GC Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,403 reviews matching the search
Productive and fast paced work environment
Bilingual Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 9, 2016
Typically, I was on the phone throughout the duration of my 8 hour workday. Mostly, I had inbound calls, with a few outbound calls throughout the day. Collections was my main focus, and did all I could to exceed the expected collections goal while still exemplifying great customer service.
Pros
Paid Lunch break
Cons
No room for growth within company.
fun place to work, easy pace to work under.
Customer reations agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2016
great place to learn many skills that can be applied in every day life. obtain support from peers and members of management. good friendships can begin here.
If I could not give stars I would
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2016
The management is terrible, a lot of favoritism. They harass you if you don't meet your budget, even if you are doing your daily duties but can't help the fact people ignore collection calls. My grandfather passed away and I missed two days, they called me and said we don't care when will you be back to make us money. How heartless of a company. They don't care about you as a person at all.
Mercedes project
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 21, 2016
MB management was very belittling and talks down.
Overturn out as well people don't last due to bad head management
Manager were really good
Made you feel uncomfortable wasn't able to enjoy a simple conversation when calls level was down.
It felt like a prison ..everything and anything was monitored and gave warning out like candy
Pay wasn't enough to stay !! !
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Management, pay and cant request days off
not bad
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 1, 2015
not a bad place of employment very time consuming,point system is a negative though.you have to be excellent for a raise.ok based on which manager you get
good job for starting workers
Harley Davidson Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXMay 12, 2016
the pay was good hours were good ppl were nice breaks were good environment was good etc. there was a/c we weren't in the weather outside we got numerous breaks a good lunch break and the environment and the type of ppl that worked there were awesome. its a good first job for a person.
Pros
sitting in a chair, great enviroment, training, ppl
Cons
no cons
Predictable
Capitol One Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJuly 6, 2015
You'd guess it. Pretty much how its seen. Work hard, harder, hardest, and you can still have the worst day ever. Thats all on the customers though. You cant have a set scheudle do to the high turn over rate, but if you can stick it, usuallly you'll have an okay check and benefits are really only for management, so thats not fun.
Flexible Schedule
Traffic Analyst / Manager (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXMay 31, 2016
I was able to work and complete my college degree with no issues when it came to scheduling. The pay wasn't the best, but the work wasn't demanding either. It is a great company when it comes to the management and incentives. Career advancements are available, however seasonal. But this is definitely a great stepping stone to many careers.
Good Short Term Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJune 16, 2015
This was a good job for me in high school and right after. Not a great career choice, however, and turnover is high.
I moved up from taking calls to helping employees in assist queue to handling cases that were escalated to upper management. Fun people to work with. Raises are terrible and management just goes through the motions. No real caring involved.
Customer service
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 7, 2016
Took calls and was working for apple, was an ok place to work, was on high demand of how things were ran. People were always getting into the company because they were always hiring new people, learned how to help people navigate the websites, help get an order started and even cancel an order, help with billing information
Friendly enviroment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 18, 2016
A typical day working at GC services was the same thing day in and day out. I learned a lot working there, I learned how to talk to people on the phone professionally. Management needs some work, being one of the newbies out on the floor and asking a lot of questions, they treat you like you are an idiot.
Overall
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 4, 2016
Everything is great except the pay.

Days off are obtainable beyond vacation.

Personal time is accrued and a good rate.

There is a lot to learn, and plenty of folks willing to help. The environment is relaxed, and the dress is casual.

Raises are regularly scheduled, but the starting pay is too low for that to matter.
Pros
experience, learning, flexibility
Cons
pay
Its a job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 19, 2016
Typical day consists of going to computer, logging in, answering phone calls right away. It is a repetitive job, so you will be doing things very repetitively. You will have angry customers. There is room for advancement, that is the great thing. The really bad part of this job is there are no benefits.
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Great Career
Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 16, 2016
I Operated in the credit order review department. Checking customers credit scores to identify whether the customer is eligible for the service they requested or not. The work environment was very professional and the management was up to par to how management is suppose to be. It gave me the experience to operate up to 14 window screens to complete certain orders.
If you need a job quick and right now
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 2, 2015
Really easy to get hired on here. The only way I would stay is if I was desperate for the money to support a family. Training is ok but is more of learning on your own and there are helpful people, but most just stand around and talk.
benefits
Cons
Short lunch, stressful, sit for long periods, high turn over, learn for yourself
Professional work place
SALES COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 28, 2016
Answering calls and collectiong payments professionally taught me to use friendly attitude with other customers as good managemet taught me and my co workers. The hardest part of the job was working with angry customers and the most enjoyble part of my job was hanging up with a happy customer when the call was finished.
Sucks
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2016
Job was cool at first, until a caller became upset with me amd supervisor and i get blamed for the caller being upset. The workers are always aruing with the supervisors. Very strict with bathroom breaks, callers are very rude as well as supervisors.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
strict bathroom breaks, $2 incentive
night shift wasnt bad
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 27, 2015
you get assigned to a location and do whatever your duties are for that specific spot. your have to log your activities performed each day and what time your performed them. Hardly dealt with management they only show up every once in a while to make sure your dressed right and well groomed. Or sometimes you may need to go into the office to fill out paperwork. Co-workers are nice but I worked alone most of the night. The hardest part of the job was staying busy and trying not to fall asleep because there are shifts where nothing would happen for 7 hours until people started showing up in the morning at the place I was assigned to.
Pros
easy work, best time to do homework
Cons
low pay
Overall, ok place to work.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Weldon SpringsJune 27, 2015
A typaical day seemed like we literally hit the floor running. The job itself was very interesting and very fun at times. However, if you're not a person to be on the phones constantly this job isn't for you. A call comes in and you have to take it and you never know who is on the other end of the receiver. If you're not in the mood that day it can go from bad to worse real quick. Overall, I learned new things and the crossover training was always a plus.
Pros
raises/ benefits
Cons
constant customer harassment
over-view of working for GC as a manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 19, 2015
Typical day would involve checking emails for hot items needing completed or corrected. building review list for employees to work from. Updating budget totals daily for the department.
The learning was never ending. With the changes in the industry occurring periodically we needed to stay on top of these changes and convey them to the employees and ensure they we adhering to these changes.
The management staff worked great together and assisted each other when possible.
The hardest part of the job was the stress of achieving a production budget and being competitive in the client you were assigned.
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating motivational contests and implementing them. Just seeing the excitement of the employees and the fun that was caused by the prizes won or available to win was really rewarding.
Pros
Bonuses, helped borrowers resolve debt.
Cons
health care expensive to the employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.