GDS International

GDS International Employer Reviews

Friendly enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2014
Pros: occasionally doing lunch for employees
Cons: no organized in employment structure.
Basically, a good team to work for but going through restructuring while they are quickly expanding. A little unstable currently, about who is doing what and where.
Good product
Product Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
The company has a great product to sell. Co-workers are enjoyable. The position that I was hired for changed in description at least three times before finally being eliminated.
Decent Culture, Poor Management
Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2014
GDS is a sub-par company that over promises and under delivers in all aspects. Management makes decision without any regard for the greater good. Basically frat life after college.
Cold Calling
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: talking to clevel executives.
Cons: no corporate ethics, management is unmotivated to be there
I would not recommend this company. No management, Everyone is lied to, CEO came in and stated the company is in the red and they are letting go lots of people.
Great company culture but little job stability
Meet The Boss (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to work, friendly environment but unfortunately there is no real guarantee of job stability.
Fun place to work
Events Team (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 11, 2013
Pros: nice people, fun times
Cons: hard to move up, doesn't pay to well.
Very fun place to work, especially if you are straight out of college. Moto is work hard, play hard.
Many hour of hard work, prospecting, dialing.
Project Director/Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: traveling opportunity, commissions, working in financial district
Cons: no salesforce, lack of room for growth, no security cameras (my ipad was stolen).
9-5 typical Wall Street Company

95% effort isn't enough!

Some managers were strong, others lacked experience.

Co workers were usually hard working, cut throat environment though

Hardest part was not having CRM System

I enjoyed traveling and meeting fellow CEO's
FUN workplace with a great commission structure / high base salary
Major Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great base salary, commission plan, and culture
Cons: strict policies when it comes to lunch breaks, time off, and micromanagement
Hard work, cold calling all day, working with current clients, building relationships etc. I learned more about sales at GDS than I did in college. Upper Management was fair and treated you well if you showed them you worked hard. In regards to co-workers, I met some of my best friends while working there at GDS. The Hardest part of the job was getting – more... C-Level executives on the phone and asking them to sponsor $60k-120K packages within a 48 hour window. The most enjoyable part of the job was bringing in a big deal, knowing you will be pid out on it upfront the following week or pay period, also another great aspect about the job was the amazing people I worked with, who still remain close to me – less
Great place to learn Inside Sales
Sr. Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2013
I feel like I have extensive Inside Sales training from lead sourcing to closing deals.
Great business model and great opportunity
Sr. Project Executive International Summits (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2013
Great place to work but high turnover. Good products excellent travel opportunities.
Great Job for a hungry individual out of college
International Sales Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: great people, learn alot
Cons: stressful at times
A typical day would include 120+ cold calls per day. You learn the art of selling over the phone in an upbeat, fast-paced environment. You learn to work with your team and accomplish goals and targets as a unit. My co-workers were amazing people to work with and were always there for you when you needed help. The hardest part of the job was to stay – more... positive at times due to the amount of rejection you would get on a regular basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with amazing people and leaving work everyday knowing that you learned something new. It was and is a great opportunity for an individual looking to learn the art of phone sales and looking to build a strong foundation for a wonderful career. – less
Fast Paced High Powered Sales Environment
Project Director CIO Europe (Former Employee), CardiffSeptember 11, 2013
Cold calling potential clients, making spy calls to obtain sales information. Dealing with C level Executives on a daily basis.

About GDS International

GDS International offers world-class B2B events for senior executives in a range of industries, including education, energy, financial, – Read more