GCA

GCA Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2015
customer services, good paid, team work, management, organization, safe place,the hardest part of the job is cleaning the cars,
Horrible Management Team
PPG Contractor (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHJuly 23, 2015
Pros: No pros
Cons: benefits offered such as healthcare were expensive
My co-workers were friendly, the management team was unorganized, benefits was horrible, didn't live up to their promises as far as pay raises or giving employees a better role as far as moving up from one position to another.
FUN AND SAVE PLACE
UTILITY (Current Employee), RICHMOND CHEVRONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCHES, SAFETY, HEALTHCARE, PAY
Cons: SHORT LUNCH AND BREAKS
I LOVE WORKING IN THIS AREA BECAUSE I LEAR LOT OF THINGS AND GOT NICE CO-WORKERS THAT ARE EASY TO GO BY MANAGEMENT IS THERE ALWAYS TO HELP FOCUSING ON SAFETY
its and okay place to work.
Lead Custodian (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2015
Pros: that they will find a site to work on closet to your home.
Cons: no maternity benefits unless you have been there a 1 year.
it pays the bills, they don't like to give pay raise,no pay during maternity not unless you've been there a year. and they do'nt like to pay unemployment.
Working for GCA
Janitor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 13, 2015
i would come in around 5:30 if there is no games in the gym or anyone in the school i would clean the main bathroom. After that i would have to clean 12 classrooms (dusting ,cleaning tables, and changing trash/mopping). It was just me and two other coworkers. the hardest part about the job is when i know i cleaned something and someone comes in tells me i havent. the job was very easy and laid back
Great managment
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, CAJuly 8, 2015
Great management staff and room to advance. They believe in Safety first and really care about their employees. They have a great training program and make sure you have the tools you need to complete your job.
My typical cleaning day
Custodian (Current Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNJuly 8, 2015
Pros: it keeps you active, dusting the hallways
Cons: working at night, when there is a bad storm i have to go in
When i first walk in, I clock in. Then, I speak to my boss. I'll go into my closet and make sure i have all of my cleaning supplies so I can get ready to work. The hardest part of my job is emptying the heavy trash. The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking to my peers. My co-workers and I are a great team and are very social.
Productive work environment with an team work experience.
Student Worker (Former Employee), Western Michigan UniversityJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule when it came to schooling
Cons: No health care benefits, No job security
A typical day at GCA in my experience, we come to clock it on time. Next we would get our work assignments from our on duty supervisor. I learn a lot about how to correctly and professionally clean dining halls and dormitory rooms. My co-workers at times seems lazy but we always got our work done efficiently. In my opinion the hardest part of my job was having the mental capacity to do the tedious work that needed to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job was know that in the morning I could come in to a clean dining hall.
Friendly people
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSJune 4, 2015
Sometimes it was good and it was bad.Some of the teachers were nice but some of them weren't very nice but overall i liked it.
heavy workload
Janitor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 27, 2015
Low wages, lots of work, working 8 hours in a 24 hour facility and being reprimanded for incomplete work, poor management.
life working with GCA
janitorary staff (Former Employee), midlothain vaMay 18, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: health care
Go into the school and get gloves and goggles. clock in with your number and the get your kart with your mop bucket and duster big trash can and broom and dust pan. I go into a classroom and first grab trash and put new bags in trash cans. Then I dust all around the room twice a week. After I dust I wipe down the desk with sanitary cleaner and then I continue my job by sweeping with the broom as well as dust mop. Finally I mop the floor and turn off the lights and lock the door and start all over.
Can be improved
Janitor (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 15, 2015
A typical day i work 6-10 cleaning the 3rd floor of my assigned school.
I learned how to clean properly and use the t3 machines
management is good but can be more organized
co-workers are good
hardest part is limited supplies
most enjoyable part is doing what i can
lack of communication. high stress job.
Janitorial (Former Employee), parma, ohioMay 11, 2015
it was a third shift job, so I just felt it was not for me. you were responsible for your own area, were you had to take out the garbage, clean offices, vaccum, mop, clean entire bathrooms, dust, sanitize and stock common areas.
boring job with bad pay
Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: everything about this job stinks
i wouldnt recommend this job to no one, management is horrible rate of pay should be higher but main manager wants a bonus and under pays employees, this job is just that a job till you can replace it
work in progress
HVAC?ELEC (Current Employee), BFEApril 28, 2015
wonderful group of people , never got the memos on whether we were working or not on fri. and sat .better remember to call and check on thur. if it isn't too late. "always hate to bother people during off hours, but never were or minded being bothered.
good to work at
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2015
hard work
using forklift
co workers are nice and good people
there is no hard parts at this job.
you have to be on time for this job
good pay
Working conditions and lack of consistent training
Gate, Vehicle Return (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: Like working with the customers. Met a lot of nice people.
Cons: No breaks, poor communication.
Work in heat and cold with no breaks. Training was inconsistent with one manager saying one thing and another saying the opposite.
Horrible racist Companie
Supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: hiring process
Cons: easy to lose
work, work, and, more work, without break

i lot things, that now i can't use somewhere else

un-profesional management,

fine co-workers

hard to keep your job, you never know what the corporate want from you eaven when you work 14 hours a day for 45 days straigh,

easy hiring process
Wasn't happy
Supervisor (Former Employee), Newport, MIApril 9, 2015
I liked the people I worked with but not so much the environment, or the management. Also, this job took up a lot of my life and wasn't very encouraging.
Productive and fast pace enviroment
Warehouse Sanitation Team Leader (Current Employee), Pocomoke City, MDApril 8, 2015
On an average day I clean the warehouse at Sysco Eastern Maryland. I have learned numerous amount of things and I enjoy working here. My schedule varies as employees quit or get terminated and I need a more set schedule.

1 2 3 4 5