GDH Consulting Employee Reviews in United States

Great company with awesome opportunity to advance your career quickly!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  TulsaMay 19, 2016
For a graduate right out of college, recruiting is a great job right after graduating. I have learned so much about business and principles of business in such a short time that I don't believe you can get at many other jobs. The people are friendly and it is a fun work environment with hands-off management. I could not have asked for a better job coming right out of college. If you want a company that has high earning potential and rapid career advancement opportunities, then you should definitely come and pursue the opportunity to work at GDH. You won't regret it!
Pros
Great comp plan, trusting management, empowering senior leadership, high earning potential, and great opportunity for advancement
Cons
Fast-paced, stressful at times
Great Career with Advancement Opportunity
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 19, 2016
I have been with GDH for over 4 years now and still love it. I enjoy working with a company that appreciates your hard work and will allow you to create your own career path. Senior Management is more than willing to help team members with everything from flying in for client meetings to general questions. GDH promotes giving back to the community which is huge for me.

I have been in the industry for well over a decade and GDH is the best company I have worked for. However this industry is tough. You have to work really hard for a return but the return is there!

Not for everyone since you are selling an intangible service to both candidates and clients.
Pros
Company Culture, Pay
Cons
Insurance changes (not as good)
Rewarded for your efforts
Internal GDH Employee (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 19, 2016
As an internal employee at GDH Consulting I have the experience of working hard and being rewarded for my efforts. Management is supportive and invests in employee growth. Team members have a healthy competitive spirit. I look forward to coming to work every day!
knowledgeable leadership
911 Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2016
got the contract I needed. made working easy. provided all the necessary tools for me to accomplish everything on the contract.
Great pay too.
Challenging and Dynamic!
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  DallasMay 12, 2016
If you are looking for a place that will provide a positive challenge, career growth and freedom to think outside of the box, GDH is for you!
Great Place to Work
Management (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 6, 2016
GDH Consulting is not for everyone. If you want to truly build a career and improve your lifestyle, and you are willing to work for it, GDH Consulting is definitely an option. The company has many employees with tenure over 5 years and many even over 10 years. Management is experienced and demanding, because GDH Consulting knows what it takes to succeed in this business.

The culture is entrepreneurial, fast paced and hard working. Those that work hard and apply themselves will grow. Those that don't will not make it. But the opportunity is available to everyone. Those that have applied their efforts have grown and exceeded their own expectations.
Pros
Excellent Earning Potential, Benefits, Growth Opportunities, Growing Company
Cons
Not for everyone - do not come to GDH if you are not prepared to give 110%.
I travel a lot and the work is interesting and important
Spotter (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 25, 2016
I love this job. Unfortunately there isn't steady consistent work for Helpers/Spotter for Electricians. I may go an entire week with no employment and then the next wee I may work 3 or 4 days. It's exciting and I truly wish I had a more set schedule. They do pay me for traveling distances that are more than an hour away from residence.
Pros
paid travel time
Cons
no consistent work.
You can move up in the company
SPOTTER (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 14, 2015
the boss let me do a lot of hands on. like pulling wires and moving tvs he did not have to keep a eye on me. and you can move up.i learned so much.
Great company
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 10, 2015
The time that I spend with GDH Consulting was extremely rewarding. I was able to grow as an employee and learn new things. I was encouraged to be a free thinker and to optimize my abilities in a team setting. There was no micro managing only trust in the abilities of the employee. Everyone felt like someone and for me that is a key to success. The only downsize is that contracts tended to only last a year, which has its pros and cons. In one hand you learn a lot about different businesses and organizations and their operations. However, on the other hand the lack of stability and constant change can be demanding.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Contract Expiration
Very supportive
Coordinator position (Former Employee) –  KSJuly 29, 2015
Great to work for and management is very supportive. Provide good paying jobs. whether temporary or perminent. I would recommend them to anyone.
Implementation Specilaist
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2015
AS this employment we take our work very serious . We work hard and rest when needed.

hardest part is the travel 100%
Enjoyable - Meeting new people
Pros
Points for travel
Great Environment with Skilled Administrators and Supervisors
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 16, 2015
The work environment at GDH is very accommodating and encouraging. They provide all necessary tools and training to become successful in the workplace. I learned to manage my time better and organize tasks based on changing priorities. My co-workers were very supportive and my recruiter made it a point to check in with me weekly to make sure everything was going well. Being a remote workers was the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job. It was an intentional effort to not allow the comfort of home to distract from the nature of work. My office had to be approached as if I were leaving home to commute to work.
Productive assembly line w minimal oversight
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 15, 2015
A typical day includes being provided a set quota of work to be completed. The team works independently towards this common goal. From assembly, to test, and ultimately shipping, the team typically works as individual processes separate from one another. Management provides the freedom to assess and execute work at your own discretion as long as goals are met. The hardest part of this job is managing the work load appropriately. The most enjoyable part is the sense of accomplishment when the team has met their daily goal.
Pros
Freedom to manage work individually
Cons
Responsibility for production falls squarely on your own shoulders
excellent company to work with. Needs longer contracts.
Associate Project Manager Manager, Kevin Toups (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 11, 2015
Enjoyed the work. Management always available for any questions or issues.

Co workers believed in team work

Not any real hard part. In was US located , other project members were Internaional..
Negative
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 24, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of me listening to my boss ramble on about himself. Probably the worst work environment of all. This is not the dynamic company they want you to think they are. GDH has managed to hire some of the most lackluster people and placed them into management roles. It's just an extremely depressing environment.
Pros
not one
Cons
low pay, unprofessional, de motivating, sneaky, dishonest.
Cable work, Fiber Optics work, Driving
Fiber Optics Technician/CAT 5 Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for this Company as they provided many different types of work to choose from and provided on the job training before hand. They provided the vehicle to work from and generally provided a work partner if the job required an electrician as well. Provided Large company work such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, Etc.. The company took care of the per-diem needed to take on long distance jobs, and they were thoughtful to family needs in case of emergencies.
Pros
Was able to visit every state in the USA and sight see to boot.
Cons
Usually worked overnight and was on the road for months at a time
No problems with work experience
TAP Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2015
Performed a short term contract. Everyone was up front about job and had no issues with duties. Traveled to small public schools and surveyed IT infrastructure
Productive and meaningful work enviroment.
EIM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 25, 2015
The people I worked with were all very nice and easy to get along with.
They were all very helpful in teaching new skills, programs, and anything job related.
The management were all very nice and easily worked with you.
The hardest part of the job was the end of the day, because you were ready to go home after a long day.
My favorite part of the job was all the people I got to work with.
Pros
Meals were provided, all co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Cons
Long days
interesting places to work.
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  albuquerque, nmMarch 23, 2015
lack of hours and work. no contact after a job is finished for another job. no hours but high pay when you do work. wouldn't recommend if you nee a long term job.
GDH Consulting
Windows 7 Migration Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2015
I have only worked a short time with GDH, The staff are pleasant and are help full.

At Gavilon I deploy machines for a Windows 7 conversion, I format and build systems according to need.
Pros
contract work
Cons
contract work