GC Services

GC Services Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TexasJuly 7, 2015
Pros: good work experience
Cons: hours were difficult to work with school
It was a good work expirience but i was attending school and they really coulndt work with my schedule. and i coulndt work with them any more
very productive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 7, 2015
the food was amazing along with the people the management was great they taught me a lot along with teaching me how to be a better cook
the job was very enjoyable and i had tons of fun
Productive and fast-paced collections job
Credit and Collections Representative (Former Employee), Weldon Springs, MOJuly 7, 2015
A working experience that allowed me to assist customers with bringing their account out of collection and arrange payment agreements that were suitable for their current situation.

Management and co-workers were very people oriented and provided assistance when necessary.
Fun workplace, learned so much in this position
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2015
Working in a call center collecting on accounts was not the easiest job. I learned alot working on this job. I was trained by the best trainers, and I had alot of surrounding help that came to my rescue when I was in need of some help on escalation calls. Eventually I become as good as I was going to get when it came to collecting.
OK place to work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Understanding Management.
Cons: Short lunch and short breaks. No set schedules. Not enough notice for new schedules.
The hiring process is quick and easy and has paid training classes for whatever project you are assigned to work on. Once out of training there is no set schedule and can vary day to day what time you come in and what time you leave but week to week its generally the same. You don't know your schedule until the Wednesday before the next week but if there is a conflict its usually easy to find someone to cover hours if you do some networking. Managers are nice and mostly understanding.
Fun environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 6, 2015
As a cashier I would operate the register while providing great customer service. Both my coworkers and management were great and very understanding.
Great team environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
Great team environment. Employees and managers were great to work with and very helpful. Fun culture. Hours are pretty flexible and good bonuses.
Very challenging position in collection agency on defaulted student loans.
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Management is very supportive of efforts, good team spirit among workers, motivating contests with cash prizes and gifts.
Cons: Poor coverage on medical insurance and high premiums, base pay is low, recent sales quotas have been set unreasonably high.
The hardest part of the job was 150 outbound calls a day required where most customers will not answer the phone and do not want to follow through on the paperwork required for the rehab program. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get people to send in the paperwork thus closing the sale and earning a big bonus.

A typical day at work is being on the phone all day working with a computer and arranging for student loan borrowers to enter into and maintain a re-payment arrangement and to assist them to get placed with a new bank lender at the end of the program to get out of default. I learned to be flexible and open to change to new government regulations and rules from our legal department.
productive, large turnover, constant write ups, contests
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 2, 2015
Pros: there were always incentives and ways to make income if you were good enough.
Cons: training had nothing to do with actual work, very unprofessional dress.
Personally if you didn't keep up to speed or made the most simple mistake you were written up. If you were absent due to illness you were still written up and that stayed on your record even if you had a doctors note. I had pneumonia, had to go to the hospital and was told I'd loose my job if I missed training. Others who had the same issues, but had been there longer were treated much differently. Everyone learns differently, yet your were treated different if you didn't move as fast as others. The training had nothing to do with the actual work.
Productive and positive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: frequent Rewards
Cons: Tough call volume
Comforting
the hardest part of the job was knowing what the customers go through and being sympathetic
the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure customers left satisfied
Great Training and Customer Service skill building
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Good Hours
Cons: Schedules aren't too flexible around schooling.
GC Services was a good place to work. You are guaranteed 40 hours per week. The schedules may be a little hard if you're trying to go to school, but overall it's a good job.
Overall, ok place to work.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), Weldon SpringsJune 27, 2015
Pros: raises/ benefits
Cons: constant customer harassment
A typaical day seemed like we literally hit the floor running. The job itself was very interesting and very fun at times. However, if you're not a person to be on the phones constantly this job isn't for you. A call comes in and you have to take it and you never know who is on the other end of the receiver. If you're not in the mood that day it can go from bad to worse real quick. Overall, I learned new things and the crossover training was always a plus.
Interesting place to work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: I liked that they would have different restaurants that would come in and sell food to us.
Cons: Breaks were too short.
So I would arrive at work and I had 6 minutes to log on to my systems and be ready to work. Then I would start taking phone calls. Sometimes during the day the calls would slow down and we would be put on outbound calls.
Confusing work place
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 24, 2015
Calling customers to make payments arrangements for student loans.

Like working for the stock exchange. Very loud and there was no focus due to loudness.
Professional Office Setting
Fraud Prevention Team Analyst (Current Employee), Weldon SpringsJune 22, 2015
Pros: Always offering overtime, plenty of incentives and awards. Drawings and raffles regularly
Cons: stressful work
Not a bad place to work. Traditional office setting. Fraud prevention isn't for everyone. Long stressful days but the pay is good.
Call Center Rep.
customer service and collections representative (Former Employee), East Hampton Ave, Mesa AZ, 85209June 20, 2015
Answering phone calls and discussing high bills and providing excellent customer service. I learned how to always keep a calm attitude, management was always willing to help out with anything, co-workers were always really friendly, hardest part of the job is dealing with customers when they are really upset and mad over their bills, most enjoyable part was being able to bring a upset customer to a happy customer at the end of a call.
overall good
Debt Collector (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJune 19, 2015
a typical work day is speaking to someone and helping them catch up and still maintain a good living standard. I learned how to maintain good communication, and professional skills. My co-workers are very helping when i need a little guidance for something new I am learning.;
great company
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
Great trainers, great co workers, great benefits, great incentives, great hours, also great security, and great pay and vacation time.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 17, 2015
Your team leads are very helpful, they are always looking to help you imporve, the job life is amazing, you take incoming calls about some basic apple troubleshooting, sometimes minor sales, the people are laid back a really enjoyable place to work.
productive and growing enviroment
Chase accounts representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2015
productive and fast pace job with growing environment. day to day inbound/outbound calling to chase card carriers helping customers pay off card balance.

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more

GC Services Salaries