GC Services Employee Reviews

Discrimination
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 10, 2017
Discrimination at this place and favoritism they have many discrimination complaints with the State of Texas they treat workers too bad this place is a little jungle
Na
Financial Services Representative/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 10, 2017
Work fast, don’t miss too many days. Get along well with others, never judge a book by its cover. I enjoyed my job I worked there 3 years and enjoyed all 3 years management needed a little work but other than that everything was fine. You only get to miss 10 days! Only!
Its a job, thats about it
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MODecember 7, 2017
0 benefits, no paid vacation no pto insurance is expensive pay starts at 10.50pr hr 11.50 is the pay cap which doesn't feel like enough for the constant verbal abuse you receive from customers, you will rarely ever hear a kind word or compliment, you will be called names, insulted and threatened by customers who all think they are better than you yet fail to understand the concept of paying their bills. It's a pretty boring job, it just doesn't feel worth the pay when jack in the box pays more and offers benefits
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, low pay, constantly insulted by customers
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 7, 2017
The training was great however the job is not for everyone. There was a high turnover rate, but some people were not cut out for the job. I happened to advance quickly and loved the atmosphere there. If it weren't for moving, I probably wouldn't have left.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 6, 2017
Good place to work at. I just needed part time and that wasn’t an option so I had to quit, but other then that it’s was a very good time to me not bad at all.
productive
CSA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2017
What I liked about working at GC Services was the experience and knowledge I was able to take away with me. The management was friendly. The hardest part of the job was sitting on the phone listening to people talk down to you.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
pay
Worse place ive worked
Phone Representative Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 5, 2017
Managers attitudes were horrible. HR would not help you with anything. I had medical problems and a major surgery and they made me sign a paper saying I would willfully resign if not returned in a certain time period, and I was on short term disability at that. The raises there were like a quarter per year I work there for 8 years and full raises every year and advanced 3 times and my pay only went up $4. For the amount of work this company wants you to do they don't want to pay you for what they expect.
Pros
Cons
Eveything about the company
Great company
Customer Service Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 4, 2017
I started out as an agent answering phones and got promoted to Quality assurance. Then I was promoted to management and left to manage a team of 45 associates.
VZT Telecom agagent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at GC Services, and the people i worked with. Everyone was generous and hard working for the time i clocked in, until the time i clocked out.
Inbound call center
Banker (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WV 25705December 3, 2017
A banker for inbound call center helped customers with account balance, deposits, transfers, debit cards, online banking, loan applications and fraud.
Pros
$3.00 incentive bonus plus a complementary call bonus, got to bring food in once a week, was praised when you done a good job!
Cons
Wok schedule wasn't the best.
Fast paced but nice understanding staff and nice coworkers
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33805December 2, 2017
I left for personal reasons but it is a good job and they train you enough before you start working so you fully understand what you're doing. They pay isn't bad.
No longer exist
Operator/Directory Assistance Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 2, 2017
This company has outsourced overseas. It was a call center environment of people who provided directory assistance to over 17 states through MCI WorldCom.
Stay clear
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2017
Turn over rate VERY HIGH. Unperfessional, 3rd tire collections agency so VERY HARD to collect. If you don't hit your budget then you get written up...
Best place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2017
GC Services was the best place I ever worked. It was challenging and stressful but the end of the day we all we just there to earn a paycheck just to talk on the phone.
Pros
Assigned break times
Cons
Lunch was too short
It's what YOU make of it, for your paycheck!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 1, 2017
While I've only been with GC Services for a short time, I've seen that management is very supportive. The people that have a problem with this company are the ones that are late to work, call off, or take long breaks. The pay structure gives you (the employee) the opportunity to give 'yourself' bonus pay per hour. Be on time for work, follow procedure for answering customers' calls, be on time for work, be polite with the customers on the phone (hard sometimes, but you can do it), be on time for work, and communication with management...oh, yeah, did I mention....be on time for work! Your attendance is the biggest factor with your weekly bonuses. Mandatory overtime days are rough with only 30 min breaks on those days, but certainly do-able twice a week.
Pros
Supportive management team, competitive pay, empowerment to 'help' yourselves with pay extras
Cons
mandatory overtime days with only 30 min lunches.
G c
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 30, 2017
I went to work for GC know that they have a high turn over rate. I now know why poor management. They don't care about their employee's and they don't pay you enough for the drama you have to tolerate.
Pros
Was far from my home.
Cons
They don't pay enough
Very average office experience
Non Management Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2017
Benefits and compensation are unequal to the expectation of work given to the employees. Opportunity for advancement is virtually nonexistent. Commitment to employees and clients are not paramount concerns to management.
Productive workplace, play games while you work, managers are ok.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXNovember 28, 2017
Gc is a temporary workplace. Used as a stepping stool its not a hard job at all. Easy training basic workplace problems. Pay is low considering the hassles. But its a ok place to get on your feet.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
No paid time off
fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 27, 2017
when shift begins, employee must be signed in and taking calls. allow at least 15 minutes prior to shift to locate a work station, and prepare computer for work start. Don't even pull out your cell phone during shift
Pros
repetitious
Cons
Saturday work if you are late
good place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 26, 2017
I represented accounts that were from citibank. I interacted with customers regarding their accounts and assisted them with finding good outcomes to help resolve their accounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.