GC Services

GC Services Employer Reviews

A company where there is never a dull moment
Credit Analyst/ Account Representative (Former Employee), Huntington , West VirginiaJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great managers great incentives
Cons: long hours of sitting
A typical day at GC services consisted of accepting and making calls to a wide variety of people from all different walks of life. Most of the time is spent on the telephone it is fast paced and requires the ability to multi task.
During my time there , I learned how to easily diffuse situations with people. People just want you to empathize with them. – more... Once you can break the anger you can really get places with people.
Most managers I had were very good at their job. they helped set performance goals that push you to your limits but were obtainable. Their constructive criticism was always welcomed because they were constantly helping you to be better at your job.
The hardest part of the job is sitting for hours with minimal breaks.
The most enjoyable part is that you stay pretty busy so there's no time to be bored. – less
Perfect for someone just out of high school.
Account Collections Manager in Training (Former Employee), Weldon Spring, MOJuly 27, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, easy
Cons: management, pay, a lot of work for little pay
Its easy to advance, however there is a point system in place. The management isn't really great. Your starting pay is $8-$9. You have the opportunity to get a raise every 6 months for the first two years.
Fun place to work but were not treated right.
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: pay
Every day at work was different. Some days I would arrive at work and find out that the managers had something planned for us. Some of the managers would go out of their way to help the employees.
very repetitive
Account Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches
Although I thoroughly enjoyed working at gc and most of my coworkers, some of the management we very disrespectful. the day its self being that it was collections was very repetitive but sometimes entertaining, I learned how to talk to people in a different way. the hardest part of the job would have to be simply be the fact that you know your trying – more... your hardest and people still hang up on you. the most enjoyable part of the job would be that some of the calls were very entertaining and we worked as teams. – less
Great opportunities for advancement!
Manager (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJuly 18, 2014
Stable company that provides benefits.
Advancement opportunity.
Great group of people to work with
fun at the desk
not able to help
Love Talking
Fast -paced, very busy
Directory Assistance Operator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: learned how to proplerly conduct myself over the phone and learned how to type faster.
Cons: pay was not as high as it should have been considering the workload.
A typical day at work would be taking call after call after call for 8 or more hours a day. I did learn how to communicate professionally with people and problem solve. I also learned how to connect emergency calls. Most important part of the job was to develop people skills and provide them with the proper information they were seeking.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough pay
Learned how to collect on payments. Management is very lazy. Co-workers are OK I guess. Hardest part of the day is having to ask "How much can you pay today?". Leaving work is the most enjoyable part of the job.
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Copperas coveJuly 14, 2014
i would clock in log into my computer and start answering my calls and taking calls.
Its a okay job to start off
Customer Financial Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: got paid okay, and it was a 7-3 shift
Cons: short lunch breaks, managment was terrible
A typical day at work in the mornings was clocking in and the presuure was on, Ive learned that being a CFS is difficult to try and satifiy all customers at a 2mins or below call, Magagement there was very bad and the co-workers well everyone was in there own little world didnt have time to talk to anyone the job consist on being on the phone all day, – more... the hardest part for me of the job was to be on and off the call in 2mins or less, i really didnt enjoy this job at all but it paid the bills had to do it. – less
A nice environment
Acquisition Agent Positions (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 11, 2014
It was a very fast paced environment and i loved the management there they would work with you every step of the way but no room for advancement since the project was closed down.
Good training on how to be a student loan collector
Collector - Federal Student Loans (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good location of business
Cons: highly stressful
Working here was very challenging due to the setup and management. It was okay working here. It does pay decent but not good enough for all the stress you will have. I was here for a year promised different promotions and never happend.
Not for me
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 9, 2014
I did not like working for this company. They were very rude and never gave you good and bad feedback. Always made you feel like you were never good enough. They did pay for your lunch break though. That was the only good part.
Gc Services
Account representative (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOJuly 9, 2014
Being a representative showed me different techniques with answering the phone. When answering the calls always make sure you not on call for so long and make sure you understand the caller before moving to the next call. Make sure you have lots of confidence when answering the phone, towards anyone you speak with and having great customer services.
Not a Terrible place to work
MAC Expert (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: fun people and laid back atmosphere
Cons: poor pay.
After being with the company for 2 years, id have to say i dont usually recommend friends or family to work here. impossible to get a raise, the work environment is pretty laid back and there is alot of cool people that work there. it reminded me of working in a jr high class room. management is poor. getting a promotion is not based on qualification – more... or work ethic, more so if you kiss up to the management team. still not a terrible place to work. – less
Don't Waste Your Time or Energy
assist customers (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 8, 2014
Cons: everything
Management were basically overpaid children. A MANAGER threw a foam basketball at my head. You can make up to 10.25 an hour IF you meet unrealistic goals for the month. So you get minimum wage because of the expectations. Co-Workers were friendly and they exaggerate to make you want to stay at the job.
Not a place for people with a family
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: friendly managers
Cons: long hours
The hours are way too long for anyone with a family. The pay is horrible and there is no benefits.
Productive Cool Place To Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), HoustonJuly 3, 2014
Great place to work not like most companies they do give out raises and employment advancement
Fun and great environment
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus,OhioJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: budgets
Calling consumers about their defaulted loans. I learned how to be a great collector. The management is amazing. I love my co-workers and they are great. The hardest part of my job is trying to get people to pay on loan. The most enjoyable part of my job is being around the people.
gc was clean place to work
Call analyst (Former Employee), Weldon Spring, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: clean
Cons: pay hours managament
I did not like GC service. The management was very rude and seemed to not no more than what we knew. Also the pay was not adding up to the work they excpected.

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more