Gatestone Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
It is a small office, you get to know your coworkers and supervisors well, which is great. You get out of the job what you put into it- the harder you work the more money you get in bonuses.
Can be a little stressful, management pushes you to meet goals but this is pretty standard for any job. If you work hard and do well there is nothing to worry about. Punctuality is a big deal here, but if you're on time you will have no problems. The hardest part of the job is talking to the customers and identifying fraud but once you have some practice it's much easier.
Overall great place to work! They do fun events for all the major holidays, and everyone is friendly!
Pros
Friendly employees, good bonuses, good pay.
Cons
Parking
Outstanding Place to work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
Awesome place to work along with great moral. Lets you do your job and perform at your best. Incentives are awesome as well, always puts extra incentives to assist in performing.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Na
Stressful
Customer service representative/collection agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2017
This job not all what it seems to be.Everyday stressed from leaving the facility but arrived eager to learn.The production not put together properly to exceed to the next step.
Pros
Bonus if you made a collection
Cons
Hours, management, production
n/a
Customer Service Collections (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2017
n/a, was not a good place to work. It was a high place work environment. Not very organized nor professional at all. expected to much of employers and did not pay enough.
A very fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
Host: I greeted customers with a smile, and then take them to there tables and seat them.
Security: I checked all ids and checked bags.
Bar-Back: Filled juice and soda and beer if needed. Ran and got ice for bartenders. Clean the tables and bathrooms.
Waitress: got drinks for customers, brought them there food if they ordered it..
Pros
Free food Free drinks
Cons
Breaks are up to you.
This company is bad to work management are the most evil!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2017
I worked for this company and I wanted to let shed some light on the kind of fake people that work there. Managers, starting from hr all the way up are trash. They are only there for themselves they fake they want to help or care about you doing well. The hours and portfolio arent bad its the vibe that the management creates that an environment where employees arent motivated to work for them. Everyones needs a job, and that what it is a simple dead end job where you have to kiss up to the higher ups to get anywhere. Cut throat environment, i encourage anyone to find out what im talking about, people know the thruth when they hear it!
Pros
none really
Cons
managers are all fake
Not a great place o work at, at all
Fraud Protection Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2017
High volume third party call center. Lost their contract with American Express. Management not great. No room for improvement. Not laid back or fun what so ever.
Gatestone
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatestone PhoenixFebruary 22, 2017
Gatestone has provided an opportunity to expand and develop knowledge on emerging technologies that have entered the market place over the last 10 years, fro working with AS/400, TCN, SalesForce and LiveVox along with utilizing priority developed software to enhance our ability to drive up profits.
The one thing about Gatestone is that it is an ever evolving company that provides continued opportunities to challenge and develop my self on a daily basis.
Pros
Challange, Development, Opertunities
Cons
Can be long hours
Great Vibe
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  PHX, AZFebruary 16, 2017
I have worked for numerous Collection agencies and never worked for one with leadership that cares as much as this. The man said if you show up, show up on time and come in ready to work you will do well! Well I am doing those 3 things and moving up the chain of Command!
Pros
Great Break room!
Cool but there are problems
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2017
No advancement hardly, low pay and no organization. Schedules are all over the place and holidays you hardly have off unless you are on the collections side.
Pros
Met a lot of great friends there
Cons
Low pay and organization
DO NOT work for gatestone!
Collector I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2016
DO NOT work for this company!
From literally the first day I walked in, I knew the company was trash, but I really needed a job so I tried to stick it out. First of all, the training is done remotely from Canada, and it's horribly ineffective. My biggest reason for this review, though, is I am STILL waiting on a paycheck from 7/15. The payroll department is particularly unsympathetic, saying they would only cancel and reissue a new check IF I PAID THE $30 STOP CHECK FEE! As if it's my fault my check got lost in the mail. Yeah right. The whole company is beyond sleazy and untrustworthy. Also, you have to pay A LOT of money to park. It's at the Arizona center, so if you park there its $12/day, or you can buy an $80 monthly parking pass. For an $10-11/hr job. Let that sink in. I cannot stress enough how badly your time will be wasted working for the garbage company.
Pros
zero
Cons
won't get 40hr/week, won't get paid on time, expensive parking, horribly high attrition
High turn over rate
Fraud Protection (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
We answered incoming calls from customers who wanted to dispute charges on their credit cards, or who lost their cards, or with questions about the products. I learned how to spot fradulent claims and fraud activities and a lot about the banking system. The work environment was very diverse and I loved that.
Pros
Lots of over time if you want it
Cons
Not very well organized HR Department and not very great managers
boring no structure
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2015
needs improvement and better management the company standards have dropped I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone
Pros
people
Cons
parking
Great Opportunity
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Loved my time at Gatestone. Management was great and pay for performance incentive was great for those that are committed to achieving goals.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Application process
Poor management
senior collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2014
Broke their word, poor management, company had too many broken rules.
gatestone
Account Protection/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2014
learned how to protect customers credit card accounts from fraud. management was very professional and helpful as well as the co workers. The hardest part about the job was telling a customer they where a victim of fraud.
Pros
comestions and prizes for top call agents
Cons
short breaks
N/a
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2014
ok place to work. Nice co-workers. Working with customers on protecting their accounts has improved my awareness of how fraud may happen
Poor management
ads (Current Employee) –  phoenix azApril 15, 2014
Management changes rules. Told my class that cell phones aren't allowed in class and not two seconds after the vice-president stated that. The trainer checked her messages on her cell. Constant interruptions. Half of the computers do not work. Id's are not complete due disorganized managers. They there were problems and funniest thing was that I can not go by the nickname that I was given at birth but my legal name with no reason given.
Pros
good people and location
Cons
rude uneducated managers
No integrity
nobody (Former Employee) –  nowhereMarch 17, 2014
Co workers were fabulous. Management is ok with throwing you under the bus to make themselves look better.
Pros
you learn how not to manage people
Cons
having to work with certain people
worst companies to work for ever!!!
collector agent (Former Employee) –  415 Younge Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2013
Only lasted at Gatestone for 1 month.First and formeost Management is HORRIBLE!!! Absolutely no respect for collectors (agent).Head manager on the floor has no understand of work ethics.No commision.Management needs to get a total re-haul
pay is not good at all.Pay system is every 15th and last day of the month.This is a place to make quick money and thats it.No career here at all..that word doesnt exist in those walls of thag company!
Pros
none- the one pro every friday of the month was a short day