GC Services

GC Services Employee Reviews

Helping People
SCE Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXNovember 21, 2015
My typical day at work was coming in and getting on the phone and trying to help customers pay there bills and turn on the power.
Pros
Helping Customers
Cons
A lot of Hours
overall
Sr Agent, Department of Education (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 19, 2015
Overall okay to work for. The hours and bonus lan were good for a while. New plan in place requires a lot of extensive follow up taking away from new collections
Pros
Hours
Cons
Inconsistent management
It is fun to work at Gc Services
Agent Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 19, 2015
The environment is pretty fun, not all the time, management can be unprofessinal at times. It is a good place to have an expierience with.
Pros
It is very easy to get promoted
Cons
short breaks
Terrible collects money from customers regardless of situation instead of helping them out
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 18, 2015
They are terrible collecting money from customers regardless of their situation instead of helping them out to make payments.
Cons
I could not stand working here...
Customer Service Rep, Sales Rep, Chat Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 17, 2015
At first the job was amazing, and allowed me to have extra money for what I wanted. However, the day that I turned 16, they decided that I was to close the store at least two times a week, knowing that I had school Monday through Friday at 6 in the morning. Closing the store would not have been that bad, if the managers that were on duty would have helped with the cleaning once their job was done. They did not, however, help in anyway which kept everyone there until about 3 in the morning. Again, I had school at 6 in the morning, meaning I would not sleep. The management was terrible, and only talked to you if they were trying to blame something on you for it not being done. It was the worst experience that I have every had working, and was honestly a terrible first timer work experience.
Cool place
Revenue Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 16, 2015
Would be a great place if the dept I work in has more available hours to suit your schedule. maybe like 9-5 Or accommodate when it is an emergency. Need higher pay.
Pros
atmosphere is great
Cons
Pay is not good for work done & health care to high
providing excellent customers service so the customers is also happy to come back
call rep (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MONovember 16, 2015
working for this company gave me a lot of key skills to how to work excellent with customers and provide them with all the answer they need
Pros
devolping a better experence with customer service
Cons
short breaks
This job gave me the experience of customer services over the phone
Sprint Customer Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2015
This was a call center in which I was assisting customers with their phone services, collection payments, etc. There were times that I would call customers for collections of payments.
Hectic
Call Center Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXNovember 15, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Management was hard to find due to churn rate with Management and the employees. Compensation was not as good for the amount of work we performed and seating was rather difficult
Fun work environment with loving co workers
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 11, 2015
Gc Services is a great company to work for the hardest past of the day is dealing with irritated customers. I learned how the systems of Verizon worked
Pros
Always had contest and bonus's and a minimum 40 hours a week
Cons
Getting cursed out by irritated customers on a daily basis
Awesome atmosphere!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 9, 2015
Working at GC is great. We definitely get our fair share of calls, but at the end of the night, it is a lot of fun and games. The que slows down, and everyone starts talking. The environment there really is like a big family. There can be little bits of drama, like any work place, but if you know how to avoid it, you are golden. Over all, it's a fun and dynamic place to work, specially with all the raffles!!

I don't believe there really is anything too difficult about the job. At the most, I suppose it may be when we have to relay more negative information to our customers, but even then, you can find a happy medium with positive positioning.

I can say though, my favorite part of GC is being able to go to work and feel comfortable, almost like a second home, I mean, I do spend 40 hours a week there. It's nice being able to go from the warmth of your home to a cozy office space where you can talk with friends in your down time.
Pros
Raffles, and games
Call Center
Bankruptcy Rep (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MONovember 6, 2015
The people were friendly to work with, however the training could have been better. I was thrown onto the phones for the first time after everyone had left without being taught what to do.
Corrupt Company
software developer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 5, 2015
I was a software developer in Lansing MI. In my short time at GC services I was repeatedly mocked, harassed, bullied and then threatened with physical violence. Management was fully aware of what was happening and encouraged it. Do not work for this company. The people here are nasty and mean. They think they can take the law into their own hands whenever they want.
Pros
Cons
Extremely toxic workplace
A Typical Dat At Work
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring MONovember 4, 2015
A day at work consisted of dealing with fraud on Verizon phone accounts and fixing It further securing the acct and the device itsself
Pros
Free lunch some months
Cons
The hours, Late shifts
Fun environment
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 2, 2015
I come in and read all of my emails. Then I run a few reports and develop a plan for my team for the day. I then I have a meeting with my team so that we can duplicate the days plan. I ensure they get on the phone and collect. I learned the ins and out of management, how to talk to people and time management. I learned a lot there. Co-workers where pretty hard motivated individuals. The job wasn't to hard but it was challenging. I enjoyed the job overall. It wasn't too much advancement after my level of management.
Pros
bonus checks and flexablity
Cons
advancement
Productive and Calm
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 29, 2015
My experience at GC Service as my first job gave me the experience to work with members on the phone. I was able to make friends and keep it at a work level when time to take phone calls.
High toll rep/bay trainer
High Toll Analyst and Bay Trainer (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOOctober 27, 2015
called customers regarding fraud detected on their phone account. verified calls and collected payments for charges that had not been billed also connected and disconnected long distance services. Also trained other rep on how to detect fraud on phone account.
Pros
great hours, room for advancement
Good fun competative environment
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 26, 2015
Made outbound calls, had a budget to meet to get a bonus (very obtainable). Made good money with the hourly pay and the bonus. Managers very willing to help and do continued training. They did monthly contests to where you could win prizes and money.
Pros
Free lunches, healthcare, contests
Cons
To much politics
You are meat to grind
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 26, 2015
At least they arent kicking you in the head every moment, but that option is being reviewed. In all seriousness, they invest very little in making sure you are the right fit, they count on numbers and intimidation to produce results. High Stress, low pay.
Pros
they let you sit
Cons
they dont let you stand
Management is not helpful
csr (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 23, 2015
I personally did not enjoy this job. During training the instructor was rude and biased. I have never dealt with such unprofessionalism in my life. I would not recommend this job for women.
Pros
good hours
Cons
HR ignores complaints