GC Services

GC Services Employer Reviews

Required a lot of focus and energy
Collector III (Former Employee), Miramar, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: the bad days
GC services was a good company. But being a collector was not easy. Though I was given a call sheet with the names and numbers of the people and didn't have to skip trace, it was still difficult collecting on delinquent accounts even as a third party collector. At the end of the day it was a working job.
easy going environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Columbus, OH.February 3, 2014
I learned a lot about collections. management was ok but it could've been better. co-workers were ok as well. the hardest part of the job was coming up with an effective collection technique. the most enjoyable part was actually helping the customer clear up some of there student loan issues and taking back control of there life.
not a very good place for a family person to work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: you were paid for your breaks
Cons: terrible upper management, allowed no time for family, terrible pay
The company was not a very good company to work for if you have a family. They expected you to spend all of your time at the job with no time at home. If you did need to request a day or even a few hours off, you got wrote up for it.
Great chances for over time, but high stress.
Finance (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 3, 2014
Loved the job but high stress due to changing procedures constantly and managers refusing to help during calls.
Call Center
Financial Account Specialist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 2, 2014
Call center setting, inbound and outbound calls, assisting callers with mobile account information, accepted payments, reconnected phone services, etc.
My Job Review
ANALYST (Current Employee), Weldon SpringFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: winning awards, winning money
Cons: location, pay
A typical day at work is relaxing, I sit at a desk and prevent fraudsters from taking advantage of our actual Verizon Wireless Customers. The managers at my job take their job seriously, they are all about preventing fraud. The hardest part about my job is taking inbound calls from customers whose account has been hacked into in they are extremely frustrated, – more... because you would have to calm them when they are on a mad rampage. They best part of my job is winning awards It let me know that I am contributing and being successful for what I was hired to do. – less
Ok place to work
Account Services Rep (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 28, 2014
This was a good place to work, but you have to work for incentive pay in order to earn more on the hour.
Productive and Challenging
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch- 30 min
Cons: two 15 minute breaks- paid
Working at Gc Services requires patience. You would receive a call from a customer asking you to explain their bill. My duties were to explain and enroll them in any program they would be interested in such as the budget billing which basically is a 1 year program that helps them so that their bill come no more than 50 per month.

What I really enjoyed – more... about this job is that I got the chance to interact with other co-workers, and I learned to explain important information to people. – less
great learning experience.
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE AND COLLECTIONS (Former Employee), MissouriJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day at work witch was wonderful no hasels. As long as you could multi task the job was easy. The Co-Workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job well me personally I had none, The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I could satisfy a customer or having an irate customer satisfied at the end of a call
Great Start
Quality Assurance Lead/ Specialist/ Fraud Analyst (Current Employee), Weldon Springs, MOJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: low pay
This is a great company to start with ad learn the basics of professionalism
Was fast pacced
Account Rep (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 24, 2014
Was not the ideal job but it was full of surprises. Management could be unprofessional at times.
Good collection job
Collection Account Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: management
Great place to start your collection career...It provides great benefits and job security
fun place to work
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), mesa, azJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: hours
• Maintained relationships with preferred vendors
• Operate multi-line telephone to answer and forward external and internal phone calls
• Collect and process payments for goods and services quickly, accurately and efficiently
• Organize and file customer paperwork for accurate records
I loved working here.
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers, relaxed environment, fun work day
Cons: pay varied, not enough work sometimes led to people being sent home
Working here was awesome. The managers were great, the trainers were great, and the coworkers that I had were for the most part pretty friendly. There were a couple of jerks, but you get that everywhere.
The pay varies, because there's commission, but it's easy to get. The hardest part of the job is trying not to sound bored on the phone after talking – more... to so many people. The most enjoyable part is the relaxed work environment and awesome coworkers. I had a lot of fun here.
The major downside is that they lost the project I was on, and the branch I worked at closed, and when they were moving people to different projects and facilities, I went somewhere else rather than take a pay cut. – less
okay place to work
Collecting Payments, Customer Care (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 16, 2014
if you liked getting yelled at all day then yeah great place to work
Upbeat collection agency
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2014
I was responsible for contacting Toyota customers who were past 30-90 days past due on their payment. Constantly on calls for most of the work day taking payments or setting up payment arrangements. GC Services was very Team Oriented and taught me how to be a team player.
fun atmosphere
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: worked with exellent manager
Cons: pay was not good
learned and gained experience with working in the call center worked for third party utility company and learned how the company works
A very good company to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2014
I would recommend this company to anyone. I learned quite a bit while working this job. The staff was hard working and eager to learn.
DEALING WITH COSTUMERS BACKRUPCY
Account Representative for Lexus & Toyota (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJanuary 8, 2014
WRITING COSTUMERS COMPLAINT WHEN THEY OWE MONEY FOR SOME AGENCY
Collection Agency
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OhJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: pay and benefit's
Cons: work enviroment and lack of help.
At GC Services I was contracted to collect defaulted student loans on behalf of the United States Department of Education. I made on average of 156 outbound phone calls a day and took on average 60 inbound phone calls. I had to maintain a monthly budget and write weekly progress reports on how to my budget. I also had to follow up on account leads, – more... skip trace, submitt garnishments, keep written record of accounts that were successfully collected and set up into payment arrangement. Management at GC services wasn't the best and very hard to talk with or locate your manager's. I enjoyed our monthly meeting's, recognizing the top collector's of our very small office. My weakness at GC Services was maintaining a very high budget during a recession. – less

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more