GC Services

GC Services Employer Reviews

productive
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: cheap pay and no raises
An exciting and professional place, but no growth in the company. I learned punctuality patience and persistence.
productive, busy, fun for kids
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), copperas cove txJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, good parking, lots of work to be done
Cons: not fair treatment
This was an exciting job during high school but not for me once I graduated. If im advancing my education I also want to be advancing my career.
Nice environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJune 12, 2014
A lot can be learned from this company and the training is spectacular. A typical day at work depends on your confidence in yourself and how much you trust your teammates because they can be your best friend, and help you through everything.
Third party financial institution
Account Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 10, 2014
From the time you clock in to the time you leave you're on the phone making calls.
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJune 8, 2014
Pros: sit down
Cons: healthcare
answer phones loved it for Verizon i used computer skills and got trained in multi things
Productive place of employment
Customer Service Representative/Collections (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJune 6, 2014
GC service was an good experience in customer service and collections.
It was an ok workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: overtime was availabe
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at wok was clocking in and being on the phone setting up arrangement on customer accounts that calls in.
Poor Management
account rep (Former Employee), copperas cove txJune 2, 2014
Pros: 80 hours every two weeks .
Cons: long hours, rude coustomers, rude employees, lay over rate
this was the worst job ive ever worked at . the managers there where unprofessional and un ethical . it was a company that had a dozen law suits due to harassment . working as a bill collector was very depressing and draining . GC had so many changes in the policy it was hard to keep up .all the job qualifies is a being able to pass a drug screening.
Good working place, but
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXMay 31, 2014
Pros: ok working place
Cons: no family time, not time to schedule any activities, stress phone calls.
good working environment, but the schedule sucks and leaves no time for more activities or family time at all.
This place sucks.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 30, 2014
The job itself is great but GC Services is the most "ghetto" place I have ever worked at.
Most relaxing collection agency in the business
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 28, 2014
Pros: state of the art systems, experienced management, bonuses
Cons: high turn-over rate
GC Services is one of the most sophisticated collection agencies in the business. Focusing primarily on debts owed to the State of Michigan, collecting on these debts is fairly stress free. Management is very direct and supportive of staff and assisting with hitting goals. The hardest part of the day of course was listening to customers hardships. The – more... most enjoyable part of the day would be assisting customers with affordable payment arrangements to help them resolve their debts – less
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2014
A typical day at work would be ringing up items all day long and handling tons of money, debit/credit cards and lots of transactions. The management at first were great until they stepdown and we got new managers who weren't as good as they played to be
Fast paced, and team oriented
Account Rep Specialist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: pay raise decided by tenure versus performance.
Access and secure customer's accounts, review accounts and balances, set payment arrangements and process payments.
great place to work
Financial service representative (Former Employee), lakeland f lMay 27, 2014
great overtime when available and teaches you team work. and employees are easy to get along with
A good place for high school students.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 27, 2014
You come in five minutes before your shift, set up your systems and get ready for phone calls.

How to read credit, I did credit analyzing for a year

The management had their favorites, and those people never got in trouble, even if they were bad at their jobs, the management it's self were more likely to write you up for being a diligent worker and – more... trying to do your job than the ones that just got up and walked around while keeping people on the phones.

Co-Workers were loud and obnoxious, making customers on the phone question what's going on the the background.

Hardest part was having rotation days, where you sometimes would work 10 days straight and no day off then 4 days off then come back and do another 10 days again before it evens out.

The most enjoyable part was going home. – less
Productive and friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXMay 25, 2014
I ready enjoyed working there,I had the opportunity to help customers on a daily basic.Everyday wasnt pleasant since I had to deal with some angry customers from time to time due to their service being disconnected.While working there I learned to have patience.
Great
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 22, 2014
The had different shifts and were willing to work with my schedule. There was always forty hours provided and even overtime by request.
fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), el pasoMay 22, 2014
Pros: awesome work environment, and nice co workers
Cons: closed down
i sold balance bracelets at the mall, met all kinds of people, and enjoyed every minute, even though it was 20% commission.
High Turnover and they like it that way.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: 2 weeks of classroom training
Cons: low pay, high turnover, bad attitudes, violence
Located within walking distance to the nearest Lakeland Gangland, and for a reason. They keeps it ghetto and rely on high turnover to skew metrics toward their favor and maintain their Verizon Wireless Financial Service outsource contract. Very hostile environment, I witnessed 3 fights, one between a man and woman, and was assaulted myself by a coworker – more... because I "wasn't cool (read hood)." He was never reprimanded because I was new and he had high leading metrics in his bay. This stain on my resume is haunting me because I couldn't stand to stay for longer than 4 months. Very unprofessional place with an unstable, high stress, dangerous, atmosphere. True Verizon Customer Care employees would constantly drop calls from us because of the reputation. – less
Horrible experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: better customer service
They said it was a call in center but that was not true. The managers were more worried about their bonuses then the customers and workers.

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more