GCG Employee Reviews in United States

Will fire you anytime
Translator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 9, 2016
I would not recommend GCG for employment. They only hire people from temp agencies on a contract for 6 months. They do not train properly and fire people for any reason even if you are not late to work or miss any work. They promised me 6 month contract and fired me two weeks later because of low scores for a review of the 20 claims I did for them; I just started to get the hang of the job and they did not want me to get better they just fired me. I had quit my previous job to take this contract for a better pay and now I don't have a job because of this company. This company does not care about you or anyone. Stay away from this company and don't quit your job to take this job
Pros
free chips and nice managers
Cons
Mass firing any time. Poor training
Productive workplace with co-workers and Team Leaders.
Claims Processor Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 12, 2015
Great company to work for. Nice environment, benefits were good. The most enjoyable part of the job was you had to be a team worker everyone got alone. I learned how to Multi Task. Volunteered to work on numerous days when overtime was needed. Work directly with numerous individuals throughout the facility as well as administrator to ensure things were handled in an orderly and timely manner.
Good company, employment was only temporary.
Claims Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 6, 2015
Good company, employment was only temporary for as long as the assignment lasted. You could relocate with company if willing to move out of state. Learned about insurance claims.
Pros
Many appreciation days and showed gratitude for what we were doing
Cons
Temporary employment, travel time from home to work. Cell phone problems.
Great Place to Work
Data Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 21, 2015
Many interesting and challenging project with great people.
Training here is more of trial by disaster. I tried to encourage better training methods, but time and budget seem to make this a back burner item.
Pros
Great people
Cons
High Stress
A puppy mill for lawyers
Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2015
GCG is absolutely the worst place I have ever been employed. All profits are generated by having a workforce composed almost entirely of disposable temporary workers. The pay is low, and as most employees are temps there are few benefits. While lower level managers can be nice people, there is rampant incompetence that makes work frustrating. And at higher management levels there seems to be a disdain for the lower level workers that become palpable whenever they visit from the East Coast.

Seriously, if there is any way you can avoid working there, do so.
Pros
Some of the people working there are nice
Cons
It's a pit of despair with no valuable work experiences.
legal firm assignment would only allow assignment for one year
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2015
Work with detailed and confidential information
handling delicate earnings and budgeting statistics that was time sensitive.
Very fast past
Documenting information on files very important
Pros
Attendance a must, not being present can sit you back
Cons
Had all information needed and all tools were available for me to do my job.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 26, 2015
it has a full recreation room with ping pong table and basketball goal. Outside there is a pond and plenty of places to sit. The parking is pretty good and the people are amazing to work with.
temp job
Escalations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 9, 2015
really enjoyed working here. this was a temp position. for 6 months. i love assisting customers who were involved in the oil spill in the gulf of mexico. verifying that there claim information was accurate, and process correctly. to insure a timely turn around time for there the funding.
Pros
great people and work environment
Cons
was only a temp job
productive fast pace enviroment offering wonderful competive salary and wages with multiple growth opportunities
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 10, 2015
My overall review of Garden City group is that it is a wonderful fast pace environment to work in. The president and the Ceo of the company care a great deal about their associates. The Director and Managers always get together to plan different activities for the associates to do. The schedules are well planned out so the everyone has an opportunity to enjoy the festive moments & opportunities. GCG offers a very comprehensive competitive wage per hour and yearly,.
Pros
Supervisors are all awesome Company has many activites for employees
Cons
short break sometimes
Productive, calm relaxing setting but fun.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 29, 2015
On a daily basis we would take inbound calls from climates wanting to receive information about either the status of their claim for a class action settlement, how to file a claim and information on if they are eligible. I learned how to improve my customer service by receiving positive criticism from our scores we would receive on at three of our calls at least three times a week and I found that very helpful to know what I am doing great and what I need to work on. My coworkers were nice, very helpful when our supervisor might have been busy. The hardest part about the job was having to give people bad news about their claims, and the enjoyable part was being able to give claimants information that could truly help them with their claim.
Pros
We had fun activities every month.
Cons
Short breaks but it wasn't too bad.
Great fast paced work atmosphere
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 10, 2015
Loved working here. wages were great, hours great. Loved the atmosphere here, professional, fast paced, wonderful co workers. Miss working there. I took inbound calls on litigation cases, answered questions about their case, updated info as needed. But job security is a problem with the company.
A very unique Social environment to work in
Supervisor/CSR (Former Employee) –  TempeJuly 17, 2015
A typical day, was anything but. aside from duties as a supervisor such as attendance everyday brought me new challenges, and with the team i had to work with, this made everyday fun.
Claims Administration
Claims Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OhioApril 10, 2015
Supporting inbound claims and call activity has increased my claims administration skills. The agents are friendly. The management staff could improve on personal skills.However,I did Enjoyed speaking with potential claimants on a daily basis.
Pros
Excellent claims exposure
Cons
Staffing needs vary rapidly
Productive but you are not compensated well for the amount of work asked of you. The culture within the company is not healthy.
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYMay 26, 2015
A company that is a leader in claims administration but underpay their workers. The culture within the company is not healthy.
Great place to grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2015
GCG helped my customer service skills tremendously. The supervisors were constantly helping everyone and giving feedback all the time.
Pros
fulltime mon-fri good pay
Cons
they laid me off
Great Work Environment
Claims Administrator- Relayed (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 11, 2015
Relayed legal information in a clear format for clients. Acted as a point of contact for all incoming and outgoing co-counsel requests. Corresponded daily with clients who has difficult issues to resolve. Demonstrated mastery of customer service call script within specified time frames.
Fast-paced and fun atmosphere.
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work is sitting in a cubicle and staying focused on the tasks that are available to us.
I have learned to pay close attention to the small details.
Management is fair and fun.
My co-workers are friendly and family oriented.
The hardest part of my job is focusing when business is down.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the work itself. Processing and entering client information.
Productive, organized, fast paced
Call Representative and claims processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2014
The Claimants are interesting to read about, and communicate with.
Atmosphere was at times stressful, not due to work load but due to some nosy Co-workers, but most co-workers were a joy to be around and work with. I gained more skills with this job, with communication, and dealing with different situations.
Pros
nice co-workers, beautiful view
Cons
poor management
Good company with a lot of creative opportunty to solve problems.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Absolute work life balance, but not during release week, which was once a month. People were very experienced and had to work to build consensus to make anything happen.
Pros
free bear fridays
Cons
need more executive involvement
I have learned a ton here.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 21, 2014
This job is great, they have taught me so much, i have worked on many different cases for them and eve worked in their mail processing room which was new for me and a great learning experience. if the job was permanent i would be super happy, because it is not i need the job security. Management is friendly and always willing to teach new things, and i have met some great people. The hardest thing is that I'm just an agency temp here.
Pros
schedule, pay rate, the people, learning experience
Cons
temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GCG. Our community is ready to answer.