GC Services

GC Services Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 6, 2015
As a cashier I would operate the register while providing great customer service. Both my coworkers and management were great and very understanding.
Great team environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
Great team environment. Employees and managers were great to work with and very helpful. Fun culture. Hours are pretty flexible and good bonuses.
Very challenging position in collection agency on defaulted student loans.
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Management is very supportive of efforts, good team spirit among workers, motivating contests with cash prizes and gifts.
Cons: Poor coverage on medical insurance and high premiums, base pay is low, recent sales quotas have been set unreasonably high.
The hardest part of the job was 150 outbound calls a day required where most customers will not answer the phone and do not want to follow through on the paperwork required for the rehab program. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get people to send in the paperwork thus closing the sale and earning a big bonus.

A typical day at work is being on the phone all day working with a computer and arranging for student loan borrowers to enter into and maintain a re-payment arrangement and to assist them to get placed with a new bank lender at the end of the program to get out of default. I learned to be flexible and open to change to new government regulations and rules from our legal department.
productive, large turnover, constant write ups, contests
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 2, 2015
Pros: there were always incentives and ways to make income if you were good enough.
Cons: training had nothing to do with actual work, very unprofessional dress.
Personally if you didn't keep up to speed or made the most simple mistake you were written up. If you were absent due to illness you were still written up and that stayed on your record even if you had a doctors note. I had pneumonia, had to go to the hospital and was told I'd loose my job if I missed training. Others who had the same issues, but had been there longer were treated much differently. Everyone learns differently, yet your were treated different if you didn't move as fast as others. The training had nothing to do with the actual work.
Productive and positive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: frequent Rewards
Cons: Tough call volume
Comforting
the hardest part of the job was knowing what the customers go through and being sympathetic
the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure customers left satisfied
Great Training and Customer Service skill building
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Good Hours
Cons: Schedules aren't too flexible around schooling.
GC Services was a good place to work. You are guaranteed 40 hours per week. The schedules may be a little hard if you're trying to go to school, but overall it's a good job.
Overall, ok place to work.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), Weldon SpringsJune 27, 2015
Pros: raises/ benefits
Cons: constant customer harassment
A typaical day seemed like we literally hit the floor running. The job itself was very interesting and very fun at times. However, if you're not a person to be on the phones constantly this job isn't for you. A call comes in and you have to take it and you never know who is on the other end of the receiver. If you're not in the mood that day it can go from bad to worse real quick. Overall, I learned new things and the crossover training was always a plus.
Interesting place to work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: I liked that they would have different restaurants that would come in and sell food to us.
Cons: Breaks were too short.
So I would arrive at work and I had 6 minutes to log on to my systems and be ready to work. Then I would start taking phone calls. Sometimes during the day the calls would slow down and we would be put on outbound calls.
Confusing work place
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 24, 2015
Calling customers to make payments arrangements for student loans.

Like working for the stock exchange. Very loud and there was no focus due to loudness.
Professional Office Setting
Fraud Prevention Team Analyst (Current Employee), Weldon SpringsJune 22, 2015
Pros: Always offering overtime, plenty of incentives and awards. Drawings and raffles regularly
Cons: stressful work
Not a bad place to work. Traditional office setting. Fraud prevention isn't for everyone. Long stressful days but the pay is good.
Call Center Rep.
customer service and collections representative (Former Employee), East Hampton Ave, Mesa AZ, 85209June 20, 2015
Answering phone calls and discussing high bills and providing excellent customer service. I learned how to always keep a calm attitude, management was always willing to help out with anything, co-workers were always really friendly, hardest part of the job is dealing with customers when they are really upset and mad over their bills, most enjoyable part was being able to bring a upset customer to a happy customer at the end of a call.
overall good
Debt Collector (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJune 19, 2015
a typical work day is speaking to someone and helping them catch up and still maintain a good living standard. I learned how to maintain good communication, and professional skills. My co-workers are very helping when i need a little guidance for something new I am learning.;
great company
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
Great trainers, great co workers, great benefits, great incentives, great hours, also great security, and great pay and vacation time.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 17, 2015
Your team leads are very helpful, they are always looking to help you imporve, the job life is amazing, you take incoming calls about some basic apple troubleshooting, sometimes minor sales, the people are laid back a really enjoyable place to work.
productive and growing enviroment
Chase accounts representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2015
productive and fast pace job with growing environment. day to day inbound/outbound calling to chase card carriers helping customers pay off card balance.
Good Place to work
Contractor for Verizon Billing Department (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJune 15, 2015
The management staff was always friendly and helpful. I was given a chance to learn a lot in this position. The only downside was as contractors we payed for many of our own benefits.
Meh...
Account Representative (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: overtime pay, prizes given away for hard work
Cons: favoritism by higher managements
You work 8 hrs a day on the phones taking inbound/outbound calls to customer that are behind on payments and get them to bring their accounts current
Good place to gain experience in customer service.
Customer Financial Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 11, 2015
Pros: Entry level position
Cons: Low compensation
Good place to gain experience in customer service. Advancement opportunities available and tuition assistance. Different working hours to accomodate schooling.
lot of favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 11, 2015
not a good place to work if trying to move up in the company, ok pay and hours , but not so great atmosphere, I would receive calls from customers about bank account issues, co workers were ok , management was ok, there wasn't anything hard about the job
Easy to get hired on.
Account Representative (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJune 10, 2015
Easy to get employed. Able to win prizes for goals met. Will work with you if you need to change your schedule for one day or permanently.
Headquarters