GATEWAY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Bad Place to Work
Patient Access ER-Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 24, 2017
This place is unorganized, and it's all in who you know as to weather or not you have the opportunity for advancement. If you want to work everyday all day this would be the place for you. There were several weeks that I worked 60 plus hours a week, due to poor organizational skills and not staff coverage. My employment history with this hospital is lengthy. I was trying to learn as much as possible before moving on.
I liked working here.
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 1, 2017
I like working at Gateway, however, none of the individuals I worked with are still there, and it is now a new hospital known as Tennova. I don't think this will be very helpful.
Great starting place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 26, 2017
Gateway (now Tennova) was a great starting place for me to learn. I enjoyed all of my coworkers and grew a lot as a healthcare provider. I'd recommend Gateway.
fun place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 22, 2017
I did Administrative support for various departments. I learned personal computer skills,, edit correspondence from dictation. edited agendas, appointment calendar.
Great hospital with large corporate overhead
Director of Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 18, 2017
Great hospital with large corporate over head. Member of the CHS family of facilities. Focused on stock holder return on investment and patient outcomes.
Cons
Closed nursing units, high rn to patient ratios.
they need to give raises`
BO/FO Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 21, 2017
theres workers thst have been working for years and haven't had a raise. if you request one chances are you wont get one. They are doing things that if I would have known before workin here I wouldn't have worked here
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
no raises
Productive workplace
Patient Sitter/Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 27, 2016
I loved being there for the patients & meeting all the new patients as well as co workers. Some staff were rude due to feeling that they knew everything. Seasoned coworkers looked down when things werent their way.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Seasoned coworkers
love the medical life
Internship (Paid) (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDSeptember 16, 2016
First time working in a Doctors office I love the setting and I love working one on one with patients the Doctor and staff helped me out a lot.
Great staff, hard to communicate with management.
CNA/ Division Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
I learned a lot at Gateway, I worked as a CNA and had great coworkers. I worked with excellent nurses who care about there patients care and safety. I do feel that everyone was trying to make changes to improve the hospital's quality of care. Atmosphere on the job was hard to overcome, a lot of my coworkers were unsatisfied with the job for their own personal reasons.

Management seemed a little confused, we had a few scheduling problems and poor communication. One of my managers did make the effort to call me and address concerns I had with her, but I never received any feedback from them on my job performance. Even after I sent in my two weeks notice, I never received any acknowledgment.
Pros
Great coworkers, patient care, 12 hour shifts, overtime usually available
Cons
Atmosphere, communication with management
do not work here
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 5, 2016
they want to cut your hours and then on your days off they want to always call you in. The management does not know what they are doing. there is so many of them that they walk around arguing about who is doing the job better. They cannot train you right because they dont even know how to do the job right to begin with. Overall they do not pay you enough to put up with all the stress. I will never work for Gateway again.
Pros
get free food up too 6.00 and then you pay for the rest. Free drinks as long as its not in a bottle.
Cons
only get a 30 min lunch break
working at Gateway Medical Center
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 27, 2015
Working at gateway have been an Experience as a Security officer i have learned alot about medical care, I have been around so many different personalities. But at the end of the day it turned out that I had learned something that day and learning is always a good thing. Management is Management just like in any other place they do what they have to to keep the place running. For some of us thats not a good thing but its life just have to bite the bullet and keep pushing on. The hardest part is watching the people that comes in and out thats hurt and sometimes the Doctor can't do anything to help them thats the hardest part of my job.
Past employee insurance verification
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 30, 2015
The pay for this position is garbage they make you do way more than what you are worth. I worked insurance verification for almost a year it's was horrible you can't ask team lead anything cause she never knew the answer. You are treated like coders but not paid as one there is a high turn over in this department, and management is absolutely horrible. They have no communication with staff and no job security
Pros
Insurance benefits are ok
Cons
No one listens to you and stressed out all the time
fun place to work, professional and always looking out for the best for our patient's or customers.
Office Manager / Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  CLARKSVILLE TN 37040October 21, 2015
company of over 15 employees was downsized but still stayed strong as a team. I treat my fellow employees as I would like to be treated with confidence. I reward my employees. I have monthly meetings or spur of the moment pow wows if needed to stay on track. I love multi tasking, as you can see with my skills I keep busy and have a wide variety of assets for my future company. I am very dependable, positive, caring and always looking at ways to help our company grow.
Pros
working in a positive environment :)
Cons
dealing with a corporation
Non Clinical staff, Beware (Not good or Bad)
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 14, 2015
The clinical staff here are either a hit or miss. They will be the best people in the world sometimes but then they have their off-day's (which seems to be every other day) it is disastrous. As a cleaner here it is manageable for the Ok benefits and wage, but the staff can make it unbearable sometimes. So just be aware before you ask for employment. I would suggest it mostly for someone who just wants to get into the hospital setting for experience while you get education out of the way.
Pros
semi-flexible, OK wage, the people
Cons
Understaffed (always), inability to plan effecitively, unable to communicate issues or policies in a timely manner, critisized and hampered employees that go "above and beyond"
Patient care is not first
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 6, 2015
Management here is concerned with budget more than patient safety and care. I worked for over 6 years there and never saw a change although management did change hands.
you always have enough help with your co-workers
c.n.a med/surg (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 23, 2015
i love to work here. we need some type of educational program or something to advance the employees here. you always have a coworker here to help you when you need it. you dont get to learn alot.
Pros
i love working with everyone here.
Cons
dont make enough money
Not great
. (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 13, 2015
The workload is increasing exponentially, and the hospital's biggest problem is understaffing. It makes the days exhausting and doesn't allow for patient care to come first.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Understaffed
Good starting point for my career. Helpful with National certification.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 28, 2015
This position was a good way for me to start out as a technician. Familiarizing myself with generic medications, brand name. Understand insurance companies and how they work. Learning stock and inventory, also ordering information. Also helped me achieve my PTCB.
It's Gateway
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 20, 2015
I only worked at gateway for three months as a volunteer in the summer of 2008, therefore I do not have much to say about my experience in particular. However, I have talked to some patients and most of them had not nice things to say about the hospital.
A lot of work perks
MA/Pre-Cert Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 12, 2015
Great co-workers, pay is way below for the job. Finding out PRN workers are getting 40 hours a week s PRN and being paid 3 dollars more and they have no experience doing the work.