GC Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,401 reviews matching the search
Company with stability and benefits
Reconciliation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2016
the company hold a host of quality and positive peers/ co-workers whom value the intergrity of the company. a typical work day is balanced between ledger adjustments/ reconciliation and trustee financial analysis.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
healthcare benefits
Very Productive, and Great team of dedicated management
Customer Service Dept (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I have learned many things that I am sure I will carry on to my next career. It was a pleasure working with a team of hard working and dedicated individual. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving at the end of the day with the feeling that you have helped your customers in every way you knew how. My success is in the success of my customers.
Treated like children
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 28, 2016
The management will tell you that we are all adults who work here, however, you are treated like a child. Punished for clocking in 1 second late for a break, only allowed 10 occurrences and the entire place is like high school all over again with all the drama. Every day I want to shoot myself in the head, however it's a job that allows me to at least pay my bills. However, you are not paid enough to deal with the entitled jerks that call in and the constant schedule changes are ridiculous.
good work place
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 25, 2016
We would have chances to win extra cash and it made working with GC Services enjoyable. The employees were also very nice to work with. Management was good we had seviral supervisors around to help us. I learned how to bee more computer efficent and learned good customer service skills
Pros
potlucks and good employees
Cons
short breaks
solving problems of customers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 22, 2016
We all the time try to give excellent service for our value customers and direct them to solved their problems and make their lives more easily and happy
Pros
its easy when you are good training
Cons
By the phone its hard to express well
Productive workplace
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKMarch 9, 2016
. Learned communication skills and problem solving as well as how financing companies work. More lenient about work hours however pay is not all that great Bilingual reps get paid the same as other reps no commission earned
Pros
learning about financed veh and problem solving
Cons
Health insurance
Great bonus structure
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE FOR UNITED STUDENT AID FUNDS (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2016
If you can handle sitting at a desk all day its a great gig. The pay is nice and the bonuses are even better. You have to be money motivated beceause you are asking people to pay on thier defaulted student loans that they cant afford.
inconsistant application of policies
Party processor (Former Employee) –  43232May 23, 2016
mostly wonderful coworkers

But cliquish management who rewards the underachievers
and overlooks the faithful and honest worker.

No respect for employees. Even fired the head of HR when
he politely gave a 2 week notice.
Team-oriented environment makes work enjoyable.
Student Loan Collections (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 18, 2016
Work days begin from where you left off from the previous day. Unless on a campaign to call customers, you're skip-tracing customers to encourage debt resolution. Meetings are plentiful to keep up with collection laws & regulations. People are fun to work with & have always had great relationships with management.
Pros
Fun people to work with, management is great too, opportunities to advance & transfer are there.
Cons
low pay, high performance demands, heavy politics/favoritism
Very productive working environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79936May 25, 2016
Typical day at work began at 7 am, learned to use a couple of different computer programs associated with banking,Management was very helpful to any questions and concerns.
Pros
Long lunches, snacks
Cons
back to back calls all day
Okay Company
Account Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMarch 17, 2016
Typical day at work was 8hrs with no overtime. Learned about cell phone bills. Management needs major improvement. Co-workers were ok. Hardest part of my job was dealing with upset customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the day.
Pros
The pay is ok
Cons
Need better management
Love!
Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOFebruary 18, 2016
I really did love this job. I learned so much working there. It was sad when I had to leave, and if I ever had the chance to work there again, I would! It was great, everyone there gets a long so well, and the managment is amazing. I've had many close friends at this job, and they are all very helpful. I would recommend this job to anyone that is willing to do it.
An environmental place
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKMarch 3, 2016
Working at GC Services is really what you made of it, either you liked it or you didn't. It had its time where it was fun and it also had stressful times. But overall it was a good job just lacked a couple of things.
Pros
You could get all the over time you ever wanted
Cons
You received an occurence for everything
A good agency to work for
Core Collections Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 2, 2016
Company as a whole is great, senior leaderships is suffering, needs better leaders that can and will deal with everyone with the same professional work ethic.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
too many accurance for working families
unprofessional and horrible account rep to manager comunication
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2016
this is the worst job ive ever had there is lots of drama among the co-workers. managers are unprofessional there is no confidentiality when talking to mangers about production or personal issues.
Solid introduction to mid-size office setting
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOApril 10, 2016
Depending upon which supervisor you are hired by, there is a good degree of autonomy in the work-day. Work environment is very lax for most, with goals structured around months as opposed to weeks. Dress code is very "relaxed" to put it mildly. Company culture and work ethic could use improvement. A typical day consists mainly of working with the many office systems in an effort to support clients in the employees "assigned portfolio of accounts". The most common tasks include sending emails and talking on the phone with vendors and A/P departments and building a professional relationship with these people. The company is very stingy in terms of vacation days and sick leave. For example a person who started work after Sept. 15th 2016 will not be eligible for vacation until 2018. Lunches are not paid and are half-an-hour. Employees are very friendly and if there is a question that needs answering you only need walk a few feet away.
Terrible!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 9, 2016
I excelled in training. On the floor is totally different. GC did not rain us well enough for what was to come. Many people quit the first day as well as many crying during the calls.
Pros
Training was easy.
Cons
Working the floor is awful!
working at gc services,
Personal Phone Banker (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 30, 2016
The hardest part of the job was call volumes and constantly deescalating customers. Rules seemed to be added even though they didnt increase production and werent necessary.
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
scheduling
high paced, and high stressed job
Customer Service Representative/Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 28, 2015
Answer international customer service calls and assist them with any issues that they had with packages delivered to their home via a major packaging company. I learned that my customer's need/wants were my number one priority when it came to the delivery of their package. The time sensitive issue was something that was difficult to deal with because we had to get a hold of the courier and see what the status of the customer's package was. I liked that it was fast passed and it made time go by real quick.
good place to start
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXMay 17, 2016
Job security and a good place to start you career. There are not many places to move up but you can definitely use it as a stepping stone. There are several people who have been there over 3 yrs but have a second income.