Gates

Gates Employer Reviews

Decent work environment but with low morale.
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee), Iola, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, decent benefits, good learning experience
Cons: poor management skills, 75% turnover rate
Most people here are wonderful hard working individuals. I've enjoyed working with and training my co-workers. They all seem to genuinely care and are very helpful.
Management is not very willing to accommodate the needs of the employees and are not as family oriented as they claim to be. However they have given me a lot of opportunity to learn various – more... skills including sending me to a 40 hour advanced problem solving training course.
The most difficult part of my job is knowing that there is little to no room for growth. I need a company that will allow me to flourish.
I have learned quite a bit working for Gates. Most of my computer skills weren't learned until I got the returns coordinator position. I can also run most of the machinery we have out on the floor.
A typical day for me is mostly working on our new project. I do enjoy making work easier for the operators out on the floor. I've worked the floor and I understand the difficulties that they deal with. – less
Great products
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: very interesting applications and problems to solve.
Cons: the only problem was where i was required to live.
I had a large territory that requires a lot of development. I really enjoyed the challenge of making new relationships and learning about new industries and solving their problems.
Poor working Enviornment
Picker/ packer (Former Employee), Florence, KYJanuary 15, 2014
There are quite a few discrepancies with this company. There is many problems with a drama filled work area. There are no ways to express your problems with this and if you do you will be laid off. There is good work flow but other than that not a very good working enviornment.
It was a positive work environment and the most satisfying job I have had so far.
Regional Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: the work enviroment
Cons: the very long hours and solicitors.
I was an Administrative Coordinator and so I had to help with entering the Sales Orders for the Sales Representatives when the phones became to heavy for them to enter them. I worked with the Warehouse in getting out rushed shipments or changes on the order, open of the office, and greet all visitors. What I learned is how to deal with all kinds of – more... solicitors. As for management I felt that I was learning from the best and the same with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was when I had to work 7 days in a row. But the most enjoyable part of my job was the work environment. – less
Enjoyed my job and those I worked with.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJune 18, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor communication and at times can be very dirty.
Team meetings each morning to inform of problems that occurred previous to our shift. Routine day, splice cord walk line, check dips, look for coverage or any abnormalities on treated cord. Doff spools and package. End of shift inform oncoming shift of any problems that they may want to watch out for and what we did to fix it.
productive work place
picker (Former Employee), Florence, KYMay 7, 2013
Pros: good hours
i picked orders on a cherry picker very friendly people always willing to help with anything
produtive great atmosphere
Production Associate (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAMarch 21, 2013
Very positive enviroment, I learned new skills that will help me better my career.
Productive & safety first workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Hebron, KYFebruary 18, 2013
Gates is a warehouse job. My job is to pick orders & send them off to the customers. I got trained on a trugger jack & im certified. The management there is great & the co-workers are also. The hardest part of the job is picking up heavy items. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting off work!
good pay poor management
Builder (Current Employee), Siloam Springs, ARSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
No advance in company. Not enough time at home
Long hours.good break times.I have advanced as far as I'm going to and feel as I'm at a dead end.
n/a
Cook (Former Employee), n/aMay 17, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
great place to work, managers are fun to be around, and very energetic
Best job ever
Office Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 15, 2012
Pros: free lunch every friday
Cons: n/a
This company was the best one I ever worked for and I wish I would have moved with them.
a good place to collect experience
Mechanic (Current Employee), Legnica, polandJuly 13, 2014
Pros: normal work a good variety of tool machines
Cons: low wages
Review and repair machines,a lot of different machines. I learned a lot from the mechanics and electromechanics.Management of poor quality,You can not complain on coworkers, and There is a good level of cooperation. The hardest part of the job is the beginning of work and the most enjoyable part of the job is end of work-as usual.
Productive and Career Development
Sr. Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Hidd, Kingdom of BahrainJune 25, 2014
Pros: employee appraisal on gradual period of time, bonus and work retirement benifits.
Cons: long hours.
Gates has given a handfull of experience in driving sales force in a company and i have personally developed my skills towards sales development and support.Very excellent and professional team members and i'm proud that i got a chance to work with a multi national company which is spread across all parts of the Globe.
Nice days
HYD. FITTER (Former Employee), Dubai, DUMay 1, 2014
Pros: tea, stay out side
Cons: overtime
# hydraulics equipment's installation and testing ,service of aromatic systems.

# i learned from gates pumps , motors , professionals valves, hose details, internationals fitter standards , belts, crane,,.................,..
Productive work place
Car Prepper (Former Employee), Bishops Stortford, ENGApril 22, 2014
I was preppering and spraying cars on a day to day basis. I learnt new skills on how a different work place operate.
Productive Learning Environment
Team Leader (Current Employee), Camp Arifjan, KuwaitFebruary 24, 2014
Always changing, learn to adapt.
Update Trackers.
Communicate via email and phone to answer all RFIs.
Create Reports.
Book large quantities of cargo.
Ótimo serviço todos super legais e prestativos
auxiliar de produçao /terceirizada (Former Employee), Jacareí, SPAugust 2, 2014
Pros: refeições era boa e sadaveis
Cons: nada a declarar
Os dias de trabalho era super simples e prestativo, com as atividades produzidas. E nesses dias de trabalho eu tive um aprendizagem que eu jamais tinha pensado que iria desenvolver, aprendi a mexer com paquimetro digital e prensagem de peças nas maquinas e separações no almoxarifado.
Os colegas de trabalho, era surpreendente ajudavam quando me necessitava – more... de ajuda ou quando não sabia exercer o trabalho
Ad dificuldades do trabalho era que tinha que ter total responsabilidades com as peças e ser prestativos com as mascações e os modelos.
A situação agradável era quando todos se reuniam para comemorar algo especial entre colegas – less
9.8
becario (Current Employee), Toluca, MEXDecember 9, 2013
Pros: seguro facultativo
Cons: ninguna
Bueno en un dia tipico de trabajo es entrar a las 7 de la mañana lo primero que se hace es checar cuantas pruevas tecticas llegaron del dia despues de eso integran au archivo con las pruevas anteriores, despues de eso se les checa la prioridad que tengan para enbiarce.
teniendo las de mayor prioridad boy al area donde se hacen las bandas corrspondientes – more... y se enpiesan a construir asta terminarlas.
despues estando terminadas se miden las bandas
-distancia entre centros
-ancho
-espezor
y si salen de acuerdo a la Speck y al plano de la banda se procigue con hacer el papeleo necesario para enbiarcelo al cliente. – less
goede sfeer in het magazijn
magazijnier (Former Employee), DesteldonkAugust 5, 2013
Pros: maaltijdcheques
Cons: ploegwerk
Laden,lossen,receiving en verzending.
Ik heb alles geleerd wat er in een magazijn te leren valt.
De directie is goed.
Leuke collega's.
Ik vond niks moeilijk in deze job.
Gans de job was leuk.
MUY BUEN HABIENTE DE TRABAJO
almacenista (Former Employee), TLALNEPANTLAFebruary 27, 2013
Cons: ninguno
HACES MUY BUENAS AMISTADES TODOS TE BRINDAN SU APYO TE SABN RESOLVER UNA DUDA AL PRINCIPIO ME COSTO UN POCO DE TRABAJO PERO ME FUI ADAPTANDO MUY RAPIDO