Gaylord Specialty Healthcare Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
challenging Traumatic Brain Injury floor
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 13, 2017
I currently work on the traumatic brain injury unit. I am responsible for all aspects of patient care and safety. It is also my responsibility to multitask and maintain accurate charting of vitals, intake output, weights, re positioning and transfers of all patients and report to the incoming shift. Seeing my Patients recovery from serious accidents is definitely the most enjoyable part of working at Gaylord.
Pros
We all work as a team
Cons
prefer not to say
Very complex nursing skills needed
Charge Nurse, Unit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 4, 2017
My years as RN at Gaylord were always challenged. Challenged to become the BEST nurse. Different transferable skills learnt. Complex nursing covering TBI, Rehab, Ventilators.
Clinical experience as student only
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 15, 2017
My experience on the units of Gaylord Specialty Care was as a Nursing student only. Overall was a great experience and learned a lot. Emphasis on specialty care.
Amazing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 16, 2017
Great nurses and staff! It was a lot to learn. And you literally get to witness miracles happen on a daily basis. It was a pleasure to work here. So many great programs also for employees and the food is amazing
Challenging and Rewarding Clinical
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 26, 2017
I completed my final clinical affiliation at Gaylord and absolutely loved it. The environment was fasted paced and challenging including both patients that were medically complex as well as those with neurological conditions. I had a fantastic learning experience at this clinical affiliation.
A great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 15, 2017
I have gained a variety of clinical experience in this LTACH from rehab to complex medical patients. The teamwork within the units is exceptional. I would recommend this facility to peers and patients.
Pros
Teamwork is excellent
Cons
weekends and holiday commitment
Okay place to work
Relations (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 7, 2017
Wonderful things happen at Gaylord. The longevity is impressive. However, there isn't too much room to move up or improve significantly as many employees may not necessarily be very open to change.
Great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 15, 2017
Staff is great
patients are great as well. depending on what department you work for they're pretty lenient with your schedule.
its not a big place but you'll definitely get lost
Good for therapists, not nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 1, 2016
Great place for RTs, PTs, but if you are an RN, stay away... Turnover rate high. Nurses are working short about 50% of the time
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
High turnover rate, you need coverage for your own vacation time
Excellent quality care
Resporatory Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 19, 2015
Patient-centered care is the focus of service provided at this LTACH. The Respiratory Care Practitioners are working to improve outcomes and quality of life for all pulmonary patients in the facility.

Want to know more about Gaylord Specialty Healthcare?

Ask a question
Remarkable Facility
Intern (Former Employee) –  CTAugust 19, 2015
Gaylord is a special facility. I feel honored to have been able to intern there and experience how much the PT/OTs really care for their patients.