GC Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,401 reviews matching the search
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOApril 9, 2016
Working at GC Services has improved my customer services skill and has taught me how to commit to something and not just give up. The program and training was so easy and understandable. Most co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with, working at GC Services taught us how to be there for one another. When managers were not available to help new hire on, you could always depend on another co-worker that has experiences and know what there doing as well as a manager would to help you out. The hardest part was learning to be humble and patient with an upset customer, to learn and understand where there're coming from when they calling in angry. The most enjoyable part about the job was when you help a customer out and they finally are satisfied with the services you provided them.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
short breaks
productive but slow environment
Apple online rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 17, 2016
I'd clock in and get into my program. I'd turn my phone on and I'd take calls. Calls would range from support help with products or transferring customers to the correct department. iTunes was the hardest part of my job because they do not have a direct support system. They work through email confrmations and this often times frustrated customers that needed help right away. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers. Between calls I'd play music and be the team DJ to bring some fun to the atmosphere.
Pros
location is near other fast food places, I loved the people I worked with
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, high turn over rate
Solid introduction to mid-size office setting
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOApril 10, 2016
Depending upon which supervisor you are hired by, there is a good degree of autonomy in the work-day. Work environment is very lax for most, with goals structured around months as opposed to weeks. Dress code is very "relaxed" to put it mildly. Company culture and work ethic could use improvement. A typical day consists mainly of working with the many office systems in an effort to support clients in the employees "assigned portfolio of accounts". The most common tasks include sending emails and talking on the phone with vendors and A/P departments and building a professional relationship with these people. The company is very stingy in terms of vacation days and sick leave. For example a person who started work after Sept. 15th 2016 will not be eligible for vacation until 2018. Lunches are not paid and are half-an-hour. Employees are very friendly and if there is a question that needs answering you only need walk a few feet away.
Overall, ok place to work.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Weldon SpringsJune 27, 2015
A typaical day seemed like we literally hit the floor running. The job itself was very interesting and very fun at times. However, if you're not a person to be on the phones constantly this job isn't for you. A call comes in and you have to take it and you never know who is on the other end of the receiver. If you're not in the mood that day it can go from bad to worse real quick. Overall, I learned new things and the crossover training was always a plus.
Pros
raises/ benefits
Cons
constant customer harassment
Team-oriented environment makes work enjoyable.
Student Loan Collections (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 18, 2016
Work days begin from where you left off from the previous day. Unless on a campaign to call customers, you're skip-tracing customers to encourage debt resolution. Meetings are plentiful to keep up with collection laws & regulations. People are fun to work with & have always had great relationships with management.
Pros
Fun people to work with, management is great too, opportunities to advance & transfer are there.
Cons
low pay, high performance demands, heavy politics/favoritism
a great first job.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 20, 2016
GC Services is a place that truly will help you get experience with handling customers for the first time and learning how to effectively handle a call center environment. With that being said GC Services is by no means a place of permanent employment. There is no such thing as advancing yourself there and advancing your pay. I can't even say each step up is a lateral move, because you move up, to handle more work, but get paid the exact same. Spanish agents get paid more than actual management there who do literally so much. Aside from moving up, maybe that's not your goal. Well now you still have to deal with the high level of immaturity that goes through each department. In the two years of working there it's so strange how much gossip spread around as if I was in high school all over again. Not only from agents, management is no better. So if you want an easy first job or something to look good on your resume, this is a good start. Just don't waste your time thinking you will make something special out of this place.
Pros
helps get customer service experience
Cons
no advances in the company possible
Contractor
Customer Financial Analyst-Big Business (Current Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MOMarch 1, 2016
As a contractor their main concern is you are sitting in your chair so they can bill for your time. You have to put in a schedule change to go to the doctor or any other personal errand. If you don't make up the time you get a demerit.

Even though you accrue sick time if you use it you receive a demerit.

I enjoyed the work and my supervisor was actually from the parent company and very nice. The parent company tried to make the contractors feel as they were equal to our counter parts but GC's rules made that impossible.
Pros
If you didn't have any demerit and didn't miss anytime you could earn up to 4 free vacation days
Cons
No sick time, hard to take time off for doctor or personal business
fun work place
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 6, 2016
I love working here everyday you come to work and work your hardest if something is going on the managers would always help to the best of there ability to help you. I learned a lot of my skills here how to handle customers when they get angry, I know how to control the call and calm. The managers and co workers are amazing I love working with everyone. The hardest part of the job is trying to remember that when you are on a call and if someone starts yelling or just saying some negative things you have to remember its not you its them. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping and making peoples day when you get there account corrected or if you can help them out with there payment its the best part of the job.
Pros
vending machines
Cons
healthcare
Flexible and fun
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXSeptember 16, 2015
I loved to worked at GC Services, LP. Flexibles schedules. The bonuses and pay raise was great. I would love to go and work there again.
Pros
Prices and bonuses
Cons
Health Care and permanency
Unprofessional
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 21, 2016
I was unfortunate to be a employee with this company, This company is very unprofessional , its the management that is the problem for the most part.They micro manage and favoritism is the norm. Their is a lot of "clicks" and they hire alot of young people out of high school that are immature and unprofessional. The company is really cheap too for customer appreciation day we had a catered lunch but then they tried to sell left overs to the employees the next day. The chairs and head sets for the representatives are usually broken. You do not have a assigned desk so other multiple people use the same headset, very unsanitary. its a negative and unhealthy work environment, The management micromanages and gossips about employees.. The call center in general is just unprofessional and poor.It was the worst company I have worked for. The pay is very poor, I was a top rep for this company and my raise for 2 years in a row was 5 cents.
Pros
Cons
cheap, unprofessional, unhealthy, call center equipment in poor condition, favoritism, no advancement opportunities
It is a good job to have while looking forsomething within your career field.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Weldon SpringsJuly 28, 2015
The job was enough to make ends meet but with the constant change in policies and the poor treatment of its none management employees makes applicants constantly continue to look for better employment.
Pros
Monthly fun contests within the department.
Cons
Short breaks, poor employee treatment and benefits.
Love seeing agents succeed
Trainer/QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 1, 2015
Job at GC Services is training new collection agents for their position and also as a Q&A specialist - listing to calls to make sure they are adhering to the project practices.
Pros
people
Cons
salary
Collection agency
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
Worst place I ever work for in my life. Their 401 plan is a joke, they think it was a great deal to match at 4%. Last place I worked they matched at 50%. Holidays are the lowest I ever heard of, what professional company does not give employees the day after Thanksgiving off. When Houston flooded and employees could not make it into work they made those employees take a vacation day. They even made employees wade through the flood waters to perform their job, no concern about the safety of those employee.
Pros
NONE
Average Work Place
Treasury Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2015
This is your average work place. Your work load is reasonable if you are trained well. Do not expect big fancy company parties.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor benefits
awesome customers, great employees
Apple online customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 22, 2016
We start our day by logging into our computers, and start taking calls right away. We learn how to make changes to the customers orders if needed. While working at a customer service call center, I've learned how to change a bad situation into a great one. The key to customer service is relating and engaging with the customers no matter what the situation is. Id say the hardest part about the job is having to get the upset customers to understand that we are only human and doing our best to help with their difficult situations, of course in the most respectable manner.. The most enjoyable part about my job is knowing you made a difference in their life and receiving positive feedback in the surveys.
Pros
discounts on apple products
Cons
short lunches and breaks, low pay
Average Call cfenter
Call Center Representative- Fraud Dept (Current Employee) –  st.louisSeptember 25, 2015
Taking calls in the fraud department. Very simple as long as you follow the correct guidelines. You get 3 breaks during the day. Unlimited overtime.
Pros
pay is always on time, benifits
Cons
micromanaged
Did inbound calls & I loved it
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 11, 2016
As a call representative I listened & responded to customers’ needs & concerns. Provided information about products & services. Took orders, determined charges, & oversee billing or payments. Reviewed or make changes to customer accounts. Handled returns or complaints. Recorded details of customer contacts & actions taken. Researched answers or solutions as needed. Referred customers to supervisors, managers, or others who can help.​
Pros
I gained clerical skills
Cons
Breaks & Lunch is small
Call Center
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 10, 2016
Typical day was being on the computer and on the phone constantly. I enjoyed getting calls were I was able to resolve a customers issue or relieve any concerns. Their chains of management are very well set out and organized. The hardest part of working here was being confined to a single seat at a desk and not being able to really interact with my coworkers and not working face to face with the public. I learned a lot of computer skills here and my typing increased and the opportunities to advance were always available to those who sought them out.
Predictable
Capitol One Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJuly 6, 2015
You'd guess it. Pretty much how its seen. Work hard, harder, hardest, and you can still have the worst day ever. Thats all on the customers though. You cant have a set scheudle do to the high turn over rate, but if you can stick it, usuallly you'll have an okay check and benefits are really only for management, so thats not fun.
Worst job Ive ever had
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 23, 2016
GM runs scam at local church
HR manager sleeps around & spreads gossip
Rules only apply to certain people
Its like working in a prison camp. Your treated overall bad. They threaten your job daily and have the highest turn over ive ever seen.
They fudge numbers to DOE on borrowers incomprogramke payments low
Then act as if its not thier fault you cant complete the program.
Firing people who are legitimately sick or with a disability
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
No breaks. Illegal practices. Fire someone daily