GC Services

GC Services Employee Reviews

Call Center Job
ESCALTION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Wheldon SpringsApril 30, 2015
From my experience with call centers this is one of the best. Their attendance policy is super lax which is amazing! Don't expect that you can skip tons of days and not get in trouble but when you need a day off there is a 'no excuse' policy, which means that you don't have to tell them why you are taking off, just that you are.
Helping to consumers and clients
Account Representative (Current Employee), Elgin, ILApril 30, 2015
GC Services is a collection agency that helps the debtors the best ways possible with professionalism and respect. There are ups and downs in collections and things and possibly become stressful if your not a stress-free individual. The management is very helpful also. At GC you learn how to adapt to different situations and how to help consumers the best ways possible to their circumstances.
Bonuses
Account Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2015
This job was great. So many bonuses. I was so upset that my husband got orders to move us out of state. One of the best jobs I've ever had.
easy job
Finance Agent (Former Employee), el paso, txApril 28, 2015
Pros: nice bouneses
Cons: short breaks
•Answered inquiries relating to account information, products and services, rates and policies

•Entered and tracked sales orders

•Resolved complaints

•Scheduled service calls

•Expedited priority issues

•Provided ongoing support to customers
Great Job
Associate (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 27, 2015
I come into work and ensure my desk is cleaned off and no electronics allowed. Bring up my internet screens to assist with customers. Ensure when the customer calls in I assist them with the tools I have and ensure they have a positive call. I take payments and set up payment arrangements and assist with phone issues they may have.
Really fun workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, management, enviornment
Enjoyed my time here. Supportive management, great experience, overall awesome job. Motivative environment, felt like a valued employee while at the same time being motivated to do better.
no good
Customer Service Rep/Lead (Current Employee), Edison, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: too many to state
not a good place to work, they seem to think long hours with low pay evens things out...it does not......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Call centers
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 23, 2015
Pros: Nice bonus structure
Cons: call center people yelling to much for me
I have realized call centers are not for me I stated this job three months ago the people I work with were great but the call center environment was not for me.
Productive working with GC Services
Trainer/ Unit Manager (Current Employee), Weldon Springs, MissouriApril 22, 2015
Pros: working with people, being apart of management, leading and guiding people everyday
Cons: I have nothing negative to say I enjoy work
I enjoy coming to work on a daily basis, the people I work with are extraordinary people. On a daily basis I work with people training them to become a better agent for GC Services, I set up system access and manage new hire employees. I find there is no hard part of my job I enjoy working with numerous of people on a daily basis.
Unprofessional
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: High turn over rate due to management
They need a HRM on the customer service side that truly cares about the job and is not just there for the paycheck. There have been some really great people that worked for the company but because of the HRM's personal feelings toward these people they were fired or forced to quit. The employees there are good hardworking people and deserve a management team who are there to support them not judge their lifestyle or how they dress. GC has the potential to be great but unfortunatly the management choices have turned it into a stressful place to work.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 20, 2015
it was an ok environment . a typical day at work would be coming in signing within 5 minutes, getting straight on the phone with calls for 4 hrs then take a 1 hr lunch break and then back to work until clocking out to go home.
Unstable
Project Manager (Former Employee), houston texas, closing downApril 20, 2015
High turn around. Employed low income people that didn't tale job serious. This high turn around was ultimately the fall of the Houston office.
Not a very well organized company to work for
Clerical Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 20, 2015
• Process garnishment orders
• Call employers to insure:
o Garnishment order received
o Confirmation when deductions begin process
o Percentage garnishment order set up at
• Verification of employment
• Ensuring garnishment orders and payments are complying within the federal law and The Department of Education
It's a full time job that you could find yourself settling into for several years.
Correspondence Clerk/Electronic Payment Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 17, 2015
Pros: It sure beats fast food.
Cons: Who your manager is can really affect how much you like and loathe this job.
It's a collection agency. Most of the employees are calling debtors. A rather tough job at times, but collectors did receive bonuses based on the money that they did collect--very nice bonuses in some cases.

If you don't have the thick skin for that job, they offer other positions that are less stressful but lack the potential for bonuses. But they aren't bad jobs if you don't need to make lots of money and you're not worried about maintaining an extravagant lifestyle.

Odds are that you'll become good friends with at least some of your coworkers, if you want to.
Productive and fun place to work
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 16, 2015
Was not flexible with hours, I enjoyed it for the most part. Management didn't care about you personally or any family issue.
Its a call center
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 16, 2015
Its a call center environment. Cant do much about the customers but you have good managers and a lot of job security. Pay could be better.
Collections
Account Rep/Collections (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 15, 2015
Pros: Paid Breaks, Great Benefits
Cons: Turnover Rate
Can be stressful, but very fun job! Collecting money is not as bad as people make it seem! Great job for the money! I really liked the company that I worked for, they were very friendly and welcoming.
CALL CENTER
Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 14, 2015
TYPICAL CALL CENTER ENVIRONMENT, YOU GET TO PICK YOUR SCHEDULE. IM NOT SURE WHAT IF ANY BENFITS THEY OFFERE. I DIDNT CARE FOR THE DRIVE BUT IT WAS AN OK JOB
Great Workplace
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: great workplace
Cons: none
All of the employees and Managers were great to work with and very helpful, break room was big enough and the vendors that would come to visit were also awesome
Horrible
Collections Agent (Former Employee), TexasApril 14, 2015
I didnt like working at this location their are too many changes with the company I was working for. The work place is nasty and dusty. Ive gotten sick many of times

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more

GC Services Salaries