GC Services

GC Services Employee Reviews

El Paso Tx FedEx
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), texasMarch 26, 2015
Pros: co workers were awsome!!!
Cons: EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately the worse company I've ever worked for. Managment had their favorites. Qa was also so bitter and had favorites as well. You get occurrences for everything even with doctors notes. The main boss doesn't care about you or whatever situation you'd be going thru and would make you want to quit. The restrooms were horrible smelly and very disgusting. We were contracted with fedex and thats easy but the managment makes you not want to go to work. Never would go back even if they paid me more too.
stable job
Senior Assitant Manager (Current Employee), Irwindale, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: stable job, learn basics on collectons
Cons: if you leave on time your considered a clock watcher
good employer overall, learn basics on collections, you can grow with in the company, management tries to stay positive with contest for the agent (no manager contest but there are bonus incentive which are hard to reach)
Always interesting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: time off
Cons: unemployment during summer
Driving daily, fours hour breaks between transport times, lots of days off because of school schedule. Summer, spring and winter breaks were great.
Above average opportunity for advancement
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2015
Contract call center environment. Good training program. High turn over provides plenty of opportunities for advancement. Reasonable management and benefits typical for the industry.
GC
Account Representative/Manager in Training (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 16, 2015
Account Representative/Manager in Training
Primary responsibilities are ensuring a safe and pleasant environment to work in. Enforce positive encouragement throughout the call center floor to increase production and to motivate individuals to perform at their best. Was a member of the committee that developed and created events to support charity foundations. Managed a team of 10 account representatives and delivered weekly reports, tracked performance, handled call reviews, file reviews, monthly performance reviews, and daily performance reports. Coached agents on performance and handled all disciplinary actions including verbal coaching, written coaching and separations of employment. A customer focused individual with 6 years of experience working in a fast pace call center environment dealing with a diverse client base. Have extensive knowledge of call center metrics, operations and workforce management.
Selected Contributions:
• Managed day to day operations of a government contracted call center, handling collections of federally insured debt.
• Build performance tracking reports, spread sheets, flyers, training materials.
• Track employee’s performance throughout the day, knowledge of CMS, AVAYA.
• Encourage agents to perform their best, coach and train agents to help better their performance.
• Review files for proper documentation, ensure that all agents are following company policy and abiding by FDCPA, CFPB.
• Review and monitor agents calls to ensure they are following policies and assisting clients to the best of their ability, and ensuring they are providing the best customer support.
• Develop and deliver a monthly performance evaluation to each employee.
Not a good job for long term.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: people that i worked with.
Cons: the whole work enviorment! not having the training that you need to do your job and the pay stinks.
I worked at GC Services as a Customer Rep for Apple. GC Services is a subcontractor for Apple. The Service they provide is horrible to the customer unless it's a "quick fix". You have to raise your hand if you need help with something you don't know anything about because the training you received was substandard. (Note: the trainer I had was wonderful.) But, we needed more real training instead of drawing pictures. The whole working in a group in training wasn't a good idea either. Working independently is a much better way to learn. Once your thrown out on the floor you get a couple of days of "Y'ing" in with someone else then your put on the phone to fend for yourself. There are lots of times that you put your hand up and there are NO floor walkers and no managers there to answer your questions so you have to ask coworkers. Your forced to come to work sick so yes everyone else gets sick as well and you just keep passing it around so the whole call center stays sick. And God forbid that you have to be out sick and miss days then that's an occurrence. EVEN with a doctors note it's an occurrence. And EVERYTHING is an occurrence!!!! Being a few seconds late is an occurrence, signing in early is an occurrence. They think the workforce is disposable. They would make more money if they focused on retention of their employees rather then "it's ok if they leave we can always get someone else". The pay stinks and they keep adding on more work for you to do. Things that other people got promoted for and got a raise for now you have to do it for free. Then your told "It's part of your – more... job." Well, no if someone else got promoted for that job with a raise then NO it's not MY job to do theirs for free. The last training I had was a joke. The instructor was only in the class for half the time and had "friends" in the class that she chatted with most of the class time. Not to mention that she was late daily while we all had to stand around and wait on her. They stuffed 28 people into a classroom meant for maybe 14 people with no open windows or doors for air! We were stuffed in that class for a week. Also being told that we were going to the bathroom too much! I'm an adult I think I know when I need to go to the bathroom. I don't need someone telling me that my body is wrong I don't need to go until they feel that it's OK for me to go. This is NOT a job I would recommend to anyone. The only thing I liked about working there were some of the friends I made, other then that it serves no purpose to work there unless you like being treated like a 5 year old. Frankly Prisoners have more rights then people that work for GC Services. They tell you that you can't look like your sleeping not even close your eyes! NOT even on your breaks!!!! Inside or outside of the building!!!! The whole time your wroking there you are worried about being fired for something that you did wrong. You get graded on calls and if they don't like the call you fail. I'm all about customer service but it's hard to have enthusiasm or excitement for a product you can't even afford to buy yourself. You also have to have empathy on each call. They call it the 3 E's. It's all BS! – less
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 13, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: policies
G.C. Services was a fun place to work at but it could take a toll on anybody. Being that I did collections it could be trying at times because your job was to help customers but what we could do for customers per policy was limited not everybody got off the phone with me satisfied.
A very fun and playful work environment but there is no room for job security or advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: monthly report cards
I loved the job and the people I worked with. They always had competitions that you could win with cash and other prizes. The only bad thing is they have monthly report cards that are nearly impossible to pass. You can fail only five times in a year. That was the reason why they have such a high turnover rate. You literally come in daily worried this was going to be your last day.
High energy typical call center environment
Teleperformance Agent (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXMarch 11, 2015
Typical day was 10-12 hours for 5 days each week. Our main purpose was to wow the customer. Three different campaigns on the single floor center. Everyone was generally friendly to work with.
Productive and strict work environment
Agent (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 6, 2015
Pros: the breaks and the office feel of the environment.
Cons: the agents we're not as focused as they should have been.
We would set up our systems and talk to representatives and customers. I learned great communication skills, system usage, and great partnership. The managers in this company we're very skilled and taught the employees correct skills. The co-workers we're great to be around but too productive in conversation more than the work itself. The hardest part of the job was getting through to representatives on what the task was for the customer to complete. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a job to support my children.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 5, 2015
I worked one on one with people and learned a lot about training but the company doesn't pay you extra to train or to stay late.
Very unreliable for a communicative and enjoyable atmosphere at work.
Core Agent (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: guaranteed 40 hours of pay a week
Cons: poor pay, angry customers and no explanation as to why rules were set how they were by verizon
A typical day at work consisted of taking phone calls from Verizon Wireless representatives regarding their customer's credit. Training was very poor because we would be thrown onto the phones and be told to raise our hands when we had a question with no experience. I would also approve and deny applications for credit manually when not taking phone calls. I learned people can be very difficult to deal with, such as being blamed for bad credit that isn't your fault. The management at GC was fine, it's just they had to listen to orders given to them from Verizon. GC Services is employed by Verizon. Verizon has ultimate authority and gave orders but never responded when asked why orders had to be given a certain way, such as why I was never permitted to take phone calls ever again after being business trained. Verizon replied business applications were the priority but would never tell me when I could take phone calls again. My co-workers shared the same frustrations I did with the company and the overall morale was low because we felt we were never given answers when we had legit concerns. The hardest part of the job was sitting in a chair for 8 hours straight, and once we became business trained we were only allowed to do business applications. This being said on days such as Sunday when most businesses are closed and we weren't allowed to take phone calls we had absolutely no work whatsoever to do. The most enjoyable part of the job, being there was very little I enjoyed about the job was helping a customer in need. Hearing how thankful a customer was after they were facing difficulty with their phone over a long period of time was rewarding.
Resourceful, but strict working environment
Account Representative (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches, two 15 minute breaks every shift, able to pick overtime hours
Cons: only way to get bonuses was to meet certain payment goals
I worked as an account representative, which meant I had to collect debt payments from customers that had an outstanding debt with one of our clients. I had to learn how to remain calm under duress, how to talk to people calmly, how to ask for help if I didn't understand anything, and how to negotiate. Hardest part as not being able to have a cell phone out or look sleepy when coming in on early days without looking like you don't want to work. It was a semi-relaxed environment, but more comfortable for those that have worked there longer than those just starting out.
Telephone Costumer Service
Phone Operator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: easy advances in tittles
Cons: negativity
Rough work. Its easy to get advances in but the overall day is pretty negative when all you hear is someone complain over the phone when your trying to help. The co-workers help you through the day but that's not enough when you get home and you just want to sleep the day off.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Killeen, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Love the people and management team. good environment to work in. I like the fact that we have a professional work space without feeling like we can not be myself
Collections Specialist
Collector Specialist / Manager In Training (MT) (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2015
• High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers (min 200 per day)
• Update personal information/ skip trace.
• Analyzes accounts to determine and implement effective collection methods.
• Conducts financial resources background investigations including the research and location of current addresses, employment and assets information to determine debtor’s ability to pay.
• Negotiate with debtors and implements debt payment plan in accordance with established court procedures
• Follow-ups on delinquent payment plans.
• Receives and post receivables to accounts and journals
• Recommends appropriate legal action to enforce collection of debts; initiates legal action, with approval; and represents the court in legal collection proceedings to present evidence and information on behalf of the court
• Utilizes a personal computer and other court related software.
• May assist in the training of new employees.
• May act as lead, and direct and assign the work of staff, in the absence of a supervisor
• Perform other job-related duties as assign
• Assisted the floor, giving second voices and firm ups to close out deals/payment plans with debtors
Follow the script and collect the money
Collector - Outbound Call Center (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
The main idea was to follow the script to collect the money, an individual was scored on how well they read the script; word for word.
There was a quota that needed to be met each month, if that quota was not met then a write up occurred, if the script was not followed word for word, then a write up occurred. When I entered the office each day, i would put away my lunch, then go to my desk. We are not allowed on the call center floor until five minutes before our shift.
The first two hours of the work day was calling as many people as you could, leaving non foti messages on answering machines, calling family members to locate the customer, whatever it took for that customer to call back. Corporate credit cards are different from other credit cards, sometimes the corporation would stiff you with the balance after leaving the company, and there was no guarantee that they would pay the customer back the funds. Some corporations reimbursed the customers, but by the time we contacted them, some customers no longer had the funds to pay off the corporate cards. The next two hours were spent on skip tracing, trying to find the customers through the internet, or family; most skip trace tools gave phone numbers for all linked family members, even family members that the customer had no associations with anymore. Now it's lunch time, for a full hour; it was the best time of the day, not to be on the phones. After lunch; more skip tracing, internet searches for people that really did not want to be found, then the last two hours of the day were spent on calls to customers to collect that – more... money. After so many days of the same thing, I had my call lists, I was calling the same people every day, some would hang up on me, others would not return my calls, others would call back and yell at me because I had contacted one of their family members, others would call me or answer the phone and tell me that they still have not found a job, and cannot afford to send me any money at that time; but I wasn't suppose to sympathize or empathize with them. We had the option of setting customers up on a payment plan, but most individuals that I spoke to did not want to pay this money back, sure they spent the money on the corporate credit cards, but the money was used for airfare, hotel stays, things the corporation should be paying for. Other customers would sometimes use the cards for their own purchases which they were required to pay back. I thought I could do this job, I thought I could toughen up enough to do this job, but I didn't like the person I was turning into when I realized the job was changing me; I am too much of a customer service professional for this job to work for me. Management was only willing to work with you to a point, my co-worker told me I had a sink or swim manager, there was also backstabbing among coworkers, the worst I was ever subjected to. – less
Great job, it was a great learning experience.
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The most enjoyable part of the job was co worker always happy and ready to work or help you out if you have any issues. Management was always there to assist if you have any questions.
Data entry clerk (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Great place to work, great compensation, benefits, management, schedule! Great work / life balance, and culture. I would def. recommend.
productive and professional
Customer Service Representative/Collections (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Working here you have to be willing to stay on the phone and computer your whole shift. You also have to be able to stay calm and professional with every customer.

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more

GC Services Salaries