Gatestone Employee Reviews

Gatestone
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatestone PhoenixFebruary 22, 2017
Gatestone has provided an opportunity to expand and develop knowledge on emerging technologies that have entered the market place over the last 10 years, fro working with AS/400, TCN, SalesForce and LiveVox along with utilizing priority developed software to enhance our ability to drive up profits.
The one thing about Gatestone is that it is an ever evolving company that provides continued opportunities to challenge and develop my self on a daily basis.
Pros
Challange, Development, Opertunities
Cons
Can be long hours
Cool but there are problems
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2017
No advancement hardly, low pay and no organization. Schedules are all over the place and holidays you hardly have off unless you are on the collections side.
Pros
Met a lot of great friends there
Cons
Low pay and organization
DO NOT work for gatestone!
Collector I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2016
DO NOT work for this company!
From literally the first day I walked in, I knew the company was trash, but I really needed a job so I tried to stick it out. First of all, the training is done remotely from Canada, and it's horribly ineffective. My biggest reason for this review, though, is I am STILL waiting on a paycheck from 7/15. The payroll department is particularly unsympathetic, saying they would only cancel and reissue a new check IF I PAID THE $30 STOP CHECK FEE! As if it's my fault my check got lost in the mail. Yeah right. The whole company is beyond sleazy and untrustworthy. Also, you have to pay A LOT of money to park. It's at the Arizona center, so if you park there its $12/day, or you can buy an $80 monthly parking pass. For an $10-11/hr job. Let that sink in. I cannot stress enough how badly your time will be wasted working for the garbage company.
Pros
zero
Cons
won't get 40hr/week, won't get paid on time, expensive parking, horribly high attrition
Great Vibe
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  PHX, AZFebruary 16, 2017
I have worked for numerous Collection agencies and never worked for one with leadership that cares as much as this. The man said if you show up, show up on time and come in ready to work you will do well! Well I am doing those 3 things and moving up the chain of Command!
Pros
Great Break room!
Not stable and job may only last temporarily
Fraud Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2013
I started off loving my job, but as time continued I realized they constantly change procedures, schedules, and management, In the three months I have been here I have had three supervisors. Changed schedules three times and seen almost 2/3 coworkers either get fired or quit. I enjoy making calls and helping customers. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the updates. When we get an update you can guarantee that each supervisor will give you a different answer.
Pros
Full time, and Overtime availability
Cons
Not consistent
worst companies to work for ever!!!
collector agent (Former Employee) –  415 Younge Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2013
Only lasted at Gatestone for 1 month.First and formeost Management is HORRIBLE!!! Absolutely no respect for collectors (agent).Head manager on the floor has no understand of work ethics.No commision.Management needs to get a total re-haul
pay is not good at all.Pay system is every 15th and last day of the month.This is a place to make quick money and thats it.No career here at all..that word doesnt exist in those walls of thag company!
Pros
none- the one pro every friday of the month was a short day
Cons
No opportunity for advance,Poor Bonus,No comission and a lot of layoff
Sr Collector (Current Employee) –  415 Yonge StreetSeptember 25, 2013
Typical day at work, contacting consumers and companies regarding past due accounts, be able to provide solutions and help them to recover the debt
Very nice co-workers, very professional and dedicate people, I learn the art of listening and understand people in the most difficult time in their life’s facing financial hardship .I feel an accomplishment working there.
No opportunity of advance, they change the system, Poor Salary,Poor Bonus (only 100.00),No commission and a lot of layoff
They are willing to cut benefit, dental and vision as well as they cut the sick days.
Poor management
ads (Current Employee) –  phoenix azApril 15, 2014
Management changes rules. Told my class that cell phones aren't allowed in class and not two seconds after the vice-president stated that. The trainer checked her messages on her cell. Constant interruptions. Half of the computers do not work. Id's are not complete due disorganized managers. They there were problems and funniest thing was that I can not go by the nickname that I was given at birth but my legal name with no reason given.
Pros
good people and location
Cons
rude uneducated managers
Great Opportunity
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Loved my time at Gatestone. Management was great and pay for performance incentive was great for those that are committed to achieving goals.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Application process
gatestone
Account Protection/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2014
learned how to protect customers credit card accounts from fraud. management was very professional and helpful as well as the co workers. The hardest part about the job was telling a customer they where a victim of fraud.
Pros
comestions and prizes for top call agents
Cons
short breaks
Still a work in progress
Customer Service/Account Protection Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AzJuly 31, 2013
Work day includes, taking inbound calls, co-workers nice, management ever-changing, the hardest part is not secure, the most enjoyable part being able to assist customers.
boring no structure
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2015
needs improvement and better management the company standards have dropped I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone
Pros
people
Cons
parking
No integrity
nobody (Former Employee) –  nowhereMarch 17, 2014
Co workers were fabulous. Management is ok with throwing you under the bus to make themselves look better.
Pros
you learn how not to manage people
Cons
having to work with certain people
Lack of legal and proper management caused the company to close this office.
SENIOR COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNDecember 4, 2012
A typical day at work was to come in, boot up my computer, and start calling people with defaulted student loans to get them into payment programs.

I learned a few different systems, and was introduced to a few other companies as I was working for a subcontractor.
This office was unfortunately, run by people with no management skill whatsoever.
This is a commissioned position, and the managers and team leaders here thought it was appropriate to take business away from some people and give it to their friends, and openly harrass people who were not personal friends outside of the office. They had no concept of the illegality of dicrimination, harrassment or following company policy and procedures. This is a production driven environment, and one team leader specifically told me "if I want your accounts I will take them from you", thinking she was well within her rights and authority. There was constant divisiveness caused by the 'leaders' in this office. It was an ongoing battle to try to earn a living here due to the constant drama and lack of professionalism of the managers and team 'leaders' (and I'm using that term loosely).

Co-workers were enjoyable to work with for the most part.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with borrowers'.

Most enjoyable: when I am able to talk to someone and they realize I can actually help them out of a bad situation.
Pros
small office
Cons
lack of good management
High turn over rate
Fraud Protection (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
We answered incoming calls from customers who wanted to dispute charges on their credit cards, or who lost their cards, or with questions about the products. I learned how to spot fradulent claims and fraud activities and a lot about the banking system. The work environment was very diverse and I loved that.
Pros
Lots of over time if you want it
Cons
Not very well organized HR Department and not very great managers
Poor management
senior collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2014
Broke their word, poor management, company had too many broken rules.
N/a
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2014
ok place to work. Nice co-workers. Working with customers on protecting their accounts has improved my awareness of how fraud may happen