Gatti's Pizza Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 7, 2016
Each day we made the dough and we made a variety of pizzas for the customers. Each day we did not know what to expect, and it was a new day because everyone (customers) had different tastes in their pizza and wanted something different.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks
Good enviroment to work in.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 9, 2016
A typical work day was generally easy to do. I just had to make sure that the tables were cleaned correctly and in a timely manor. I enjoyed assisting customers when they needed something or had and questions. I enjoyed my crew that worked under me and I liked the supervisors that were above me.
Pros
Friendly co workers.
Cons
They way managed some situations.
Gatti's Marketing Coordinator
Corporate Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2015
Worked with controlled radius marketing area from North Austin to San Marcos. Met with schools, local businesses, youth groups to create fundraisers and draw sales into Gatti's Pizza locations. Managed GattiTown Austin Social Media accounts, created new training materials for franchisee owners to use and follow and trained new marketing staff when hired.
Pros
Great Marketing Department, great communication
Cons
layoffs when bought out
If you live a simple life and like pizza this is the job for you.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAOctober 5, 2015
It can be a fun place to work if you get everything done within a reasonable amount of time and prepare for the day.
I learn delegation here more than anything else. It helped with my training skills and tested my patience on a daily bases. I found my niche though and it became almost natural. I would walk into the building and completely take control of it even when things look bleak.
Management worked together and learned from their experiences. It took time to build to it and a few managers didn't make the cut. Being part of management myself or the one in charge I worked by the policy if you worked hard for me I would work hard for you. Even though I have not worked there for years I still get messages from past employees telling me how I was the best manager they ever had. It makes me proud to play a part in their lives and in most cases their first job.
Hardest part of the job was resisting eating the free buffet offered to me. No seriously the hardest part for me was finding out one of my employees stealing. It was hard for me cause I had to fire them, but I wish there would have been some kind of way I could have taught them it was wrong before that. They were like a bunch of nephews and nieces to me.
The thing I enjoyed the most was being the one that had all the answers or that may be what I miss. After working in other fields I find myself always learning or being taught. When I was there I was the teacher, I guess that was what I liked.
Pros
Free Buffet on days you worked
Cons
No benefits, maxed out pay just above minium wage, Not a career choice
Fun place to work, but not paid enough
Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 4, 2015
The management is nice, but they just aren't paying me enough. The owner will not let the manager pay us more than minimum wage. All of the employees bust their butts just to make around $250 every two weeks.
Pros
Half off meals when you are working that day.
Cons
no benefits
Typical fast food restaurant
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 19, 2015
A typical local pizza chain with great management and above average products. Co-workers were generally cordial to the customers and tried to give the best service possible.
Pros
Fun work environment, great management
Cons
Odd hours, number of hours not consistent from week to week
Gattis Pizza
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville TnMarch 3, 2015
Had fun working at this unit. We had a fun and up beat staff. Company that owned the Knoxville stores mismanaged company assets and funds. Closing the units in 2011
It was a ok place to work
Cook/ Cash Register (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVDecember 29, 2014
Clocked in went to make pizzas, cleaned the tables off, ran the cash register. Got along with all my co workers. Management was not always nice to everyone. Hardest part was no benefits. Enjoyed meeting new people
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
no healtcare
Productive and friendly atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 6, 2014
While working for Gatti's Pizza I noticed how great the environment is. The management team is very persistent in making sure you succeed. This is a very family-oriented business, and I recommend this place to anyone!
Pros
discounted lunches, flexible work schedule
Productive and Fun work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Gatti's Pizza work days are simple days to catch up with cleaning and preparation for the following day or weekend.

I learned many things through the years working at Gatti's Pizza, management skills, training skills, and some clerical skills.

Management at Gatti's Pizza is wonderful, every manager works together and keeps everything together.

Co-workers are the best people to work with.

Hardest part of my job was dealing with mild maintenance repair.

Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing many families enjoying their time and making sure to help them as much as possible.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
short lunch breaks, short notice on some updates
This was a buffet style and had about 20 games for children and family to play while visiting .
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHAugust 5, 2014
A typical day at work was dealing with all kinds of new experiences with employee's . I learned more and more every day about the business and I worked very well with all my co-workers. I think the hardest thing about my work was not knowing how busy we were going to get and to have enough well trained employee's. The most enjoyable part of my day was see so many of my regular customers coming back and meeting new ones each day and them leaving satisfied.
Normal pizza joint
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYMay 14, 2014
I had fun here with fellow college kids, but nothing beyond that. You're always getting in trouble for the cost of cheese and other toppings, but it's hard to maintain the expected food cost when it's a pizza buffet and everything gets thrown away if people don't eat it. There was also no way of getting more than 25 hours a week.
The owner was wonderful though.
Pros
college life, arcade
Cons
pay, hours, lack of opportunity to advance
First job, learned most here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Denham springsOctober 23, 2013
This was my first job, I learned everything I know about customer service and how to run shifts from here. I enjoyed this job very much due to the other employees, and interacting with customers. I had this job for three years and never had a bad day at work.
Great place for young people
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 3, 2013
A great job for those looking to find themselves work while going to school
Buffet store with alot of customer interaction
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin,TxMay 28, 2013
A fun place to connect with your customers and provide good food and customer service,ive learned that if you treat a customer with kindness and do that something extra,you will have a customer always coming back,as management and coworkers everybody has a different way of working,but we all strive for the same goal that is to make a difference in keeping company successful,hardest part of job is trying to make sure your employees understand that labor control is a must when some days are slow and that its not a punishment if they are sent home or less hours schedule,most enjoyable is interacting with your customers and them telling you what excellent service we have,aswell as great food
Pros
customer service, bonus when goals are met, great pay
Cons
less time off for general managers, long work week
Fun place to work and very stress free.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHMay 28, 2013
Went in and washed dishes until closing time. Then cleaned the restaurant.
I had outstanding coworkers and managers that made the drop very enjoyable.
The hardest part about the job was keeping up with the amount of customers that came in and making sure they had clean dishes and silverware.
a fun place for teens to work
Employee- I (Current Employee) –  knoxville, tnFebruary 15, 2013
its a fun place for teens to work while in high school and college. the management is okay. all my co-workers are nice and outgoing. iv learned in the pass 3 years is that its a great place for younger people to work at. I'm ready to move on and start my life some where else.
Pros
fun, exciting, and socialable place
Cons
not enough pay for me
Ok at most
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 4, 2013
I worked hard each day doing what was necessary. Whether it was cutting pizzas, taking out requests, cleaning the restaurant, or closing the store down. There were issues with management but nothing that would make this place impossible to work at.
Loved my job, but the upper management was not worth working for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 29, 2012
I loved my job and the customers I dealt with on a daily basis. I was an Assistant Manager and did my job to the fulliest!
Pros
having a job
Cons
no benefits
Gattis Pizza
Dough Roller (Former Employee) –  Austin,TxNovember 2, 2012
Management very pushy and in face constantly, expecting more work and less reward, early start
Pros
free pizza
Cons
bad work environment