Gatestone

Gatestone Employer Reviews

POOR MANAGEMENT
senior collector (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2014
BROKE THEIR WORD, POOR MANAGEMENT, COMPANY HAD TOO MANY BROKEN RULES.
gatestone
Account Protection/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: comestions and prizes for top call agents
Cons: short breaks
learned how to protect customers credit card accounts from fraud. management was very professional and helpful as well as the co workers. The hardest part about the job was telling a customer they where a victim of fraud.
N/A
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2014
ok place to work. Nice co-workers. Working with customers on protecting their accounts has improved my awareness of how fraud may happen
Poor management
ads (Current Employee), phoenix azApril 15, 2014
Pros: good people and location
Cons: rude uneducated managers
Management changes rules. Told my class that cell phones aren't allowed in class and not two seconds after the vice-president stated that. The trainer checked her messages on her cell. Constant interruptions. Half of the computers do not work. Id's are not complete due disorganized managers. They there were problems and funniest thing was that I can not go by the nickname that I was given at birth but my legal name with no reason given.
No integrity
nobody (Former Employee), nowhereMarch 17, 2014
Pros: you learn how not to manage people
Cons: having to work with certain people
Co workers were fabulous. Management is ok with throwing you under the bus to make themselves look better.
worst companies to work for ever!!!
collector agent (Former Employee), 415 Younge Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2013
Pros: none- the one pro every friday of the month was a short day
Only lasted at Gatestone for 1 month.First and formeost Management is HORRIBLE!!! Absolutely no respect for collectors (agent).Head manager on the floor has no understand of work ethics.No commision.Management needs to get a total re-haul
pay is not good at all.Pay system is every 15th and last day of the month.This is a place to make quick money and thats it.No career here at all..that word doesnt exist in those walls of thag company!
No opportunity for advance,Poor Bonus,No comission and a lot of layoff
Sr Collector (Current Employee), 415 Yonge StreetSeptember 25, 2013
Typical day at work, contacting consumers and companies regarding past due accounts, be able to provide solutions and help them to recover the debt
Very nice co-workers, very professional and dedicate people, I learn the art of listening and understand people in the most difficult time in their life’s facing financial hardship .I feel an accomplishment working there.
No opportunity of advance, they change the system, Poor Salary,Poor Bonus (only 100.00),No commission and a lot of layoff
They are willing to cut benefit, dental and vision as well as they cut the sick days.
Not stable and job may only last temporarily
Fraud Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2013
Pros: full time, and overtime availability
Cons: not consistent
I started off loving my job, but as time continued I realized they constantly change procedures, schedules, and management, In the three months I have been here I have had three supervisors. Changed schedules three times and seen almost 2/3 coworkers either get fired or quit. I enjoy making calls and helping customers. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the updates. When we get an update you can guarantee that each supervisor will give you a different answer.
Still a work in progress
Customer Service/Account Protection Services (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzJuly 31, 2013
Work day includes, taking inbound calls, co-workers nice, management ever-changing, the hardest part is not secure, the most enjoyable part being able to assist customers.
Lack of legal and proper management caused the company to close this office.
SENIOR COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNDecember 4, 2012
Pros: small office
Cons: lack of good management
A typical day at work was to come in, boot up my computer, and start calling people with defaulted student loans to get them into payment programs.

I learned a few different systems, and was introduced to a few other companies as I was working for a subcontractor.
This office was unfortunately, run by people with no management skill whatsoever.
This is a commissioned position, and the managers and team leaders here thought it was appropriate to take business away from some people and give it to their friends, and openly harrass people who were not personal friends outside of the office. They had no concept of the illegality of dicrimination, harrassment or following company policy and procedures. This is a production driven environment, and one team leader specifically told me "if I want your accounts I will take them from you", thinking she was well within her rights and authority. There was constant divisiveness caused by the 'leaders' in this office. It was an ongoing battle to try to earn a living here due to the constant drama and lack of professionalism of the managers and team 'leaders' (and I'm using that term loosely).

Co-workers were enjoyable to work with for the most part.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with borrowers'.

Most enjoyable: when I am able to talk to someone and they realize I can actually help them out of a bad situation.