Gaylord Entertainment Employee Reviews

Catch 22 Job
In Room Dining Captain (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2016
I'm not a lazy person by any means, but the sheer volume of work that's expected of you, is astronomical. The pay doesn't reflect the expected output. Restaurant supervisors are expected to work a schedule dictated by business, but posted with only 3 days of notice...so, you may have 5 days off in a week. You may not have any days off. The hardest part of the job is the constant negativity from upper management. Instead of fixing a problem when it's current, Guests love to explain it to their comment cards, which get read by the senior management, weeks later. Then, those managers come to you and say, "Why did this happen in the first place." When frankly, i didn't know there was an issue at all. By now, there's nothing I can do to fix the situation.
Pros
Free lunch, Free Uniform Dry Cleaning, Free health clinic on site.
Cons
long work days. not enough pay. very difficult language barriers. too many dishonest people.
Gaylord Hotel
Conference Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2016
Overall really enjoyed the creativity and diversity of events we did here.

Free lunch

manage conferences/conventions

Diverse place
MD (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJuly 26, 2016
I have fun working in Gaylord since I get to meet so many different people with different background and I get to know what type of job and conference they are in to. I get to deal with all types of people like doctors, engineer, etc. Its just fun to talk with them about what they do and where they live. Making drinks is fun for me since our valued customers keeps me busy which the times passes really fast and I could talk to my coworker about their future plan, etc when our hotel occupancy is low. Hardest part of my job is to make every satisfy especially when multiple people wants to order drinks at the same time but I can only take one at a time and move on to next in order secure each individual's payment and avoid walk out.
Fun place to work
Administrative Sales Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 30, 2016
Really enjoyed my job but my job was phased out. Great team players. I enjoyed working with everyone at the hotel. The hotel has alot of history.
Its a place full of oppotunities and new concepts
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 23, 2016
everything was based on the performance level. I think it can improve more in terms of work distribution but with anything else it was awesome. I learned how to be responsible and how to be independent to lessen the work for the dinner service. Being a team player is the most important part of this experience but it also means teaching the responsibility not only to me but to everyone.
Fun place to work
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2016
Great pay, fun place to work and great benefits, free lunch, Vanderbilt medical facility on site. Discount on hotel rooms as low as 30$.
Pros
Free Lunch, free gym.
Cons
short breaks
Very welcoming place to work.
Event Services Associate (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDMay 26, 2016
From my hire date I experienced nothing but positivity from the staff members. I have also sharpened my customer service skills.
It was a fast paced job.
Call Center, Front Desk Concierge, & IRD (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2016
It was a fast paced job with many perks. From free lunches to company parties. If the weather was bad they would offer us free rooms. I learned how to meet guests expectations without breaking rules or giving away free things. The management acted like teachers and very insightful. My co-worker's , a lot of them have remained close friends till this day. The hardest part of my job would have to be the underground employee tunnels. Only the guests were allowed to walk in the upper atrium. The most enjoyable perk of the job was the the scenery that we worked in.
Good place to work but little room for advancement
Convention Services Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2016
A fast paced work place with a lot of great people involved in the planning and event process. I enjoy the people I work with but I feel there is little room for advancement and that the only logical move for me is one that is not a good fit.
Pros
Free Lunches, Steady Hours, Good People
Cons
Little Room for Advancement
Professional place to be , productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 13, 2016
Everone was productive. We all got a lot of work done when we worked together. I learned how to manage my time better and I had a lot of great coworkers.
I enjoyed working there. Great staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 2, 2016
Work was always fun. I met a lot of people and learned many things about house keeping. I Would go back to this job and do it all over again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short staffed
Group Housing
Group Housing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 11, 2016
On a daily basis I build multiple groups in multiple systems we use here on property. I build Plannings for Groups that would like to visit the property before their company comes in and stays with us. I make reservations for those groups. Block Suites for Groups that come in and stay on property as well as leisure guest that stay. Pulled on phone to help assist when we have a high volume of check outs and check ins. Help our Group Housing Managers build extra Mini Hotel Codes or 6-digits when necessary and assist with putting in rooming list (reservations) in our systems. Clean hotel inventory multiple times day. Make corrections to reservations that were not entered correctly so they can communicate between interfaces.
Pros
off on weekends, healthcare and benefits
Cons
working every holiday, lunches, changing policies constantly
Stressful and busy environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 6, 2016
A typical work day was sitting at my desk taking numerous phone calls for customer service needs.
I learned how to handle irate customers and excellent customer service skills.
Management was great and fair to their employees.
I like most of my co-workers and made life long friends.
The hardest part of my of the job was handling irate customers and being called every name in the book.
The most enjoyable part of my job people I worked with and free tickets to events.
Pros
Free tickets to events at the Opry and Ryman
Cons
Dealing with some customers and feeling like being chained to my desk all day long.
Nice Career
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 19, 2016
It is a good company to work for. However, it is so long from home that I had no time for anything else but work. I enjoy my co worker and guests. I also love the industry, however I am very much willing to learn something new!
Pros
Culture, co workers, my guests
Cons
Location, bad hours.
Good Experience
Media Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2016
Media Relations Coordinator was working with radio stations, interviews, advertising special events. Lobby Ambassador helping with individuals around the hotel with guidance and assistance.
Great workplace
Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2015
Great workplace for anyone who is wanting to grow in the hospitality world. Still doing great since it has become a Marriott property.
Great place.
ENGENERING/POOL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time working here. The hours were wonderful, and the people were, as well. The management, in certain areas, could've been better, as well as the advancement opportunities but, overall, it's a great place to be.
Fun workplace
Valet (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MarylandJune 22, 2015
The hourly rate sucked but the tips were great. Learned hot park fast and precisely. Management was not that great very unorganized. Co-workers were kind and genuine people. Nothing was really hard about any aspects of the job. The funnest part was to drive nice cars.
Pros
cool people to work with
Cons
No benefits
productive and fun work place
Ice attendant (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDJune 21, 2015
love working with the guest, although my days seem hard i enjoyed my work life. The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers an also dealing with some of the employees.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Review Summary
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 21, 2015
This is an enthusiastic place to work. Improvement of knowledge and skills is appreciated and encouraged. Advancement opportunities are low within the organization.

4.3