Gateway Employee Reviews

Gateway Behavioral Health
Social Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Working with children as a case manager was extremely rewarding. To know that you helped a child was very fulfilling. From this job I established continued networks.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
low pay
Sadly the company went out of business.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 6, 2017
Led 11 stores in 5 states with annual revenues of $63 million. Created budgets, produced cost containment strategies, and executed performance management of direct reports including hiring, development, and termination. Additionally, excelled in role of store manager. States – Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Montana
toxic work environment
Student Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 26, 2016
Metropolitan State University is an organization with alot of fear-based, insecure leaders that do not develop people. Extremely toxic environment. Feeds on insecurity and fear. Thus perpetuates relationship of distrust. This is on the Student Affairs side. The academic side provides a phenomenal and an affordable education to students.I do not recommend this organization. People with limited integrity and broken moral compass recommended to apply.
Poorly staffed and managed
Passenger Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2016
My days were spent running ragged to cover for few employees, horrendous communication systems, and a hindrance from management.
Great co-workers,
Violence Intervention Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 16, 2016
Gateway provided me a great opportunity to serve the community in various capacities both directly and indirectly. I enjoyed working with both children and adults as clients. Non-profits tend to pay a little less than the public sector but the reward from seeing people benefit from your assistance made up the difference. Gateway's benefits package was not bad either.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
staff turnover
Outstanding work place
Staff Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 8, 2016
True focus on the employee that drove outstanding customer service. Provided frequent training to keep agents sharp and able to take care of any customer need
Pros
People focus
Cons
Tech industry
Very fun
Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2016
The job is basically teaching students how to swim. Very fun and flexible hours. The managers and co workers are also fun. If you love swimming, you'll love this job.
Pros
great job. flexible hours
Cons
no lunch, and have to be in the water
Birmingham Residential Campus Awful
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 27, 2016
Poor management does not stand behind good employees clients control the campus able to elope easily campus not secure staff punished for clients thoughts & actions not a good place to work unless you just really need some change & I mean change because the pay is not enough for stressed endured Gateway Residential is said to be psych under 21 thats a lie Gateway Residential really should be shut down 90% of their employees have just as much sense as the clients.
Pros
Free breakfast lunch & dinner
Cons
No breaks low pay poor management no raises
Competitive and rewarding
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2016
Gateway is a very aggressive and fast paced environment. I was able to put my leadership skills to the test while being supported by the company the entire way!
Plenty of Opportunity to build knowledge
Lead Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35205October 27, 2016
Working out of a three-man IT shop, i'm able to be exposed to every aspect of our IT infrastructure from desktop support to network management. It's a small company, with little opportunity for advancement. However, it allows me to learn and grow as an IT professional.
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible Scheduling, Laid back work environment
Cons
below average compensation, sense of disconnect outside of IT
Its a job
Residential Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 23, 2016
It could be rewarding at times. The kids require special attention and some enjoy the staff. It takes a special person to perform these duties. It takes a toll on you mentally if you have a heart.
Positive mission that is not properly carried out
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlabamaSeptember 13, 2016
This was the worse place I have ever worked. Supervisor lack social skills or competency on what it means to be a productive provider to the client. There is a lot of mess throughout the building and cliques. There is a lot of liars and everyone is afraid to be honest due to fear of losing their job. HR believes whatever a supervisor states without consulting with all involved parties.

I wouldn't recommend this place to no one who understands the true meaning of a social worker.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Low pay, lack of support, inadequate directions on expectations, and positive environment.
I work as a temp
Porter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 12, 2016
But am always on time work whatever hours they have for me n days just wish they will higher me permanent so I don't be out of work for over a month but overall I like the job and will work as long as the company let's me
Pros
Eat lunch on time
Cons
No healthcare
Very productive.
Taxi Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Great place. Loved working there. If store was still opened I would've still been working there. Met a lot of people and was very happy to be a part of this place.
Productive...
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 1, 2016
It was Great Working there, good co workers, never had any problems, work consist of walking through and around building making sure all was secure , every hour on the top of the hour, logging in the log book any activities
Blahhh
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2016
I've had a great experience working here the past couple of years, but there is no opportunity for advancement or no benefits. There is no way I'm suppose to be making the same amount as a person who has been here for 12 years longer than I have.
Pros
Treated like family
Cons
No pay raise in years, no sick days offered
To ensure our residents are at home and not at our jobs ....
Admissions Coordinator and Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCAugust 14, 2016
My ideal day at work would consist of attending the morning meeting informing the staff of my planned admissions for the day , follow up after he meeting to assure the rooms have been deep cleaned and ready , call a flash meeting to the room which would include the hall nurse and the cna's assigned to my new residents , also include maintenance to assure the room is move in ready no holes , marks , on wall privacy curtain clean and all call likes in working order , meet with family as soon as possible to get paper work signed and get ifo from hosp. to assure resident meds are sent in to prevent delay . look for any new referrals from hospitals and hit the road marketing our building has the best rehab and find the positive nitch to sale what we offer and grow our census and medicare to become more profitable company
Pros
flexability to work some late hours to assure late admits are properly admitted
Cons
making promises to the customer that are out of our reach
Productive workplace
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Ventnor City, NJJuly 27, 2016
I like my position because it helps people and children. I enjoy seeing how happy parents are once their child is accepted and going through the whole process of enrolling them.
Pros
very resourceful
Cons
Little pay
Great place to work!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJuly 6, 2016
The staff there is all wonderful, and the focus of the the set meaning that they are set of to do for people are great. They do a lot for people in the community, and people with dis abililties. Each person there is so loving and great! Just wish it was closer to home and was able to pay more, but it is no-profit so completely understandable.
Pros
FLexability, insurance
Poor Management and horrible communication
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 25, 2016
Staff was irresponsible and lacked maturity. Senior staff members arrived to work intoxicated and showed malicious behavior towards campers.
Pros
Fun Field Trips
Cons
Short breaks, Irresponsible supervisers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gateway. Our community is ready to answer.