Gateway Health Plan Employee Reviews

Gateway is the worst company I have ever worked for
Team manager, Gateway Health Plan (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
Just stay clear of this company. Culture is toxic. Management is horrendous. Pay is barely enough. It is not worth ever working here. Both IT and the business have tremendously incompetent managers.
They compensate well
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2017
Their work life balance is terrible. Many working people have other obligations and responsibilities and they make it hard for you to balance. However, they have good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
work life balance
good place to work but long hours in traffic
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2017
Good company to work for, good benefits, good people however the commute was exhausting and long...I lived an hour away from the company which didn't help .
Pros
good places to eat during lunch
Cons
too long of the commute
Do not work for this company!!!!
Practicing Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 30, 2017
I work for the section of Highmark Health Options in Delaware. The management of this company stinks! There is limited communication between upper management to other employees. They claim they are open to new ideas, they are only open to new ideas from their favorite employees. There is no room for advancement unless you are a favorite employee. This is an extremely fasted paced and forever changing workplace. What is ok to do one day is not ok to do the next day, changes without notice. No back up/support from supervisors. There is no room autonomy, very micromanaged!
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Everything else!
Large company that cared about diversity
Human Resources Assistant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2017
Large company that cared about its employees and diversity. But favoritism could be used in regards to promotions, increases, etc. The company stayed on top of growing trends and implemented those changes.
Productive work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2017
My typical day is assisting upper management with reviewing documents, scheduling meetings, answering phones, overseeing meetings and receiving and passing out mail.
Fast pace , learn quick
PROVIDER INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work is like any other job revolving around data entry. You come in and work the spreadsheet assigned to you. Laid back atmosphere but production intense. The co-workers are friendly, chit chat is a minimum in order to keep both the production and quality levels up.
Pros
Health plan industry will be around a long time
Cons
Training was not the greatest, too indecisive
telecommuting opportunity is nice
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2016
Benefits and compensation were good. Out dated systems to work with and lack of training to new employees. coworkers are a great support system since you work at home. You really needed to depend on the coworkers within your area to be able to assist when needed because management was not available.
Fast-paced, evolving environment
Claims Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 4, 2016
Fast-paced, evolving environment has challenged me every day. I have learned to manage my time, organize the work and prioritize the tasks to ensure all goals are met. I enjoy the challenges but it also the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Benefits, Opportunities
Productive work place
Associate producer coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 7, 2016
Great work place, I learned a lot of Healthcare information as well as licensing for agents and the steps required to sale for agents
good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2016
outbound calls
inbound calls
Medicare enrollment questions
Medicaid questions
Enrollment processes
Speaking with the elderly
Co-workers are a great support for the most part
Company does not know what it is doing
Credentialing Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 6, 2016
Policies are constantly changing due to trial and error. This company has been around for about 20 years an they are still trying to figure out what best works for their operating systems. Communication is non existent. Mangers do not answer emails. You have to ask them directly face to face. No supporting documentation to back up the instructions that are given to you. Very disorganized. Stressful, Constantly overwhelming you with work because no one keeps track of projects that have been assigned to you. Not a good place to work unless you like to be told that the way you were trained was incorrect.
Pros
High Pay for Temp Postition
Cons
Disorganized, No Communication, Treated like yesterdays trash
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2016
Typical Day usually consist of backup and mostly user management, checking the alert log and monitoring the FRA for any changes and such.
Employer overview
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2016
Daily task consist of answering emails enrolling Gateway Medicare members into health care pending qualifications from Medicare and Medicaid. Review all transactions before sent to Medicare. Communicate with physicians,agents and members Via, Fax, telephone and mail. Working in a high populated company you need to be able to work in a team environment but also be able to work as an individual. Each of my co-workers are responsible for an important job function.
Fast paced customer service center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 28, 2015
I answered inbound calls from members and providers of Medicaid and Medicare recipients. The calls received ranged form five different lines of business. I collaborated with my coworkers to troubleshoot issues when management wasn't available. The hardest part of my job was the mandatory overtime. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was the satisfaction of helping others.
Pros
The downtown location
Cons
Mandatory overtime
No day is ever the same
Provider Relations Rep (Current Employee) –  Work from HomeAugust 31, 2015
Much of my time is spent on the road working with the provider community educating, training and solving issues and concerns.
Great Company to work for
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2015
Gateway is a great company to work for. It has a good training program with opportunity for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with Gateway members and helping them resolve their problems. It is especially nice when the members express their gratitude for my help and compassion. The hardest part of my job is being unable to help someone with grave health concerns for which I am unable to provide a solution.
Pros
opportunity for advancement; telecommuting
Cons
not much variation in work day
It's a nce place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 14, 2015
Answering customer questions by phone. I've gained a better understanding of the subscribers point-of-view. My supervisor is fair; my co-workers are friendly; the hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers. Satisfying a customer's needs is rewarding.
To many changes
Pharmcy Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PaJune 23, 2015
Was a great place to work until the CEO and VP decided to change everything. With so many changes you never can get a clear answer from your boss or HR
Small company with only one client
Sr. Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 13, 2015
Excellent benefits, but the company only had one client. When the client had to lay off consultants, the company suffered.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Only one client