GCA Services Group Employee Reviews

Great management, low pay
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCSeptember 25, 2016
I honestly love the people, and management at this job, however the pay isn't amazing, there are virtually no benefits and I don't see much room for advancement.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay, No benefits
loved this job
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSSeptember 20, 2016
managers are great, the work environment is relaxing, and i loved working by myself but still having someone to help if i didnt know what to do or if i was lost on how to do something. injuries were dealt with appropriately and manager was very respectful.
Pros
solitary job with little restrictions
Cons
lack of employees meant hours were increased on everyone, sometimes i would work 6 hours others i would work 6 at my school then 3 or 4 at another school
Not fair
Breakdown (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 20, 2016
The company isnt as fair as they tell you when you get hired. The supervisor will often make a mistake amd blame you even though you did what they said.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, long hours, low max out pau
GCA is a good company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MISeptember 20, 2016
GCA is a good company to work for the demands on the managers have just gotten out of hand. I cant ever plan anything because when I do I end up having to work. They keep cutting the employees hours which means the managers have to pick that work up plus do there job and keep the customers happy.
Good place to start to work in a new city
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLSeptember 11, 2016
The work is easy but hard. the company bring many training to safety. The co-worker are friendly . The most enjoyable part of this work for me is when is summer work. In summer time usually the co-worker works together.
fun laid back job
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2016
it is fun and easy. ;earn how to clean classrooms the managers are great. my co-workers are great people to work with. the most enjoyable part of my job is the people i work with.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
we need better hours.5 hrs is not enough for anybody.
not a good place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tanner, ALSeptember 6, 2016
management is terrible they like to play favorites cant advance in the job no raises and not willing to work with you on schedule
Pretty Awesome
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Star City, ARSeptember 1, 2016
Making the building nice and clean and very presentable to the visitors. It was a pretty laid back job. I really enjoyed it because it was a Monday - Friday job and i could enjoy my weekends off
Hard and dependable employee.
General Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAAugust 31, 2016
My typical day on the job is completing an honest days work. I do what needs to be done and other tasks as assigned. I like the type of work that I do and enjoy the progress that I make on the job.
current position
Housekeeping Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2016
I like to focus on my work Making sure i get things done in a timley manner . i work very hard get along with others .Perfect personality
Listen to those around me I usally set a routine for me everyday I get along with my co workers the most challenging part of my day is the big work load that i have but i do with positive thoughts and great attitude the most thing i love about cleaning a cooking is that I can make a difference in others too thats what makes me enjoy my job
Pros
making others happy others being pleased with my work
Cons
heavy work load
good place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCAugust 29, 2016
Work from 4-8 cleaning Classrooms Bathrooms Teachers lounge and Offices Etc. Work from 7-4 clean bathrooms though out the school day and clean lunch room after and during lunchs. Summer work 8 hrs cleaning school for the new year
Pros
good hours
Cons
N/A
Jobsite
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2016
This job is complaint base if you have too many your good as gone no matter what it is or what it about management dont ask questions about what happen or how it happen
Pros
Non
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Janitor (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 27, 2016
This is by far the worst job i've had. Rude management that speak to you like you're 4. Hardly ever any help, not enough workers. Always doing more than you're supposed to and not getting recognized for your hard work and dedication. Never enough supplies. They pay isn't worth the hard work. Take my advice . I should have left a long time ago. So, if you're looking for a job, GCA isn't a good one for you honestly.
Pros
Coworkers get along
Cons
Just about everything
Good job if you have a partner
LEAD DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2016
Bad administration, hostile treatment, the shift includes 2 or 3 days per week, the hardest part of the job is working with the managers. The good part is the co-workers.
Pros
early shifts
Cons
short breaks
You work hard but you're compensated very well
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 25, 2016
A very rewarding job in which you are paid well for your hard work. Need better training for all levels of management. Most people are very nice and respectful but you always have that one or two people who don't know how to treat people with dignity and respect. Need a better work/life balance at this company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work/Life balance
ok job but low wages
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 24, 2016
No raise, no benefits, no holiday pay and not enough pay for the job.GCA would be the best job if they paid enough money. The only good thing about GCA is that supervisors don't breathe down your neck all day and you work at your pace as long as the job get done.
cleaned after hours
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85282August 21, 2016
Typical work day consist of the following. Clock in, load up cart, then receive work orders from supervisor, performed duties in a timely matter. What i learned, was responsibility and strong work ethics.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
no benefits
Management sucks
Employee (Former Employee) –  MississippiAugust 20, 2016
They are very rude and don't care about nobody feelings. It's all about them they always putting extra work on employees. Especially the ones that work the hardest. Please don't work for GCA cause they really don't care about you or your needs. Its all about them. And the pay sucks really sucks. You don't get a raise at all. Never!!!!! Minimum Wage forever!!!!.
Pros
Find a better job
Cons
Penny pincher
Driver Teamlead
Driver Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 16, 2016
I am in charge of group of employee that i have to make sure that all employee drive safely in the airport and outside too, i am in charge of take out a several damage cars out the airport and bright back new cars.
Not so wonderful
Janitorial Supervisor/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 15, 2016
Employees are extremely under paid. Janitorial work is not easy or fun. Expectations of employees did not match with the pay. Unfortunately, when you work for a contracting cleaning crew, this becomes a jobs where you have to move backwards. Worse than having a dead end job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GCA Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6