GAYLORD TEXAN

GAYLORD TEXAN Employer Reviews

Amazing fun resort with amazing food
ICE! Attractions Attendant (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXAugust 24, 2013
Pros: paid for lunch.
Cons: it was far too drive from where i was. however it was worth it.
Everything and everyone was amazing. I learned to give it my all and enjoyed every bit of my experience. Even when you have to get stuff done, have fun too. Makes it easier.
Great Place to work
INTERNATIONAL RECRUITER (Current Employee), Grapevine, TexasAugust 6, 2013
Gaylord Texan is a great place to work, from day one you are provided with great training and they already make you feel as part of the big Gaylord family.
Very strong culture, with a high importance on customer service.
Lead Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXDecember 20, 2012
Pros: great benefits, friendly co-workers, great clientele base
Cons: rotating management, working holidays
I have been at the Gaylord for almost six years now, I believe this is one of the best companies to work for. They offer exceptional benefits such as insurance, 401k, as well as very competitive wages. Most importantly the Gaylord is very loyal to their employees and puts them first. That is actually their motto- "Stars first", at the Gaylord employees – more... are referred to as STARS.

The Gaylord instills a strong core in each star from day one regarding customer service. We are taught to drive sales while maintaining a 5 star level of customer service. The company relies on their STARS to be the front line in securing repeat business through the establishment of relationships with our customers.

Being a lead at the company I have learned how to manage not only customers but my peers, and know that I lead by example more than by voice. I have learned the importance of time management and self motivation. The Gaylord is a multi-faceted company which leaves management thinnly spread, allowing leads the ability to make decisions on their own.

The Gaylord is a company most people stay with for long periods of time due to how well they treat their STARS. With that being said I have worked with many of the same people for the last 6 years and have become like family with them.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers, however through the training the Gaylord has provided and the experience of being in the field for 8 years I have learned that most of the time the customer is just frustrated, most likely not at you but from a previous experience. When this experience happens it is then my responsibilty to leave them with a pleasant experience. More often then not you can turn the customer around by simply asking questions as to what they are lacking and providing a friendly smile.

The most enjoyable part of my job is most definitly interacting with customers as well as the fast pace sales. I enjoy meeting new people and allowing them to introduce new ideas and thoughts to me, as well as me doing the same with them. – less
Great place
CSR (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 8, 2012
Pros: great place
great employee's, wonderful place to work for. Great benefits
Fun worklace
Cook (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free gym
Cons: cold
team work, we are like a family the work is very hard but always we try to help everybody.

About GAYLORD TEXAN

From¬†Patsy Cline¬†and Johnny Cash to Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn, the halls of this former church have heard some of country – Read more