Gates Employee Reviews in United States

would not recommend
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 8, 2016
management is unprofessional to say the least the hr person is always going to side with the company I really don't blame her she lost a prior job due to going against management its more about if they like you not about the job that you do very negative environment where you constantly get yelled at and belittled by upper management pay is ok if you like working next to pedofiles there are of lot of good people there but too much overtime at last minute
Pros
decent money
Cons
unprofessional and inconsistencey in management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Versailles, MOJune 15, 2016
A typical day at Gates was to show up 5 minutes early, have a team meeting and then go to your required position for the day. Co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. Managers were helpful when needed. The job overall was very nice and pay was very acceptable.
No real future. At least they gave me notice
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gates, COJune 7, 2016
Was a fun place to work. Management changes every 5-6 years.
Work was consistently chaotic. Predictability was no there.
Decent work environment but with low morale.
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Iola, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Most people here are wonderful hard working individuals. I've enjoyed working with and training my co-workers. They all seem to genuinely care and are very helpful.
Management is not very willing to accommodate the needs of the employees and are not as family oriented as they claim to be. However they have given me a lot of opportunity to learn various skills including sending me to a 40 hour advanced problem solving training course.
The most difficult part of my job is knowing that there is little to no room for growth. I need a company that will allow me to flourish.
I have learned quite a bit working for Gates. Most of my computer skills weren't learned until I got the returns coordinator position. I can also run most of the machinery we have out on the floor.
A typical day for me is mostly working on our new project. I do enjoy making work easier for the operators out on the floor. I've worked the floor and I understand the difficulties that they deal with.
Pros
paid breaks, decent benefits, good learning experience
Cons
poor management skills, 75% turnover rate
Good Place To Work For
employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2016
Co-workers are great. Some people in H.R. are bitter about their job and not very helpful. Seems like there are too many in upper management.
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
see review
Enjoyed my job and those I worked with.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 18, 2013
Team meetings each morning to inform of problems that occurred previous to our shift. Routine day, splice cord walk line, check dips, look for coverage or any abnormalities on treated cord. Doff spools and package. End of shift inform oncoming shift of any problems that they may want to watch out for and what we did to fix it.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor communication and at times can be very dirty.
Save yourself
Extrusion Operator/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILFebruary 12, 2015
horrible environment. Not worth the pay to be in a cancer environment. several raw materials used cause cancer and they do not warn you. You work on your equipment for 12hrs a day and when something goes wrong you cant do what you need to do to fix it, for one you are union and you can be fired for performing maintenance on a piece of equipment. Second they listen to maintenance over you and maintenance attitude is we don't want to so its operator error, and you would think common scenes would tell some one that hey this person works here and knows his equipment, and has seen theses problems multiple times before but no lets listen to the guy who can sit on his behind if theirs nothing to do. Oh and they will walk you out for taking time off, when you have the proper documentation signed for leave.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
management, communication, leadership, competency, vision
fun
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Epping, NHDecember 11, 2015
great environment great team work. always enjoyable never dull. always entertaining loud. only summer job, and low pay
Learning different vehicles
Lube Tech (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 29, 2015
Busy days from start to finish. Have learned how to be professional with customers as well as management. Some co-workers are harder to work with than others but we all get along together. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat. I most enjoy all the different model vehicles I am exposed to on a daily basis.
Pros
Working on many different model vehicles
Cons
Working in the heat
It was a positive work environment and the most satisfying job I have had so far.
Regional Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 12, 2013
I was an Administrative Coordinator and so I had to help with entering the Sales Orders for the Sales Representatives when the phones became to heavy for them to enter them. I worked with the Warehouse in getting out rushed shipments or changes on the order, open of the office, and greet all visitors. What I learned is how to deal with all kinds of solicitors. As for management I felt that I was learning from the best and the same with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was when I had to work 7 days in a row. But the most enjoyable part of my job was the work environment.
Pros
the work enviroment
Cons
the very long hours and solicitors.

Want to know more about Gates?

Ask a question
The Company was not that good.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 27, 2015
The company was not that good. I did learned about Fair Housing Laws. I enjoyed helping the residents. Hardest part was dealing with some of the managers.
good pay poor management
Builder (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARSeptember 6, 2012
No advance in company. Not enough time at home
Long hours.good break times.I have advanced as far as I'm going to and feel as I'm at a dead end.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Productive and I have learned so much from this internship.
Technological and Invitation Internship (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 12, 2015
All around just a really great job. Everyday I was challenged with something new everyday. I am happy I was here fro 9 months.
Productive & safety first workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 18, 2013
Gates is a warehouse job. My job is to pick orders & send them off to the customers. I got trained on a trugger jack & im certified. The management there is great & the co-workers are also. The hardest part of the job is picking up heavy items. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting off work!
Great products
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 8, 2014
I had a large territory that requires a lot of development. I really enjoyed the challenge of making new relationships and learning about new industries and solving their problems.
Pros
very interesting applications and problems to solve.
Cons
the only problem was where i was required to live.
produtive great atmosphere
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMarch 21, 2013
Very positive enviroment, I learned new skills that will help me better my career.
Poor working Enviornment
Picker/ packer (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 15, 2014
There are quite a few discrepancies with this company. There is many problems with a drama filled work area. There are no ways to express your problems with this and if you do you will be laid off. There is good work flow but other than that not a very good working enviornment.
finisher (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJanuary 29, 2015
The people was good to get along with but the office was not very freindly
Best job ever
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 15, 2012
This company was the best one I ever worked for and I wish I would have moved with them.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
n/a
productive work place
picker (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMay 7, 2013
i picked orders on a cherry picker very friendly people always willing to help with anything
Pros
good hours