GC Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,603 reviews matching the search
Suuuuuuuper cool people, awesome work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone, everyone is always very willing to help! Its really easy actually, you just have to have a confident mentality to go out there and help!
Pros
Provide foods
Cons
Short breaks
WorkEnvironment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXAugust 25, 2016
A typical good day you're not just waiting for calls because you might be on inbound like i was. Those usually led to a payment or a promise to pay.Our team leaders were also very helpful giving us useful rebuttal if a customer wasnt able to make a payment.If our team leaders weren't around ,you could usually rely on your co worker thats next to you that has enough experiance on everything,which occured alot when i used to work for this company
Pros
very laid back environment, easy problem solving
Cons
short breaks, not enough work cubicles
Great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 25, 2016
My typical day a work was ok even when the customers had me upset because it wasn't towards me it was towards the company. Working at GC taught me how to be very patient and having co workers also helped me through the day. I have never worked customer service before being that I worked for myself and worked with special needs children. So working there helped me learn to work over the phone
Pros
great contests
Cons
lunch breaks to short
Many projects and Great opportunities
Meredes-Benz Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Mercedes-Benz project is a great project to work for. There are so many opportunities daily. The working condition is wonderful, the work isn't very difficult and there is a chance of overtime every month.
Boaring
Account Representative/ Collections (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Stupid job spent more time waiting for a call to come in then taking calls. Makes u feel like u could be lazy I hated it still in one spot for eight hours and took maybe five two to five minutes calls cannot even have any more around time
Productive and Exciting Workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 31, 2017
A very informative and competitive workplace with plenty of opportunity for advancement. Has an excellent work atmosphere. Enjoyed rapport with customers.
Pros
Very incitive company
Cons
High rate of termination
Fun and prizes
Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77092August 24, 2016
GC Services is call center. We would call customers that were late on their car payments. We would bring the accounts current.

Calls were outbound and we used a system that would make our calls automated. I did work in the bilingual department. I enjoy working there because you were in a team, you would compete with each team. I gave us a drive to do better in our calls and also, we competed against each other and won prizes like I won several gift cards. The hardest was being in a close environment with no windows.

I learned not to be late on your payments. It effects your credit. When you get a car, make sure your interest is low.

In a call center, you have a lot of co-workers. It was fun. Everyone I encounter with was very friendly and outgoing.
Pros
payed vacations
Cons
quota goals
Better for those who have no family.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXNovember 29, 2016
GC services would be better suited for those who have no children so they wont have to worry to much about the schedule that is given to them. If you do have a family with young children make sure you have a babysitter on hand at all times.
Managers not avalible most times. Easy to get writen up and fired from
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Managers not avalible most times. Easy to get written up and fired from. Bringing in documents from why you missed work won't make a difference you still get an occurrence.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
liked the job but needed parttime
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2016
The management of the team was not up to par. I excelled quickly at this job and wanted to have a part time hours I meet my quota in half the time as a full time employee and just wanted to leave.
Pros
we were able to win gifts ipads, tvs, money
Cons
excellent pay
Fun place work sometimes
Bilingual Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day at work includes helping other agents during calls, taking manager calls, doing computer work. I've learned that you must have patience while working in a call center, my coworkers and my team my work less boring.
Have learned a lot. I was in HR and it was great
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 22, 2016
i was happy as i was in hr and i had a good crew and i just wanted a change and the pay was low so looking for a change in life. the crew works in hr where great and in helping me
Pros
less pay
Cons
not enough appreciation for what you do
Great Ccompany
Unit Mgr, AR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2016
GC Services is one the largest privately held collections agency in the country. The company has various streams of revenue from defaulted student loan collections, to third party customer service for major phone carriers to child support and ticket collections on the west coast. The home office is in Dallas, with office across the country.
Great for temporary work
Call Center Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 6, 2017
ok starter job for anyone looking to get into something right away. They pay to train and offer incentives for showing up on time consistently. Lots of phone calls and helping people out with their accounts.
management is drama starting from upper management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2016
Management plays favorites they are all addicts you last there if you either sleep with or party with management they harras better looking women about dress code they 2 female members of management walk around with rulers measuring the length of your skirt and dresses and the height of your heels but yet they violate dress code themselves
Pros
decent hourly pay
Cons
everything besides the pay
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 27, 2016
I loved working here. There was just a large turnover in employees because the company is very lenient when it comes to the employees needing a day off and they also let you make up the time you missed by working on your day off or staying over your shift.
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 15, 2016
The day is spent answering phone calls from customers. The management works closely with you to help you improve and give the customers better service. Everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. The only bad thing about the job is dealing with rude customers.
Productive managment not so good
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJanuary 9, 2017
during a normal day you do get yelled at a lot to be more productive but also they try to help you have fun while working management isn't so great with confessing their pitfalls
Pros
great hours
Cons
management
Customer Service
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2016
A typical work day consisted of a heavy volume of calls from customers to pay or dispute their phone services. I learned how to diffuse customer anger and how to obtain the knowledge needed to answer all the customer's questions without upsetting the customer. The hardest part of my job was listening to customers make racial slurs and us vulgar language. The most enjoyable part of my job was to resolve a customer's issues.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
Rude customers
small company
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Hi, GC is a small company with a lot of compliance issues and they have a hi turn around of employees. They do not offer benefits and the comp time you earn we could not even use on a day we most needed it without getting some kind of occurrence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.