GateGourmet Employee Reviews

it is productive and some fun
Food Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2017
the work was good exept of the cold temperature. people are good and clean place. the hardest of this job is the cold weather at winter.
The enjoyable part when having hot meal at lunch time.
Good if you like early morning
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
4 am shifts lunch or dinner fairs and weekly pay
My shift was at four in the morning, they have lunch or dinner and it pretty good. The job also pays weekly
Pros
4 am shifts
Cons
4 am shifts
It's a very easy job as long as your paying attention while your working
CSA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2016
The best job yet to work at in fact I'm trying to get back in there now and the pay is great as well, I use to work a lot of over time
Flight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2016
it was a good place to work the managers are very concerned being with the co-workers it's very fun and respectful the challenge part it's dealing with the customers.
Pros
Free meal
Very fun work environment
Porter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2016
I really liked this job & would love going back if possible! One of the best jobs I ever had, paid lunch free lunch & overtime. Gate Gourmet is one of the leaders of today in food preparation & it also taste good as well
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everyone thinks there the boss
High volume, fast paced, production warehouse atmosphere.
New Hire Support Specialist- Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2013
The shifts run 24 hours around the clock (based on the daily Delta flight schedules). At any given time there can be a sudden change in flight status or equipment. Very detail oriented atmosphere. I learned how to effectively communicate with several hundred different cultures. The co workers are very couragous and bold and love to pro - actively dominate and own their assigned projects (i.e. FMLA, PAFs, Taleo & Ulti Pro Recruiting. The Management is very supportive and motivational. The hardest part of my job and have dual roles of an administrative clerk and a physical on site Public Relations Specialist. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be informative to those lacking information relevant to any urgent problem they may have.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Expensive Benefits, No Bonuses or Promotions.
Overtime
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2016
They do overtime by seniority which is stupid in my opinion and unfair to other workers and there's to much favoritism going on
Gate Gourmet
Galley Lead, Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2016
It is a fast paced place to work. They offer good hours, great money, and I love working there. The most difficult part about the job is the weather. We work in the hottest of the hottest, and coldest of the coldest.
good place to work
Food Prep Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2016
a place with friendly people they offer free breakfast and lunch managers are good and friendly just the pay was not eough
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
salary
Just started and already don't like it.
Food handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2016
They expect you to work overtime all the time without notice. Supervisors don't like to train new hires but expect workers to do the job in a time efficient manner. Just one word sums this job up..... UNPROFESSIONAL!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Beware
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Schiller ParkOctober 8, 2016
This is the most unprofessional employer I have ever worked for. They treat you with disrespect shouting at you every shift like animals.
Pros
They feed you slop! Cream of Alpo.
Cons
Never a dull moment at Gate Gourmet.
Food Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at gate gourmet is supervising 80 employees daily briefing and stretches to communicate coach, and fix previous day issues, at the same time communicate same day and future expectations. Give associates daily meal counts and do quality checks on meals.
I have learned time management, productivity management, inventory and waste control.
My co-workers are a hard working team, I really enjoyed working with everyone at gate gourmet.
the hardest part of the job is working with out product/material, as all flights have a kitchen ready time and a lot of the product was not available in house to meet deadline, making it very challenging to meet company's expectations and productivity.
I enjoyed the challenge of a fast paced environment and working with all associates, solving problems and with my team. I really enjoyed when all flights were finalized and delivered.
Pros
Free lunch for all employees at Gategourmet.
Dont work for them
quality customer service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2016
I will not work for them ever again.. I just started working and I had a date to have surgery procedure done and they fried me because of that. I was still able to work and all but they did care
Airline Catering Experince
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2015
When we started our days we always had a little meeting before our shift. We would stretch, then discuss the previous day and assign stations for people to do. I learned a lot from this job on how to mass production of food. The management team made things fun and a blast work with, but there were a few bad apples that made your job even harder than it needed to be. My co-workers helped each other out when it was needed. The hardest part about this job was making sure everything you had to do was done by the end of your shift. The thing I enjoyed most about this is that I was given the opportunity to show that I can be a leader and move up in the chain of command.
Pros
Free Food, Benefits, Compensation, Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Hours
n/a
Food Production (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2016
its a fast pase work inside a cooler. preping foods for different airline companies. prep, pack, and storing is part of what i do at this company. It is a safe job to work at as long as you follow the safety guidelines.
Busy Workplace
Transportation Team Setup (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2016
Typical day at gate gourmet is to make sure im ice bucket is filled up so i can do all my flights as quick as possible. Also to make sure my flight has the correct amount of food, soda, water and beer/wine.
Daily work
Ramp guide (Current Employee) –  Atlanta Ga.August 7, 2014
I am a driver helper so i am either help the driver get to the plane and cater their flights or just guide them to their flight. I learned how a plane is catered but nothing more. The management is bad due to the fact that they don't take advice, they put there employees in potions to get in trouble and to be fired. My co-workers okay people like everywhere some good some not so good but you learn who you can and can not deal with. The hardest part of my job sometimes is the waiting on the planes to come in cause I'm a man that don't sit still too long I like to keep moving it makes the time go by faster. The most enjoyable part is not being still and meeting new people like the flight attendant.
Pros
I'm outside and the expirence
Cons
No raises, poor health insurance plan
Worse company i have ever worked at.
Lead position - Directed & Trained Employees (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2014
Management doesn't have a clue.
People quit weekly so we have mandatory over time every night.
Foul language with in the first 5 mins entering the door.
Supervisor lets some stand around then rides others.
The most racist company i have been apart of.
The best part of the job walking out the door.
After your 10 cent raise after 6 months you never ever get a raise n you pay union dues. union contract exp. in jan 2013
In the year and a half i was there all of hr quit, general manager quit,
the manager quit and 5 supervisors quit or where fired .
Not to mention 50 employees quit.
Good news need a job there hiring lol
Pros
Close to home free food
Cons
just read my review
high tech SNF facility, and great PT programs for rehab patients. Manor Care accepts many diverse patients with multiple health conditions.
Sales (Former Employee) –  villa park, ilJuly 19, 2012
*fast paced energetic day full of fun and work work work. Setting weekly goals .and accomplishing them.
*controlling my ego and when we work together we complete everything
*great management even the managers work hard
*co-workers have a bunch of different personalities and talents and when we all come together we make a great team.
*not working and completing others unfinished work
*setting goals and completing them . being apart of a team
Pros
lunches, benefits and paid vacation the pay is also okay
Cons
short breaks sometimes hours are decreased
High Turnover rate
CSR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2016
This would be a great place to work in if they paid more money for the ones that work in the extreme weather. The work hours were good except working on the holidays and not having long enough lunch breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GateGourmet. Our community is ready to answer.