GAYLORD TEXAN Employee Reviews

Temporary
snow patrol (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 13, 2016
Giving the customers a safe fun experience with a giant snow slide. While working for the Gaylord Texan for there winter event. I learned fast traveled slides and the construction of building it. The mechanics of the snow maker machine. Guiding customers to the destinations while leading and giving direction to other people I worked with. The hardest part was keeping the snow soft and fluffy. Also making the snow was the fun part.
Pros
snow
Cons
Temporary
Always Keeps You Busy
Hostess/Barista (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Working for the Gaylord is an amazing experience, you learn a little bit more about yourself each day. As a hostess at the Gaylord, you interact with many different customers, and you get a lot of questions, so you must know your stuff. Knowing your stuff means knowing the different areas of the hotel, knowing your servers, and knowing the menu. Because you receive a lot questions, you're always on your toes and you're always busy. The hardest part of the job is being on a waitlist, when you have a two hour wait, and you have to deal with perturbed customers. That's when it's time for you to take a breather, maybe about ten minutes, recoup and comeback to your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working along side of your other employees, it definitely helps you come out your shell, and allows you to meet new people.
Pros
Meal Credit, Cross Training, Flexible with Your Schedule, Traveling to other Countries
Cons
Irrate customers, slow periods
Fun place to work, and I do mean work
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 2, 2015
All in all, working at the Gaylord gave me some of the best memories of my short life, however that could be because while working there, I spent my entire life there. Gaylord does seek for individuals of higher caliber, but this also means usually we were understaffed, and therefore overworked. The pay was amazing, but especially during peak time don't expect to remain at 40 hours. Still fun, and I'd do it again, but just be careful what you're getting into, because it's a commitment.
Pros
Fun, Friendly, and decent pay
Cons
Lots of work to do, and recently they've become a bit cheaper.
It was a fun environment and work place.
Character Performer (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 16, 2015
It was a great opportunity to work at the Gaylord Texan. I was a great experience that taught me a lot, especially in the hospitality work-field. I met a lot of great people while working there. Being able to make kids smile, laugh and families have an AWESOME experience was the best part of working there.
A fun place to work
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 22, 2015
Gaylord Texan is a great place to work and we believe in flawless service for our guest.
I have been there 11 years and very little turnover. I word every holiday and that gets tough. The most enjoyable part about the job is knowing we make a difference.
Pros
free lunch free parking
Cons
expensive insurance
fun place
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 29, 2015
seems like magic from outside but backstage is different related to attitudes and teamwork, but the job itself is very rewarding and is a beautifull place to work in
benefits
Cons
managers don't gives you enough info
Amazing fun resort with amazing food
ICE! Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 24, 2013
Everything and everyone was amazing. I learned to give it my all and enjoyed every bit of my experience. Even when you have to get stuff done, have fun too. Makes it easier.
Pros
paid for lunch.
Cons
it was far too drive from where i was. however it was worth it.
Creative design specialist
Creative Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TexasMarch 3, 2015
I managed a team of 10 fabricators and artist. Our goal was to produce the best product that we could. I was know for bringing ideas and drawings to life.
Fun place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Really liked working at the Gaylord. It is just hard to move up in the company. Mangers are are cool and the staff is fun to be around.
Pros
free food
Cons
hard to advance.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 28, 2014
We focuse on labor, scheduling, forecast, and how you customize the cost, overall the business. To provide good constant quality service to the guests.
Great Place to work
INTERNATIONAL RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TexasAugust 6, 2013
Gaylord Texan is a great place to work, from day one you are provided with great training and they already make you feel as part of the big Gaylord family.
productive
Spa Concierge (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TxJanuary 6, 2014
come to work. turn on the computer check people in and out. also make appointments and show the guests around the spa.
Pros
lunch break and benefits
Cons
late closing
Fun worklace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 27, 2014
team work, we are like a family the work is very hard but always we try to help everybody.
Pros
free lunch, free gym
Cons
cold
Great place
CSR (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 8, 2012
great employee's, wonderful place to work for. Great benefits
Pros
great place
Very strong culture, with a high importance on customer service.
Lead Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 20, 2012
I have been at the Gaylord for almost six years now, I believe this is one of the best companies to work for. They offer exceptional benefits such as insurance, 401k, as well as very competitive wages. Most importantly the Gaylord is very loyal to their employees and puts them first. That is actually their motto- "Stars first", at the Gaylord employees are referred to as STARS.

The Gaylord instills a strong core in each star from day one regarding customer service. We are taught to drive sales while maintaining a 5 star level of customer service. The company relies on their STARS to be the front line in securing repeat business through the establishment of relationships with our customers.

Being a lead at the company I have learned how to manage not only customers but my peers, and know that I lead by example more than by voice. I have learned the importance of time management and self motivation. The Gaylord is a multi-faceted company which leaves management thinnly spread, allowing leads the ability to make decisions on their own.

The Gaylord is a company most people stay with for long periods of time due to how well they treat their STARS. With that being said I have worked with many of the same people for the last 6 years and have become like family with them.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers, however through the training the Gaylord has provided and the experience of being in the field for 8 years I have learned that most of the time the customer is just frustrated, most likely not at you but from a previous experience. When this experience
  more... happens it is then my responsibilty to leave them with a pleasant experience. More often then not you can turn the customer around by simply asking questions as to what they are lacking and providing a friendly smile.

The most enjoyable part of my job is most definitly interacting with customers as well as the fast pace sales. I enjoy meeting new people and allowing them to introduce new ideas and thoughts to me, as well as me doing the same with them.
Pros
great benefits, friendly co-workers, great clientele base
Cons
rotating management, working holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAYLORD TEXAN. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2