GC Services

GC Services Employer Reviews

Fast pace call center with a very friendly environment
Debt collector (Former Employee), Irwindale, CADecember 29, 2014
GC Services was a wonderful place to work at. Plenty of opportunity to grow and move up the ladder to management.
Great Company
Account Representative (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXDecember 28, 2014
Pros: casual dress, great benefits, full-time schedule
Cons: inadequate pay
GC is an awesome company to work for. Benefits include 401K matching up to 4%, PPT, Vacation, paid holidays, and health/dental/vision/life insurance. The management team is amazing, they listen to and absorb constructive criticism. Open-door policy and no fear of retaliation. My co-workers are professional, friendly, and have great grooming/personal standards. My only gripe is my inability to bonus with the current goal matrix despite my intense desire to learn/improve/build on my skills as a collections agent. I've been "promoted" twice to different "teams" within my project but without a pay increase and with harder goal metrics. Without the extra $2 an hour, $8 an hour just isn't enough. Annual reviews yield the only opportunity for a raise, 5% is the maximum. I don't want to leave the company but the pay is inadequate.
Fast paced call center
ANALYST (Former Employee), Weldon Springs, MODecember 25, 2014
Answered incoming calls and emails. Also made outbound calls to customer once issues on their accounts were solved.
Very Friendly people
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 23, 2014
Pros: advancements
Cons: long time sitting in front of the computer.
How to help customers on their payment plan.
How to talk to the customers.
In coming and out going calls from the customers to set up payment plans or yell at you because their phone is off.
To be strong with the customer to pay their bill or half to get phone turn back on.
Every one acted like family.
Every month we would have contest to win prizes and money.
very livey community
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXDecember 15, 2014
I had a great experience working with GC Services the people were friendly and the management were quick to help with problems
collections
3rd Party Collector (Former Employee), columbus ohoiDecember 15, 2014
i liked this place they taught me a lot of techniques and skills i use till this day their very helpful
Typical Work Day
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 14, 2014
Processed credit applications for new and existing Verizon Wireless customers. Took phones calls in regards to these credit applications that were processed. Stopped fraud from occurring for new and existing customers. Examined documents that were faxed for any alterations to prevent fraud.
Basic call center with several flaws
Customer Service (Former Employee), Copperas CoveDecember 13, 2014
Pros: banquets, incentives for perfect attendance, recognition for wow calls
Cons: micro managing, favoritism, low pay, no set schedule
A typical day at work consisted of answering 70-100 inbound calls. The turn around rate at this center was very high so the high call volume was a factor pretty much the whole 2 years I worked there. I learned beneficial information for my everyday personal life so that was cool. My manager was awesome as we had a lovely relationship. Other mangers were not so awesome and tended to micro manage and not be organized. At times being there felt like high school. The hardest part of the job was not having a set schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was educating customers.
Fun Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), St Louis, MODecember 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay
A typical day consist of making outbound call to customer for collection purposes. This job taught me how to process payments and attempt to collect on past due accounts. The management team and co-workers were friendly. What I enjoyed most was helping the customers to resolve their bill.
Very Fast past
CCR (Former Employee), El Paso TxDecember 7, 2014
I didn't like how you have to take so many calls per day and suggest sale. They had me taking calls for an energy company, so its kind of hard to suggestive sale when people are complaining that their bill is to high.
gc services review
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 2, 2014
make any where between 100-200 calls a day.
learn how student loan debt works
the managers are pretty nice and wiling to work with you
the coworkers are nice
the hardest part is trying to progress within the company
the most enjoyable part is meeting different people
Not a good company to work for
Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Weldon Springs, MODecember 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: short lunch break, benefits
Good experience for the real world of working but bad staffing. The benefits sucked
Job Security
Account Rep/Customer service / Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Huntington WVDecember 1, 2014
Pros: guarantee 40hr a week
Cons: unorganized management
Good place to work, advancment in management, good bonus incentives. Benefits, Holiday pay.
Fun place to work.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 1, 2014
Pros: full time
Cons: working late, short breaks, low pay
A typical day at work is sitting down answering calls all day with low to really high call volumes, not disappointing customers, and making sure they were properly taken care of. I learned to keep my tolerance high, management of time under 5 mins per call, and financially assisting customers. The management is tough but for good reason. They are easy to get along with when you do what you're supposed to. My coworkers are amazing, they definitely make the job more fun and no matter how rough of a day we have, at the end of the day we're almost always laughing and having a good time doing our job.
The hardest part of this job is taking care of irate customers. You have to learn how to calm them down and not say anything to further upset them, while keeping yourself calm and not lose control. The most enjoyable part is being on the "team" that I'm on. I love working with my group of people. My manager has made it easy for me to want to come back on a daily basis.
Do not like the work environment
Call Representative (Current Employee), Weldon Springs, MONovember 30, 2014
Pros: employees are peaceful no drama
Cons: policies and schedules
I do not like this work environment the hours do not work around my schedule .Barely get to see my family . The schedule is suppose to be flexible but it fluctuates and they do a shift bid if someone wants an earlier or later schedule and you almost never get the shift you want . If you feel like you doing your job right they telling a you that your doing your job wrong because the rules are always changing.
great work environment
FINANCIAL SERVICES AGENT (Current Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: good hours
fun place to work everyone is easy to get along with, management was always helpful and answered all my questions learned alot about negotiation and customer service.
productive fun always a suprise
personal phone banker (Former Employee), Huntington, WVNovember 25, 2014
Pros: contest's with cash rewards, free lunch's
Cons: stressful
a typical day would start out after i logged in and signed into the computer.i'd pick up calls that were routed to me at random and i'd address any and all issues/complaints that were brought to my attention.if there was a problem i didn't know how to fix the managers were always willing to help address the issue and provide training and advice when it was needed.my co-workers were fun and really made the work day easier to get through and a lot less stressful.honestly the hardest part of the job was the training, there was a ton of info i needed to learn and things were always changing but other than that is was a piece of cake.i enjoyed researching past transactions best.i'm not sure why but it was fun for me.in doing this job i was able to learn a lot about the banking industry.
Complicated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 24, 2014
GC Services is a very high stressful workplace with alot of gossip and inappropriate behavior that management tends to ignore
productive
Computer Analyst (Current Employee), weldon springsNovember 24, 2014
• Monitors system and network devices for optimum work flow
• Utilizes network management tools to perform corrective actions
• Documents new and updated existing technical specifications
• Provides direct customer follow-up for individuals
• Data entry on tracking systems for recording complaints, questions, and suggestions
Very open
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: very easy to get points
They were very nice the environment was very open they worked with you and have a 15 point system

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more