Assistant Brand Rep
Our rapidly growing company values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce and has an opening for an Assistant Brand Manager. We are proud to have a diverse team of employees, and value the individual contributions and talents of our staff. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward employees who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
The Assistant Brand Manager will work directly with the Brand Manager to develop and execute clearly-defined marketing and communication strategies that drive consistent business growth and enhance brand equity for the brand. The Assistant Brand Manager’s time will be split between assisting the Brand Manager on projects and also directly leading other projects under the Brand Manager’s direction. With this position, we need an entry level candidate who has the hopes of becoming a marketing leader!
Scope of Responsibilities
- Brand Stewardship – Serve as a passionate steward, advocate and gatekeeper for the brand and the equity it has built over time. Assist the Brand Manager in championing an ongoing renewal and refinement of the Brand’s positioning and architecture, as-needed, derived from an understanding of key brand definitions, as well as a keen understanding of an increasingly-changing competitive and customer environment.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning – Partner with the Brand Manager to architect—and continually update and optimize—an integrated marketing strategy complete with annual sales goals and volume forecasts. Utilize competitive intelligence to identify new opportunities and needs in the market to support the expansion and optimization of existing products (nationally, by market and by retailer) and initiatives that will drive new revenue streams for the brand. Specific project work could include preparing launch materials, developing new pitches and networking with other successful Brand Managers.
- Communication – Assist the Brand Manager to develop the brand’s annual Advertising and Communication strategies. The Assistant Brand Manager will lead promotions and sales on a daily basis.
- Insights and Innovation Leadership – Strive to continually uncover and identify new marketplace and consumer trends, thereby enabling the brand to set the pace for “what must come next" from a category standpoint. This understanding should be leveraged to help inform new opportunities worth exploring in market testing environments. The Assistant Brand Manager will have the opportunity to directly lead campaign projects and product development projects under the direction of the Brand Manager.
- Marketing Process and Culture – Nurture a collaborative and customer-oriented Marketing culture, cross-functionally, within our company and enhance, where necessary, all Marketing and sales processes needed to enable the overall Marketing function to operate efficiently and effectively.
Critical Operating Relationships
- Brand Manager
- President Marketing
- Product Development
- Innovative and creative thinking (fresh, imaginative thinking)
- Organizational leadership and team development (leads through influence)
- Drives for results in prioritized manner (balanced sense of urgency)
- Listening skills, minimal ego (listen first, and then respond)
- Complex problem-solving (explores all options, then converges)
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
- Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
- Collaborative (works with peers across many functions within the company)
- Relationship-based (able to build strong personal and professional relationships)
Indeed - 19 months ago