GCA Services Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work.
Bander/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Lexington, NCAugust 22, 2015
Very hot building, supervisors tend to be idiots, and if you are one of the good workers they expect you to pick up other people's slack while those same people continue to get by with goofing off. The rules are not enforced.
a fun place
transporter (Current Employee), atlanta gaAugust 19, 2015
very challenging and easy to get along with fellow workers but can be hard at times. but i am happy to have worked with them
Life
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Millington, TNAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: good
It kelp me moving, bumped a couple of people while trying to get around to settle all the orders out fast and getting them out to the cars but overal i loved it.
Easy job, checks below poverty!!
Lead Custodian (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Meet teachers, parents, principals and children
Cons: doesn't pay good unless you are a manager, can't keep employees.
As long as you can work on your feet 7 1/2 hours a day and clean its a okay job. Management pays family members and close friends way more money, than a employee who goes the extra mile. Come to work clean classrooms and bathrooms, maintain hall floors and glass, thats a normal day. Co workers are great! The hardest part of the job is knowing you can't move up unless you are friend of the family or family itself. You will stay at $8.15 -$9.00 for your career. The only enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people due to the company not being able to keep people.
poor management
Project Mgr (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYAugust 11, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything about his company is a Con
i would not work for this company ever again. they didn't want to pay you what you was supposed to get. they always messing up checks and missing hours. they make you work with hardly no help and then yell at you when you don't get the job done.
Unorganized 3rd Party Staffing Vendor
HR Recruiter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Easy Job
Cons: Unorganized Office Structure and Leadership
Their Orlando office structure is unorganized and inefficient. While there I seen various Human Resources, Employment Law and plain old unethical standard office procedure violations. Their files are a mess, there is no job specification or accountability for tasks. The office is ran by an Administrative Assistant who oversees 3-4 Administrative Assistants a File Clerk and a PT Front Office Receptionist. This office has everyone doing everything and the inability to provide clear direction with task is not all it lacks. There is a push and pull hostile work environment between Management and HR. The office lacks desk space, phone lines, office equipment and other main essentials required to just do business. This was the worst office I have ever worked at.
good place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), Crowley, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: breaks
good place to work good work environment to work in good employees good management to work for best place to work great people to work with employees were great
Site Management
On-Site Account Manager at Freescale (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Excellent managers, great employees
GCA provided me with the job to use my 15 years experience at Freescale Semiconductor to manage a staff of 170 + staff of contract production temporary employees. Day to day staff management is my speciality.
extremely underpaid
Lead Driver (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 5, 2015
co-workers are ok, but management is terrible. Drive for 8 hours a day for $10 an hour and commute 94 miles a day to and from work. Can't support a family with this wage.
Be willing and able to work and work and work!
Cleaning Crew Member (Former Employee), Wadsworth, TXJune 28, 2015
Pros: Meet new and exciting people
Cons: pay is not enough for the amount of work you do
From the time you clock in till the time you clock out all you do is clean clean and clean some more. The hardest part of this job is re arranging your life around the job.
Great Workplace in The School System
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee), Jackson, TNJune 9, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No Hours
When I arrive to work ill clock in Gather all of my supplies and Chemicals and begin to work there are no hard parts of the job and i enjoyed greeting my co-workers and supervisor everyday . I've learned how to work machines and chemicals i have never used before
Horrible upper management
Cleaner (Former Employee), Columbus, INJune 7, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything!
This company does not run things fairly at ALL. Upper management has no "balls" and allows whichever company you are contracted through to treat you horribly, and your employment is in THEIR hands, instead of GCA's. In essence, they will let anyone terminate your employment. People who are not even related to GCA. It is horribly unorganized. Myself and other GCA employees once went five weeks without getting paid. When we finally did get paid, our pay was WRONG. I would never recommend ANYONE to work for this crooked company! They don't care for their employees and will work you to death for minimum reward. They like to fire good employees, and keep the employees who do not do their jobs or do their jobs well.
great experience
Janitor/Custodian (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJune 1, 2015
Pros: different location and employees
Cons: late paychecks
I enjoyed the company, coworkers and management. The only complaint that I had was their payroll department could use some work on timing and accurate information
GCA
Custodial (Former Employee), MichiganMay 21, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no breaks, poor benefits, low wages, no compensation for lower employees
Very big turnover , many people quit. No good benefits for the lower man, poor pay. The job does not pay custodians well, nor do they have good health insurance for the employees.
The employees I have spoken to were not pleased with the company
VERY WELL BALANCED AND PRODUCTIVE WORK ENVIORMENT
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIMay 11, 2015
Pros: COMPENSATION
Cons: HOURS
VERY WELL TRAINED AND WELL BALANCED AND SKILLED WORK ENVIRONMENT A VERY HIGH MOTIVATED COMPANY THAT EXPECTS NOTHING BUT THE BEST FROM ALL ITS STAFF INCLUDING MANAGMENT
get to meet alot of people and learn to work as a team.
utility worker (Current Employee), troy michiganApril 27, 2015
Good company to start off with and learn a lot. Put in hard work and it will be recognized. Easy to get along with co workers and you get to learn how to work as a team.
GCA Services Operations
Site Custodial Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Better benefits
Company has a good reputation, however the company policies need re-evaluation, as policy's are not enforced.

Great flexibility, good job however need better communication and support from Human Resources.
Decent company, poorly administrated
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee), flApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work is not very lovely. from management not supporting staff to plain out favoritism.management will keep you in the dark at all times, when one asks about anything "it is none of your business"
GCA Services
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee), Columbus, INApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good pay from what I used to make
Cons: 3rd Shift job disconnected my family
Cleaned restrooms, break rooms, and office areas

My boss was probably the best boss you could ask for

I had this job for the sale reason of getting more money and that's the only plus about it
GCA was a good company to work for.
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: benifit package and advancement possibilities were great
Cons: family would not tolerate the constant relocation required for advancement.
This was a very interesting contract in that they were utilizing the cleaning standards I helped to work on thru APPA (national facility professional organization). I found the practical application of the standards work. This gave me a effective communication tool between me, the customer and GCA management.