Medical Assistant - Brooklyn
(FULL TIME POSITION)
Pediatric Clinic in Brooklyn with medium volume Avg 30- 35 patients a day.
Looking for someone that is organized and tidy, and that has at least ONE year of clinical experience being Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist at another facility
We need someone that is a good team player and is able to communicate well with co-workers, and doctor to insure best results for both patients and clinic.
During Each Medical Visit
Prepare rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician
Keep new /clean sterile materials available in each room, and at nurse station
Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
Interview and Record patient’s medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height. Also take pharmacy information.
Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing
Work closely with doctor, and front desk staff to keep flow of patients.
Must know how to properly do:
Basic Lab Test
Make calls to laboratory and Pharmacies
Call backs to patients for recall blood work.
Inventory and order medical, lab, and office supplies and equipment.
Position requires a high school diploma or GED, with a Medical Assistant certification from a notable education facility. Prior (paid) physician office or residential 1 year experience. Strong computer skills, ability to multitask and work well independently with all both Children and Parents is essential.
*MUST BE Bilingual (fluent in Spanish)
We use electronic medical charts (Eclinical Works) , but will provide system training.
- Reliability, including excellent standards of attendance and punctuality
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively interact with multiple constituencies
- Highly developed standards of professionalism, including appearance, presentation and demeanor
- The ability to meaningfully contribute value as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, supporting coworkers when necessary, to ensure a positive patient experience and efficient departmental operations
- Collaboration, patience, and professional congeniality with patients and colleagues
We are committed to doing what is right, even if it is not easy.
We are committed to serving the needs and preferences of our patients, students, faculty and staff.
We strive to exceed the expectations of our customers with every interaction.
We measure our individual success by the success of our overall work group.
We are committed to demonstrating courtesy, kindness and respect to our co-workers.
We take ownership of our work and maintain the highest personal standards.
We feel every worker should be responsible for the duties they have been assigned.
Work ethic is key, A worker must correct or notify their fellow co-worker if something is being done incorrectly not be a bystander to incompetence.
Contact: Via Email
Location : Brooklyn , Borderline between Bushwick and Ridgewood, Queens
Hours: 9am- 5pm Monday- Friday. Saturday 9am-1:30pm
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY; IF YOU DO NOT MEET CRITERIA YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED