Gaylord Entertainment Employee Reviews

Little to no room for growth
Marketing & PR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 14, 2017
It's hard to find advancement and upper management doesn't look to help, they would rather see you leave. I got told to look somewhere else because there is "nothing here".
Productive and fun workplace
Resort Manager / Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 11, 2017
Great company, great job! They manage and maintain their properties well. The jobs are fun and fast paced. Very customer service oriented and benefits are great. Nice working atmosphere!
Productive and fun workspace with games & prizes to win
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 10, 2017
A typical day starts with getting signed in on computer and checking emails for updates and alerts of entertainments to promote. I learned to use a softphone and to click between queues for information quickly. Management and workplace culture was relaxed yet still business oriented. The hardest part of the job was learning all the details of the Opryland Resort with updates to relay to the guests and visitors. The most enjoyable part of the job was the jokes and light gags between managers and other staff to keep the atmosphere light, so our smiles will be heard over the phone by guests and others seeking information.
Pros
Free meals, prizes
Cons
Long walk to cafetaria and work area.
Gaylord
Guest Service Agent/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2017
Might be a good place to gain job experience out of college. Wouldn't recommend as a long term career. The front office management seriously lacked and was difficult to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun, productive, and energetic workplace that fosters an Employee First culture
Loss Prevention Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 27, 2017
A breath taking resort with a dedicated and talented staff that makes working there enjoyable. Safety and Security department is among one of the best in the industry leading the way with premium lodging and convention security. An incredible place to broaden ones horizons.
Pros
Free employee gym, affordable food accommodations, communication tools, learning and training opportunities, knowledgeable security staff
Cons
Security Management: Work life balance, opportunities for growth within the department, not always consistent when upholding policies
Productive and fun place to work at.
Ice attraction attendant (Former Employee) –  Florida, United States of AmericaJuly 19, 2017
It's a fun place to work at. Very nice colleagues, Productive, meet new people, very supporting team and management, excellent service, Americans are very nice people to work with.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and short break
Gaylord
Special Events (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37214July 15, 2017
This job was seasonable. Handed out parkas to customers who came to see the exhibit. The manager made the work fun. Couldn't asked for a better place to work.
Fun place to work
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 12, 2017
Ive learned a lot working for the company and it was a great experience and love working with my co-workers. The mangers are great the workplace is a cultured environment.
Very productive place
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 28, 2017
Excellent place to work and growht
Been with the company 20 years.
Love to work there love the people and the culture of the company. Atypical day at work would be waking up around 5:30 am to set up the room where you are going to be working the best part is to work with a different company every 3 to 4 days and knowing from some different companies peoples and cultures.
Pros
Beautiful hotel
Cons
Some times the employes complain without any reason
Fun to Learn Different Cultures
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDJune 22, 2017
I learned alot by working with different people from all nationalities. There is alot of opportunities for advancement. You must be prepared to put in long hours if you are in management. It is a strong union environment and know your contract is a must.
very positive culture I worked with lots of interesting people
on call cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDJune 17, 2017
This was a great company to work for. They provided complete and accurate instructions and there was always someone willing to help with assigned tasks.
very busy place to work with long hours
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 14, 2017
A typical day at work is cleaning anywhere from 8 to 18 rooms in a 8 hour work day and the occasional help from management when it is needed and a friendly work environment.
Pros
free meal
Cons
no weekends off, long hours during holidays
Typical Work Day
HotSOS Coordinator / Ticketing Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2017
Typical work day, getting logged in and a little pre shift in, on what's changed, how busy we are and how many waited guest rooms we have. Any engineering issue's if any, then onto the systems clearing out what is not necessary to be in the system. Answer any an all calls.
Great place
Gaylord Texan Concierge, WayFinder and Host (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 24, 2017
The Gaylore Hotel have great place to work, guiding and helping guests to find their destination and help make their experience a pleasant one is a wonderful job. I learned to handle difficult customers, to use a computer system to sell and schedule events around the hotel, and to face a challenge with a smile. Sadly, while I loved the job, I always wanted to be a game developer, and I must acquire job experience from wherever I can, as a graphic designer I would hope to expand my horizons and be able to use this experience towards my goal
Pros
Free lunches, team bonding exercises, excellent management
Cons
the occasional angry guest
Fun and productive place to work
Conference services (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDMay 5, 2017
Great place to grow and learn different jobs in the hospitality industry. it has given me many satisfactions both personal and work wise, the culture is what makes this company great.
great place with great people
GENERAL CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2017
While working at Gaylord, you can & will encounter some people that are genuinely pleasant and will run through a brick wall. Same as any other work place, there are people that you have to be more mindful of, but overall, it is a great place.
Gaylord palms
Sous Chef Banquets (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2017
This is such a wonderful place to work and a lot of fun. I worked in the banquet kitchen. It was hard work but very rewarding. When we needed help the whole staff from every department sent some one to help with plating a dinner.
Pros
Akot of perks to be had at Gaylord Oalms
Cons
Very Long hours, hardly any life at all
valet, great work enviroment
Valet (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 17, 2017
This was a great job, I got to meet many people, everyone was friendly and got 40 hours a week. I would introduce myself to customers and help them with their luggage and park and retrieve their car. I leaned a lot at this job and studied outside of work just to be better use to people. This job was all about tips so you had a lot of control over how much you wanted to make that day. I leaned how to talk to different people, some wanted to really know what their options were and others just wanted to get into their room as fast as they could. This job was vary fast paced and the energy was vary encouraging to always be at your best.
Pros
great pay, great enviroment
Cons
only $2.25 an hour
Productivity and hardship
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, Texas USA 76051January 29, 2017
In this field of Industry is really challenging and there's a lot of learning in every single day that you go to work, do all the things that you're doing everyday, sometimes you get boring because you gonna do the same thing BUT you're not going to stop doing it because cooking is life, especially for me. When I'm in the pressure that's the best time and feeling to work and do what you must do.

You also need to adopt all the culture that you can encounter; to learn what they have and what they don't have, to share what you have in your own culture to make a successful career.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
N/a
Easy job
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Pool attendant position very easy job for the money. Schedule flexible and consistent. Pay is competitive for the area. Working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.