Gavin de Becker & Associates

Gavin de Becker & Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible Management
Staff Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 25, 2016
I won't waste your time with my opinion. Just want to warn any veterans out there before they apply.

Bottom line up front: Don't trust a company with such a high turnover rate that it has to have mass hirings every few months.

Most of my coworkers were amazing guys who all figured out the scheme around the same time. Pay you rock bottom on entry with promises of promotion and higher pay if "you work harder" and "sacrifice". We all thought we were gonna be cool bodyguards moving tactically with celebrities, when in actuality, you get disciplined for not having the right brand of water/snacks for some client.

Upper management is extremely weak. Only a few of them have a military background, but their supervisory capabilities are very limited.
Pros
coworkers, celebrities
Cons
weak management, low pay, no time off
Great Career Starter
Field Protective Agent/Security Staff Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2015
If you're looking for a opportunity to break into the security field and learn the basics from a long standing company, than this is the place. You will get a through on the job training in residential security, and if you advance and there are positions open, might even break into the world of Executive Protection. Great benefits for anyone fresh out of college, or family man/women looking to get a start in the security field.
Pros
Big, locations nationwide
Cons
salary can leave you wanting, compared to hours worked. No room for work life balance.
Decent Job but Bad Management
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAMay 18, 2016
Company is always more interested in the clients, which it should be. Also is a true meritocracy. Unfortunately, this has created a place where leadership cannot be trusted, and will not go to bat for you. I've even seen situations created that force a subordinate to take the blame for things that the boss should have looked out.
Pros
Pro environment. They are working hard to make things better on paper.
Cons
As the company grows, the culture becomes more artificial.
Security
Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2016
Work is as you would expect for security. The employees I work with are great and its a good work environment. I would recommend this job for anywho who enjoys security.
Demanding work place with little regard for personal life. Great training.
Security Staff Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2014
Long hours and little time off. Great training and room for advancement.

Want to know more about Gavin de Becker & Associates?

Ask a question