GC Services

GC Services United States Employee Reviews

physically easy but can be mentally challenging
Collections Agent (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 13, 2015
Physically easy working in front of computer and calling and receiving calls from customers. Mentally challenging due to some customers being uncooperative. I have learned through this employment on how accounts work and how to deal with customers of all types. Coworkers are pretty easy to get along with. Management will do their best to work with your scheduling needs
VZT Refund Analyst (Former Employee), Weldon Spring, MOApril 9, 2015
Pros: Attendace is most of your raise
Cons: Working extra hard does not usually mean extra bonus'
attendance is 97% of your review, which is up to a 5% raise for the first 2 years, every 6 months. Then annually after the 2 years.
Great Place to get Experience
CORe Business Agent (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: paid time for lunch
When coming through training, I got to meet several people who worked their way up to management quickly. Now that I'm out of training, and have been in production the goals are clearer.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2015
This job was dealing with school age kids , cleaning , feeding kids. Also was a teacher for night care. hardest part of this job was making minimum wage.
Collections
Account Representative (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 7, 2015
Pros: Learning experiences, pay, and benefits.
Cons: Lots of employees on drugs.
I started out as an Account Rep, was liason to me supervisor, trained new employees, and Q/A (quality assursance). I learned everything about the joib from starting out doing collections to learning supervisor positions. I knew everything about the job except what human resources did.
It was'nt that bad
Janitor (Former Employee), Olympia, WAApril 7, 2015
Pros: off on the weekends, paid training
Cons: getting paid on time, do not have sick days
a janitorial job was my first janitor job, so I learned how to clean in an efficient way. Management was okay. Hardest part was/is I had worked over the holidays and I never got paid for it, and I am still fighting to get my pay. Was laid off, and did have any other opportunities
Typical call center
Customer Finance Services - Escalations Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 7, 2015
Pros: Financial Security
Cons: Too many people, you're just a number
Very large call center. Management seems spread too thin. If you aren't friends with the right people, consider yourself stuck in a dead-end job.
GOOD
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: MEH
Cons: EVERYTHING
GC Services made me depressed the customers are all terrible and the lack of people who actually know how to do their job is astounding i found myself being yelled at by customers all the time who were upset because of another person in my departments short comings when it could have been resolved easily from the get go. They focused too much on keeping their average handle time down to the lowest number possible they forget what really matters, the customer themselves.
great place to work
Revenue Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOApril 1, 2015
easy job, strict rules sometimes. i would go back. depending on the department managers are cool and easy to get along with. sucks that you only get a raise based on attendance not how you work
El Paso Tx FedEx
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), texasMarch 26, 2015
Pros: co workers were awsome!!!
Cons: EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately the worse company I've ever worked for. Managment had their favorites. Qa was also so bitter and had favorites as well. You get occurrences for everything even with doctors notes. The main boss doesn't care about you or whatever situation you'd be going thru and would make you want to quit. The restrooms were horrible smelly and very disgusting. We were contracted with fedex and thats easy but the managment makes you not want to go to work. Never would go back even if they paid me more too.
stable job
Senior Assitant Manager (Current Employee), Irwindale, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: stable job, learn basics on collectons
Cons: if you leave on time your considered a clock watcher
good employer overall, learn basics on collections, you can grow with in the company, management tries to stay positive with contest for the agent (no manager contest but there are bonus incentive which are hard to reach)
Always interesting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: time off
Cons: unemployment during summer
Driving daily, fours hour breaks between transport times, lots of days off because of school schedule. Summer, spring and winter breaks were great.
Above average opportunity for advancement
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2015
Contract call center environment. Good training program. High turn over provides plenty of opportunities for advancement. Reasonable management and benefits typical for the industry.
GC
Account Representative/Manager in Training (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 16, 2015
Account Representative/Manager in Training
Primary responsibilities are ensuring a safe and pleasant environment to work in. Enforce positive encouragement throughout the call center floor to increase production and to motivate individuals to perform at their best. Was a member of the committee that developed and created events to support charity foundations. Managed a team of 10 account representatives and delivered weekly reports, tracked performance, handled call reviews, file reviews, monthly performance reviews, and daily performance reports. Coached agents on performance and handled all disciplinary actions including verbal coaching, written coaching and separations of employment. A customer focused individual with 6 years of experience working in a fast pace call center environment dealing with a diverse client base. Have extensive knowledge of call center metrics, operations and workforce management.
Selected Contributions:
• Managed day to day operations of a government contracted call center, handling collections of federally insured debt.
• Build performance tracking reports, spread sheets, flyers, training materials.
• Track employee’s performance throughout the day, knowledge of CMS, AVAYA.
• Encourage agents to perform their best, coach and train agents to help better their performance.
• Review files for proper documentation, ensure that all agents are following company policy and abiding by FDCPA, CFPB.
• Review and monitor agents calls to ensure they are following policies and assisting clients to the best of their ability, and ensuring they are providing the best customer support.
• Develop and deliver a monthly performance evaluation to each employee.
Not a good job for long term.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: people that i worked with.
Cons: the whole work enviorment! not having the training that you need to do your job and the pay stinks.
I worked at GC Services as a Customer Rep for Apple. GC Services is a subcontractor for Apple. The Service they provide is horrible to the customer unless it's a "quick fix". You have to raise your hand if you need help with something you don't know anything about because the training you received was substandard. (Note: the trainer I had was wonderful.) But, we needed more real training instead of drawing pictures. The whole working in a group in training wasn't a good idea either. Working independently is a much better way to learn. Once your thrown out on the floor you get a couple of days of "Y'ing" in with someone else then your put on the phone to fend for yourself. There are lots of times that you put your hand up and there are NO floor walkers and no managers there to answer your questions so you have to ask coworkers. Your forced to come to work sick so yes everyone else gets sick as well and you just keep passing it around so the whole call center stays sick. And God forbid that you have to be out sick and miss days then that's an occurrence. EVEN with a doctors note it's an occurrence. And EVERYTHING is an occurrence!!!! Being a few seconds late is an occurrence, signing in early is an occurrence. They think the workforce is disposable. They would make more money if they focused on retention of their employees rather then "it's ok if they leave we can always get someone else". The pay stinks and they keep adding on more work for you to do. Things that other people got promoted for and got a raise for now you have to do it for free. Then your told "It's part of your – more... job." Well, no if someone else got promoted for that job with a raise then NO it's not MY job to do theirs for free. The last training I had was a joke. The instructor was only in the class for half the time and had "friends" in the class that she chatted with most of the class time. Not to mention that she was late daily while we all had to stand around and wait on her. They stuffed 28 people into a classroom meant for maybe 14 people with no open windows or doors for air! We were stuffed in that class for a week. Also being told that we were going to the bathroom too much! I'm an adult I think I know when I need to go to the bathroom. I don't need someone telling me that my body is wrong I don't need to go until they feel that it's OK for me to go. This is NOT a job I would recommend to anyone. The only thing I liked about working there were some of the friends I made, other then that it serves no purpose to work there unless you like being treated like a 5 year old. Frankly Prisoners have more rights then people that work for GC Services. They tell you that you can't look like your sleeping not even close your eyes! NOT even on your breaks!!!! Inside or outside of the building!!!! The whole time your wroking there you are worried about being fired for something that you did wrong. You get graded on calls and if they don't like the call you fail. I'm all about customer service but it's hard to have enthusiasm or excitement for a product you can't even afford to buy yourself. You also have to have empathy on each call. They call it the 3 E's. It's all BS! – less
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 13, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: policies
G.C. Services was a fun place to work at but it could take a toll on anybody. Being that I did collections it could be trying at times because your job was to help customers but what we could do for customers per policy was limited not everybody got off the phone with me satisfied.
A very fun and playful work environment but there is no room for job security or advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: monthly report cards
I loved the job and the people I worked with. They always had competitions that you could win with cash and other prizes. The only bad thing is they have monthly report cards that are nearly impossible to pass. You can fail only five times in a year. That was the reason why they have such a high turnover rate. You literally come in daily worried this was going to be your last day.
High energy typical call center environment
Teleperformance Agent (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXMarch 11, 2015
Typical day was 10-12 hours for 5 days each week. Our main purpose was to wow the customer. Three different campaigns on the single floor center. Everyone was generally friendly to work with.
Productive and strict work environment
Agent (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 6, 2015
Pros: the breaks and the office feel of the environment.
Cons: the agents we're not as focused as they should have been.
We would set up our systems and talk to representatives and customers. I learned great communication skills, system usage, and great partnership. The managers in this company we're very skilled and taught the employees correct skills. The co-workers we're great to be around but too productive in conversation more than the work itself. The hardest part of the job was getting through to representatives on what the task was for the customer to complete. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a job to support my children.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 5, 2015
I worked one on one with people and learned a lot about training but the company doesn't pay you extra to train or to stay late.

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more

GC Services Salaries