GDH Consulting Employee Reviews

Great company
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 10, 2015
The time that I spend with GDH Consulting was extremely rewarding. I was able to grow as an employee and learn new things. I was encouraged to be a free thinker and to optimize my abilities in a team setting. There was no micro managing only trust in the abilities of the employee. Everyone felt like someone and for me that is a key to success. The only downsize is that contracts tended to only last a year, which has its pros and cons. In one hand you learn a lot about different businesses and organizations and their operations. However, on the other hand the lack of stability and constant change can be demanding.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Contract Expiration
Very supportive
Coordinator position (Former Employee) –  KSJuly 29, 2015
Great to work for and management is very supportive. Provide good paying jobs. whether temporary or perminent. I would recommend them to anyone.
Implementation Specilaist
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2015
AS this employment we take our work very serious . We work hard and rest when needed.

hardest part is the travel 100%
Enjoyable - Meeting new people
Pros
Points for travel
Great Environment with Skilled Administrators and Supervisors
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 16, 2015
The work environment at GDH is very accommodating and encouraging. They provide all necessary tools and training to become successful in the workplace. I learned to manage my time better and organize tasks based on changing priorities. My co-workers were very supportive and my recruiter made it a point to check in with me weekly to make sure everything was going well. Being a remote workers was the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job. It was an intentional effort to not allow the comfort of home to distract from the nature of work. My office had to be approached as if I were leaving home to commute to work.
Productive assembly line w minimal oversight
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 15, 2015
A typical day includes being provided a set quota of work to be completed. The team works independently towards this common goal. From assembly, to test, and ultimately shipping, the team typically works as individual processes separate from one another. Management provides the freedom to assess and execute work at your own discretion as long as goals are met. The hardest part of this job is managing the work load appropriately. The most enjoyable part is the sense of accomplishment when the team has met their daily goal.
Pros
Freedom to manage work individually
Cons
Responsibility for production falls squarely on your own shoulders
excellent company to work with. Needs longer contracts.
Associate Project Manager Manager, Kevin Toups (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 11, 2015
Enjoyed the work. Management always available for any questions or issues.

Co workers believed in team work

Not any real hard part. In was US located , other project members were Internaional..
Negative
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 24, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of me listening to my boss ramble on about himself. Probably the worst work environment of all. This is not the dynamic company they want you to think they are. GDH has managed to hire some of the most lackluster people and placed them into management roles. It's just an extremely depressing environment.
Pros
not one
Cons
low pay, unprofessional, de motivating, sneaky, dishonest.
Cable work, Fiber Optics work, Driving
Fiber Optics Technician/CAT 5 Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for this Company as they provided many different types of work to choose from and provided on the job training before hand. They provided the vehicle to work from and generally provided a work partner if the job required an electrician as well. Provided Large company work such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, Etc.. The company took care of the per-diem needed to take on long distance jobs, and they were thoughtful to family needs in case of emergencies.
Pros
Was able to visit every state in the USA and sight see to boot.
Cons
Usually worked overnight and was on the road for months at a time
No problems with work experience
TAP Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2015
Performed a short term contract. Everyone was up front about job and had no issues with duties. Traveled to small public schools and surveyed IT infrastructure
Productive and meaningful work enviroment.
EIM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 25, 2015
The people I worked with were all very nice and easy to get along with.
They were all very helpful in teaching new skills, programs, and anything job related.
The management were all very nice and easily worked with you.
The hardest part of the job was the end of the day, because you were ready to go home after a long day.
My favorite part of the job was all the people I got to work with.
Pros
Meals were provided, all co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Cons
Long days
interesting places to work.
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  albuquerque, nmMarch 23, 2015
lack of hours and work. no contact after a job is finished for another job. no hours but high pay when you do work. wouldn't recommend if you nee a long term job.
GDH Consulting
Windows 7 Migration Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2015
I have only worked a short time with GDH, The staff are pleasant and are help full.

At Gavilon I deploy machines for a Windows 7 conversion, I format and build systems according to need.
Pros
contract work
Cons
contract work
Be Careful
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 29, 2014
Fast growing company that is based on bad ethics and alcohol. If you enjoy drinking on the job then this is for you. There is very little job security. Management is almost non existent within the office. Getting paid is completely up to the clients and candidates regardless of how well you do your job.
Cons
everything about the company
Temp Contract
AFIS SYSTEM ADMIN - OSBI / OMES (Current Employee) –  oklahoma cityOctober 22, 2014
So far GDH has been a really good company to work for. i am on a 5 month contract with them, working for the Oklahoma State Bueruo of investigation. its been a really great working experience.
Pros
every one great to work with.
Enterprise Email
Main Office-(Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 16, 2014
My typical day consisted of daily conference calls and performing daily checks with the installations that were scheduled to perform their email migrations. Worked with the EDSP (Exchange Directory Services Provisioning) Tool in a test environment to ensure stability and reliability. Had to travel to various Army installations to assist with enterprise migrations.
Pros
worked from home, ability to travel to various military installations
Cons
contract job that ended
Straight forward general work
Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2014
Worked on commercial cat 5 set up. Solo projects and team oriented projects done promptly.
Outstanding
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ArkansasFebruary 17, 2014
I have been with GDH going on 4 years, they have kept me employed for those 4 years and the staff is amazing. Always in contact with you.
Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 22, 2014
Multiple project experience with data, voice, video nationwide for Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's
▪ Cat 5e pulling and terminate, performing site survey and developing scope of work and materials list
▪ setup, installation and testing services for the following: Phone Systems, Wireless systems (AP, Antennas),
and Network devices (routers, switches, servers)
if they were doing their job I wouldn't need to post my resume here
Lifecycle Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 3, 2013
They are a recuiting firm and I have not heard from them in over a month.
Good company
Cable Tech Helper (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GASeptember 4, 2013
Overall its a good company. They only give you jobs in your trade. So if there arent any jobs in your field thas a bad thing. But they to keep you udated on when jobs are coming up.