GC Services

GC Services Employee Reviews

Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 5, 2015
I worked one on one with people and learned a lot about training but the company doesn't pay you extra to train or to stay late.
Very unreliable for a communicative and enjoyable atmosphere at work.
Core Agent (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: guaranteed 40 hours of pay a week
Cons: poor pay, angry customers and no explanation as to why rules were set how they were by verizon
A typical day at work consisted of taking phone calls from Verizon Wireless representatives regarding their customer's credit. Training was very poor because we would be thrown onto the phones and be told to raise our hands when we had a question with no experience. I would also approve and deny applications for credit manually when not taking phone calls. I learned people can be very difficult to deal with, such as being blamed for bad credit that isn't your fault. The management at GC was fine, it's just they had to listen to orders given to them from Verizon. GC Services is employed by Verizon. Verizon has ultimate authority and gave orders but never responded when asked why orders had to be given a certain way, such as why I was never permitted to take phone calls ever again after being business trained. Verizon replied business applications were the priority but would never tell me when I could take phone calls again. My co-workers shared the same frustrations I did with the company and the overall morale was low because we felt we were never given answers when we had legit concerns. The hardest part of the job was sitting in a chair for 8 hours straight, and once we became business trained we were only allowed to do business applications. This being said on days such as Sunday when most businesses are closed and we weren't allowed to take phone calls we had absolutely no work whatsoever to do. The most enjoyable part of the job, being there was very little I enjoyed about the job was helping a customer in need. Hearing how thankful a customer was after they were facing difficulty with their phone over a long period of time was rewarding.
Resourceful, but strict working environment
Account Representative (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches, two 15 minute breaks every shift, able to pick overtime hours
Cons: only way to get bonuses was to meet certain payment goals
I worked as an account representative, which meant I had to collect debt payments from customers that had an outstanding debt with one of our clients. I had to learn how to remain calm under duress, how to talk to people calmly, how to ask for help if I didn't understand anything, and how to negotiate. Hardest part as not being able to have a cell phone out or look sleepy when coming in on early days without looking like you don't want to work. It was a semi-relaxed environment, but more comfortable for those that have worked there longer than those just starting out.
Telephone Costumer Service
Phone Operator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: easy advances in tittles
Cons: negativity
Rough work. Its easy to get advances in but the overall day is pretty negative when all you hear is someone complain over the phone when your trying to help. The co-workers help you through the day but that's not enough when you get home and you just want to sleep the day off.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Killeen, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Love the people and management team. good environment to work in. I like the fact that we have a professional work space without feeling like we can not be myself
Collections Specialist
Collector Specialist / Manager In Training (MT) (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2015
• High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers (min 200 per day)
• Update personal information/ skip trace.
• Analyzes accounts to determine and implement effective collection methods.
• Conducts financial resources background investigations including the research and location of current addresses, employment and assets information to determine debtor’s ability to pay.
• Negotiate with debtors and implements debt payment plan in accordance with established court procedures
• Follow-ups on delinquent payment plans.
• Receives and post receivables to accounts and journals
• Recommends appropriate legal action to enforce collection of debts; initiates legal action, with approval; and represents the court in legal collection proceedings to present evidence and information on behalf of the court
• Utilizes a personal computer and other court related software.
• May assist in the training of new employees.
• May act as lead, and direct and assign the work of staff, in the absence of a supervisor
• Perform other job-related duties as assign
• Assisted the floor, giving second voices and firm ups to close out deals/payment plans with debtors
Follow the script and collect the money
Collector - Outbound Call Center (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
The main idea was to follow the script to collect the money, an individual was scored on how well they read the script; word for word.
There was a quota that needed to be met each month, if that quota was not met then a write up occurred, if the script was not followed word for word, then a write up occurred. When I entered the office each day, i would put away my lunch, then go to my desk. We are not allowed on the call center floor until five minutes before our shift.
The first two hours of the work day was calling as many people as you could, leaving non foti messages on answering machines, calling family members to locate the customer, whatever it took for that customer to call back. Corporate credit cards are different from other credit cards, sometimes the corporation would stiff you with the balance after leaving the company, and there was no guarantee that they would pay the customer back the funds. Some corporations reimbursed the customers, but by the time we contacted them, some customers no longer had the funds to pay off the corporate cards. The next two hours were spent on skip tracing, trying to find the customers through the internet, or family; most skip trace tools gave phone numbers for all linked family members, even family members that the customer had no associations with anymore. Now it's lunch time, for a full hour; it was the best time of the day, not to be on the phones. After lunch; more skip tracing, internet searches for people that really did not want to be found, then the last two hours of the day were spent on calls to customers to collect that – more... money. After so many days of the same thing, I had my call lists, I was calling the same people every day, some would hang up on me, others would not return my calls, others would call back and yell at me because I had contacted one of their family members, others would call me or answer the phone and tell me that they still have not found a job, and cannot afford to send me any money at that time; but I wasn't suppose to sympathize or empathize with them. We had the option of setting customers up on a payment plan, but most individuals that I spoke to did not want to pay this money back, sure they spent the money on the corporate credit cards, but the money was used for airfare, hotel stays, things the corporation should be paying for. Other customers would sometimes use the cards for their own purchases which they were required to pay back. I thought I could do this job, I thought I could toughen up enough to do this job, but I didn't like the person I was turning into when I realized the job was changing me; I am too much of a customer service professional for this job to work for me. Management was only willing to work with you to a point, my co-worker told me I had a sink or swim manager, there was also backstabbing among coworkers, the worst I was ever subjected to. – less
Great job, it was a great learning experience.
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The most enjoyable part of the job was co worker always happy and ready to work or help you out if you have any issues. Management was always there to assist if you have any questions.
Data entry clerk (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Great place to work, great compensation, benefits, management, schedule! Great work / life balance, and culture. I would def. recommend.
productive and professional
Customer Service Representative/Collections (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Working here you have to be willing to stay on the phone and computer your whole shift. You also have to be able to stay calm and professional with every customer.
worst company ive ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), mesa,AzFebruary 17, 2015
Cons: management needed serious improvement
There was lack of leadership. No direction, and no guidance. The employee was underpaid and definitely unappreciated.
winndixie
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 16, 2015
I stocked shelves and rotated the food products on the shelves. There was no hardest or most enjoyable part of the job. It was my first job it taught me responsibility.
Good place to learn 3rd party collections
Customer Service/ Collection Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: works with your schedule
Cons: working nights 2 days a week
Job could have been way better starting with the training classes.
They put you on the floor when your not ready. I learned third party
collections for the first time im comeing from first party collections.
Management needs to make sure agents are giveing the best tools
to succeed skip tracing, acces to credit bureau reports, and fresh
accounts not ones that has been worked to the ground. Co-workers
was great to work with and helpfull. Most enjoyable part Lunch.
very informative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 13, 2015
GC services is a great company to work for. GC was my first customer service/collections job. I truly learned a lot about how to deal with angry customers.
collections, daily and monthly goals
Manager/ Collector (Former Employee), knoxville tnFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: ability to make a lot of money
Cons: stress, upper management had their picks and would brush off the ones that did not make it to his click
typical day at work could be happy or sad according to how the call center environment was set that day.
The learning process is great. the trainee are mainly trained by the tenured collectors and this helps with felling more at ease
Management need to focus on communication and how to properly discipline one.
co-workers are great
trying to obtain goals that are set a little high
Clocking out for the day
Good pay, but bad work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good hours and possible advancement
Cons: treated like you are not needed only a person to fill a spot
working here is all about the customer, ie, the company contracting out to gc services. there is little concern for the employee and only about meeting the client expectations.
Productive and fun work place
Financial Department (Former Employee), Lakeland,FlFebruary 10, 2015
Working at GC Services is a very productive day till the time you clock in till the time you clock out. While working at a call center in the financial/billing department, you handle all sorts of customers, you try to answer all the questions they have over there bill and take there payment on the phone or give them other options. people in the work environment are friendly and caring when you need help a unit manager will help you out and answer any questions you have they also give you tips on how to handle customers account..
It was different
Bill Collector (Former Employee), Killen, TxFebruary 10, 2015
At times it was stressful, but other times it was humorous. You have to learn how to handle certain situations when dealing with customers and payment issues. With that job you can not let the customers make you feel discourage about your job and you have to be able to maintain your composer at all times.
Productive and fun workplace.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2015
I learned clerical duties as well as customer service. A great teamwork environment. Fun workplace and great coworkers. i would recommend this employer to anyone.
awful. do not do it
Account Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 9, 2015
everything is a lie. you get hired as one thing and the skill you in 5 different others for the same pay. the only take advantage of you.

About GC Services

GC Services is one of the largest business process outsourcing providers with nearly 9,000 employees in over 30 call center locations – Read more

GC Services Salaries