GC Services Employee Reviews

Stay clear
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2017
Turn over rate VERY HIGH. Unperfessional, 3rd tire collections agency so VERY HARD to collect. If you don't hit your budget then you get written up...
Best place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2017
GC Services was the best place I ever worked. It was challenging and stressful but the end of the day we all we just there to earn a paycheck just to talk on the phone.
Pros
Assigned break times
Cons
Lunch was too short
It's what YOU make of it, for your paycheck!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 1, 2017
While I've only been with GC Services for a short time, I've seen that management is very supportive. The people that have a problem with this company are the ones that are late to work, call off, or take long breaks. The pay structure gives you (the employee) the opportunity to give 'yourself' bonus pay per hour. Be on time for work, follow procedure for answering customers' calls, be on time for work, be polite with the customers on the phone (hard sometimes, but you can do it), be on time for work, and communication with management...oh, yeah, did I mention....be on time for work! Your attendance is the biggest factor with your weekly bonuses. Mandatory overtime days are rough with only 30 min breaks on those days, but certainly do-able twice a week.
Pros
Supportive management team, competitive pay, empowerment to 'help' yourselves with pay extras
Cons
mandatory overtime days with only 30 min lunches.
G c
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 30, 2017
I went to work for GC know that they have a high turn over rate. I now know why poor management. They don't care about their employee's and they don't pay you enough for the drama you have to tolerate.
Pros
Was far from my home.
Cons
They don't pay enough
Very average office experience
Non Management Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2017
Benefits and compensation are unequal to the expectation of work given to the employees. Opportunity for advancement is virtually nonexistent. Commitment to employees and clients are not paramount concerns to management.
Productive workplace, play games while you work, managers are ok.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXNovember 28, 2017
Gc is a temporary workplace. Used as a stepping stool its not a hard job at all. Easy training basic workplace problems. Pay is low considering the hassles. But its a ok place to get on your feet.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
No paid time off
fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 27, 2017
when shift begins, employee must be signed in and taking calls. allow at least 15 minutes prior to shift to locate a work station, and prepare computer for work start. Don't even pull out your cell phone during shift
Pros
repetitious
Cons
Saturday work if you are late
good place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 26, 2017
I represented accounts that were from citibank. I interacted with customers regarding their accounts and assisted them with finding good outcomes to help resolve their accounts.
Ok for a super collection person
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 24, 2017
Hard to navigate with all the changes daily/weekly Lot is expected with minimum resources to do job requirements .scripts used are dated and unreasonable in the collection world
Pros
Safe place
Cons
To many to right
exciting and rewarding work experience
Operator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 23, 2017
it was a learning experience for sure. you get to speak to people from all over the world. i enjoyed the occasional service provided during emergencies. some of the client could be so engaging and even would ask for you by name.
Pros
choice of hours and a laid back environment
Cons
during down or slow times could not read to pass time away.
Okay work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 22, 2017
I did not enjoy the hours because I am preparing for graduate school and had no time to invest in my life outside of work. The place did not want to work with my hours until I decided to leave. The place overall is an okay place to work if you are just trying to make money.
Pros
Can do most work on your own
Cons
Worked long hours, no flexibility, favoritism
terrible place to work at!!! DO NO RECOMMEND
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CANovember 22, 2017
this job is extremely stressful, they aren’t professional they never give you raises it’s so rare that someone gets a raise someone working there for 7 years still makes 11 hr and has never gotten a raise, they get you in trouble for ths littlest thing and they stress you out for no reason
Pros
Cafeteria, 4 hour shift one day out of the week
Cons
Poor management
It’s for the birds
GC Services financial services (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 22, 2017
It’s truly boring like reallly boring if you enjoy just sitting then this is the job for you if you like to move then don’t do it it’s easu money yea but looking at a screen all day is annoying to say the least
Pros
2 paid 10 minute breaks 1unpaid 30 min lunch, unit mangers normally get pizza for the teams on the floor, you get paid extra for working nights and Saturday
Cons
Your 2 breaks are very short, you have to use that break when you have to use the bathroom sooo use it wisely, you have to do live vox outbound they really take the wrap up time seriously, you have to be your lunch in a locker, typing with nails is difficult, you have to work every other weekend and most of that time it’s livevox, you still have to work on holidays
Loved it
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 22, 2017
I loved working here. Regardless of anyone else’s postings about it being terrible that is untrue. It is only terrible if you don’t want to work. Yes it can be stressful at times but if you talk with management they will work with you as long as you are willing to work for yourself. Thos terrible reviews ar from those who put themselves in the position. You do your job they will work with you as much as they can.
fast paced east to move up in management
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 21, 2017
GC Services was really flexible with me on my hours, they worked with me the best they could and helped me get on the path to becoming a professional young woman. They felt my termination was wrong and rehired me back to due to my job performance and repect i inquired at GC Services.
Pros
fast paced able to move up in management fastly and bonuses
Cons
bad work environment. some poor management.
I Feel that Gc service is a good job to get into quickly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 20, 2017
This company is ok to get in and get trained. But as in the environment its very stressfull without the pay to go with it. The company refuses to listen to the employess that work with customers day in and day out to help workflow. Expectations are high but morale is very low. Not to many incentives for employess like most call centers have
Great pay
Customer Service/Collections-Student Loans (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2017
Probably the best place I work for great pay and it's easy just try to help people get out of delinquent status telling them is a challenge but once you do get to explain then you can help them
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Explaining hie you can help
Overwhelming
Home Based Chat Agent (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 19, 2017
GC is ok. Doubles chats are overwhelming and for the low amount of pay it is not worth it. These chats are doubled back to back the entire shift. I feel that we deserve more pay to deal with this. GC offer their in-house chat agents a dollar more then home agents.

On top of double chats we have to come up with a lot of things on our own to send to the customer not much time to learn the process of stuff. We do have help during chats but sometimes it can take minutes for a response. We then end up dealing with double customers and researching and also coming up with information to send the customers all at the same time which is horrible.

I only enjoy not having to hear a angry customer scream at me and thats about it. This is the only thing that makes the job doable.
Pros
HR lunch/ 2 15 mins breaks/ 10 min personal time for bathroom / NON PHONES
Ok place to work
Customer service representative for Verizon (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 18, 2017
Its an okay place to work to get started out with the transition to full time.The job itself does help with a good customer service experience for the most part . the work environment itself is what drives people away.
It's a paycheck....
Customer Care/ Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 18, 2017
Management is lazy (it's not what you know, but who you know)...unprofessional environment...payrate is for those that are fresh out of high school, not an adult with legitimate responsibilities...no pto/sick time/holiday pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.