Gatti's Pizza Employee Reviews

Loved my work crew.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed this job very much. I loved my work and my coworkers. Unfortunately they were not willing to work with me on my restrictions after getting pregnant, so I had to quit.
A job is a job that I was fortunate to have
Busser (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Working at Gatti's was a huge hassle. Working with children and adults was a messy deal. But as time progressed my disliking of this job grew smaller and smaller each week. I slowly started to realize that having a job was a luxury that not everyone has. And I appreciated what I had despite the hardships.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Hours cut weekly
Very friendly atmosphere.
Cashier/Customer Service, (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJanuary 9, 2017
It was an amazing experience to be able to be in a company that treated you like you were family. They taught me many things like cutting vegetables and making pizzas. Co-workers were all friendly. The hardest part of the job was having to be fast and accurate but it paid off and I got better at it with experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make things and seeing customers enjoy them.
Pros
friends, positivity, discounts, willing to work around school.
Cons
short breaks
Good for short work time
Shift Leader and attendant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 5, 2016
I wouldn't work here if you plan on working here a while. Ita pretty nice at first but then the job begins to get extremely tedious and repetitive to say the least.
Super Fun and a Wonderful Team of Work Mates
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYNovember 1, 2016
Shortly after learning the basics of the job, I started to fell like a part of the team. Great place to work at, great vibe, cool environment with awesome helpful management team. I honestly don't have any Cons. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone needing a flexible schedule for school or other endeavors.
Pros
Fun, Senior Employees are very helpful, Management with a sence of morality.
Cons
I have none! Thank u Gattis for the chance to have been part of a family for awile.
Its an alright starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 19, 2016
The work is a lot for the hourly pay. It was just a starter job for me and a great learning experience but i knew i could do so much more.
Fast-paced environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bastrop hwy delvalle TX 78752September 28, 2016
Great place to work and progress and move up with the company. They have great benefits for all employees not just management as other employees do. I enjoyed my experience with this company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short to no breaks
Productive work space
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 22, 2016
My first job. i learned how to do different jobs. Very shortage of hours. Fun work place, but not any chance for advancement.
A good Temporary job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 26, 2016
Nothing ever changes, so don't go in expecting to make a difference. It's fast food work, which is both good and bad. If you work hard, the crew will notice. But no one above you will.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Bad Management
Excellent place to fill your tummy and have fun
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 7, 2016
I don't really have anything bad to say about this place apart from the management wasn't really that great. but apart from that this is a good and affordable place to socialize with your friends and have a good time.
Pros
free buffets if you 8+ hour shft
Productive and Fun workplace
Dixie Hwy - Kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2016
It's really fun to work here. The employees are great and it's a great environment. A typical day at work is easy. I work directly with the customers and make sure their experience is awesome! Closing the store is pretty easy. I throw away old food, sanitize the area, and then mop.
ok place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 26, 2016
I liked my job, but I never got breaks for lunch or for my 15 minute break. There was never another cashier on duty to relieve me to even go to the bathroom.
Friendly!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 7, 2016
Each day we made the dough and we made a variety of pizzas for the customers. Each day we did not know what to expect, and it was a new day because everyone (customers) had different tastes in their pizza and wanted something different.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks
Good enviroment to work in.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 9, 2016
A typical work day was generally easy to do. I just had to make sure that the tables were cleaned correctly and in a timely manor. I enjoyed assisting customers when they needed something or had and questions. I enjoyed my crew that worked under me and I liked the supervisors that were above me.
Pros
Friendly co workers.
Cons
They way managed some situations.
Gatti's Marketing Coordinator
Corporate Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2015
Worked with controlled radius marketing area from North Austin to San Marcos. Met with schools, local businesses, youth groups to create fundraisers and draw sales into Gatti's Pizza locations. Managed GattiTown Austin Social Media accounts, created new training materials for franchisee owners to use and follow and trained new marketing staff when hired.
Pros
Great Marketing Department, great communication
Cons
layoffs when bought out
If you live a simple life and like pizza this is the job for you.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAOctober 5, 2015
It can be a fun place to work if you get everything done within a reasonable amount of time and prepare for the day.
I learn delegation here more than anything else. It helped with my training skills and tested my patience on a daily bases. I found my niche though and it became almost natural. I would walk into the building and completely take control of it even when things look bleak.
Management worked together and learned from their experiences. It took time to build to it and a few managers didn't make the cut. Being part of management myself or the one in charge I worked by the policy if you worked hard for me I would work hard for you. Even though I have not worked there for years I still get messages from past employees telling me how I was the best manager they ever had. It makes me proud to play a part in their lives and in most cases their first job.
Hardest part of the job was resisting eating the free buffet offered to me. No seriously the hardest part for me was finding out one of my employees stealing. It was hard for me cause I had to fire them, but I wish there would have been some kind of way I could have taught them it was wrong before that. They were like a bunch of nephews and nieces to me.
The thing I enjoyed the most was being the one that had all the answers or that may be what I miss. After working in other fields I find myself always learning or being taught. When I was there I was the teacher, I guess that was what I liked.
Pros
Free Buffet on days you worked
Cons
No benefits, maxed out pay just above minium wage, Not a career choice
Fun place to work, but not paid enough
Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 4, 2015
The management is nice, but they just aren't paying me enough. The owner will not let the manager pay us more than minimum wage. All of the employees bust their butts just to make around $250 every two weeks.
Pros
Half off meals when you are working that day.
Cons
no benefits
Typical fast food restaurant
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 19, 2015
A typical local pizza chain with great management and above average products. Co-workers were generally cordial to the customers and tried to give the best service possible.
Pros
Fun work environment, great management
Cons
Odd hours, number of hours not consistent from week to week
Gattis Pizza
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville TnMarch 3, 2015
Had fun working at this unit. We had a fun and up beat staff. Company that owned the Knoxville stores mismanaged company assets and funds. Closing the units in 2011
It was a ok place to work
Cook/ Cash Register (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVDecember 29, 2014
Clocked in went to make pizzas, cleaned the tables off, ran the cash register. Got along with all my co workers. Management was not always nice to everyone. Hardest part was no benefits. Enjoyed meeting new people
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
No Healtcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gatti's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6