problems.
EHS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Leadership is aware of the need to improve performance. Uses barriers to resist change. Sets inappropriate targets and measures that have no link to performance improvement.

They reject the point of view or importance of customers and see change as a threat rather than an opportunity.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
HIGH TURNOVER. LOW WAGES. NO DEVELOPMENT
Enjoyable
Materials Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 25, 2016
Gate Gourmet challenged me and taught me how to regain my confidence. After being a stay-at-home mom for years I reentered the work force their. I began in a Union position and was then promoted to an "office" position. My manage was a Class A person to work for. Greatly missed. The only cons were not able to receive raises.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No raises
Productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2016
I was employed with the company for many years. I was able to grow with the company and overall it was a great place to work, even being faced with many challenges the work environment was still able to be enjoyable for those who worked here.
Pros
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT, FAST PACE
Cons
MINIMUM DOWN TIME
Horrible
Gate Serve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2016
This was the worst job ever. Management did not care about their employees and how they treated them. They were insensitive toward the disabled people and forced other peoples work upon you. Favoritism was shown daily.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Cons
Bad management
not a good job, Dishonest management
Dispatcher/ CSA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2015
I was working as a CSA (Driver Helper) for a year before getting promoted to Dispatcher. Well thats what I thought, I worked as a dispatcher for 7 months and I wasnt getting paid for being a dispatcher. I was still getting paid as a CSA. I complained to management about the my raise I was lied to by the management and the HR manager promising back pay and a raise i did not recieve any back pay or raise from them. Nothing ever was resolved. I could not take the deception and lies any longer so I left. This is not a good place to work. The employee meals are not free as advertised. I caught expired food in the lunchroom a couple times and management did nothing. Also, 95% of the time transportation workers have no breaks and lunch breaks.
Pros
Cons
no free lunches as advertised, dishonest management
A good company, growing quickly, with a dedicated staff
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAMay 19, 2016
I love my job and that makes it easy to come to work each day. My co works and staff are knowledgeable and fun to work with. My personal growth and overall knowledge has increased greatly while being here.
no comment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILFebruary 29, 2016
very hectic workplace. Hard part of job is dealing with changes in personnel especially management. I like most of the people I work with and I like the fast paced part of job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
expensive health care, long hours and working days off with no compensation
Productive and fast pace
Gate Serve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
Met many interesting people from all parts of the world.

Great co-workers

Decent and understanding management team.

Obtained a lot of skills in my position as a porter as well as in assisting my co-workers in other positions.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
terrible place to work if yo dont lke the cold
Food Assembler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2016
as a cold food prep you are standing in a freezer at a temperature of 40 degrees or below for 8-10 hours a day. no cold whether protection given from the employer until 90 days are passed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
u have to eat their food only
productive work place
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work catering planes i loved the job we had good team work I learned how to change carts on the plane & how to also put them in order on the planes management was well co workers easy to get along with there was no hard part the most enjoyable part was doing my job.
you have no life
Food Handler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2016
you got to work clock in go through briefing and then attend your work station.the most enjoyable part is lunch/break. They show favoritism.supervisors unorganized, back breaking. they don't like to train new hires. same routine everyday
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
everything else
nice place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2016
first I do a pre-trip for the vehicle, then I load the truck and delivery food to airplane. the management staff is nice and willing to work with you . co- workers help each other. working in the winter is a little hard because the wheels freezer on the carts. meeting people from all over the world.
Very productive and makes the time fly by
CSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Never worked in this type of surrounding was eager to learn and get the experience. This job is definitely a challenge very busy and somewhat unorganized. But no bad experiences.
Pros
Free meals when available
Cons
working outside on bad weather days
Never a dull moment at Gate Gourmet.
Food Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at gate gourmet is supervising 80 employees daily briefing and stretches to communicate coach, and fix previous day issues, at the same time communicate same day and future expectations. Give associates daily meal counts and do quality checks on meals.
I have learned time management, productivity management, inventory and waste control.
My co-workers are a hard working team, I really enjoyed working with everyone at gate gourmet.
the hardest part of the job is working with out product/material, as all flights have a kitchen ready time and a lot of the product was not available in house to meet deadline, making it very challenging to meet company's expectations and productivity.
I enjoyed the challenge of a fast paced environment and working with all associates, solving problems and with my team. I really enjoyed when all flights were finalized and delivered.
Pros
Free lunch for all employees at Gategourmet.