GateGourmet Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced enviorment
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 19, 2015
Its a fast paced high demand for multi tasking enviorment. Great on the job training. Climate control for food and storage.
Pros
Free lunches daily incentives
Cons
low pay
a day
foodhandler (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, MOAugust 18, 2015
typical day is cool but more need more people and they should take more and concern with people that important or ask if they allergic to anything or have health issues and etc
Pros
free lunch but improve in meals
Cons
management
Seeking a new challenge
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park Illinois-August 16, 2015
Dailey inspection for Sanitation, food safety and hygiene
Review all HACCP records-file
Help support Departments with training or coaching by working side by side with the employees
Send e-mails and direct contact with Managers for corrective actions dealing with CCP's and SOP's
Monitor Porter staff on cleaning procedures throughout the kitchen-(110,000 square feet)
Monitor Maintenace issues-assign work orders for any repairs
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Magement support following CCP&SOP
Great stepping stone to learn SAP
Buyer / SAP Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 16, 2015
The company is very driven with Supply Chain Management and uses SAP as its primary ERP system. Using the JIT process at the company is a great way to eliminate overusage and waste of perishable materials.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not enough pay for the current workload
Airline Catering Experince
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2015
When we started our days we always had a little meeting before our shift. We would stretch, then discuss the previous day and assign stations for people to do. I learned a lot from this job on how to mass production of food. The management team made things fun and a blast work with, but there were a few bad apples that made your job even harder than it needed to be. My co-workers helped each other out when it was needed. The hardest part about this job was making sure everything you had to do was done by the end of your shift. The thing I enjoyed most about this is that I was given the opportunity to show that I can be a leader and move up in the chain of command.
Pros
Free Food, Benefits, Compensation, Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Hours
Good place to develop a successful career.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 5, 2015
Management has really done a great job of building a fun, competitive, hard working office culture where everyone typically likes each other. Like any other successful job, it can be challenging and helpful for the staff.
Great
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  ATLANTA, GAJuly 30, 2015
I enjoyed working here, it was very interesting, fun and fast. They people was alright at times. I enjoy they people I have met in the freeze
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
NEVER BE LATE, TARDY
Unorganized, understaffed, lunch they serve is worthless.
Equipment Processor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
The coworkers are rude, company shows favoritism to those that barely work. Only good thing about the company is the weekly pay. The job says mandatory overtime but it is only required by 2nd shift not 3rd or 1st which unfair.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Mandatory Overtime
A typical day at Gate Gourmet.
Food Assembler (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILJuly 2, 2015
A typical day would consist of making sure all carts were completed in a timely manner, making sure my work area was clean and stocked before the end of my shift. I learned how to work in a non stop, fast pace enviornment. Majority of the co workers were willing to help others when needed. Management was always patient with the new employees.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Cons
Transportation.
Cold and Hot environmen
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2015
gate gourmet is an ok place to work. Crew meeting at the beginning of the shift to let you know what is expected of your by the end of the shift. MANDATORY overtime. Decent pay weekly.
Pros
pays weekly
Cons
working inside freezer
My Review
Special Meals Preparation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
I love the fast paced environment. The ability to learn different food backgrounds and cultures. Customer friendly and mission focused.
Not at all a fun working place
Galley Packer (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 18, 2015
Shifts starts at 3am in the morning in the freezer. The thing i learned is time management because planes never stop and no matter what tasks were supposed to be completed.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Freezer, cold, minimum wage
Very busy productive place.
flight coordinator (Former Employee) –  South San FranciscoJune 16, 2015
Gate Gourmet has its ups and downs but overall its a place that keeps you busy and it becomes your second home. The gate life is what we call you become one big family my coworkers were the best and I was one of the youngest out of the coordinators but I kept up. Iearned great customer service here the hardest part of my job I would say is trying my hardest not to get a delay especially when you have so much on your mind,its a lot of mulit-tasking going on but once you get it you wont forget it.The part I enjoyed most was going to field were you meet with flight attendants and pilots and discuss meals and other great stuff.Overall it was a great experience management was great and I was able to learn alot.
Pros
free meals
Cons
benifits
Very productive work place fast paced environment
Storeroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  los angeles caJune 12, 2015
I like working for gate gourmet the supervisors was great in each department you will get to meet new peolpe everyday and they had set hours but still call you in for overtime if they need you so really fun job to work at.
Pros
you get free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Sorry to say, but this company has the worse amangement ever!
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 10, 2015
This was the place were I met the best people, which many seems to be very unhappy not just with management but with the company overall. The benefits are not the best. Pay is good but the company does nt offer too much advancement with in the company.
Pros
great pay!
Cons
not good benefits
LIquor Room Clerk
Equipment Assembler/Liquor Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicaago IllinoisJune 4, 2015
Working at Gate Gourmet is exciting and sometimes frustrating. We must get the flights out by a certain time so that the planes can take off accordingly. THe management team and co workers are great to work with and it is a family based company.
Pros
co workers, money
Cons
growth
Keeps you busy!
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 3, 2015
As far as I can see the company was pretty good. Had to • Restocking/Unload Food cart from Inbound/Outbound Planes Washing of trays
You learn something new everyday.
Food Assembler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2015
This job teaches you skills for the work environment and for the home. You are around very diverse people and you learn not only about the company but the people who make it happen everyday.
High paced environment with emphasis on teamwork.
Food Assembler - Expeditor (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 27, 2015
In a normal day you deal with the complexities of airline travel and the time constraints that airlines operate under.You're working with people from different backgrounds doing their small part to effectively cater to airline consumers. I've learned patience and how to overcome language barriers and solving problems on the fly.
Free Lunches
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2015
Gained a great deal of knowledge and experience working in the International Kitchen. Supervisors and Management could use more professionalism. Too many shortages on product needed to serve airlines efficiently.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
The food purchased isn't very appetizing