GateGourmet Employee Reviews

driver
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 21, 2016
very understaffed management does not communicate well with each other they like to put a lot work on the employees and will over work you management will get mad if you don't answer your phone on your off days
productive fun workplace
Food Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2016
a typical day of work was basically simple food assembly fulltime 8 hours a day,i learned to work as part of a team,i enjoyed management,i enjoyed working with my coworkers,the hardest part of the job was getting up at 4 am,the most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid each week
Sorry to say, but this company has the worse amangement ever!
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 10, 2015
This was the place were I met the best people, which many seems to be very unhappy not just with management but with the company overall. The benefits are not the best. Pay is good but the company does nt offer too much advancement with in the company.
Pros
great pay!
Cons
not good benefits
Busy Workplace
Transportation Team Setup (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2016
Typical day at gate gourmet is to make sure im ice bucket is filled up so i can do all my flights as quick as possible. Also to make sure my flight has the correct amount of food, soda, water and beer/wine.
Good learning experience
Exec. Assistant to the Chief Commercial Officer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 23, 2015
During my tenure at Gate Gourmet I learned a lot about the commercial catering business as well as the service industry as it applies to airlines.
I increased my practical knowledge of excel and other Microsoft applications.

I enjoyed the ability to work from home. I enjoyed working with my bosses (all three of them) and my other co-workers. The company focuses on 4 values and tries to reinforce them through awards and incentives.
Pros
telework, flexible hours
Cons
a lot of company restructuring happening, lack of effective communications from management, benefits
Good company, but no raises given after positive reviews on the quality of work you provide.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2016
Fast paced and detailed orient, follow specifications to flight pack out. High pressure to make goals and achieve KPI's.
Pros
Free lunch daily
Cons
Extended hours to complete assignments
Dont work for them
quality customer service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2016
I will not work for them ever again.. I just started working and I had a date to have surgery procedure done and they fried me because of that. I was still able to work and all but they did care
n/a
Food Production (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2016
its a fast pase work inside a cooler. preping foods for different airline companies. prep, pack, and storing is part of what i do at this company. It is a safe job to work at as long as you follow the safety guidelines.
Horrible
Gate Serve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2016
This was the worst job ever. Management did not care about their employees and how they treated them. They were insensitive toward the disabled people and forced other peoples work upon you. Favoritism was shown daily.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Cons
Bad management
Very arrogant management
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  ROSEMONT, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Applied for a job and Manager tells me "I want someone that fits the role." Exuse Me Explitive! You did NOT major in HUMAN RESOURCES and you have a JOB as a HUMAN Resource Manager. After they Told me this they were PROMOTED to Director of Human Resources Only to QUIT!
Pros
Near the transporatation Hub of O'Hare in Rosemont, IL Provided Lunch or Dinner
Cons
VERY ARROGANT MANAGEMENT

Comment – March 31, 2016

Still growing
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
schedule??? what schedule?? I went to bed and woke up thinking about the operation. 1 shift gets all the A list employees, the rest are "dumped " to other shifts and the supervisors have to deal with it.
Pros
great employees
Cons
cancel everything not dealing with Gate Gourmet! Sad but true
alright place to work
Csr (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2016
dealing with management that dont care about their employees make the job difficult than it has to be. Overall its a great place to meet a lot of people while you are at the airport, even celebrities
Good if you like early morning
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
4 am shifts lunch or dinner fairs and weekly pay
My shift was at four in the morning, they have lunch or dinner and it pretty good. The job also pays weekly
Pros
4 am shifts
Cons
4 am shifts
busy work place
Catering Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
dispatching flight inbound and outbound and answering all radio calls tray setting when need if we are short handing responsible for receiving and transmitting pure and reliable messages tracking equipment
Pros
long lunches
Cons
24 /7 operation
High volume, fast paced, production warehouse atmosphere.
New Hire Support Specialist- Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2013
The shifts run 24 hours around the clock (based on the daily Delta flight schedules). At any given time there can be a sudden change in flight status or equipment. Very detail oriented atmosphere. I learned how to effectively communicate with several hundred different cultures. The co workers are very couragous and bold and love to pro - actively dominate and own their assigned projects (i.e. FMLA, PAFs, Taleo & Ulti Pro Recruiting. The Management is very supportive and motivational. The hardest part of my job and have dual roles of an administrative clerk and a physical on site Public Relations Specialist. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be informative to those lacking information relevant to any urgent problem they may have.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
expensive benefits, no bonuses or promotions.
Daily work
Ramp guide (Current Employee) –  Atlanta Ga.August 7, 2014
I am a driver helper so i am either help the driver get to the plane and cater their flights or just guide them to their flight. I learned how a plane is catered but nothing more. The management is bad due to the fact that they don't take advice, they put there employees in potions to get in trouble and to be fired. My co-workers okay people like everywhere some good some not so good but you learn who you can and can not deal with. The hardest part of my job sometimes is the waiting on the planes to come in cause I'm a man that don't sit still too long I like to keep moving it makes the time go by faster. The most enjoyable part is not being still and meeting new people like the flight attendant.
Pros
i'm outside and the expirence
Cons
no raises, poor health insurance plan
fun beinging on airfield
Driver/Caterer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
enjoyed catering planes hated the hours and pay was low worked in horrible weather be it snow rain extreme heat wasn't able to leave work until your last plane came in that could be 12hours after your shift started the company never cared about your safety just you getting the plane catered
Pros
long hour in crappie weather
Cons
no time for self
High Turnover rate
CSR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2016
This would be a great place to work in if they paid more money for the ones that work in the extreme weather. The work hours were good except working on the holidays and not having long enough lunch breaks.
laid back
Senior Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 24, 2016
it is a laid back job but cheap pay wise. not much room for advancement and there seems to be a high turn over rate. get the experience you need then leave
LAX has No job security.
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2016
Being a woman of color LAX Gate Gourmet has no job security it's pro Hispanic. Very prejudice and need to be examined. Starting with management.
Pros
Weekly paid
Cons
Healthcare.Job Security.