GCS

GCS Employee Reviews

Good company with good values
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Washington DCJune 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits
Cons: Weekend work frequent
The job was fast paced and multi-faceted. Superiors and project managers were willing to help and impart knowledge when appropriate. I learned much concerning contract procurement and estimating as well as project management and became LEED certified. My superiors nurtured my development and encouraged me to become LEED Green Associate. Subsequently to becoming a LEED Green Associate I began assisting in LEED project certification and eventually certified my first project LEED Gold on my own merit.
fun place
Group Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 10, 2015
I learn how to run a big group.
In put employees information into database.
Made sure all work was complete.
My employees where great to working with and got along great with them.
I enjoy to see my employees happy.
I love working for GCS
Project Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2015
I have really enjoyed working for GCS. I have grown exponentially in the last few years, and feel it has been a great experience.
Fast Paced
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Summersville, WVMarch 10, 2015
I was able to interact with several customers over the phone. Loved working there. The managers on staff where also very nice.
GCS was a good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ashland City, TNJanuary 26, 2015
GCS was good about keeping us in the supplies we needed as well as access to all necessary work stations. A good place to learn self sufficiency.
productive and a very fast paced job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pueblo, CODecember 10, 2014
Pros: the bonuses
Cons: the short breaks
always busy with phone calls,learned a lot about the internet.had a great manager and a great supervisor.co-workers some were nice and would talk up a storm with you. some kept to themselves.the hardest part of the job was explaining the internet with customer over the phone.and the most enjoyable part of the job was when i got my sales for the day and bonus.
Great for a first time job,and great experience.
Data Entry Representative (Current Employee), Pueblo, COOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, week ends off 9-5hours
Cons: management
I have definitely learned a lot from this company. From data entry to customer service, sales and more. Management is where it became difficult,because I don't believe in favoritism and this is a big issue they had. Co workers were amazing I get along with just about anybody.
sales, fun atmosphere
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJune 10, 2014
Pros: i get bonuses for sales
Cons: no benefits
I sell Comcast products and services. Its a fun atmosphere. I get bonuses for sales. No Benefits
Excellent Challenges and Development
Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
Ecolab is a great place for development and networking. The customer interactions and cross functional team work is invaluable in developing the right professional career path.
My experience at GCS
Commercial Service HVAC Technician (Former Employee), South Bend, INApril 25, 2014
Pros: vacation days, company was dedicated to schooling and certification
Cons: travel distance between calls.
Serviced and repaired various kitchen equipment and refridgeration equipment. Took a class on Garland Ovens and rebuilding Copeland Compressors. Management was located in California. My area was Indiana so most contact was via phone. Co-workers were always very helpful and professional. Travel was the hardest part of this job. Some service calls where over 100 miles apart. The pay and the benefits of this job matched our tech experience.
A great company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no benefits
I would love to go back as soon an opening come up. They people was great to work with and the location was good
Multi branch operations
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great place for me to use my expertise and grow
Cons: company was sold
I joined the company when they were running into financial problem.

My analysis was that there was that they were over their head with the IBM 360. There was no account payable/cash flow control. I implemented a complete accounting software and gain control of the ash disbursement. With the knowledge, we were able to make promise and commitment with our major suppliers. I also implemented financial and operational reported to guard the company's performance.

I then decentralized inventory control, invoicing, accounts receivable and payable to the branch level. That speeds up collection and provided branch with inventory information to guide their purchases.

I develop a home grown service dispatch system to manage service technicians and the inventory need for services.
l Learn alot working for this company
Medical Biller Externship (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYMarch 7, 2014
Pros: learning about the job of the medical biller
Cons: no full time employment
I learned alot working for this company. Especially what a medical biller does.
Great company
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunity
Experience was very rewarding. The atmosphere was very professional. I learned that the agency I worked for was created by an act of congress. the co workers were very supportive and I enjoyed collaborating on issues of the day with the team.
Nice Recruiter
TEMP (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 20, 2014
I would recommend everyone to this Temp company. They are professional and current with automated systems.
They are out of Business
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Allen, TX.January 16, 2014
I liked working there, learned a lot and made a lot of friends. Sad when they closed there doors.
This was the easiest call center job I have ever had.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 19, 2013
Pros: pay was good, no script, as much over time as you wanted.
Cons: managers are called the "mean girls", must work weekends, mandatory overtime, no free parking unless you want to walk 2-3 blocks to work, you don't get paid your first check for a whole month, you cannot cross-train into another region, no part time positions.
Go in, find a computer, log in, and take calls. These calls were NOT from comcast customers. These calls were from comcast door to door reps. I was in the Chicago region (which was supposed to be the hardest region, but was cake) You take the calls and enter the d2d reps customers orders into the system....
Good Place to Work
Team Leader/Travel Planning Services (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 23, 2013
Pros: hour lunch and good managment
Cons: contractor for nycta cant get exact answers all the time
Good place to build a foundation and to move up the ranks. Makes going to work an experience to look forward to. Being a team leader makes the day rewarding to give to others and give others information to help further their futures
typical work day
sales agent (Former Employee), Huntington, WVMay 14, 2013
Pros: pd holidays, vacation, health benefits
Cons: short breaks
I took inbound calls , selling accidental insurance, home warranty products, my co workers were pleasant to work with,I enjoyed making sales and hitting goals
Good management, safe work place, and opportunity for promotion.
Help Desk / Network Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2013
I have to configure, image, and customize new or replacement PCs in a typical day at work.

GCS Salaries