GCA Services Group Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible Job
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day changed often, due to terrible management, lack of employee's, lack of proper materials to complete assigned tasks. Was given a promotion to clean two schools instead of just one, which was doing twice the amount of work I normally performed. I was promised a raise, but never received it, and when I asked upper management about my raise, they would tell me it was being applied to my next check, but still, I never received it. After five other paychecks passed and I never received it, I asked management if I could step down, considering the amount of work I had to do, without the correct pay rate. And at that time, was when I was terminated from the company .
Pros
Enjoyed the relationships I built with fellow employees.
Cons
No pay raises given, lack of good upper management, lack of employees, lack of materials to perform job duties.
terible
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJanuary 28, 2016
Stayed Busy plenty of work ,40+ hours a week I worked with this company for 3+ years with no pay raise no benefit and no encouragement of any kind from management. I worked hard and long hours without complaining.This company lacked poor management with absolutely NO Compensation or regards for there employees.
Pros
work all the hours overtime
Cons
lack acknowledgement
Great Opportunity-success brings 70 hr work weeks
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  WestFebruary 16, 2016
A true professional with great customer service can succeed quickly with GCA. However the hours it takes to be successful can be overwhelming. Benefits are expensive but having a company vehicle is nice. Holding yourself up in a beat down industry can be rough but handling stress and multitasking can be a great attribute. Most good people without criminal history who are pushed to work extremely hard to earn their small wage is difficult to overcome.
Pros
company vehicle/promotions based on merit
Cons
benefits/hours/minimum wage workers
Very unorganized
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 30, 2016
The pay was good but the supervisors was rude and nasty. Everyone complains about the supervisors and the manager will suspend or fire who complains. Tell you he's giving you your raise and you never see it. No one never stays at the job long because it's messy and unorganized .
Cons
short breaks, unorganized, supervisors have nasty attitudes
Excellent company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 3, 2016
GCA Service Group is a large company with experienced managers and officers. the companies has a great benefits packages, advancement potential, and job culture
Not a bad company to work for.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work consists of me doing my job while watching others do their job while having to sometimes stop doing my job to help them do their job. I don't mind stopping to help. Many times I get called over the intercom to the office for a cleanup or just to unlock doors.
I learned how to deal with people who speak a completely different language. You have to use sign language. Full body sign language.
The management is okay. They're lazy, but that is to be expected of management in any corporation.
My coworkers are all nice people, once I got to know them, and after we finally put a crack in the communication barrier.
The hardest part of the job. The job itself is easy. Extremely so. The hardest part is the 30 minute wait at the end of the day to go home. The part where everything is done and the hands on the clock move slowly.
The most enjoyable part for me is socializing with the people I get along with while I work. You always have those people that you just smile and nod to.
Pros
Downtime over the summer
Cons
Downtime over the summer = no money.
Work hard and be on time
Custodian (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 6, 2016
Clean assigned areas. Cleaning techniques are similar to what I have used before. Management is disgruntle, but, try to be fair. Co workers work hard and try to work as a team. The hardest part of the job is also having to answer to principals as well as bosses.
Cons
Given unpaid days on regular basis because school is closed.
short term job
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 13, 2016
The Accouunt is a good place to work Managers and account managers are decent people to work for company only gives out cost of living raises, no real time off and pretty poor health insurance overall they give impression that they do not want long term employees
Pros
managers decent
Cons
not along term job
Terrible company over worked and under paid
custodian (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNOctober 4, 2015
They have their picks dayporter is out of control thinks theyre the boss when theyre nonthing but a worker just like you supervisors listen to whatever the dayporter says they don't hear both sides UNFAIR!!! Work isnt evenly spread. One person cleans just abou t the WHOLE school and when you ask for help its a big problem. Dayporter walks around ALL day doing nonthing, talking on the phone for hrs, complaining about everything, smoke breaks all day long. Total bs!!! They dont care about their employees. You can work 3, 4 yrs, and no raise, NONTHING at all. Account managers/supervisors are terrible, lazy, and appreciative. They expect you to work like slaves. Think twice about working for this company. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!
Pros
Cons
over worked and underpaid unfair work schedules just flat out terrible
Plenty of overtime
Firewatch/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 22, 2016
Company needs better management. Company needs better benefits and annual raises. Company needs more personnel for staffing.
Very poor company to work for. Treat lower employees terribly, Company only cares about dollar. Offers poor insurance for employees management has b
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 26, 2015
Very poor company to work for. Cares only about profit. Low pay for all employees on the front line. Poor insurance benefits for employees as well. Management staff gets different insurance which is considerable better. One of the worst companies I have ever worked for
Pros
Cons
Healthcare, pay
Good work environment
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 14, 2016
I cleaned classrooms, floors as well as guide my team to perfection. I learned that schools can be very messy. Management at this company was hard to follow. They did not train everyone properly. My co-workers were very professional and enjoyable to work with. Hardest part of the job was not knowing what to accomplish first because it was always changing. The staff at the schools made the job very enjoyable as well.
Overworked and under staffed
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2016
Like I've read in all the reviews 90% of them break this company as a very awful place to work for the following reasons like all the other reviews not enough staff to do the work properly in adequate equipment to perform the job they want you to do and when you place your inventory request upper management Orders what they want and tells you that's all you get had to purchase parts from my own money just to make sure staff was able to complete their job on a daily and weekly basis
Pros
they will offer you all kind of promises to get you in the door
Cons
That's what they are a bunch of cons
Hard workers neede
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  FLNovember 21, 2015
You are expected to work to the best of your abilities during a typical day of work. You are expected to be self motivated and to use time wisely. Management talks at you, not to you. Co-workers are hard working. The hardest part of the job is being pushed to work harder than you are already are.
Pros
Every day has new challenges
Cons
Short breaks, expensive healthcare, low wages
hard work with little paid but amazing company
GCA service group (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2016
my job started at 1 in the afternoon. I lern for the first time how to work in an cleaning company. I was very comfortable with my management, I was nice and friendly with them and them to me. In every job I have been I have made nw friends. I didnt have any problem during my working hours. my new fri
Pros
my new friends, my new cleaning skills
Cons
location, no beneficts
Not a good job...AT ALL
Lead site wide assistant manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2016
My time at GCA was not a good ride... Upon getting hire I was promised they would match my pay..*LIE*, I worked with a person that would send me on different assignments only to take credit and throw me under the bus when I wasn't around.. Very poor management.. For me to be of some superior you would think I would have a say so about my well being..*NOPE*. No communication at all.. Very unprofessional. They're always too busy to address their employees with their need or frustrations,but show up to take your badge or to write you up.. Anybody can write you up and you can't do nothing about it but take it.. They use the write up to add Interference in your raise... Whatever you ask has to be within their budget..SMH.. Very high schoolish, Not Loyal to employees... DONT TRUST THEM... *FAVORTISM*
Pros
Cons
The job as a whole
Co workers are great with GCA
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 30, 2015
There are limited benefits: As a supervisor I am paid for holidays, there is no insurance, no vacation pay, no time off for holidays with pay. There is no room for advancement with this company. The morale of the employees is low due to the fact that they do not receive pay for the holidays or vacation.
Horrible customer Service and Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 11, 2016
GCA was a started by former ABM Managers and was run into the ground with poor customer service , Charging clients for services they didn't perform and just overall dishonesty. Most of those people have left the company, only to leave it in the hands of the current General Manager in the Tukwila office, who has no morals and the company as a whole , is poorly organized, which is why they have so many management job available...once you get hired , you find out how the company is run and they quit. This company will soon be going out of business or closing some of their offices... they can even hire sales people to get new contacts because they only have one in Portland....because most people in the Janitorial Management field, know this is a bad company to work for as a Manager. ..if your considering working as a Manager for this company ...don't waste your time.
Pros
not one I can think of.....
Cons
Poor Company History / poor pay
it was an okay job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2016
Performed regular maintenance of the University of Texas Houston in various floors in order for professors and students to continue their daily routine. Washed and spot-cleaned furniture, blackboards, mirrors, wastebaskets and garbage cans, office machines and ashtrays. Polished furniture and metal fixtures. Gathered and emptied trash and recycling bins. Dusted and mopped all hard surfaces. Scraped gum off of hard surfaces and carpet. Set up and took down chairs and tables. Wet mopped and spot mopped public corridors, washrooms and classrooms. Dusted furniture, walls, machines and equipment. Stripped, sealed, finished and polished floors. Notified building managers about needed repairs and replacement equipment. Maintained all janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition. Operated janitorial equipment properly and safely. Safely operated equipment such as vacuum cleaners, floor buffers and carpet machines.
Maxed out after two years
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 11, 2016
I was dedicated and worked hard, but my manager told me the only was to advance would be promoted to an account manager.

I thought that my dedication and hard work would eventually pay off in the aspect of a pay raise which was denied one too many times for my efforts. I also was informed after not receiving a pay raise in 3 years that I would not receive one.
Pros
I worked there 5 years
Cons
The company seeks quanitity over quality and they do not care about their employees out in the field, I witenessed a lot of favoritism by management whom did not treat all employees with equal regard, Sr. Management is very poor and does not keep up a personal relationship with clients.

2.6