Gaylord

Gaylord Employer Reviews

Trucker/Shipping and Recieving/Assistant machinist
Assistant Machinist/Shipping/Trucker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2013
I enjoyed working here. Long hours, great pay, very challenging, would like to return, many years of hard work here,great benefits and wonderful people to work with.
Housemen Duties
Housemen (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDOctober 29, 2013
• VACUUM HALLWAYS ON ASSIGNED FLOORS OF THE HOTEL
• CLEAN ASSIGNED GUEST ROOMS ACCORDING TO PROCEDURES
• MAKING BEDS
• REPLENISHING LINENS
• CLEANING BATHROOMS
Working for Gaylord was an adventure everyday and stimulating and a great learning experience.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 15, 2012
Pros: the benefits, dry cleaning and training opportunities.
Cons: the hotel is so big that it is hard to touch every single guest.
A typical day at Gaylord was exciting and rewarding.
I learned a lot about managing in the fact that there was a lot of planning in advance to be successful and you needed to be adaptable to last minute changes as well..
Management was very positive and willing to give you the tools and training you needed to do your job.
I enjoyed my co-workers and – more... appreciated the feedback that I received from them.
The hardest part of the job was parking.
The most rewarding part of my job at Gaylord was interacting with guest and helping them have a great and memorable experience while they were at the hotel. – less
a good place to work
Group Housing Coordinator (Current Employee), National Harbor, MDNovember 4, 2012
Pros: parking in the garage and lunch being paid for
Cons: not always having the support of my fellow agents, being lumped in with those that dont enjoy what the do.
I have enjoyed my time at Gaylord and have loved being a housing coordinator. I have met and maintained contact with clients as well as continue to work with repeat groups who have asked me to stay on as their coordinator. my typical day is filled with e mails and audits of room blocks, checking inventory for sales, helping my fellow coordinators, rooms – more... control and the front desk. I have learned so much at this job and want to continue to grow and learn new things. The hardest part of my job is really nothing. I love being busy. – less
I worked at Tate, Gaylord, Lucas, Purdom & Workman for 14 years.
Tate, Gaylord, Lucas, Purdom & Workman (Former Employee), Greensboro, North CarolinaAugust 14, 2012
Pros: flexible, fair, kind, i learned a lot in 14 years.
Cons: i can't think of anything bad. it was just sad the business closed.
This was the best working environment a person could have. I could not have asked for anymore. They were fair in every way a company could be. I was very sad for the firm to close. I worked with the same people for many years.