Gaylord Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Gaylord Hospital
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 18, 2016
I worked here when I was younger, not bad money for a short shift. The co-workers are very dramatic and spread rumors. While I was working there it seemed like the chefs had no idea what they were doing. If you were scheduled there was no way to take a day off even if an emergency, if so you were fired.
working enviroment was unstable
cna nursing assistant cna (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2015
since management change,not a place to work. people tried to work as a team,but you always had your back stabbers. manager of hooker 2 is not to be trusted. learned a lot while i was there,but that's about it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
schedule
Rebabliatation Tech (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 18, 2015
This place was a great place to work. It was about two staff on shift including the clinical care coordinator she was outstanding. The best part about working here was teaching Brain injured patients how to relearn skills they once new.
Pros
Small staff group
Cons
Commute
very productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 18, 2015
worked as a certified nursing assistant. Took care of patients with traumatic brain injuries and stroke patients. assisted with all of their needs.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours
amazing and productive
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 22, 2015
very productive and fast pace. I learned that a smile can change someone that is having a bad day, or even just taking the time out to communicate with the patients. my co-workers are always willing to help to get the job done. the hardest part of the day is, I feel like everything is rushed. the most enjoyable part is being able to see my patients accomplished what they came to therapy to accomplished.
Provided excellent outpatient occupational and physical therapy services to patients.
Fieldwork level 1 (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 11, 2015
The supervisor provided a learning environment for students. This fieldwork level I was hands-on and informative. I had the opportunity to develop functional activities and intervention plans that addressed the patients' occupational dysfunctions. I observed and participated in many intervention sessions. I also had the opportunity to interview patients about the impact of their health conditions on their ability to complete functional and meaningful daily activities.
Its a near nice place to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  CTApril 27, 2015
As soon as a get to work the overnight shift gives me report. Then we will get are assignment. Pass out they Breakfast trays and set them up. If they need the bedpan or bathroom before they eat. After they are done with there breakfast you pick up the trays and then take there vital signs and weights. Then you would pass out they linen. You always worked liked a team with the hoyer . Then some you would set them up to get washed and dressed for therapy. Some you would have to get them washed and dressed. bring them down for therapy. then after therapy they would have lunch. then before we leave we do are rounds as a team see who wants to lay down and need to go to the bathroom and the nurses would help you too. then at the end of the shift we would seat down and do are charting on the computer.
Pros
We would get out a half hour later for we could get a paid break.
Cons
it was too far of a drive for me everyday.
Nice place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 27, 2015
State of the Art Rehab hospital that provides team approach to the care. Staff work together to obtain the best possible outcome for their patients.
A good place to fun. Good co-workers
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 29, 2015
My day starts with me getting my assignment, getting report on the patients and doing my rounds. Everyday is different and unpredictable. It ranges from me getting stable patients to being totally chaotic. I love working with my co-workers; the are dependable and very supportive. I have learned a great deal since I started my journey at Gaylord. However, I feel like I need new challenges in order for me to continue to grow in my profession.
Pros
easy going manager
Cons
need more challenge
wonderful staff, but eliminated LPN position with little notice.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 10, 2014
I had a wonderful experience there and was able to take care of many different patients of all ages and ailments.

Want to know more about Gaylord Hospital?

Ask a question
nice view and walking trail
A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 2, 2014
My typical day at work is coming in with a plan trying to complete most of the workload. My co-workers are ok; the hardest part of the job is not enough time to finish all my work and the most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with customers, resolving the customers problems and concerns also collecting the payments for outstanding balances.
Pros
employees recognition day in the month of september.
Cons
sitting too long
Friendly work environment where everyone worked well as a team.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work was, providing care to rehab patients. Being able to see patients upgrade throughout facility, then discharge to home. I learned to monitor telemetry, peritoneal dialysis, and to draw blood from PICC lines for labs. My supervisor was understanding and approachable. My co-workers were friendly and we all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job would be losing a patient or having a sick patient with no family. Finally, the most enjoying part of the job was making a difference in your patients life, making sure you made their stay enjoyable and worry free.
Great rehab program
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 27, 2014
I loved working at gaylord. The have an amazing rehab program, and are advancing in medical technology.
Pros
great opportunities for education
Cons
too many changes in management
great patient care
LPN- Rehab (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 21, 2014
great place to enhance quality care for rehab patients.
Team based care. Variety of medically complex and rehab patients.
Pros
team based nursing
Very sanitary workplace
CNA (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 8, 2013
I work in a very fast paced environment.The Gaylord team has taught me to be the best that i can be.I have grown to be a great CNA and developed new skills along the way to further my career
Pros
great team work
Cons
short breaks
A great learning experience
Polysomnagraphy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 20, 2013
A very fair environment with very good teaching tools for staff.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 23, 2013
learned a lot about the care of the acutely injured and rehab nursing
I learned to advance in patient care
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 9, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was to come in contact with all different types of people every day and knowing that I can put a smile on their faces by just helping them with a simple task. The hardest part of the job was learning how to say goodbye to the patients whom I grew attached to and then eventually had to provide end of life care.
Excellent job.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, ConnecticutJanuary 15, 2013
Great place for growth as a nurse with great patients and great care.
Gaylord Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 8, 2012
Gaylord Hospital is a very very good place to work. Atmosphere is very supportive and warm and fuzzy. Pay is excellent compared to competetors. Managers are very accomodating with schedule. Very supportive if you furthering your education. Though it is becoming more and more acute it is a nice middle area somewhere between fast paced acute care and rehabilitation. Free parking too. Gaylord is not recognized for what it is LTAC. Many think of it as a slow pace rehab snf like facility, it is not!! It is fast paced, acute care. I reccomend to all titles to work here. The only weekness is the medical benefits and shift differentials are outdated, but we can thank the economy for this...its happening in most facilities.
Pros
team work atmosphere, good hourly wage, supported supervisors
Cons
medical benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gaylord Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2