GateGourmet Employee Reviews

Good paying job - lots of overtime
Head Cook - Special Meals Section (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2016
A good paying company although the working environment is not so good. Pretty good benefits as well. Not enough personnel to do all tasks
It's a dependable job with benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2016
If u like working outside in the weather .its ok . all the over time u want and don't want .its a mandatory 4hr hold on employees on a daily basis .Management sucks .they treat their employees like children . There are no pay raises issued.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
very fun to work for
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILNovember 2, 2016
very, very busy what i learned is how to be a production inspector management was great as well my co-workers were very helpful if one slack they would be there to pick you up the hardest part was staying awake cause it was grave yard shift the most enjoyable part was getting our work finish.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
working in 40 degree weather all year around
Incompetent Leadership and Not Employee Centered
Director (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 2, 2016
Bad company. Low margin, labor and capital intensive business results in employees being stretched in order to achieve operational and financial performance. No investment in people or processes. Sold in early 2016 to HNA (a Chinese conglomerate). Poor leadership produced by a revolving door in HQ. I personally witnessed employee disrespect both in management and field personnel. Provided poor food to employees and this from a food service company. Poor pay, no training, wants one employee to do the job of two or three. Yet they keep underperforming employees because they can't go anywhere else. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent Leadership, Poor Pay, No Respect for People
Overtime
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2016
They do overtime by seniority which is stupid in my opinion and unfair to other workers and there's to much favoritism going on
Cons
Good
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 28, 2016
One of the best job I've had and great experience. Great Management/co workers, professional & great opportunities. Very flexible with schedule. Good place to work.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Compensation
Gate Gourmet was a cool place to work. I got along famously with my co-workers.
Food Assembler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2016
Gate Gourmet was an okay place to work. I got over time anytime I wanted. And I also was thoroughly explained on how to do the task that I was assigned.
Pros
we received free lunch and beverages
Cons
the benefits were expensive.
Gate Gourmet
Galley Lead, Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2016
It is a fast paced place to work. They offer good hours, great money, and I love working there. The most difficult part about the job is the weather. We work in the hottest of the hottest, and coldest of the coldest.
Flight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2016
it was a good place to work the managers are very concerned being with the co-workers it's very fun and respectful the challenge part it's dealing with the customers.
Pros
Free meal
Beware
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Schiller ParkOctober 8, 2016
This is the most unprofessional employer I have ever worked for. They treat you with disrespect shouting at you every shift like animals.
Pros
They feed you slop! Cream of Alpo.
Cons
It's not fun and low pay no money
Porter (Former Employee) –  1500 Jackson LandingOctober 3, 2016
This job will make you do hard work and of money you can not live and survive off of this company you would need two or three jobs to survive the benefits is high for a little money you make the Union is not good they take your money every month and you still make a little bit of money they say you were going to get a raise but they lie all the time so they can get they way they have you in a position for a long time and then they move you from that position if your application say you were for this positioned they move you this company is not a good company if you trying to survive this company would not do
Gate Gourmet
Pantry Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2016
I worked in the pantry it was ok but when it was cold outside it's sometimes cold inside because I'm working with food especially the fruit. Times would get hard when extra flights would come in or someone else was slacking so that made it harder sometimes for us to catch up. I enjoyed working with the company and meeting new people of different races.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working in the cold
laid back
Senior Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 24, 2016
it is a laid back job but cheap pay wise. not much room for advancement and there seems to be a high turn over rate. get the experience you need then leave
Dont work for them
quality customer service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2016
I will not work for them ever again.. I just started working and I had a date to have surgery procedure done and they fried me because of that. I was still able to work and all but they did care
Quality Assurance Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GASeptember 20, 2016
Work as team players
Management work well with employees
Very fun work place employees work together as a team to get the job done.
Management shows appreciation to employees
General manager very friendly and professional
Good if you like early morning
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
4 am shifts lunch or dinner fairs and weekly pay
My shift was at four in the morning, they have lunch or dinner and it pretty good. The job also pays weekly
Pros
4 am shifts
Cons
4 am shifts
n/a
Food Production (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2016
its a fast pase work inside a cooler. preping foods for different airline companies. prep, pack, and storing is part of what i do at this company. It is a safe job to work at as long as you follow the safety guidelines.
Horrible Place to Work !!!!
inbound international flights (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
I've always prided myself on my ability to stay with a company and grow for years as in 10+. This company I only stayed 2 months. They work you overtime without notice up to 4 hours over. This happened on a regular basis. In two and half months I only went home on time twice. They don't care about their employees. Your expendable. You do get to eat free in the cafeteria as a job perk. What they fail to mention is that its leftovers from what airlines no longer wanted to serve, rarely is there enough to go around, its overcooked and prepared in unsanitary filthy conditions. The bathrooms are worse than any freeway service station restroom I've ever been in. Management talks to their employees like dogs. They will yell, embarrass, and humiliate you in front of co workers. The pay is minimal for the amount of work they want. Its like a dirty sweat shop.
If I were you I would never drink from a soda can on a Delta plane ever again. Its just gross what conditions these are kept in and then just rinsed off with just water(sometimes not even clean water) and sent right back out for people to drink on a plane. I would not recommend this job to anyone. I don't mind the work. Its the conditions and the treatment that are intolerable.
Pros
free uniforms after 90 days
Cons
everything
Busy Workplace
Transportation Team Setup (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2016
Typical day at gate gourmet is to make sure im ice bucket is filled up so i can do all my flights as quick as possible. Also to make sure my flight has the correct amount of food, soda, water and beer/wine.
Corrosive work environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 27, 2016
With the current management at this company run away as fast as you can. They go through employees daily. New employees last an average of 3days. Then all the other employees must pick up the extra work while management sits in their office or goes home. Then you are reprimanded for not doing the job of four total employees and also the overtime spent trying to complete all the extra work.
Pros
Most other employees are hardworking, good people. Free lunches
Cons
Broke promises in regards to hours, responsibilities, and most of all, wages. Promised raises even following positive work evaluations are a lie.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GateGourmet. Our community is ready to answer.