Gateway Health Plan Employee Reviews

Company does not know what it is doing
Credentialing Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 6, 2016
Policies are constantly changing due to trial and error. This company has been around for about 20 years an they are still trying to figure out what best works for their operating systems. Communication is non existent. Mangers do not answer emails. You have to ask them directly face to face. No supporting documentation to back up the instructions that are given to you. Very disorganized. Stressful, Constantly overwhelming you with work because no one keeps track of projects that have been assigned to you. Not a good place to work unless you like to be told that the way you were trained was incorrect.
Pros
High Pay for Temp Postition
Cons
Disorganized, No Communication, Treated like yesterdays trash
Fast paced customer service center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 28, 2015
I answered inbound calls from members and providers of Medicaid and Medicare recipients. The calls received ranged form five different lines of business. I collaborated with my coworkers to troubleshoot issues when management wasn't available. The hardest part of my job was the mandatory overtime. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was the satisfaction of helping others.
Pros
The downtown location
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2016
Typical Day usually consist of backup and mostly user management, checking the alert log and monitoring the FRA for any changes and such.
Productive work place
Associate producer coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 7, 2016
Great work place, I learned a lot of Healthcare information as well as licensing for agents and the steps required to sale for agents
Employer overview
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2016
Daily task consist of answering emails enrolling Gateway Medicare members into health care pending qualifications from Medicare and Medicaid. Review all transactions before sent to Medicare. Communicate with physicians,agents and members Via, Fax, telephone and mail. Working in a high populated company you need to be able to work in a team environment but also be able to work as an individual. Each of my co-workers are responsible for an important job function.
Great Company to work for
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2015
Gateway is a great company to work for. It has a good training program with opportunity for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with Gateway members and helping them resolve their problems. It is especially nice when the members express their gratitude for my help and compassion. The hardest part of my job is being unable to help someone with grave health concerns for which I am unable to provide a solution.
Pros
opportunity for advancement; telecommuting
Cons
not much variation in work day
Productive place that does not bring stress
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2015
I come in Monday through Friday and answer calls and i have successfully learned how to be a team player and how to effectively and efficiently help others. The management are very nice and make it very easy for me to do my job. My co-workers are all very focused on making the member experience the best experience and are very kind and a pleasure to be around. The challenges of the job are meeting the call volume and the needs of the members but it is also the most enjoyable part because at the end of the day the call volume is down and members are satisfied.
Pros
Great healthcare, Vacation, Co-workers, Location
Cons
Small company with only one client
Sr. Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 13, 2015
Excellent benefits, but the company only had one client. When the client had to lay off consultants, the company suffered.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Only one client
To many changes
Pharmcy Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PaJune 23, 2015
Was a great place to work until the CEO and VP decided to change everything. With so many changes you never can get a clear answer from your boss or HR
Productive & Stable Company To Work For
Bilingual Provider Service & Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2013
A Typical Day At Gateway Health Plan Is Busy. I Receive Around 60 Customer and Providers Calls Per Day. I Do Interpreter & Translate In Spanish And English For The Customers And Providers and Internally For Different Departments.
I Learned Patient.
I Am A Telecommuter, I Wok By Myself.
The Hardest Part Of My Job Are The Customers.
The Most Enjoyable Part Of My Job Is Helping Customers In Need.
Pros
job stability, good salary & amazing boss and supervisors
No day is ever the same
Provider Relations Rep (Current Employee) –  Work from HomeAugust 31, 2015
Much of my time is spent on the road working with the provider community educating, training and solving issues and concerns.
It's a nce place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 14, 2015
Answering customer questions by phone. I've gained a better understanding of the subscribers point-of-view. My supervisor is fair; my co-workers are friendly; the hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers. Satisfying a customer's needs is rewarding.
Fun place
Outreach Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2012
Its a wonderful work environment with advancement. I enjoyed working for this company.
Fun work place
Senior Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2013
This company has good employees with a good management team.
Average
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2014
Gateway Health is currenlty going through a hiring phase, and the company is growing.
Great company to work for everyone is great@
Associate Credentialing Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 30, 2014
My typical day at work is very busy, and due to recent changes that my company is going through my current duties are very boring. But I do enjoy working with a great bunch of people.
Decent place to work for a large company
Appeals/Grievance Coordinator (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 27, 2012
Worked as a temp and had little training for difficult job on an account that was set to expire.
Pros
casual environment
Cons
little interaction with others
Profectional
Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 3, 2014
On the Phone 9 Hours in putting data for doctors and nurses healthcare providers
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
healthcare
Great company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant, Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  PAJune 12, 2012
Everyday is a new day. The company is transitioning to other counties, so work is abundant.
Great Place To Work
Delegation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2013
My overall experience has been nothing short of stellar at Gateway Health Plan.

Gateway Health Plan Reviews by Location