GC Services

GC Services Employer Reviews

Busy day at the office
Photographer/Manager (Former Employee), Huntington, WVMarch 9, 2014
Pros: hr lunches, bonuses, great health care
Cons: being so busy that you forget to take a lunch, or break
Inducting all new hires, completing all tax and I-9 forms, preparing ADP Pay cards for all employees.Coding and filing all HIPPA protected files.I have learned both sides, the collection side, as well as the HR prospective. I have been a Manager at GC for most of my 16 years there, I get along well with all management and my co-workers.

The hardest – more... part of the job would have to be terming employees. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the people I work with. – less
N/A
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioMarch 8, 2014
I have worked at GC Services for almost 17 years. In my time at GC Services there have been many positive experiences. I have made long lasting friends, seen co-workers come and go and even come back again, watched a small office expand for growth and have learned and gained a lot of experience.
Favoritism and very gossip mgr
Collector and trainer (Former Employee), Copperas cove , txMarch 5, 2014
Pros: pay and friends
Cons: favoritism and healthcare
It's a nice place to work but everyday doing the same get boring at a certain point unless you have good friends around you. Some manager are very disrespectful if they don't like from the first day no matter how good u are they will kick u out and the favoritism it's extremely high...
great place to work
High Toll Analyst-High Toll Fraud Department (Former Employee), weldon springs moFebruary 27, 2014
The provide excellent training and a good work atmosphere. I feel I made many friends for life in my short time with this company. Although it is a call center environment, the people are able to make your time at the office enjoyable.
Anti Contract Law
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 21, 2014
Cons: everything
This company is a debt collection agency. They exist to get people to honor their service contracts by paying their bills. The management team routinely and deliberately disregard this and give anybody with a weepy Marxist sob story all kinds of free service without so much as demanding payment for services already rendered. They call it good customer – more... service. It's really a wholesale violation of contract law. – less
Good place for young people to work ans learn
Sr. Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2014
I really enjoyed my job, I had over 40 employees that made my day daily. I left because I am looking for a different career path with positive outcomes.
Very laid back job; That being said it was very unprofessional.
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, flex schedules for those who met qualifications, opportunities to receive bonus checks for performance.
Cons: lack of professionalism
I worked for GC Services on behalf of the United States Department of Education. My job was to make as many phone calls as possible everyday to try and make as many contacts as possible. I learned how to deal with angry customers. I learned how to manage my time a lot better when I started working here. But with the pro's there are also con's with this – more... job. Management was always in the background yelling something across the office which made the company seem very unprofessional to our customers. The hardest part of the job was to actually get the customers to answer the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers I met. There were a lot of people that would come and try to help me whenever I needed it. – less
GCS was the best experince Ive had w Employment!
International Operator (Former Employee), 1323 N. Lee Trevino El Paso, TX 79936February 14, 2014
Pros: the company would have get togethers for us and cook outs too.
Cons: puncuality was very intense.
Work was easy there, It was very professional and clean.
It was an International Call Center for MCI collect calls. I learned
how to speak better Spanish and to interact w International Operators. Management was great and very equal. The co workers were very responsible and dedicated to their work. The hardest part of this job was not being able to – more... use the restroom when needed because of the call volume. The best part was the Stability it had to offer employees and Bonuses. – less
had fun working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), wealding springs, MOFebruary 13, 2014
the job was ok for the most part. people the worked with me were young and good people. management was good and understanding. wish job paid more.
Competitive
Collector (Former Employee), Elgin, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: made own hours
enjoyed the people I worked with very challenging at times.
Productive and Fun
Recruiter/Interviewer (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: learning and opportunities for advancement
Cons: not many
Preparing interviews, communicating and training staff, very friendly place to work in.

Hardest part are the sometimes late hours, but still fun and not too overwhellming.
productive and fun workplace with very cool people
Account Manager (Temp) (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: location
account managing for several companies, also skip tracing and debt collection. customer relations as well.
Ok place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee), HoustonFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: raffles to win free things
Cons: low pay, collection process
I worked there for 2 months. Managers were helpful. Training was great. Pay was too low. $8.50/hr Coworkers were nice. Easy job but can be stressful. Collected payment from Toyota/Lexus customers that were up to 90 days past due on their car note
very professional job
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: in a great shopping center
Cons: pretty far away
loved the people I worked with and great managers.
great job and very flexible
Required a lot of focus and energy
Collector III (Former Employee), Miramar, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: the bad days
GC services was a good company. But being a collector was not easy. Though I was given a call sheet with the names and numbers of the people and didn't have to skip trace, it was still difficult collecting on delinquent accounts even as a third party collector. At the end of the day it was a working job.
easy going environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Columbus, OH.February 3, 2014
I learned a lot about collections. management was ok but it could've been better. co-workers were ok as well. the hardest part of the job was coming up with an effective collection technique. the most enjoyable part was actually helping the customer clear up some of there student loan issues and taking back control of there life.
not a very good place for a family person to work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: you were paid for your breaks
Cons: terrible upper management, allowed no time for family, terrible pay
The company was not a very good company to work for if you have a family. They expected you to spend all of your time at the job with no time at home. If you did need to request a day or even a few hours off, you got wrote up for it.
Great chances for over time, but high stress.
Finance (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 3, 2014
Loved the job but high stress due to changing procedures constantly and managers refusing to help during calls.
Call Center
Financial Account Specialist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 2, 2014
Call center setting, inbound and outbound calls, assisting callers with mobile account information, accepted payments, reconnected phone services, etc.
My Job Review
ANALYST (Current Employee), Weldon SpringFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: winning awards, winning money
Cons: location, pay
A typical day at work is relaxing, I sit at a desk and prevent fraudsters from taking advantage of our actual Verizon Wireless Customers. The managers at my job take their job seriously, they are all about preventing fraud. The hardest part about my job is taking inbound calls from customers whose account has been hacked into in they are extremely frustrated, – more... because you would have to calm them when they are on a mad rampage. They best part of my job is winning awards It let me know that I am contributing and being successful for what I was hired to do. – less

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more