Gavilon Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing company for earning advancement
Geographic Information Systems Intern (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 26, 2016
Management is firm and knowledgeable; can guide and motivate you with their passion for achievement and self-advancement. I was a GIS intern, and my manager taught me as much coding and database management as I was interested in learning. My team was small, and the two of us (manager and intern) were the only employees doing geographic work. Hardest part of the job was the data grind, but there was a large amount of freedom to investigate and innovate ideas. My four star review on security and advancement are related to advancement - at least in the GIS team, there was no opportunity to advance or get a full-time job. It seemed that I would be an intern for as long as I was willing to be an intern, but I *was* paid, and paid well, so being an intern wasn't bad, only dead-ended. However, it did seem that if you were a trader, the sky was the limit, based on how hard you wanted to work. Other departments, like accounting and HR, did seem limited.
Pros
Great culture, prime location, amenities
Cons
No full time positions available in GIS team
I am a contractor with Gavilon
Trader Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 1, 2015
I am a contractor with Gavilon and am here on a temporary basis.What I have experienced is all good. The people and training are excellent and the work life balance is wonderful.
Poor Management Duct tape fix for everything
Scale operator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute InMarch 12, 2015
Management takes no responsibility....but can u blame them they have no clue how a elevator runs....hard work low pay no advance not a career place unless u want to live poor
Pros
we did whatever we wanted cause nobody else New anything
Cons
company thinks a degree makes u superior, Dumbest management I've seen
Not a very good company
Elevator Laborer (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSJanuary 20, 2015
The people I worked with were awesome. But if you want a life other then working this is not the place. No advancement opportunities at all unless you are a Merchandiser. Pay is terrible for the work you are required. Management isn't for good also.
Gavilon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2015
The receptionist position was good however, they did not have enough work for the desk. Great company, beautiful building and wonderful employees.
just a number
hourly nothin (Current Employee) –  new carlisleNovember 21, 2014
New managment believes this is a prison and views the employees as replaceable...you work outside and they dont believe in breaks..You are expected to work whenever for as long as they want...
Pros
there is a fridge in breakroom
Cons
you're not allowed to go in the breakroom
entertaining
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Abilene, KSMay 22, 2014
Great company to work for. They teach you what you need to know. Employees are great and freindly.
operator
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 15, 2012
running the grain elevator and excavator, giving commands