GC Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,608 reviews matching the search
Horrible company
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 29, 2016
I worked for GC Services in Knoxville for several years. I have never been treated so poorly and unfair in my life. I started working there in 2008 when the economy was bad. The customers scream and yell at you the entire shift because you are trying to collect money. Plus, the supervisors continually scream and berate employees as well. Also, management discredit each other in front of employees. If you are there long enough, you convince yourself it is ok. At least you are employed. Truth is, the place causes you to lose your self worth. I pray that you will look else where for employment. Find a company that values your skills. This company is a revolving door and management is proud of the fact!
Pros
Schedules changes
Cons
Low moral, poor poor management
I am Happy to work with them
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  HawasaOctober 17, 2016
Preparing Budget and finance Report, handling recording, posting and preparing financial reports controlling loan collection and disbursement, Team leader for procurement reviewing business plan of client and facilitate loan option and other facilities for them and handling all finance related works.
Pros
Tea coverage
Cons
Health insurance
I enjoy my working with my co workers/
Customer Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Management is poor. They have no respect. Questions don't get answered. Toilets and sinks are broke down for months at a time. Lunch room has broken chairs. Dead end job.
Pros
works with a schedule change
Cons
short breaks, building needs upgrade
Managers are unprofessional
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 24, 2017
i'll be on the phones with a customer, and the managers would be joking and laughing right next to me so loud to the point the customer stopped what he was saying and inquired about the laughing in the background and the work ethics of the company.
Fun work place loving team members
Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2016
I have learned the meaning of multi-tasking from talking on the phone,updating system information and documentation sent out all at the same time.I love my co-workers and my management team everyone in the office is extremely willing to help one another learn and help get a better understanding of anything anyone has a problem with.The absolute hardest part of my job is trying to get a customer in a program and they state the refuse to i feel as if i have failed the customer in getting into a really great program.
Organized , well managed company
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MONovember 7, 2016
Working different networks while being able to assist customers over the phone . Being able to have patience while receiving inbound calls and making outbound . Two 15 minute paid breaks and one 30 minute unpaid break is taken during the work day .
Pros
Clean and well organized
Cons
Distance
good place to start and learn to work well with others
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2016
A typical day consisted of non-stop calls and helping customers understand their bills while working with them to find any discrepancies.
I learned that patience is key and that often, the customers were just upset about the situation, not the representative.
Management was in charge of the employee's performing to the best of their abilities. Often giving written warnings if job requirements were not met.
The hardest part of the job was having to take control of some situations and calming down customers.
The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing that you were able to get customer's satisfied with your performance.
Pros
always opportunities to advance
Cons
short breaks/lunches
Productive and fun work Place .
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Everything I have to do for gc services it all bas to do with the customer. The experience I have with gc services is protecting the customers information because Im dealing with customers verizon account and social security numbers . I have to make sure when the customer is getting the phone they are happy with the prive they have to pay for the device .
Productive and Fun work Place with Ping Pong Table.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79936January 20, 2017
Worked with the MBFS Project it was overall a Good Project if you Like sitting down all day and Taking Care of Car Payments. Great Call Center Environment.
Pros
Ping Pong Table, and Great Incentives.
Cons
Sit down all day and on the Phone all day.
Call center setting
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed talking with consumers, educating them and verifying them into client specific programs to assist with student loan debt. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers that I met. Some have become friends. I also enjoyed assisting my manager in her daily functions by going above and beyond my work capacity. I soon earned the GC Elite Award by obtaining personal and company goals as required. Also assisting with compliance issues relating to the FDCPA and CFPB by alerting upper management if an issue should arise instead of waiting to have my work load reviewed. We had a diverse workplace culture. We often celebrated employee appreciation day by having ice cream socials or luncheons.
Pros
We could wear nice jeans Tuesday through Friday, I enjoyed the different folks I worked with (co-workers and management)
Cons
I did not care for working 2 evenings a week, (12:00pm-9:00pm), but understood it was essential to reach our west coast clients.
Not the best by far...
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2017
GC was the best job I had at first. However, the changes that are made are nonstop. The management is not on the same page. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to work here. Co workers are great and it is a family environment. That is the only positive I have about this place.
good job for young people seeking full time employment
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 25, 2016
My first job as a customer service representative. It was a good low stress work environment although not much opportunity to ove up or get a raise. They do contract work for companies such as apple, fed ex etc.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no opportunity to further career
Communication skills strengthen
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Learn to multitask computer and able to help customers for overall satisfaction of services. The hardest would be understanding clients with different languages or hard accents
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
job can terminate anytime
great work place great environment
Supervising Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 24, 2017
Working at GC services was a adventure the job is good but the people that are there tend to be younger and more immature so it does and a dramatic touch to the atmosphere
Pros
fun atmosphere on a good day
Cons
Bad benefits, bonus scale is not great
Productive and a greet learning experence
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Typical work day consist of being on the phone using customer services to assist customer applying for service and collecting on old accounts.
Pros
have many chance to receive or win prizes
Cons
short breaks and not good insurance options
If u like sitting down all day with very short breaks this is the job for u
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 2, 2017
The work was easy and the pay was good but its not something i could do for a long time . i was miserable working there . im more hands on i do not like working with computers or sitting down for 8 hours
pleasant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOFebruary 23, 2017
Awesome work environment with great incentives. The schedule was flexible and they worked well with their employees. Very helpful team of managers.
Pros
free lunches, corporate casual days, gift cards
Cons
the location of the facility
Fun and Professional work environment.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 30, 2016
I learned how to professionally interact with customer's while trying to find a resolution to help out their problems. I also gained great computer typing skills as well as learning to multitask in a high volume call center.
Pros
Full Hour Lunch
Suuuuuuuper cool people, awesome work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone, everyone is always very willing to help! Its really easy actually, you just have to have a confident mentality to go out there and help!
Pros
Provide foods
Cons
Short breaks
It was a good job
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 4, 2016
A typical day for me began at 7am and ended at 4pm. The managers there are pushed really hard to make goal for the month. The co-workers are fine just need to know how to handle them. The hardest part of the job is remembering all the codes for prepossessing all the faxes that came into the building. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I able to work by myself and that I took pride in the work that I do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.

71%