Gateway Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Alright
Tri-clerk (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 3, 2015
Learned how to work with high volume of calls and people. Downfall of this company is that there is no management. Clerk do way too much and handle a lot for what they are being paid.
Cons
underpaid, no raises

Comment – August 24, 2015

YES , I AGREE . Clerks do way to much for what they get paid. As for management , what management? there is no one person you can count on to help you.

Dental Assistant
Certified Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 1, 2015
I worked for Gateway for over 9 years. The hardest part of working there was trying to work with 20 difference women and try and keep everybody happy.
First community health center I've worked for.
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyner, North CarolinaMay 3, 2015
Community health center in a rual area of North Carolina. Lots of patient that need a helping hand while things are ruff. Great medication program for the patients. I felt I was giving back the patient, because someone reached out to me when things were very ruff.
Pros
help a lot to patient with no income
Cons
not enought medication to go around.
Rewarding job
health promoter, registration clerk (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 20, 2015
I started as a health promoter and transferred to registration clerk. I provided classes on diabetes and kept up with patients medical records. I also registered patients and determined sliding scale. Full training was not always provided by management but there was no lack of friendly employees willing to lend a hand. The hardest part was trying to help a patient feel better but seeing no improvement. The best part was when patients gained controlled of their illness and medication was no longer needed.
So-so
Tri-clerk (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work could be hectic and chaotic and there are times where it's calm and able to get your work done, management is decent but needs communication. not begin able to get all of your work done on time, the interaction with the patients .
Pros
at this time overtime
Cons
benefits and pay
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 16, 2013
Its busy in the morning but not overwhelming. the people are great and its located in a decent part of town.
Good place to learn
Employee (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 28, 2013
Able to learn a lot. Challenging enviornment, lots of work, and constantly working with new employees.
Cons
lots of changes
The organization is essential for the community but poor management.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  AdministrationMarch 8, 2013
My experience with the organization was rewarding especially in what I was doing but financially not doing well due management decisions. A very inexperience management team.
Pros
rewarding to help people in need.
Cons
no direction and care for its employees.
Gateway Community Health Center is a wonderful place to work. People are very helpful. However, in my current position, the work is repetitive.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 13, 2013
A typical day at work includes:
Performing all administrative duties, which include resolving administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data and identifying solutions
• Analysis of programs, such as diabetes program success
• Analysis of Registration clerks, resulting in training to improve data entry
• Assisting Registration Department by interviewing patients to determine their discount percentage
• Translate forms in both English and Spanish
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
the work is repetitive.
I was able to learn so many things working here
IT Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  1515 Pappas Street, Laredo, TXJanuary 8, 2013
Every day I learned something new and applied that knowledge later on. It was a great experience being an IT Tech. I had lots of fun working with my team, setting up an entire network, programming, troubleshooting, and maintaining all computers within the building.
Pros
great experience, gained knowledge for future usage
Cons
it was a temporary job
no team work and department supervisors are of no help.
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  laredo, txSeptember 17, 2012
supervisors and management are always in "meetings" to make it a better clinic....never there to solve problems. no place for advancement. keep in mind that the starting pay will be your permanent pay for the rest of your working time there.
Loved the interaction with patients
Health promoter (Current Employee) –  LaredoMay 7, 2012
The management is just horrible they dnt care about the patients or employees all they care about is money they discriminate for various reasons
Pros
helps the community
Cons
management has no idea how to manage

2.6