GC Services Employee Reviews

Alright
acting assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32207October 31, 2017
At GC services I act as a call center representative for the K12 program. I’m in charge of trouble shooting the clients computer, sending out the new material they had requested and helping the caller move smoothly through the K12 website. I learned how to be more proficient on the phone as it had sharpened my soft skills dealing with the different mannerisms on the phone. It also improved my typing speed almost doubling it.
GC Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 30, 2017
It was okay working here, they were very strict on attendance and calls. I worked under Apple and they always tried to make it fun, they would have dress up days and bring food in for everyone.
Relaxed environment
Bookkeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
I enjoyed working at GC Services, this was my first accounting job. I learned a lot there and that's where my accounting career started. I started off as a bookkeeper and was later promoted to Clerical supervisor.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance Compensation/Benefit
Good job
Customer Service Representative Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 28, 2017
Is a boring job you just start there you just came to texas and there is that job to have a start so then u move to another job but is not bad at all is good people
Performance based
Collector/ Account rep (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 27, 2017
This is a good place to start at. Work was performance based and commission unless on a good contract was not always expected. Bonus structure should be restructured.
Boring
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 25, 2017
This job was not for me. I did not enjoy sitting at a desk all day. I do not like answering telephones. I do not enjoy talking to people over the phone for 8 hours straight.
Stressful, only fair respect for employees
Core Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 25, 2017
Managers are overworked. Most expectations set for work standards are done by people who have never done the job.
Unorganized at times, equipment could use to be updated.
Not a bad place to work if you like a call center environment.
Always a lot of people sick there don't know if it was the stress or the building.
For the most part the Unit Managers are great people and truly try the best they can to help people.
Working At GC Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 24, 2017
GC Services is a typical day of being aggressively scolded by supervisors and dealing with ignorant customers, all the while being underpaid for the stress that has to be put up with. The workplace culture is like a lot of other customer service cultures. The hardest part about the job is dealing with customers calling in. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to lunch.
Pros
Can make friends, seasonal company games, free lunch sometimes
Cons
Lack of any good health care, lack of job advancement, poor pay
Productive and a fun place to work at
Collections (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 21, 2017
I enjoyed working here! I loved the work environment as well as my team members! This job can be stressful at times but had great incentives. I was able to advance in the company as well.
good customer service and computer skill learning experience
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 21, 2017
Good job over all..

Management always around for questions

Always able to advance to higher positions

Very friendly environment by co-workers and managers
Pros
Desk job.
Cons
short lunches
Customer Care Specialists (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 21, 2017
I did not vibe while at GC Services as I did while employed at my other 2 jobs. It had a negative feel every morning upon coming into work and management didn't really care to make things better. A typical day consisted of helping customers out as best I can and leaving when my shift ended. I learned a ton due to me having to self teach a lot, also in regards to Sprint.
Pros
Vto
Unprofessional
Auditor/ Quality Assurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2017
This company only cares about the employees that bring in the most money. The bend the rules for certain employees while sticking to the rules for the less favored employees.
Great place to work!
General Clerk in Compliance Management Group (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2017
I am no longer working at GC Services due to a reduction in force, but I would liked to have worked there much, much longer. The managers were very considerate and willing to teach. This was the first job I had where I worked 8-5, Monday through Friday, two breaks per day and didn't take work home. I loved it there!
Great
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 18, 2017
great place to work would recommend to anyone, great pay great benefits. loved my co workers and the management team. would definitely recommend to anyone
its a good place to work
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 17, 2017
I loved the mangers they made the day better they will laugh with you and help you relaxe and the workplace culture is great everyone is really nice.
Pros
nice mangers
Cons
short break no piaied time off
Boring Workplace
Invoicing Clerk- Treasury (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
With typical grey walls and small cubicles. Most of the workers are nice, but the management is inefficient. Not many benefits. Salary is very low, and sometimes the manager is partial to certain people.
Pros
No staying late MOST OF THE TIME
Cons
No career advancements
Nasty place
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 17, 2017
GC Services Knoxville is very nasty. They don't hardly vacuum or dust work stations. There is a roach problem and a bad odor. There is a lot of yelling at reps by management on call center floor while on the phone with customers/debtors. You get treated more like an adult in high school than GC. Easy to get fired even on FLMA,
Pros
Flexible schedules changes if needed
Cons
pay, benefits, cleanliness of company, and management
great place to work
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 16, 2017
managment was awesome as well as the job. its not for everyone. sitting is an all day thing and you get graded on every call. lots of bonuses were availble if you tried.
Pros
great hours
Cons
very fast paceed
Good if you like fast paced
Socal Edison CSR (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TX 76522October 16, 2017
Lucky for you they now pay $10/hr, they paid minimum wage when I was there. Honestly its guarenteed work, and they give you all the training oyu need, if you can take verbal abuse this is the job for you.
Pros
good hours, nice coworkers
Cons
catty managers
depends on your department
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 15, 2017
no career advancement - only 2 hrs of sick time earned you have to work one full year before getting stock options or vacation. lack of contractor appreciation. we are not allowed to participate with Verizon employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.