GCA Services Group Employee Reviews

Busy days
Gowning Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJanuary 17, 2018
The clean room environment was a quiet and pleasant. Processing the incoming uniforms for the semi-conductor workers was gratifying servicing hard workers.
Pros
Peaceful working environment
Cons
Maybe one sloppy worker
Sorry place to work
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJanuary 16, 2018
I have nothing good to say about GCA Service Group. I would not recommend this company with anybody. This was one of the worst company's have worked for pay is low, benefits are unacceptable and the way they pay and treat there employee's is unacceptable for the hours the have to work.
cleaning tech
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2018
cleaned and sanitized areas that the children were using on a daily activities. cleaned and sanitized the classrooms for the children to enjoy their learning process.
Pros
different cultures
Cons
manager turn overs
me senti bien
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2018
estimo que ests es una buena compania que yo recomendaria a otras personas que esten buscando trabajo
Pros
buen trabajo
Cons
no hay
put in 6 years and contract got canceled.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2018
SO I work for GCA for 6 years as a site manager. I was forced to sign a no compete contract for them to inform me a month later that they had lost their contract for the property I was managing and no longer needed my services. There was no severance pay, No new site . No sympathy at all for someone who has helped to build multiple new contract relationships with them.
Good place to work if you have other benefits
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLJanuary 15, 2018
GCA is a smaller business, meaning the people you work with are more so a second family than just co-workers and your boss. The work is difficult and the pay is on the lower side, but when done and one looks at the school looking nice, it feels good. If you work hard, the management will do all they can to work with you if you need time off or to leave early on occasions.
Pros
Great colleges and hours
Cons
Poor benefits and lower pay
Ambiente laboral muy malo
Lead Driver/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Los manager deben de tener más ética profesional y más humanismo
Pros
Nada de beneficios
Cons
No tratan bien a los empleados
good place to work, good pay
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 15, 2018
For the most part its A good job but its a job i am just looking for something with a little more pay, I basically do janitorial stuff like cleaning, sweeping ,mopping, taking care of trash etc... nothing is really hard, management is ok for the most part.
Pros
gettng paid 9 an hr
average
Moving Helper (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Average enviroment to work. Like the fact that they provide tools and equipmemt to protect employee. No very happy with schelud among cokers, No very nice that employees don't have a parking spot inside the campus.
Excellent!
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MAJanuary 10, 2018
Great management, work environmental, benefits and fairness.
Staff and colleagues are great! Balance of work and personal life is good. Everyone willing to help you learn.

Want to know more about GCA Services Group?

Ask a question
It's just a job, nothing more
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  GAJanuary 10, 2018
I am responsible for cleaning a building on a college campus. The work can be physically demanding, and the students /faculty are unnecessarily messy. Management has made promises of a bonus but we never received it. There has not been any mentioning of a raise, because we most likely will not get one.The only good things about this job is minimal supervision, working alone, and night shift hours.
Pros
Night shift, minimum supervision, working alone
Cons
low pay, no paid holidays, no bonus, false promises, poor benefits, too much work for the pay, biweekly pay, working every Sunday, some of the staff are cliquish
Very stressful
cleaner,waxing, buffing,stripping floors (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 9, 2018
I loved the schools that I cleaned at and their faculty
workers. The problem was GCA bosses which was not trained very well and did not perform their work duties leaving it for other managers.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
stress
Friendly environment
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 8, 2018
Learned about different chemicals..management was great along with reliable information..Flexable hours and work with your schedule.gives you a great feeling of being appreciated!
Corporation only looks at bottom line
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 8, 2018
GCA was not competitive in pay before it was bought by ABM. Now ABM is looking to take completely over and does not care about the people at "the bottom of the food chain" that make up the company. Without these people, the corporation would not be making money. The pay is low and the work is hard.
great place to work.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 7, 2018
it was a great job but it was not for me. work hard and cool place to meet new people. cool people and place wish i had stay long but the place was not for me.
GCA gave the employees a variety of job duties which made the day go by .
Laborer (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJanuary 5, 2018
The job was always a challenge to complete task that took effort and continuous keep busy. It gave individuals flexible schedules to complete the day.
Pros
Steady work is always good for everyone that wants to work.
Cons
Cold eviroment times could be a drag.
It will pay the bills
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 4, 2018
The job will give you hours, but doesn't care about your life outside of work. If you enjoy making plans and having a social life, you're not going to enjoy your time with GCA. If management wants us to work overtime, you're lucky if you get a few days notice. It got to a point where we would have to put in a request form whenever we made plans, otherwise we would be expected to work. Even if we were scheduled to have that time off.

Also the fact that you're only getting paid 10.50 (at best) for cleaning human waste and providing maintenance is a bit ridiculous. There have also been multiple times where my coworkers and I had our overtime hours put onto a different account so they wouldn't pay us extra money. GCA does not care about you as an employee.
Pros
Lots of hours, Long breaks, Minimal supervision
Cons
Lack of social life, Not a lot of days off
Inconsistent and unorganized
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 3, 2018
Typical days would be just walking around for hours and taking out trash, recycling, sweeping, mopping spills, dusting and etc. You were on your feet all day but the job was very slow paced and relaxed. Management was bad. There was a lot of confusion about our schedules and we went without a boss for about a month. At times I couldn't even get in touch with someone to find out when I work. Eventually I couldn't contact my manager to see if I was still employed or not and I still haven't heard anything in almost 6 months.
Pros
Slow Paced
Cons
Unorganized
Work smart not Hard
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2018
It's a good place to work if you're trying to pay a bill off or the rent it can pay what you need, and it's not fast paced and no one is looking over your shoulder.
Pros
You get to meet new people and be inspired by them to do better
Cons
no advancement, or over time
friendly environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 3, 2018
come to work from 5-10, learned a lot about DuPonts history, management was like family. the hardest part about my job was working at night, i enjoyed all of my coworkers
Pros
got to meet all types of people and see some really good plays on the weekend
Cons
getting work done early and trying to make time go by fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GCA Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6