GC Services

GC Services Employee Reviews

work environment
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: free sodas
Cons: healthcare cost
The work environment at this company was great, one day while working in the afternoon hours, it just started raining and I was watching the rain through the window it was just a nice experience to watch the rain from the inside of the building.
Productive and very professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso TexasMay 14, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunch
Working at X.M radio was amaxing, great experience. Guiding customers with their XM radio was pretty awesome. Customers who had just bought a brand new vehicle had 3 months free of xm radio. Customers were excited and I provided guidance on stations.
Normal day at work
Account Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 13, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches on Sunday's
Cons: Break schedule changed everyday
Start off by clocking in & getting on the phones right away. I learned that some people can be a bit upset when they become a little late on a payment then take it out on the company. I worked with nice positive energy co-workers, we all worked together. The hardest part of the job was calming a angry customer down. What I enjoyed most was the break room , it was calm relaxing & had comfortable couches.
Verification Agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good job for high School students looking to continue in Customer Service
Cons: Late hours
Answering calls from store reps and approving credit applications for Verizon Wireless, and Customer Service. credit verification
fast paste fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: pot lucks every other friday
Cons: 30 min lunch when working 8+ hrs
hours are pretty rough however the co-workers and management make the crazy hours be forgotten. Customers calling back to back about their utility service happy to provide them with the answers to their questions. I enjoyed helping others as well as the bond we created as team n achieving goals.
Great work place for students just coming out of high school and heading to college..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: easy work offline, down to earth people.
Cons: breaks; you get 2 10's and a 20 min..
I worked in the CORe department, in this department i worked applications offline to approve or deny customers. I liked my job for the most part. Once you get out of the productions floor your managers actually work with you on your needed schedule. They want you to get 40 hours a week if your full time so they always find ways for you to make up your missed hours if you have any. I loved my Unit managers, they were down to earth. They do have contest all the time to win money or prizes.
I worked at the lakeland location and there was always drama. :-/ But for some reason everyone on the floor treated you like you were family when you got to know them. And when they offer over time it was awesome, and the pay became better. If you decide to work night shift then you got a dollar difference. And you had to work every other weekend if you didnt have a set schedule. During 2 weeks training in the classroom they make it seem so hard and people are ready to quit but if you hang in there until you get assigned to a team then you will see that its not as strict and kinda fun.
Call Center Job
ESCALTION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Wheldon SpringsApril 30, 2015
From my experience with call centers this is one of the best. Their attendance policy is super lax which is amazing! Don't expect that you can skip tons of days and not get in trouble but when you need a day off there is a 'no excuse' policy, which means that you don't have to tell them why you are taking off, just that you are.
Helping to consumers and clients
Account Representative (Current Employee), Elgin, ILApril 30, 2015
GC Services is a collection agency that helps the debtors the best ways possible with professionalism and respect. There are ups and downs in collections and things and possibly become stressful if your not a stress-free individual. The management is very helpful also. At GC you learn how to adapt to different situations and how to help consumers the best ways possible to their circumstances.
Bonuses
Account Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2015
This job was great. So many bonuses. I was so upset that my husband got orders to move us out of state. One of the best jobs I've ever had.
easy job
Finance Agent (Former Employee), el paso, txApril 28, 2015
Pros: nice bouneses
Cons: short breaks
•Answered inquiries relating to account information, products and services, rates and policies

•Entered and tracked sales orders

•Resolved complaints

•Scheduled service calls

•Expedited priority issues

•Provided ongoing support to customers
Great Job
Associate (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 27, 2015
I come into work and ensure my desk is cleaned off and no electronics allowed. Bring up my internet screens to assist with customers. Ensure when the customer calls in I assist them with the tools I have and ensure they have a positive call. I take payments and set up payment arrangements and assist with phone issues they may have.
Really fun workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, management, enviornment
Enjoyed my time here. Supportive management, great experience, overall awesome job. Motivative environment, felt like a valued employee while at the same time being motivated to do better.
no good
Customer Service Rep/Lead (Current Employee), Edison, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: too many to state
not a good place to work, they seem to think long hours with low pay evens things out...it does not......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Call centers
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 23, 2015
Pros: Nice bonus structure
Cons: call center people yelling to much for me
I have realized call centers are not for me I stated this job three months ago the people I work with were great but the call center environment was not for me.
Productive working with GC Services
Trainer/ Unit Manager (Current Employee), Weldon Springs, MissouriApril 22, 2015
Pros: working with people, being apart of management, leading and guiding people everyday
Cons: I have nothing negative to say I enjoy work
I enjoy coming to work on a daily basis, the people I work with are extraordinary people. On a daily basis I work with people training them to become a better agent for GC Services, I set up system access and manage new hire employees. I find there is no hard part of my job I enjoy working with numerous of people on a daily basis.
Unprofessional
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: High turn over rate due to management
They need a HRM on the customer service side that truly cares about the job and is not just there for the paycheck. There have been some really great people that worked for the company but because of the HRM's personal feelings toward these people they were fired or forced to quit. The employees there are good hardworking people and deserve a management team who are there to support them not judge their lifestyle or how they dress. GC has the potential to be great but unfortunatly the management choices have turned it into a stressful place to work.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 20, 2015
it was an ok environment . a typical day at work would be coming in signing within 5 minutes, getting straight on the phone with calls for 4 hrs then take a 1 hr lunch break and then back to work until clocking out to go home.
Unstable
Project Manager (Former Employee), houston texas, closing downApril 20, 2015
High turn around. Employed low income people that didn't tale job serious. This high turn around was ultimately the fall of the Houston office.
Not a very well organized company to work for
Clerical Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 20, 2015
• Process garnishment orders
• Call employers to insure:
o Garnishment order received
o Confirmation when deductions begin process
o Percentage garnishment order set up at
• Verification of employment
• Ensuring garnishment orders and payments are complying within the federal law and The Department of Education
It's a full time job that you could find yourself settling into for several years.
Correspondence Clerk/Electronic Payment Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 17, 2015
Pros: It sure beats fast food.
Cons: Who your manager is can really affect how much you like and loathe this job.
It's a collection agency. Most of the employees are calling debtors. A rather tough job at times, but collectors did receive bonuses based on the money that they did collect--very nice bonuses in some cases.

If you don't have the thick skin for that job, they offer other positions that are less stressful but lack the potential for bonuses. But they aren't bad jobs if you don't need to make lots of money and you're not worried about maintaining an extravagant lifestyle.

Odds are that you'll become good friends with at least some of your coworkers, if you want to.
Headquarters