GC Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,600 reviews matching the search
unprofessional
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 22, 2017
A lot of drama in the workplace. I felt like I was back in high school. There wasn't any motivation from the managers. Very loud there and most of the time you couldn't concentrate on you talk offs or it was so load that the consumer or borrower would hang up on you and you couldn't get a payment or settlement.
Pros
bonus potential
Cons
unprofessional
Gc services
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 20, 2016
I was in financial services and the management was horrible I was promoted within 6 months due to my performance displayed on the job but the some members of management were very bias with decision making and sometimes very inconsiderate. The starting pay is very low but if you stick with it you can get quarterly raises. I love my job over all because I was a good worker and did what I was suppose to do. Overall, I left this company because of the rate of pay. They do give out performance bonuses when you are doing well and offer coaching to improve performance.
I was able to advance in my customer service skills.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 1, 2017
I was able to maintain a high collection rate, and was always in the top of my department for collecting money. In the 4 years i was at GC services, i was taught to push myself more if i wanted to succeed.
Pros
Had an excellent benefit package
Cons
Did not have advancement opportunities
enjoyable work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 20, 2017
working at gc services was very pleasant, they have all the resources that you need to help you get the job done. There is always someone waling the floors in case you run into something that you might not know how to handle.
Pros
they do raffels to keep you from doing good in calls
Cons
they dont work with your school schedule
Steady work but no advancement
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MOOctober 24, 2016
I have been an employee there for six years. I am grateful for the job but in the end it is just a job. In the six years I have been with GC Services I do not know a single person who has been promoted. I have years of management experience and have never been approached about a promotion because there are no positions to be promoted to. It is the reason I am currently looking for new work.
stressful, but well-payed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 13, 2016
A typical work day involves getting to work on time, clocking in, logging in, and making sure it all gets done in a fast timely matter.
a lot of Learning is done, just depends on the department and team that you are placed in. Management has its ups and downs, the supervisors are not too nice, but they are friendly..
The hardest part of the job is just getting your call handle time down, mainly because it can be high and can take a lot of FAST calls just to get them down, but its bad if your phone calls are Too fast.
the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see "the people voice" she brings you joy every morning you walk in
Pros
good pay
Cons
supervisors
collections for student loans
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2016
i really hated this job. you skip trace and find students with outstanding student balances on loans and i worked trying to collect on loans right after hurricane Katrina and people didn't have homes and were flooded and i was calling asking for student loan payments.
Pros
fun finding people
Cons
hated collections
Very upbeat envirnment
International Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working at GC Services. Everyone was so welcoming and I loved my job. The training was very extensive but helped tremendously when it was time to go on the floor and do the job.
Pros
upbeat environment, friendly coworkers, extensive training
Cons
Company closed down
Good
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 18, 2017
The hardest part of the job was working with people that didnt want to work. Working with people that are lazy, rude, and disrespectful. Those are the worst to work with because for instance, if we were the only ones working, I would have to do all the work because it has to get done and I am not getting fired for someone else.
Sitters home health
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 25, 2016
As a caregiver I am open to helping and caring for others I have the ability and patience to help others gain their mobility and independency I would help residents and patients maintain daily responsibilities also helping clients with social communitive skills and household chores gaining independency within their lives
great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 15, 2016
the patrons were amazing and made the job that much more enjoyable . it was exciting on pool league and dart tournement nights ,you were always tipped great exspecially if they hit on the poker machines .the employees were kind and easy to get along with as well
Pros
meet lots of good people
Cons
longer shifts
Terrible work/life balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXDecember 8, 2016
They expect so much from you with so little pay. You are literally mentally exhausted from getting yelled at and arguing over the phone to save some company you don't care about. They also expect you to work these long hours as if you don't have a life and when you call out 10 times they fire you.
It was A GOOD job over all
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 3, 2016
I worked here for a little over year. I feel as if I could have been trained better; however they fixed that issue. I had a great consistent schedule and only had to work two "late nights" a week and event that was only til 9 pm,, every other Sat and that was from 9-1. I did not like the fact that there was a lot of drama but you are going to have that everywhere.. Made good money here and over all had the chance to bonus.
Pros
hour lunches, chance to bonus
Cons
They "time you" You have to log out on your computer and log back on.. occurances are easy to get.
an ok job if you need a paycheck
Customer Service Representative/Call Center Temp (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 28, 2016
high call volume ,trainer made training boring. job should pay more since they have a contract for fedex. calls are all about tracking package and setting up package pickups. your off one day during training which is sunday and that will wear you out. since you will work the am training schedule.
Pros
free snacks/weekly pay
Cons
late 1 minute from lunch you stay one hour overtime/temp position if hired through burnette staffing
Fun group to work with
Sales & Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at GC Services for a total of 2 years. Management was easy to talk to, welcomed suggestions.

Downfall is the wages they offer. Annual reviews were given and your raise if pay was usually .25.

I would have stayed but it is hard to make a living on that income.

Pros
Free snacks were offered especially when overtime was mandatory
Cons
wages too low and the insurance is not the best
great Workplace
Collections and Revenue Assurance (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 24, 2016
Collections: Manage a group of business with Verizon services and receive payments for service. Email or phone businesses that were overdue and have payments made to the multiple accounts for each business. Conduct balance transfers from account to account. Set up and conduct business calls to discuss payment plans with the customer before the account is eligible for default and sent to legal. Provide invoices requested by the business. Maintain a spread sheet with the businesses I was in charge of and have all up to date information to be sent to the supervisor weekly. Revenue assurance would investigate companies with Verizon services and be sure they were charged properly for all services provided and to find any additional revenue that needed to be paid to Verizon from improper billing.
I loved the people i worked with
Financial floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 11, 2017
I loved the people I worked with. I wish I was paid more for the stress that I had to endure as well as the work load that I was doing. I had 3 seperate things that I was crossed trained in and was not paid more for the cross training when I had managers asking me how to do things.
Too much going on
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXDecember 10, 2016
Job security/Advancements: Agents get paid more than managers... Managers not willin to help agents Very contradicting As far as job culture. They say one thing and do another.
Pros
Various schedules, in a good area
Cons
Too many complaints about paychecks. Disorganized. Lots of miscommunication
Horrible company
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 29, 2016
I worked for GC Services in Knoxville for several years. I have never been treated so poorly and unfair in my life. I started working there in 2008 when the economy was bad. The customers scream and yell at you the entire shift because you are trying to collect money. Plus, the supervisors continually scream and berate employees as well. Also, management discredit each other in front of employees. If you are there long enough, you convince yourself it is ok. At least you are employed. Truth is, the place causes you to lose your self worth. I pray that you will look else where for employment. Find a company that values your skills. This company is a revolving door and management is proud of the fact!
Pros
Schedules changes
Cons
Low moral, poor poor management
Mixed but worth it
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 3, 2017
The job itself was quite enjoyable in some ways. However, due to the high demand for attendance, my poor health issues caused me to leave. I was not able to keep up...however I would work with them again if I could.
Pros
Easy enough work, nice supervisors
Cons
Very rude customers, some unfair policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.

71%