GATEWAY MEDICAL CENTER

GATEWAY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

HARD WORKING STAFF
CNA / UNIT CLERK (Current Employee), CLARKSVILLE, TNApril 2, 2015
Pros: CLOSE TO HOME
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
CLOSE TO HOME, CAN BE A FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT, HARD WORKERS, NOT ENOUGH STAFF, PLENTY OF OVERTIME, PATIENT RATIO ON CERTAIN FLOORS CAN BE A BIT OVERWELMING AT TIMES
A learning experience
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 12, 2015
Cons: being short staffed on night shift on a regular basis, dealing with the cliques between coworkers.
Overall it was great! A learning experience to say the least. I would say the hardest part of the job was being short staffed on a regular basis on nights. It gets hard to juggle all that extra work and not feel guilty if the less ill patients are left out.
Great staff, overworked but highly motivated
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 3, 2015
This is one of the busiest Emergency Departments in Middle Tennessee. The nurses are intelligent, highly skilled, and work well together. The management is horrible. These people do not seem to know how to run a hospital. The hospital runs at half capacity, completely unacceptable for the population it serves. This is due to the management's complete inability to attract and retain nursing staff.
Productive yet fast paced work environment
OPERATING ROOM CHARGE CLERK (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNDecember 30, 2014
Pros: consistent hours, call duty when needed, $$
Cons: death
A typical day at work in the Operating Room consisted of transporting patients to and from surgery, relaying messages to physicians, entering all charges accrued into a data system, scheduling all surgical procedures, occasionally holding retractor in the operating room with occasional call duty. I learned a lot at this job. I learned the different procedures, the different instruments, how to enter charges for the hospital, and learned to better communicate with physicians and staff. Management was awesome .. always there when needed. Co-workers were also just as awesome, everyone working together at a common goal. The hardest part of the job, for me, was watching people in very bad situations .. sometimes death. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was making a difference in someone's life.
always enjoying doing what i do best
Labor and Delivery staff RN (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: working doing what i loved
Cons: no managerial support
I felt we were understaffed, overworked, i could not care for my father this job was at least 30 miles away from my home. I felt a prejudice vibe and had constant people make remarks about my hair; etc. Then I felt singled out by one physician for continually writing me up for unsafe practices. and to add insult to injury, my boss claimed that I had said horrid things I will never speak of to my patients. And that did make me cry and I just quit on the spot because I felt they wanted..
New thing I learned
Financial counselor/ Registrar (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 27, 2014
I was blessed and was dedicated to my work. I learn new thing and was given project to do. I really enjoyed working there.
Gateway doesn't care about their employees
CNA (Former Employee), Clarksville, TnOctober 6, 2014
Pros: you get experience if your new in nursing.
Cons: sometimes no breaks, my nurse manager told me one day i complained that they were not mandatory.
I worked there for 7 yrs. The more work they can throw at you the better for them. They tell you 6 pts per nurse. That's just to get you in there. I have witnessed 8 pts and 9th one was on the way right before shift change. The pay is horrible for all the stress you have to deal with. My coworkers were Great. I love what I do, I just don't want to be over whelmed everyday I worked.
Meh
General lab, Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 26, 2014
The hospital is ok, great people to work with you just have to put up with a lot of politics.
Great experience with very knowledgeable coworkers
Precepting Nursing Student (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: not enough time in a day to spend with each patient
I enjoyed having clinical at Gateway. The staff and doctors are very easy to approach and very knowledgeable of their work. I learned a ton of things that I could not learn from a book. Time management and patient advocacy are two things that I took away from having clinical at Gateway. The hardest part of the job/ clinical was having to leave. The most enjoyable part to me was spending time with my patient and getting to know them on a personal level.
Great and caring staffs
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 27, 2014
Pros: the environment very inviting
Cons: salary less attractive
Provide excellent nursing care to patients and their families, love the environment that provides team workers.
Productive Workplace with Great Coworkers
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: stressful, very busy
The Laboratory was a great place to work. Training was excellent but unless you graduated as a MedTech there was really no advancement. Always very busy or very slow, depended on how many patient's were at the hospital. Respect and helpfullness from coworkers and management.
Laboratory Management strived to work with you on scheduling. As a group, the lab was like a family.
its a very busy place but a lot of great people
Division Clerk (Former Employee), clarksville tnJune 18, 2014
Pros: 12 hr shifts
Cons: good benefits
I enjoyed working there with all of the nurses and doctors its a real good place to work it was a very fast pace position
Fast paced and organized work place
"Front & Back Office Medical Assistant Floater" (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 13, 2014
A typical day at work for me was to open the clinic, double check all scheduled patients charts to be ready for use. Time management was vital for me, due to such a heavy workload throughout the day. Being a front and back office floater I felt the need to alway help and keep the patient flow going. Although, I wasn't very with management due to the lack of professionalism with it's workers, but altogether it was enjoyable.
A perrty good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJune 9, 2014
Pros: some free lunches
Cons: benifits breaks
Its was an all right place to work but they on cared about making money the employees were good to work with management was very self centered no helping employees out .working out side
A fun play to work with helping Patients and work with my employees
Security Officer (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 27, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: 30 minutes breaks
•Protect life and property of facility patients, visitors and staff
•Patrol hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, thefts and vandalism
•Secure, unlock and protect hospital buildings
•Provide immediate intervention and safety to all individuals on the property Or controlled by the facility
Hard worker
Internship in the Marketing Department (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 10, 2014
 Being intrinsically motivated
 Efficient in fast paced environments where multitasking and attention to detail is a necessity
 Willing to accept constructive criticism
 Approachable, pleasant to work with and outgoing
n/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Clinical: Urinalysis, Specimen collection, Autoclave, Weight Measure, Sterile Scrub and hand washing, Injections, vital signs, Eye Examinations, Blood pressure, Pulse Pressure, Phlebotomy and Blood Draws.

Administrative: Medical Terminology, Scheduling, CPT coding, PDR, Triage, Bookkeeping, Medical Record, Microsoft Word
Great!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: scheduling, unit
Cons: short breaks
It was a great learning experience. I worked on the Family and Pediatric and Family Birth Unit, the employees were very helpful in my learning experience and I was able to use what I have learned and use it in everyday life.
Unprofessional, unsafe practices
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNNovember 22, 2013
Cons: short, if any, lunch breaks.
The average turnover rate on the oncology unit is about 4 months. The administration does not care about patient safety. It is all about numbers and money. This is a for profit hospital. The nurse-staffing ratio is determined by a matrix, but the matrix only works when it is convenient for administration. Patients are not triaged and assigned to units based on available beds. Patients are kept in the Emergency Department for days instead of being diverted to another hospital. Employees are not fired for sleeping on the job. House keeping can flip a room in under five minutes. Administration does not care about your concerns because they feel that you can be easily replaced. This is by far the most unprofessional hospital that I have ever worked at. I should have known that it would be this way when all of the nurses were talking about potential job interviews when I was on orientation.
Unit Secretary/Nurses Aid (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 4, 2013
Busy days always, hard and an on going of needs, but at the end of the day it paid off, because you were able to make some ones day batter.