GEAR For Sports

GEAR For Sports Employee Reviews

Production Warehouse
Full-time Coordinator (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSApril 18, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: breaks
Very fast paced Company with a lot of changes daily. Energetic and hard working co-workers that practice teamwork. Occasionally the hour are long when its our busy season. We have a great Management Team that makes us succeed.
Co workers were awesome people!
Puller (Former Employee), Pharr, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: christmas break! co workers!
Cons: short breaks! not enough lunch time! bad management!
sinces thIs company is in south Texas we get cheap pay for what we do! People from Kansas which is were the company is from ,get paid double what we get paid! The IC (inventory control) "crew" don't do nothing! People that are pullers,replunishers,ect basically do there job! HR manager never tells them anything it's just pure favoritism! Never fails that they find any little thing to not give you your raise! Was at 100% on efficiency for 8 weeks (which they said you'll get a raise from) if your consistent! Yet they would make it a big deal and not give it to you! Plus now there's hardly work and one shift gets more hours than others and it's just totally not fair for everyone ! Overall this is a bad bad company! No good what's so ever ! Worked there for couple years,still didn't appreciate nothing what's so ever!
screen printing logo's on sports apparel
screen printer (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 15, 2015
Ensuring that all apparel images were perfect to produce/make the logo on the garments as flawless as possible. also meet a daily quota of garments produced each day
I enjoyed my job there.
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Good job. I worked in the Inventory Control Department. Forklift Operator also, 5+ years accident free and none since.
Gear for Sports
Screen Printer (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 10, 2014
Pros: work experienc
Cons: 30 minute lunch for 12 hour shift, no life outside work for those 3 days.
Responsible for screen print, setup, registration, etc... 12 hour shifts graveyard and 3 days a week.
Low pay and benefits are aweful
Not putting job title (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSOctober 23, 2014
This place doesn't appreciate the hard work people put in. The pay is terrible, you barely get any vacation time and they don't promote from within.
Laid back relaxing atmosphere, good management.
International Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: discounts on sporting apparel. easy going work environment
Cons: threat of job loss due to outsourcing to corporate headquarters is becoming increasingly possible, building needs a major renovation
Work environment is relaxed but busy. Mid-level management is well above average. Co-workers are motivated and hard working.
Great place to work!
Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: very nice atmosphere. great benefits
Cons: hbi. they changed the company.
I would help with returns and write up credits for non-returnable products. Data entry, filing. I learned a lot about returns and the process. The credit manager was AWESOME. My co-workers were fun and willing to help as needed. The hardest part of the job was the busy seasons. Very stressful. The most enjoyable part was the community out reach programs.
we had a great bunch of people and took my job seriously.
order filler and floor lady (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: birthday dinners and bonuses
Cons: being at work at 6 am
Filled orders for colleges we printed T-shirts and sweat shirts. The company was run by 2 very nice people who treated everyone very nice.I got along very well witth all my co-workers.
Awesome workplace with amazing coworkers
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSSeptember 16, 2014
The people you work with makes up the company. It's a really good place to get your foot in the door and get to know people. A typical day at work consists of creating new arts per customer's orders, proofing coworker's art to ensure quality of design, interacting with customers and sales reps to create the perfect design for them. I've learned so much just working there for over two years. We've learned how to prep files for the screen print press and knowing what can be printed and what can't. The job isn't very challenging until you get a request that just won't work as a design or it won't print well. We have to deal with a number of hard designs, either custom build logos or the customer sent in something that we would just have to be creative with and make it look good. The job is very satisfying though when you see your design printed or you see someone in the streets wearing what you created. The people are amazing and you make life-long friends there.
rude people lousy management
Receiver (Former Employee), Pharr, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good hours.
Cons: poor management and lousy hr + rude people
The HR manager at this place is dating one of the workers, and shows a lot of favoritism towards him and his group of buddies. The job itself is great but extremely low pay for the amount of work that you put in. EVen if you're a great employee inventory control will cherry pick any mistake whether major or minor that you maKe in order to use it against you to make you look bad. Management idiotic they reward theyre poor employees and punish the good ones. Promotions are awarded to those who don't deserve it and are unqualified. Anyone who has worked at the Pharr warehouse knows this is all true. P.s no raises!!!!!
Easy job that the managers complicate
Finisher (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 5, 2014
12 hours shifts with short breaks, rude people, if you do good they will watch you to find errors so you won't do good but will tell you they want everyone to do great. Overall they have a nice building
Production Finisher
Production Finisher (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 2, 2014
I like my job. I preform essential work, I inspect clothes, fold clothes and put them in boxes to ship to the company who ordered. I enjoy my co-workers. My mangers are respectable and fair.
brownhole
Head Of Maintenance Southwest Division (Former Employee), Pharr, TexasMarch 29, 2014
Cons: going to work
I was the maintenance assistant......if you never wanna get ahead and do all the female dog work. THIS IS YOUR JOB!!!!!! you will do everything they don't want to do. ...good luck.. you'll be begging to get out.
long days
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 17, 2014
12 hour days. i cant say too much about this job because it was not my line of work
my day
Shipping Specialist/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), pharr txJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: team work, great work enviornment
Cons: my department was very micromanaged, i had to relocate
i would get to work and run shippment reports, organized them according to priority. Then i would pull report, and ship the orders. I would load and unload trucks with forklift stand/sit or reach lift, which was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job.
n/a
Printer (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 23, 2014
people are rude hours are long advancement to other positions are promised but not set I stone
Enjoyed working there the time I was there
Receiving Foreman (Former Employee), Pharr, TXAugust 16, 2013
Pros: had my own crew worked very well.
Cons: had to unload 3 to 4 containers on my shift
Very busy, management high expectations, co-workers easy to work with, hardest part of job would be unloading of merchandise from container, enjoyable part of job would have to be working together with my co-workers.
Awesome culture and People to Work with
Finisher--Days (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 15, 2013
Pros: culture and people
Cons: early mornings
I have been at gear a little over a year now. The culture and people make me look forward to coming to work every day. i work three 12 hour shifts and the time goes by fairly quickly because I always have something to do.from folding to preprice to package garments. They trained me on how to do everything I am supposed to do. we all work as a team
hot and unorganized
Finisher (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 5, 2013
Pros: no pro"s
Cons: working in so much heat. standing on non padded concrete floors for an entire shift
Gear wasn't air-conditioning. I worked as a finisher who would retrieve garments from an oven, rolling down a converter belt. The hardest part working there was standing on concreted floor without any kind of padding on the floor.

About GEAR For Sports

GEAR FOR SPORTS® has celebrated over 35 wonderful years of business. Our company started with a vision, a dream and humble – Read more

GEAR For Sports Salaries