GC Services Employee Reviews in United States

Professional work place
SALES COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 28, 2016
Answering calls and collectiong payments professionally taught me to use friendly attitude with other customers as good managemet taught me and my co workers. The hardest part of the job was working with angry customers and the most enjoyble part of my job was hanging up with a happy customer when the call was finished.
If I could not give stars I would
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2016
The management is terrible, a lot of favoritism. They harass you if you don't meet your budget, even if you are doing your daily duties but can't help the fact people ignore collection calls. My grandfather passed away and I missed two days, they called me and said we don't care when will you be back to make us money. How heartless of a company. They don't care about you as a person at all.
Unprofessional
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 21, 2016
I was unfortunate to be a employee with this company, This company is very unprofessional , its the management that is the problem for the most part.They micro manage and favoritism is the norm. Their is a lot of "clicks" and they hire alot of young people out of high school that are immature and unprofessional. The company is really cheap too for customer appreciation day we had a catered lunch but then they tried to sell left overs to the employees the next day. The chairs and head sets for the representatives are usually broken. You do not have a assigned desk so other multiple people use the same headset, very unsanitary. its a negative and unhealthy work environment, The management micromanages and gossips about employees.. The call center in general is just unprofessional and poor.It was the worst company I have worked for. The pay is very poor, I was a top rep for this company and my raise for 2 years in a row was 5 cents.
Pros
Cons
cheap, unprofessional, unhealthy, call center equipment in poor condition, favoritism, no advancement opportunities
Mercedes project
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 21, 2016
MB management was very belittling and talks down.
Overturn out as well people don't last due to bad head management
Manager were really good
Made you feel uncomfortable wasn't able to enjoy a simple conversation when calls level was down.
It felt like a prison ..everything and anything was monitored and gave warning out like candy
Pay wasn't enough to stay !! !
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Management, pay and cant request days off
I Love The Incentives
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXApril 15, 2016
Typical day was relaxed unless we were inbound. I learned how to offer extension and use multiple different computer systems. Management changed really often. Co-workers were very motivating. Hardest part is not getting payments. Most enjoyable part was helping customers get the accounts current.
Fun Working place
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOApril 12, 2016
This place was more of a team oriented environment. Everyone came to work everyday with high spirits and smiles on their face. We played a lot of brain challenging games.
unprofessional and horrible account rep to manager comunication
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2016
this is the worst job ive ever had there is lots of drama among the co-workers. managers are unprofessional there is no confidentiality when talking to mangers about production or personal issues.
Call Center
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 10, 2016
Typical day was being on the computer and on the phone constantly. I enjoyed getting calls were I was able to resolve a customers issue or relieve any concerns. Their chains of management are very well set out and organized. The hardest part of working here was being confined to a single seat at a desk and not being able to really interact with my coworkers and not working face to face with the public. I learned a lot of computer skills here and my typing increased and the opportunities to advance were always available to those who sought them out.
beautiful environment to work in
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. I would still be working there if I didn't have to move back to spfld. I loved the job and the people. The environment and the atmosphere. They were all amazing.
I loved my job
Verizon Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 5, 2016
Working for GC was great I would have stayed but I moved I really wish I could go back. They are great to their employee. GC works with you if you need it and they understand that you have a personal life.
co workers
Account Representative/Credit Department (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 30, 2016
I love working with my co workers when I worked there. I just got along with everyone there. and I would go back there to work there for temp
Description
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 25, 2016
Fast paced working environment
stand on feet for multiple hours
scheduled lunches and breaks
greet customers with smile
positive environment
Worst job Ive ever had
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 23, 2016
GM runs scam at local church
HR manager sleeps around & spreads gossip
Rules only apply to certain people
Its like working in a prison camp. Your treated overall bad. They threaten your job daily and have the highest turn over ive ever seen.
They fudge numbers to DOE on borrowers incomprogramke payments low
Then act as if its not thier fault you cant complete the program.
Firing people who are legitimately sick or with a disability
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
No breaks. Illegal practices. Fire someone daily
Fun place to work, but pay is low
Contractor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 22, 2016
I, personally, worked for various departments for the company in the 10+ years working there and each department was enjoyable. The management team varied, mostly good but a couple of overly strict managers, and any people that advanced above an operator were treated poorly by a particular manager. Co workers were fun people to work with. The hardest part of the job is the schedule you get when you first join the company since schedules are picked by seniority, but once you get your seniority in, you get some very good schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a set schedule, sick pay, vacation pay, and holiday pay.
Pros
Set schedules, holiday/vacation/sick pay
Cons
No holidays off (unless scheduled off), pay is too low
Okay Company
Account Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMarch 17, 2016
Typical day at work was 8hrs with no overtime. Learned about cell phone bills. Management needs major improvement. Co-workers were ok. Hardest part of my job was dealing with upset customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the day.
Pros
The pay is ok
Cons
Need better management
Horrible!
COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee) –  LAKELAND,FLMarch 17, 2016
Horrible place to work! They do not pay enough to have to deal with the emotional stress that customers put on you each day. If you enjoy getting yelled at with only 1 15 minute break a day than be my guest!!.
Pros
PAID BREAK/LUNCH
Cons
EVERYTHING
Horrible Employer
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 7, 2016
This organization has a high turnover rate because it does not value its employees. The overall rating of this organization is poor because there are major changes needed in every aspect.
Pros
Cons
ALL
Management focused on the qality and the quantity of our work.
Directory Assistance Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 6, 2016
As a Directory assistance phone operator speed and courtesy were important parts of the job. It was important to direct the calls with as little information as was needed as fast as possible.
An amazing place to work.
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 4, 2016
In my time at GC Services, you undergo a rigorous training process, where the supervisors and trainers make sure you have the knowledge that you need to succeed. There was always a team member ready to help if you need it. There was also an incentive plan that keeps you motivated, as well as plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible schedules, great team leadership.
Cons
Short breaks
great company overall
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2016
I was in financial services and the management was horrible I was promoted within 6 months due to my performance displayed on the job but the some members of management were very bias with decision making and sometimes very inconsiderate. The starting pay is very low but if you stick with it you can get quarterly raises. I love my job over all because I was a good worker and did what I was suppose to do. Overall, I left this company because of the rate of pay. They do give out performance bonuses when you are doing well and offer coaching to improve performance.
Pros
clean with own personal working space
Cons
rate of pay