Gateway Community Services Employee Reviews

I do not want to do reviews on comapnies...omg
Substance Abuse Tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32211March 28, 2017
same as I stated with the last company. typical day of work. no security from clients, no job security, management very belittling. I don't want to do.
Management in it for the money and not the clients or the staff.
Previous Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMarch 15, 2017
Gateway has been under new management for the past year and he knows nothing about addictions. Management is in business for money and not for the clients or staff members. Staff works hours on end and not permitted overtime.
Cons
Overworked
Not a great place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2017
They do not pay very well. The benefits are over priced. The only thing I like is the 12 hour shifts. The clients are very difficult to deal with and management doesn't support their nurses.
Wonderful organization to work in
Executive Administrative Assistant/Liaison (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2017
This previous employer leaves only positive thoughts and experiences. The only reason for leaving this employer was the ongoing need for lay-offs due to grants ending and community support dwindling.
extern site
Medical Office Manager (Extern) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2016
check patients in daily for a short period of time. filed patient charts, organized office. prepared lunch area at times. Organized meetings with counselor .
productive workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2016
I enjoyed the opportunity working for such a great company. I would recommend this company to anyone. Hours are great and clients are great.
Case Manger/Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FlAugust 14, 2015
I come in everyday with a great attitude because I get to help someone that needs my assistance and I enjoy working with my co workers.
An awesome place to work within the community
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 5, 2015
I learned additional resources for clients.
Management was very energetic and excited to work within the community
Co-workers were fun, caring, and compassionate
The hardest part of the job would be the youth who are having troubles with their families
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the youth in need.
Positive, encouraging and carer enhancing
Supervisor/Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2015
GCS was a very positive work environment. The administration cares about their work force and it shows. If accepted I would return and in the correct position could retire. GCS gave me an opportunity in my career and unfortunately I had to depart due to contractual completion.
Experience in Counseling
Practicum-Internship A-Internship B (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaNovember 18, 2014
Gateway was a good place to do an Internship for counseling and recognizing disorders associated with addiction. As an intern it was an enjoyable experience of working with individuals with addictions. The hardest part was when a client relapse, they had to start from the beginning. Clients will have ups and downs but the clients appreciate the help from the counselors and appreciate the empowerment the counselors bring into their lives. A very humbling experience.
Pros
Volunteer Internships are great
Cons

Want to know more about Gateway Community Services?

Ask a question
I enjoy helping others.
Adolescent Detox (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Gateway. It gave me a new out look on life. A typical day I would come in teach group for life skills, type notes, file notes, visit clients, and answer phones.The hardest part of my day was Boundries with the clients having to be stern. What I loved most with working with these women and children was when they understood that they have a problem but with the right attention it could be managable.
fun job
Behavior Modification Technician (BMT) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2014
love my co workers. walk around and secure the hospital check rooms and patrol the parking lot
Nice Place to start out for experience in the medical field
Medical Support Staff (MSS) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2014
A typical day at work could be a good day and or it could be a bad day. I have learned how to work with children with behavorial problems, substance and drug abuse withdrawal, alcohol and mentally challenge clients. Management and my co-workers are ok. the hardest part of my job is seeing so many adolescents come and go through our doors (which is a secured facility). the most enjoyable part of my job is working and educating my clients on HIV/AIDS.
Pros
A good place to stabilize the adolescents coming in and out
Cons
Not seeing these clients that are repeaters
Rewarding and challenging job, enjoyable work atmosphere
HUD Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2014
The usual day at work is 9a-6p and always a steady flow of people needing assistance. It is a campus of about 100 people recovering for substance use and focusing on returning to living independently. I have learned the importance of time management and the function of being a team player in relation to management and coworkers. The environment of the work place functions a lot smoother when focused on being a team. Nonetheless, have learned how to sharpen the problem solving skills when assisting others through early recovery. Our team, is focused on helping others, being a client advocate, and assisting with connecting our residents with the appropriate services/needs. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the attitudes of some of our residents. The most enjoyable part of our job is watching the previous residents return to help others recover and let the staff know how well their life is going (or if struggling how they are getting through the struggles successfully).
Pros
able to help others, good health benefits and leave time
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Fulfilling work.
Addiction Professional//Court Liaison (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2013
Fulfilling work.Great management.Most enjoyable part of job is helping our consumers.
Pros
People oriented
Cons
Needs more financial support
Outgoing and Traveling
Community Worker (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIOctober 17, 2013
The main purpose of my job was to inform the public of the unknown teen and adult homelessness. I also filled out paperwork and watched some of the teens in the home. It was an awesome job that ranged from teaching the kids how to get a job to setting up an event and speaking to 300 people.
Pros
Awesome employess
Cons
No room for advancement
Detox Nursing.
Detox Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2013
Typical day was 12 hour shift. Approximately 7-10 admissions per night. I learned a large amount about addiction and the behaviors that follow an addiction. I worked with a great staff of vary knowledgeable nurses and doctors. Hardest part of being a detox nurse was learning how to read and communicate with a person who is showing signs of addiction or addict behavior. Most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in our clients lives.
Pros
making an impact
Cons
rarely ever get a break, non-stop. Low security.
Positive, caring, professional atmosphere for helping others within a counseling team environment.
Adolescent Outpatient Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2013
I had the pleasure of working for Gateway Community Services in the early 1990's, until I had my first child. I found the Adolescent Outpatient Department to be a warm, fun, and creative place to be part of a professional and caring counseling team. My immediate supervisor, Frances Broadhurst, afforded team members the opportunity to work in a variety of facilities and situations, which allowed me to learn several different positions and familiarize myself with various therapeudic options. My responsibilities included individual and group therapy sessions, educational intervention groups, play and art therapy, preparing treatment plans and other legal documentation.
Pros
Health and dental benefits, caring and professional atmosphere, insightful staff meetings with encouraging management, and plenty of rewarding challenges.
Cons
Some legal issues did prevent us from being able to have more influence in the lives of some clients, but we did our best in affecting positive change in their lives.
It is a clean and healthy environment for employees and patients.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2013
Every employee is nice and shows respect to everyone. My co-workers try to help each other in every way. The hardest part about my job is seeing clients leave our treatment center for drugs.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits for part time workers
Community Service hours
Community Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2013
It was community service, did not receive comepensation. While being there i did learn the workplace and was able to help around the kitchen and learn to use different machinery.
Pros
rehabilitation
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gateway Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7