GC Services

GC Services Employee Reviews

Call centers
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 23, 2015
Pros: Nice bonus structure
Cons: call center people yelling to much for me
I have realized call centers are not for me I stated this job three months ago the people I work with were great but the call center environment was not for me.
Productive working with GC Services
Trainer/ Unit Manager (Current Employee), Weldon Springs, MissouriApril 22, 2015
Pros: working with people, being apart of management, leading and guiding people everyday
Cons: I have nothing negative to say I enjoy work
I enjoy coming to work on a daily basis, the people I work with are extraordinary people. On a daily basis I work with people training them to become a better agent for GC Services, I set up system access and manage new hire employees. I find there is no hard part of my job I enjoy working with numerous of people on a daily basis.
Unprofessional
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: High turn over rate due to management
They need a HRM on the customer service side that truly cares about the job and is not just there for the paycheck. There have been some really great people that worked for the company but because of the HRM's personal feelings toward these people they were fired or forced to quit. The employees there are good hardworking people and deserve a management team who are there to support them not judge their lifestyle or how they dress. GC has the potential to be great but unfortunatly the management choices have turned it into a stressful place to work.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 20, 2015
it was an ok environment . a typical day at work would be coming in signing within 5 minutes, getting straight on the phone with calls for 4 hrs then take a 1 hr lunch break and then back to work until clocking out to go home.
Unstable
Project Manager (Former Employee), houston texas, closing downApril 20, 2015
High turn around. Employed low income people that didn't tale job serious. This high turn around was ultimately the fall of the Houston office.
Not a very well organized company to work for
Clerical Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 20, 2015
• Process garnishment orders
• Call employers to insure:
o Garnishment order received
o Confirmation when deductions begin process
o Percentage garnishment order set up at
• Verification of employment
• Ensuring garnishment orders and payments are complying within the federal law and The Department of Education
It's a full time job that you could find yourself settling into for several years.
Correspondence Clerk/Electronic Payment Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 17, 2015
Pros: It sure beats fast food.
Cons: Who your manager is can really affect how much you like and loathe this job.
It's a collection agency. Most of the employees are calling debtors. A rather tough job at times, but collectors did receive bonuses based on the money that they did collect--very nice bonuses in some cases.

If you don't have the thick skin for that job, they offer other positions that are less stressful but lack the potential for bonuses. But they aren't bad jobs if you don't need to make lots of money and you're not worried about maintaining an extravagant lifestyle.

Odds are that you'll become good friends with at least some of your coworkers, if you want to.
Productive and fun place to work
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 16, 2015
Was not flexible with hours, I enjoyed it for the most part. Management didn't care about you personally or any family issue.
Its a call center
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 16, 2015
Its a call center environment. Cant do much about the customers but you have good managers and a lot of job security. Pay could be better.
Collections
Account Rep/Collections (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 15, 2015
Pros: Paid Breaks, Great Benefits
Cons: Turnover Rate
Can be stressful, but very fun job! Collecting money is not as bad as people make it seem! Great job for the money! I really liked the company that I worked for, they were very friendly and welcoming.
CALL CENTER
Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 14, 2015
TYPICAL CALL CENTER ENVIRONMENT, YOU GET TO PICK YOUR SCHEDULE. IM NOT SURE WHAT IF ANY BENFITS THEY OFFERE. I DIDNT CARE FOR THE DRIVE BUT IT WAS AN OK JOB
Great Workplace
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: great workplace
Cons: none
All of the employees and Managers were great to work with and very helpful, break room was big enough and the vendors that would come to visit were also awesome
Horrible
Collections Agent (Former Employee), TexasApril 14, 2015
I didnt like working at this location their are too many changes with the company I was working for. The work place is nasty and dusty. Ive gotten sick many of times
physically easy but can be mentally challenging
Collections Agent (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 13, 2015
Physically easy working in front of computer and calling and receiving calls from customers. Mentally challenging due to some customers being uncooperative. I have learned through this employment on how accounts work and how to deal with customers of all types. Coworkers are pretty easy to get along with. Management will do their best to work with your scheduling needs
VZT Refund Analyst (Former Employee), Weldon Spring, MOApril 9, 2015
Pros: Attendace is most of your raise
Cons: Working extra hard does not usually mean extra bonus'
attendance is 97% of your review, which is up to a 5% raise for the first 2 years, every 6 months. Then annually after the 2 years.
Great Place to get Experience
CORe Business Agent (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: paid time for lunch
When coming through training, I got to meet several people who worked their way up to management quickly. Now that I'm out of training, and have been in production the goals are clearer.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2015
This job was dealing with school age kids , cleaning , feeding kids. Also was a teacher for night care. hardest part of this job was making minimum wage.
Collections
Account Representative (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 7, 2015
Pros: Learning experiences, pay, and benefits.
Cons: Lots of employees on drugs.
I started out as an Account Rep, was liason to me supervisor, trained new employees, and Q/A (quality assursance). I learned everything about the joib from starting out doing collections to learning supervisor positions. I knew everything about the job except what human resources did.
It was'nt that bad
Janitor (Former Employee), Olympia, WAApril 7, 2015
Pros: off on the weekends, paid training
Cons: getting paid on time, do not have sick days
a janitorial job was my first janitor job, so I learned how to clean in an efficient way. Management was okay. Hardest part was/is I had worked over the holidays and I never got paid for it, and I am still fighting to get my pay. Was laid off, and did have any other opportunities
Typical call center
Customer Finance Services - Escalations Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 7, 2015
Pros: Financial Security
Cons: Too many people, you're just a number
Very large call center. Management seems spread too thin. If you aren't friends with the right people, consider yourself stuck in a dead-end job.

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more

GC Services Salaries