Gaylor, Inc. Employee Reviews

Indianapolis is a nice place to work.
Journeyman Lineman (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 1, 2015
A nice place to work and live, was a great experience and friendly co-workers.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
being away from family/wife
Okay place to work and get experience
Electrical apprentice (Current Employee) –  Noblesville InFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day at work for me is its very cold so make sure you dress very warm. There is no heat provided at some of the jobsites. But, I tend to cope and take it one day at a time. Learn as much as I can learn and keep an open mind about everything. There is a alot of pros and cons and good and bad but overall its a cool place to work for most part.
Pros
doing something different everyday
Cons
no were to heat up your food at times
Its an awesome team
Substaion Helper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaNovember 19, 2013
Its great to feel like you still belong somewhere. I would still be at this company im just done with traveling. I learned how to hook up electrical substations, using man lifts as well as other equipment. The hardest part of my job was working in the elements and traveling sometimes upto 400 miles to work. I loved working with everyone and learning everyday. This job was high in on the spot thinking to problem solve which made it even better.
Pros
working in small teams and being outside
Cons
travel
Great job to start at.
Crew Leader / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2013
They will send you to school. If your looking for a company that travels you found it. Work as much as you can handle.
productive and fun place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 31, 2013
worked along side alot of good people. highly productivde good managment
professionalism
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2013
Gaylor is a very good company to work with and for,over all I think Gaylor surpasses alot of companies that are professional and care about their employees and clients.
Pros
good benifits and pay
Cons
to far away for me to drive, 90 miles one way average for the past 12 years
Good compensation and learning experience
Journeyman class of my field electrical (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2013
If you are looking for a career in the electrical industry and want to further your education then this is a good place to work
Pros
mentsgood wages opportunities for advanc
Cons
point system for attendants can add up fast
Company is an average place to work for.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJanuary 30, 2013
As an intern you learn a fair share of hands on items but management does not care too much for their employees.
Pros
good guys to work with out in the field.
Cons
needs better management.
Great place to work/meeting new people
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2012
Job was to short,completed job.My co-workers were great,management was ok,nothing hard about this job,just plane electrical work
Pros
had one big cook out that was it.
Cons
wish job was longer
Very relaxed and nonaggressive work enviorment
Senior Electrical Estimator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 28, 2012
Review bidding documents, prepare material takeoff and estimates. Compile material summary for supplier pricing. Determine scope of work and required contents of estimates. Prepare purchase of materials to successful vendors. Prepare submittals for submission to owner for review and approvals. Price all change orders and review for any unforeseen cost impact or extended overhead that might be incurred as a direct result of any of the changes in the scope of work. Review specifications to ascertain if there exists the possibility of value engineering. Prepare and update the project schedule and, bill percent complete on a monthly basis.
Pros
office was close to my home
Cons
management was not aggressive towards obtaining new work
Would not recommend
Construction Laborer/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2012
If you want a job where you can grow and learn in a positive environment, this is not the place for you. I worked for this company for 3 years and starting out at only 10.00 ph, I ended with 11.50 (after being there for 3 years). I was let go due to a company lay off. They took away all the job perks from everyone so they could cut back on money. I suggest looking for a company that you can grow with and have stable income/security.