Gear For Sports, A Hanesbrands Inc. Company

Gear For Sports, A Hanesbrands Inc. Company Employee Reviews

The management is horrible
Color Selection Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 6, 2017
The management has know idea what they are doing and expect you to know what you are doing, while they play on their computers and expect you to work. You are suppose to lead by example.
Fun Job
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 22, 2017
I enjoyed the work, the shifts went by fast, and I liked the people I worked with. The manager was fair with everyone and she kept you informed of what was going on
great place to work
Machine Operator and product inspector(finisher) (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 26, 2017
The schedules were awesome, there was plenty of room to improve since i started as a finisher and as was promoted to a machine operator withing three months. the benefits were good. The supervisors were really helpful
Three Day Work Week
Printer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 6, 2017
Three day work week was nice, paid lunch, but long shift and could be very messy with all the ink. The management was good, and went to bat for me when I addressed issues.
Pros
Paid lunch, 3 day work week.
Cons
Messy, long hours
Senior Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 20, 2016
Is a great laid back job. Great staff! Great atmosphere... Loving and caring people. Not a stressful job. Very clean and sanitize. Great deals from dock sales that we have every month.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Only worked three days a week
Runner (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, MONovember 13, 2016
12 hour shifts were hard to get used to. One person had six machines to clean and stock. Not much room for advancement. Not much inter actment with co-workers.
Pros
Only three days a week
Cons
12 hour shifts
good company
account services admin (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 25, 2016
a good company. struggling with transition to hanes but still growing and strong. benefits are good.
One Of The BEST Warehouse Companies Ive Worked For!
Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 5, 2016
I worked for gear for 2 years before I had to quit due to personal reasons. I started off as a finisher and ended as a screen printer. The jobs were all super easy and kept you busy. It was never really hard to reach your daily/weekly goal if you learned to do your job a certain way that was best for you. The coworkers and management were AMAZING. My supervisor was super cool and even got on the production floor with us sometimes and the coworkers were very easy to get along with and helped me whenever I needed it; they were like a second family to me. There wasn't a time my supervisor didn't acknowledge the good work I've done or anyone for that matter and didn't get a reward for it or a well deserved raise. If I ever get the chance, I'd definitely go back.
Pros
3 day work shift, good pay, fun people to work with
Cons
Short breaks, bad air conditioning
Worst company I have ever worked for!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 15, 2016
I have worked in the apparel industry for over 30 years, and for many brand name well know companies, and GEAR was by far the worst! In my 30 years in this industry, I have never experienced a company culture like theirs. They are definitely stuck in the dark ages when it comes to their managerial style and HR policies. As a result, Gear for Sports is a great place to work if you like being exploited for your talents with marginal compensation, non-existent raises, poor benefits, and very few opportunities for advancement.
Fun
Screen Print Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 22, 2015
I loved working for Gear. My co-workers and Managers were easy to talk to and get along with. The fast paced environment was great for a competitive worker. My first position in this company was lost due to a factory shut down.
Gear up for personal growth.
Inventory Control Clerk/Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KansasSeptember 15, 2015
Gear for Sports is a good workplace that allows for great personal growth. An employee can learn all kinds of brand new skills that can be put to use during, and outside of work. The management is very understanding and helpful towards the employee, so that he/she can reach his/her highest potential. The culture is great, with employees from white collar to labor working together and getting along with teamwork and mutual respect.

This job I have at Gear has helped me develop myself not only as a better employee, but as a more rounded person.
Pros
Great work culture, helpful management, growth opportunities
Cons
benefits, salary
Like working in a sweat shop where they don't care about their employees!!!
Finisher/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 8, 2015
A typical day is working 12 hours giving 100% trying to reach an unreachable goal. The people that did reach their goals, lied and cheated on paperwork. This company tells you that your life outside of the company doesn't matter once you walk through that door. You are expected to work mandatory overtime whenever they are behind, with little to no advance warning. Some of the management plays favorites with the employees, and treats others like they are not worthy of respect. There were several co-workers that were wonderful people to know and work with. The hardest part of this job was always working your fingers to the bone and never getting any kind of recognition. They offered raises if your goals were met, but anyone that is honest about their work...never met the impossible goals!! The most enjoyable part of the job was the few times we (the production crew) got to attend special events that the company put on for its employees. This company however did not treat all employees equal. The production crew was rarely invited to any of the special events...the office people would get paid to attend, while the production crews had to continue working. Several people whom have worked for this company for a long time, told me that since it was bought out by the newest owner...it has turned its back on its employees.
Very Corporate and Conservative
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 3, 2015
Very corporate and conservative environment. Not great for truly creative people. Management is very closed minded and not for the employee
Production Warehouse
Full-time Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 18, 2015
Very fast paced Company with a lot of changes daily. Energetic and hard working co-workers that practice teamwork. Occasionally the hour are long when its our busy season. We have a great Management Team that makes us succeed.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
breaks
Co workers were awesome people!
Puller (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXFebruary 24, 2015
sinces thIs company is in south Texas we get cheap pay for what we do! People from Kansas which is were the company is from ,get paid double what we get paid! The IC (inventory control) "crew" don't do nothing! People that are pullers,replunishers,ect basically do there job! HR manager never tells them anything it's just pure favoritism! Never fails that they find any little thing to not give you your raise! Was at 100% on efficiency for 8 weeks (which they said you'll get a raise from) if your consistent! Yet they would make it a big deal and not give it to you! Plus now there's hardly work and one shift gets more hours than others and it's just totally not fair for everyone ! Overall this is a bad bad company! No good what's so ever ! Worked there for couple years,still didn't appreciate nothing what's so ever!
Pros
Christmas break! Co workers!
Cons
Short breaks! Not enough lunch time! Bad management!
screen printing logo's on sports apparel
screen printer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 15, 2015
Ensuring that all apparel images were perfect to produce/make the logo on the garments as flawless as possible. also meet a daily quota of garments produced each day
I enjoyed my job there.
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Good job. I worked in the Inventory Control Department. Forklift Operator also, 5+ years accident free and none since.
Gear for Sports
Screen Printer (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 10, 2014
Responsible for screen print, setup, registration, etc... 12 hour shifts graveyard and 3 days a week.
Pros
Work experienc
Cons
30 minute lunch for 12 hour shift, no life outside work for those 3 days.
Low pay and benefits are aweful
Not putting job title (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 23, 2014
This place doesn't appreciate the hard work people put in. The pay is terrible, you barely get any vacation time and they don't promote from within.
Laid back relaxing atmosphere, good management.
International Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 25, 2014
Work environment is relaxed but busy. Mid-level management is well above average. Co-workers are motivated and hard working.
Pros
discounts on sporting apparel. Easy going work environment
Cons
threat of job loss due to outsourcing to corporate headquarters is becoming increasingly possible, Building needs a major renovation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gear For Sports, A Hanesbrands Inc. Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9