Gateway Employee Reviews

Quick paced, high volume restaurant
Server/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98406November 12, 2017
Variable workloads, customer service orientated. Workplace and management were wonderful. Coworkers were solid and with proper leadership, could overcome any obstacle.
Pros
Good environment and clientele.
Cons
Hectic and hot working conditions (back of house).
Call Center Chaos
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 1, 2017
The turnover rate with Gateway was huge! The Competition of the then new Dell Computers were slowing, cutting down the call staff.
I got a new job at Honeywell in the nick of time before the call center completely closed.
Pros
Great call center exposure, meeting SLAs, etc/
Cons
No, benefits, No advancement, chaotic at times.
Very fast pace working
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 24, 2017
I didn't really like working at Gateway they treated you like you were nothing they would talk to you any type of way if you messed up they wouldn't try to help you they would send you home
Pros
The people you work with are nice
Cons
You get talked to like a dog
Very productive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 22, 2017
Working at gateway was a great opportunity managment was great pay was always on time we we're able to work at our pwn pace and make our own schedules if there was ever a problem we we're able to take it to management and they solved the issue admittedly
Environment was difficult to work with. Didn't enjoy lack of consistancy
Registrar & Office (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTOctober 16, 2017
I was one of the first to arrive and complete support assignments for teachers work day. I was also responsible for sending in reports to the federal and state government to ensure that we received the funding we were eligible for.
I answered phones, enrolled students, gave tours of the school, covered classrooms when needed and helped the director deal with parent and student complaints.
Management changed and the environment became less consistant. It became a very hostile place to work.
The hardest part of the job was making sure that we were all on the same page as far as goals, enrollment, policy and procedure and compliance were concerned.
I loved working with the teachers to help enrich their classrooms and help them run smoothly. I also enjoyed working with the students and spending time with them.
Pros
Opportunity to be around the energy of children, excellent teachers
Cons
Management, disfunction
It can be stressful but the stress can be managed
Appeals Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at work is relaxed until something is missed or someone leaves the department. My Manger is the best and she is always willing to assist. She is fair and doesn't wear her emotions on her sleeves. The work place culture is relaxed, however the workload can be a lot at times. The hardest part of the job is understanding the way everyone else works.
Pros
good money, relaxed environment
Cons
workload
Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2017
Provided excellent tech toys to play with, great employee discounts. District management was supportive, knowledgeable. Provided rapid advancement for those who wanted, as well as relocation help to make it happen. Recognized loyalty and accomplishments and rewarded them. Hated seeing the stores close.
Pros
Supportive, good management
Cons
Out of business
Fun and relaxed workplace
Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 30, 2017
Overall the workplace was fun and enjoyable. The management team was nice and understanding. I learned a lot about being an urban contractor and what their job looks like on a day to day basis.
Pros
Free lunches
New employee adjustment (you are on your own)
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 26, 2017
The salary range for LO seems to vary on factors that don't make sense to me. For example, negotiating a car allowance was a big deal to the company even though you are expected to use your personal vehicle to generate new business.
Pros
Programs
Cons
Size
Wasted
Car Detailer (Current Employee) –  Pierre, SDSeptember 22, 2017
My job is to get made an example of. They want it so perfect. If i was a car, id have to be put in a stress clinic. I feel bad. Its a family malfunction.
Pros
Great owners, hour lunches
Cons
Hot tempered employees
fun atmosphere
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILSeptember 17, 2017
I worked with a great group of people who all got along for the most part and worked well with each other. The workload was fair and the hours were manageable.
Controller
Treasurer for Venetian Festival -Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MISeptember 11, 2017
My department existed of MIS, 4 Accountants, Receptionist and accountant with several other small business. If it was not for loosing, State and federal funding I would working their today.
Pilot Program
Technical Sales Manager4/2009 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2017
This was a pilot program under Sutherland Global Services. It was a great company and the pace changed regularly. It was fast pace as it was true customer service and helping the end users throughout North America
Pros
Commission
Cons
Fast paced and with lots of responsibilites but little pay
Head Teacher Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCAugust 28, 2017
Organize and micro-manage 2 classes of 26+ students and manage 2 assistants. Communicate via phone/email with all parents and plan special events within the classroom. Plan and execute different lessons for each day of the week. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the growth of each student from the beginning of the year to the end and also loving on the them.
Gateway was a great place to work. It was a very exciting time to be in the technology industry.
Employee Relations/Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SDAugust 4, 2017
I was given many opportunities to learn and enhance my HR skills and abilities. Gateway provided me with many opportunities to grow and expand in my role as an HR Generalist.
Diversity
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Sioux City, SDAugust 1, 2017
Accounts receivable for the Federal Government
Used different programs for the aid of invoicing
Learned how to be effective at accounts receivable
Workplace culture was relaxed
I enjoyed my job and the work I done.
Pros
Nice relaxing atmosphere
Cons
Some favortism
Fun place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2017
Spent over 5+ years there, had contests among teams and individuals. never had any issues, it was just time to leave. Wasn't alot of work life balance and days off were during week.First job out of college.
Pros
fun, cafeteria
Cons
work life balance
best company ever
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 1, 2017
Best place i have ever worked.. wish they were still here would go back loved the atmosphere and people ....would recommend to anyone...awesome place to work
Pros
everythingq
Cons
Fun envioroment. Fast paste.
Shift Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Palestine, TXJuly 28, 2017
Its a very fast paste job. Loved the people and meeting new people everyday. The management was great always friendly. You have time to get everything done. They never ask you to do something they wouldn't do themselves.
Large manufacturing plant, many people many opportunities
New Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 17, 2017
I was a New product engineer, my schedule consisted of training on the plant floor, classroom instruction, and technical writing on new builds. Communication was the biggest an most lasting lesson learned at Gateway. The hardest part about the culture of a large plant is navigating the personal agendas, most other aspects are pleasant and beneficial to professional growth.