Gates Corporation

Gates Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work...
Accountant (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 12, 2014
Great place to work! I would recommend working here if you can.
I cut hydraulic hoses at precise measurments according to orders and also crimp parts and pack orders out according to what the customer wants.
SAW OPERATOR (Current Employee), Iola, KSJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work I am getting orders ready to be shipped according to the customer needs. I work well with others, I enjoy working in a team but can also do fine on my own. I am a fast learner and alwasy try to make sure I get the job done right. The hardest part of my job would have to be the excessive amount of manditory overtime. It is not easy to do with kids. I have always enjoyed my job I enjoy learning new tasks and skills and then following through with customer satifaction.
Learning Experience
Quality Technician (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MODecember 11, 2013
Where I developed and trained in Quality. Good employees over all. Good work atmosphere.
Production Work
Production Associate (Former Employee), Siloam Springs, ARDecember 2, 2013
Pros: traveling
Cons: being away from family
We made timing belts for all types of machine and vehicles. We inspected and over-inspected to customer's specification
It was a good feeling when u walked into the doors. its a great place to work.
Maintenance man (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 5, 2013
Pros: if know one gets hurt or if we did over are goal they feed us.
I loved the place. I was a inter there for 1000 hours. I would love to work back there again. It is a good family environment. Good people all around, and good bosses.
good place to work at
Production Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCOctober 4, 2013
very nice people they were very helping looking for more oppurtunities to work with them
Excellent place to work. Enjoyable. Yearly company picnics, and other company sponsored activities.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Jefferson, NCJuly 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee/hot chocolate, luncheons. training.
Cons: hot environment. closing due to economy.
I really enjoy going to work everyday. Each day contains different challenges. The management encourages employee participation in safety and idea gathering. I attend many different types of training classes (i.e. SPC, Safety, Problem Solving, Employee Relations, etc.) The hardest part of my job is employee scheduling due to understaffing in the maintenance department. The part of my job I enjoy the most is being able to make production employees jobs easier through continuous improvements. I am saddened that the plant is closing due to the economic down turn in our country.
Hard working but fun staff that is very willing to help when needed.
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 19, 2013
Work would begin at around 7:30-8am and go until 4:30-5pm.

Management was very willing to give feedback or answer any questions about a project that was being worked on and coworkers were more than willing to help answer other questions when managers were busy.

Got decent exposure to the software ORACLE and GERS
Easy going
Plating Line Support (Former Employee), Versailles, MOJune 7, 2013
Pros: you can make up time that you missed
Cons: hard to move up
Good place to work for descent pay. Understands lifes bumps in the road. Great co-workers.
Lean Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, MOMay 16, 2013
run reports, check materials for defects. Co-workers were awesome and fun to be around. We all worked together as a team to get things completed. Hardest part of job was getting management involved in daily activities.
Great management and staff; work hard in a healthy lifestyle driven atmosphere, supports public transportation and keep employees informed.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 5, 2013
Worked in Corporate in Denver. Team members were carefully chosen for work ethic, knowledge, skills and ability to fit well within the team and company in general. The general working culture was supportive of new ideas and solutions to problems. Although benchmark driven the company also provided tools to meet those benchmarks. It was a pleasure to work at Gates.
World-wide corporation
Technical Analyst II (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: excellent location in lodo
Cons: no chance of permanent employment
Gates contracts many positions including IT with little or no chance of full time employment.
Complexity and mixed priorities
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 27, 2012
Overall a complex place to work. Focused more on cost containment than revenue growth.
I picked and packed orders using a scanner gun
I picked and packed orders (Former Employee), Lithonia, GANovember 8, 2012
I loved this job. It was the fact that it was a short term project
A company with great products.
Director of Global Market Research & BD (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 5, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: management, culture
This company had great products but were not strategic. They had a good number of managers but very few leaders, regardless of the functional organization.
Very strict corporate environment with little room to advance within the company
Marketing and Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), World Headquarters Denver, ColoradoOctober 31, 2012
Pros: my co-workers, our newer bicycle market development team, my work with the marketing group, eco-pass for denver public transportation
Cons: antiquated work schedules, micro-management at highest levels, very little fostering of creative and innovative marketing or process ideas
Working for Gates Corporation was a great experience. I was able to learn how to manage all projects from Pricing, HR, to Marketing Analysis Tables, and Compensation formulas. I enjoyed helping develop our new markets and plan events and meetings along with working closely with my co-workers to help make Gates a better place to work.
Poor Leadership
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 27, 2012
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: poor leadership, pathetic raises, manipulative people
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Constant change and reorganization to cut cut heads as a "cost savings initiative". How about senior management stops throwing around their weight to drive fear into their employees. No respect and no pride for this company. The people put in leadership roles have an education level of a HS Diploma.

August 26, 2012

wholeheartedly agree.

February 7, 2013

Always fascinating how individuals that do nothing to improve the work environment are the squeakiest wheels?? I work there an rarely hear anyone who is working hard, making a difference every day, complain, curious…

Disciplined environment
Assembly Fabrication Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 13, 2012
Active and creative environment, hard and rewarding work, great co-workers

July 27, 2012

In what world? Gates is disciplined by fear of losing their job thanks to senior management. Leadership is poor and there's a constant haze over the dam* place!

great place to work
Territorial Sales Manager (Former Employee), orlando,flJune 1, 2012
Pros: company car, 401k
Called on customers, to increase market share in the central Florida
Area. Best part of the job was working with customers to increase their business
Professional and engaging
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), ARMay 20, 2012
Pros: health benifits, and co-workers
Cons: locations
I learned that even large companies are not secure. Co-workers are supportive. Hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there was always something different every day.

About Gates Corporation

This company's belts don't keep pants up; they keep vehicles running instead. One of the largest manufacturers of automotive and – Read more

Gates Corporation Salaries