GC Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,658 reviews matching the search
It's a great work place you can enjoy what your doing and get the job done also have fun.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 14, 2017
I enjoyed working there and would work there again if opportunity came available to me again. The management team there was a really decent crew when I worked there down to earth but also made you get what needed done completed as well.
great Workplace
Collections and Revenue Assurance (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 24, 2016
Collections: Manage a group of business with Verizon services and receive payments for service. Email or phone businesses that were overdue and have payments made to the multiple accounts for each business. Conduct balance transfers from account to account. Set up and conduct business calls to discuss payment plans with the customer before the account is eligible for default and sent to legal. Provide invoices requested by the business. Maintain a spread sheet with the businesses I was in charge of and have all up to date information to be sent to the supervisor weekly. Revenue assurance would investigate companies with Verizon services and be sure they were charged properly for all services provided and to find any additional revenue that needed to be paid to Verizon from improper billing.
Easy
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 24, 2016
This Job Is Fairly Easy, You Do The Same Thing Everyday..Collect Payment, And Set Arrangements. Occasionally You'll Get Get The Rude Customers That Get Upset Cause You Don't Do What They Say...But I Just Laugh It Off And Keep It Going. The Management Is Okay, And The Pay Is Alright..It Is Very Busy..Especially In The Morning.
Pros
Food Vendors, Off Every Sunday And Every Other Saturday
Cons
Rude Customers, Some Can Be Verbally Abusive
Did not need to use their benefits. As contractor job security is temporary.
Collections/Claims/Revenue Assurance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2016
We were able to work with minimum supervision. Flexible hours as long as 40 were worked and no later than 5:00. Ideal setting for me since I was familiar with people and building. At one point had to answer telephone while processing claims or during investigation of circuits which was challenging. I enjoyed processing orders and environment overall.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Large building which took some time to get department (elevator/stairs) and signed in every morning
Customer Finance Department
Customer Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 14, 2017
The first year and a half at GC Services was really great and I liked my job and the people on my team that I worked with including management and leads on the finance department, but after a change in management, it became a very sloppy and unprofessional employer to work for.
Fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXFebruary 12, 2017
The job itself is easy as long as you are patient. There are many contests and raffles that keep you motivated to do well. The downfall is the lack of professional management and open schedule.
Productive and great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Management was great. What was more enjoyable about this job is the environment. The management team did their best to make sure work was as fun for everyone by providing games, food, contests, competition, event, decorations, and celebrations for the employees.
Managers not avalible most times. Easy to get writen up and fired from
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Managers not avalible most times. Easy to get written up and fired from. Bringing in documents from why you missed work won't make a difference you still get an occurrence.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Its a paycheck until you find something else.
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2017
Its a paycheck until you find something else. But its all just drama and super unprofessional people. Most people quit half way through training because its like jr. High. And then the rest quit within 2/3 months very few have stayed longer and believe if they have been there over a few months. They contribute and love and feed off the bs. Its not a job its jr high.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, and attendance bonuses
Cons
Drama, horrible magagment low pay
Great Place to Work
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2017
GC was a great place to work and advance. So much room for learning new skills and plenty of room advancement. Enjoyed the traveling the last 3 years employed with them.
Pros
Great Balance
Cons
Downsized the Company
great environment to work at and productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 23, 2017
· Checked to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems. Completed contract forms, prepared change of address records, and issued service discontinuance orders. Determined charges for services requested. Collected deposits or payments; arranged for billing. Kept records of customer interactions and transactions, recorded details of inquiries, complaints, comments and actions taken.
They hire very nice people.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 17, 2017
This company is more worried about lawsuits than about having a comfortable and healthy work environment.

They do the minimum for their employees. No perks so to speak. You even end up paying for your own Christmas party.
Pros
The work is honest and gratifying. You really feel that you are helping people.
Cons
High stress environment. Head managers don't really care about thier employees, unless you are a highend collector.
I enjoy my working with my co workers/
Customer Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Management is poor. They have no respect. Questions don't get answered. Toilets and sinks are broke down for months at a time. Lunch room has broken chairs. Dead end job.
Pros
works with a schedule change
Cons
short breaks, building needs upgrade
Different
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Working at a call center is different and hard if you like to be active and actually move around. But i learned how to be patience with people even if they want to be rude and ugly towards me.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Customers
Gc Serivces- Great Amature Job
Fraud Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOOctober 30, 2016
I feel Gc Services Missed Opportunity to keep there employees due to low paying wages for even long term employees.

Great Training...

Management Was rude.
Pros
Good Starter Job
Cons
2 10 minute breaks and unpaid 30 minute lunch
Fun work place loving team members
Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2016
I have learned the meaning of multi-tasking from talking on the phone,updating system information and documentation sent out all at the same time.I love my co-workers and my management team everyone in the office is extremely willing to help one another learn and help get a better understanding of anything anyone has a problem with.The absolute hardest part of my job is trying to get a customer in a program and they state the refuse to i feel as if i have failed the customer in getting into a really great program.
If u like sitting down all day with very short breaks this is the job for u
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 2, 2017
The work was easy and the pay was good but its not something i could do for a long time . i was miserable working there . im more hands on i do not like working with computers or sitting down for 8 hours
Great stepping stone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I recommend this employer to anyone who is new to the Call Center lifestyle. It isn't in my opinion a career but a start yes. It does teach you the basic skills of communications.
Good people Not So Great Company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Ok well i worked there for 1.5 yr... I worked my tail off for the company and got nothing in return. In the peak season (summer) I worked 50 hours a week for them. They did the occasional popcorn day or nachos day. I know of call centers with better pay and knows what its like to answer 100+ calls a day.
Pros
occasional food in break rooms.
Cons
No personal Desk, Low Pay, the work you give doesnt match the check
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 14, 2017
It's giving me the experience I need to pursue other endeavors. I do not view this as a lifetime career, I will very family oriented atmosphere. I wouldn't trade my experience
Pros
80 hous guaranteed
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GC Services. Our community is ready to answer.