Gaylord Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy productive office
Medical Assistant, Sleep Center (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 7, 2017
I loved working @ Gaylord Sleep Medicine Center. I started @ 4-10 hour days. The staff and upper management was fabulous to work for! Our schedule was flexible which was wonderful if you had young children at home. The hardest part of the job was trying to handle discouraged patients starting on CPAP therapy.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No room for advancement
Gaylord Hospital
Student Nurse Intern/C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CT 06492June 5, 2017
Gaylord was a fast-paced environment
As a student nurse intern/CNA I was introduced to many of the skills that I would learn in nursing school.
Management was top-of-the-line helpful and respectful.
Gaylord was a multi-cultural environment which prided itself in servicing all patients and residents to their satisfaction.
The hardest part of the job was the occasional bickering between staff that seems to happen to some extend in every organization.
The most enjoyable part of working at Gaylord was the interaction with the patients as a student nurse and CNA And the opportunities that I was able to witness in preparation of becoming a full-fledged nurse.
Pros
Gaylord has an excellent professional working enviornment
Cons
Only regret is they stopped hiring LPNS during my student work.
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 6, 2017
High-energy and devoted staff. Fast-paced atmosphere ideal for proactive and quick-thinking individuals. Supportive staff and strong community/sense of teamwork.
Favorite
CNA,SNA (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 7, 2017
I worked at Gaylord for 10 years,do to ccircumstances I had to leave.This was the most challenging rewarding job I have worked.Beautiful place to work the therapy departments are outstanging
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 18, 2016
I worked here when I was younger, not bad money for a short shift. The co-workers are very dramatic and spread rumors. While I was working there it seemed like the chefs had no idea what they were doing. If you were scheduled there was no way to take a day off even if an emergency, if so you were fired.
Specialty Care
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 20, 2016
A challenging atmosphere due to the severity of patients medical conditions. I live for challenges, so this suits me fine. Our CEO is focused on the continued success and satisfaction of our patients and families.
working enviroment was unstable
cna nursing assistant cna (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2015
since management change,not a place to work. people tried to work as a team,but you always had your back stabbers. manager of hooker 2 is not to be trusted. learned a lot while i was there,but that's about it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
schedule
Rebabliatation Tech (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 18, 2015
This place was a great place to work. It was about two staff on shift including the clinical care coordinator she was outstanding. The best part about working here was teaching Brain injured patients how to relearn skills they once new.
Pros
Small staff group
Cons
Commute
very productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 18, 2015
worked as a certified nursing assistant. Took care of patients with traumatic brain injuries and stroke patients. assisted with all of their needs.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours
amazing and productive
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 22, 2015
very productive and fast pace. I learned that a smile can change someone that is having a bad day, or even just taking the time out to communicate with the patients. my co-workers are always willing to help to get the job done. the hardest part of the day is, I feel like everything is rushed. the most enjoyable part is being able to see my patients accomplished what they came to therapy to accomplished.
Provided excellent outpatient occupational and physical therapy services to patients.
Fieldwork level 1 (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 11, 2015
The supervisor provided a learning environment for students. This fieldwork level I was hands-on and informative. I had the opportunity to develop functional activities and intervention plans that addressed the patients' occupational dysfunctions. I observed and participated in many intervention sessions. I also had the opportunity to interview patients about the impact of their health conditions on their ability to complete functional and meaningful daily activities.
Its a near nice place to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  CTApril 27, 2015
As soon as a get to work the overnight shift gives me report. Then we will get are assignment. Pass out they Breakfast trays and set them up. If they need the bedpan or bathroom before they eat. After they are done with there breakfast you pick up the trays and then take there vital signs and weights. Then you would pass out they linen. You always worked liked a team with the hoyer . Then some you would set them up to get washed and dressed for therapy. Some you would have to get them washed and dressed. bring them down for therapy. then after therapy they would have lunch. then before we leave we do are rounds as a team see who wants to lay down and need to go to the bathroom and the nurses would help you too. then at the end of the shift we would seat down and do are charting on the computer.
Pros
We would get out a half hour later for we could get a paid break.
Cons
it was too far of a drive for me everyday.
Nice place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 27, 2015
State of the Art Rehab hospital that provides team approach to the care. Staff work together to obtain the best possible outcome for their patients.
A good place to fun. Good co-workers
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 29, 2015
My day starts with me getting my assignment, getting report on the patients and doing my rounds. Everyday is different and unpredictable. It ranges from me getting stable patients to being totally chaotic. I love working with my co-workers; the are dependable and very supportive. I have learned a great deal since I started my journey at Gaylord. However, I feel like I need new challenges in order for me to continue to grow in my profession.
Pros
Easy going manager
Cons
Need more challenge
wonderful staff, but eliminated LPN position with little notice.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 10, 2014
I had a wonderful experience there and was able to take care of many different patients of all ages and ailments.
nice view and walking trail
A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 2, 2014
My typical day at work is coming in with a plan trying to complete most of the workload. My co-workers are ok; the hardest part of the job is not enough time to finish all my work and the most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with customers, resolving the customers problems and concerns also collecting the payments for outstanding balances.
Pros
employees recognition day in the month of September.
Cons
sitting too long
Friendly work environment where everyone worked well as a team.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work was, providing care to rehab patients. Being able to see patients upgrade throughout facility, then discharge to home. I learned to monitor telemetry, peritoneal dialysis, and to draw blood from PICC lines for labs. My supervisor was understanding and approachable. My co-workers were friendly and we all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job would be losing a patient or having a sick patient with no family. Finally, the most enjoying part of the job was making a difference in your patients life, making sure you made their stay enjoyable and worry free.
Great rehab program
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 27, 2014
I loved working at gaylord. The have an amazing rehab program, and are advancing in medical technology.
Pros
Great opportunities for education
Cons
too many changes in management
great patient care
LPN- Rehab (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 21, 2014
great place to enhance quality care for rehab patients.
Team based care. Variety of medically complex and rehab patients.
Pros
team based nursing
Very sanitary workplace
CNA (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 8, 2013
I work in a very fast paced environment.The Gaylord team has taught me to be the best that i can be.I have grown to be a great CNA and developed new skills along the way to further my career
Pros
Great team work
Cons
short breaks