Gates Employee Reviews

Learning different vehicles
Lube Tech (Current Employee), South Bend, INJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Working on many different model vehicles
Cons: Working in the heat
Busy days from start to finish. Have learned how to be professional with customers as well as management. Some co-workers are harder to work with than others but we all get along together. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat. I most enjoy all the different model vehicles I am exposed to on a daily basis.
Productive and I have learned so much from this internship.
Technological and Invitation Internship (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIApril 12, 2015
All around just a really great job. Everyday I was challenged with something new everyday. I am happy I was here fro 9 months.
Save yourself
Extrusion Operator/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: management, communication, leadership, competency, vision
horrible environment. Not worth the pay to be in a cancer environment. several raw materials used cause cancer and they do not warn you. You work on your equipment for 12hrs a day and when something goes wrong you cant do what you need to do to fix it, for one you are union and you can be fired for performing maintenance on a piece of equipment. Second they listen to maintenance over you and maintenance attitude is we don't want to so its operator error, and you would think common scenes would tell some one that hey this person works here and knows his equipment, and has seen theses problems multiple times before but no lets listen to the guy who can sit on his behind if theirs nothing to do. Oh and they will walk you out for taking time off, when you have the proper documentation signed for leave.
finisher (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOJanuary 29, 2015
The people was good to get along with but the office was not very freindly
Decent work environment but with low morale.
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee), Iola, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, decent benefits, good learning experience
Cons: poor management skills, 75% turnover rate
Most people here are wonderful hard working individuals. I've enjoyed working with and training my co-workers. They all seem to genuinely care and are very helpful.
Management is not very willing to accommodate the needs of the employees and are not as family oriented as they claim to be. However they have given me a lot of opportunity to learn various skills including sending me to a 40 hour advanced problem solving training course.
The most difficult part of my job is knowing that there is little to no room for growth. I need a company that will allow me to flourish.
I have learned quite a bit working for Gates. Most of my computer skills weren't learned until I got the returns coordinator position. I can also run most of the machinery we have out on the floor.
A typical day for me is mostly working on our new project. I do enjoy making work easier for the operators out on the floor. I've worked the floor and I understand the difficulties that they deal with.
Great products
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: very interesting applications and problems to solve.
Cons: the only problem was where i was required to live.
I had a large territory that requires a lot of development. I really enjoyed the challenge of making new relationships and learning about new industries and solving their problems.
Poor working Enviornment
Picker/ packer (Former Employee), Florence, KYJanuary 15, 2014
There are quite a few discrepancies with this company. There is many problems with a drama filled work area. There are no ways to express your problems with this and if you do you will be laid off. There is good work flow but other than that not a very good working enviornment.
It was a positive work environment and the most satisfying job I have had so far.
Regional Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: the work enviroment
Cons: the very long hours and solicitors.
I was an Administrative Coordinator and so I had to help with entering the Sales Orders for the Sales Representatives when the phones became to heavy for them to enter them. I worked with the Warehouse in getting out rushed shipments or changes on the order, open of the office, and greet all visitors. What I learned is how to deal with all kinds of solicitors. As for management I felt that I was learning from the best and the same with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was when I had to work 7 days in a row. But the most enjoyable part of my job was the work environment.
Enjoyed my job and those I worked with.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJune 18, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor communication and at times can be very dirty.
Team meetings each morning to inform of problems that occurred previous to our shift. Routine day, splice cord walk line, check dips, look for coverage or any abnormalities on treated cord. Doff spools and package. End of shift inform oncoming shift of any problems that they may want to watch out for and what we did to fix it.
productive work place
picker (Former Employee), Florence, KYMay 7, 2013
Pros: good hours
i picked orders on a cherry picker very friendly people always willing to help with anything
produtive great atmosphere
Production Associate (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAMarch 21, 2013
Very positive enviroment, I learned new skills that will help me better my career.
Productive & safety first workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Hebron, KYFebruary 18, 2013
Gates is a warehouse job. My job is to pick orders & send them off to the customers. I got trained on a trugger jack & im certified. The management there is great & the co-workers are also. The hardest part of the job is picking up heavy items. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting off work!
good pay poor management
Builder (Current Employee), Siloam Springs, ARSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
No advance in company. Not enough time at home
Long hours.good break times.I have advanced as far as I'm going to and feel as I'm at a dead end.
n/a
Cook (Former Employee), n/aMay 17, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
great place to work, managers are fun to be around, and very energetic
Best job ever
Office Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 15, 2012
Pros: free lunch every friday
Cons: n/a
This company was the best one I ever worked for and I wish I would have moved with them.