Gates Corporation

Gates Corporation Employer Reviews

Lean Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, MOMay 16, 2013
run reports, check materials for defects. Co-workers were awesome and fun to be around. We all worked together as a team to get things completed. Hardest part of job was getting management involved in daily activities.
Great management and staff; work hard in a healthy lifestyle driven atmosphere, supports public transportation and keep employees informed.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 5, 2013
Worked in Corporate in Denver. Team members were carefully chosen for work ethic, knowledge, skills and ability to fit well within the team and company in general. The general working culture was supportive of new ideas and solutions to problems. Although benchmark driven the company also provided tools to meet those benchmarks. It was a pleasure to – more... work at Gates. – less
World-wide corporation
Technical Analyst II (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: excellent location in lodo
Cons: no chance of permanent employment
Gates contracts many positions including IT with little or no chance of full time employment.
Complexity and mixed priorities
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 27, 2012
Overall a complex place to work. Focused more on cost containment than revenue growth.
I picked and packed orders using a scanner gun
I picked and packed orders (Former Employee), Lithonia, GANovember 8, 2012
I loved this job. It was the fact that it was a short term project
A company with great products.
Director of Global Market Research & BD (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 5, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: management, culture
This company had great products but were not strategic. They had a good number of managers but very few leaders, regardless of the functional organization.
Very strict corporate environment with little room to advance within the company
Marketing and Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), World Headquarters Denver, ColoradoOctober 31, 2012
Pros: my co-workers, our newer bicycle market development team, my work with the marketing group, eco-pass for denver public transportation
Cons: antiquated work schedules, micro-management at highest levels, very little fostering of creative and innovative marketing or process ideas
Working for Gates Corporation was a great experience. I was able to learn how to manage all projects from Pricing, HR, to Marketing Analysis Tables, and Compensation formulas. I enjoyed helping develop our new markets and plan events and meetings along with working closely with my co-workers to help make Gates a better place to work.
Poor Leadership
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 27, 2012
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: poor leadership, pathetic raises, manipulative people
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Constant change and reorganization to cut cut heads as a "cost savings initiative". How about senior management stops throwing around their weight to drive fear into their employees. No respect and no pride for this company. The people put in leadership roles have an education level of a HS Diploma.

August 26, 2012

wholeheartedly agree.

February 7, 2013

Always fascinating how individuals that do nothing to improve the work environment are the squeakiest wheels?? I work there an rarely hear anyone who is working hard, making a difference every day, complain, curious…

Disciplined environment
Assembly Fabrication Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 13, 2012
Active and creative environment, hard and rewarding work, great co-workers

July 27, 2012

In what world? Gates is disciplined by fear of losing their job thanks to senior management. Leadership is poor and there's a constant haze over the dam* place!

great place to work
Territorial Sales Manager (Former Employee), orlando,flJune 1, 2012
Pros: company car, 401k
Called on customers, to increase market share in the central Florida
Area. Best part of the job was working with customers to increase their business
Professional and engaging
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), ARMay 20, 2012
Pros: health benifits, and co-workers
Cons: locations
I learned that even large companies are not secure. Co-workers are supportive. Hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there was always something different every day.
quality products that provided solutions
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 19, 2012
Pros: diverse territory
Cons: difficult to connect with engineering
provided products that were current. Gates is very forward thinking
Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Columbia, MOMarch 24, 2012
Pros: large company
Cons: changing management
Gates is a large company going though a lot of changes right now. Upper Managerment is attempting to manage by fear which trickles down to the local management. I left because of a job my wife took in another location but probably would have left on my own after some more time. Moral is low and head count and raises seems to be the first thing that – more... Management can cut so they do. Puts stress on everyone and makes the day to day work environment difficult at time. – less

July 27, 2012

Agreed! Gates is a terrible place to work as senior management only cares about fattening their wallets! They have no vested interested in their employees...well, what's left of them.

Factory
CNC Operator (Former Employee), London, ONMay 11, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: closed
Worked on the line with other employees. Made a great group of friends that still talk

About Gates Corporation

This company's belts don't keep pants up; they keep vehicles running instead. One of the largest manufacturers of automotive and – Read more