Gecko Hospitality Employee Reviews

Recruiting Talent - Great Team
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Gecko provides excellent support and top notch service to its partners across the US & Canada. A solid brand that focuses on its core industry.
Pros
Rewarding career to help others and freedom to earn what you want and are willing to work for.
Cons
Group Benefits Option would be nice
Awesome people, rewarding career
recruiter (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 29, 2015
Gecko is an amazing company to work for!
Flexible hours, fabulous support and a salary without a cap are just the beginning.
Helping companies find the right person and helping people find the right opportunity is rewarding. At Gecko we have the chance to make a difference in peoples lives; to better their career, strengthen the company and ultimately create a brighter future for everyone involved.
I love every minute working for Gecko Hospitality.
Pros
hours, building relationships
Great place to work. Very successful company and they treat everyone with respect.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2015
I have been with us for six years with each better than the prior one. Our company continues to grow at a nice, manageable clip and my compensation has risen each year, too.

We are recruiters so I talk to candidates and clients all day. We help candidates get jobs and we help clients fill open positions. We help everybody! Everyone here is friendly, helpful, and respectful. I hope I get about 10 more years in!
Pros
I can work at home or the office
Cons
working on Commission is tricky.
Great Job for the time
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 23, 2016
loved my time with Gecko. Learned a lot about recruiting people. Truly enjoyed working with my team and boss. Had the western part of Ohio to recruit for
Great Place to Work!
Senior Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2015
I have worked for Gecko Hospitality for a little over a year and a half and love it!! The communication and teamwork within the company is excellent!!
Pros
Organization, Team Work, Salary, Quality of Life
Cons
That I did not find Gecko Hospitality sooner!!
So fortunate to have choosen this career path and Gecko
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  MD/NVJuly 28, 2015
What I am able to do now is very flexible compared to the last 25 years of my career. What you put into your business you will get out of your business. The people within Gecko are all appreciative and very helpful to their entire community. We are a team of professionals . The hardest part of this job is being in an office and in front of a laptop daily BUT you have flexibility to do want you want as long as you have no appointments. The lifestyle change has been the very best part for me as I now can enjoy what I work hard for everyday. And our President of our brand continues to make sure the bar is set high and that we all succeed. Very grateful!
Pros
The freedom to work - Work-Life balance is terrific
Cons
Perhaps sitting most of the day - only thing I can think of
A Hospitality Professional's Dream Come True
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 28, 2015
A little over two years ago I was a seasoned operations professional with a lot of esteemed titles and companies under my belt. While I was very proud of my accomplishments and the lifestyle that these positions had afforded me over time, I was to the point of despair, regret and was second guessing the choices I had made for the professional path of my life.

Then Gecko Hospitality came along. For the first time in my professional career, I was able to take the scrappy, "learn as you go" mentality I had developed while cutting my teeth in operations and combine it with my formal education and personality to create a "perfect storm" sceanario as a hospitality recruiter.

Starting something new is always a scary proposition, but being mentored by career professionals that had walked in my shoes years earlier made it comfortable and attainable. I have never experienced leadership that was as approachable, empathetic or driven as what I am around now. That leadership has not only become my mentoring rock but also has afforded me a life that I never thought possible. My family loves my career almost as much as I do!

I wake up every day with a desire to jump into action with my next search and am as giddy as a little kid on Christmas trying to find out the results of my current process. I hear a lot of people say, "I love my job because every day is different". In my situation, that really IS the case.
Pros
Flexible hours, Performance based compensation, Quality of life, Meaningful work, Fulfiling other's aspirations
Cons
Best job I have ever had!
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 28, 2015
I joined Gecko Hospitality 3 years ago when I decided to leave restaurant operations and did I ever make the best decision of my career! I was familiar with Gecko Hospitality as a Restaurant Area Director and used their services for more than 10 years before joining their team. What I love most is the support that I receive from everyone in the entire company! If I have a question or a need, I feel comfortable reaching out to anyone in the company and they will offer help IMMEDIATELY! From the perspective of a quality of life, this is by far the best company to work for. I have for the first time in my adult life, found that balance that I have always looked for. I have learned to work hard and play harder and while doing so, love the fact that I get to help get people find great jobs and you can' put a dollar value on that. I HIGHLY recommend working for this company.
Pros
Great work/life balance, Support System is outstanding
Fantastic Career Decision!
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJuly 28, 2015
If you are a go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit, and you love the hospitality industry, than this is an amazing career. While we still work hard, and you get what you put into it, there is a huge advantage of having the ability of a flexible schedule. Great quality of life and income potential. The support and resources at Gecko Hospitality definitely set you up for success. It is also nice to feel proud of the name you represent. We have such an amazing and talented team of franchise owners and recruiters across the country. It is a great group to be a part of.
Pros
Being in charge of your own success
Work/Life Balance with Great Earning Potential
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
The team at Gecko Hospitality is what makes the experience on a daily basis such a fantastic work environment. We are able to share ideas, tips and better practices on a daily basis to assist in personal and professional growth. The outstanding sense of team and camaraderie is truly felt with this company.

Furthermore, the work/life balance I am able to achieve at Gecko Hospitality is one I didn't think could exist in my career. The flexibility to work and have a family/personal life is what sold me on this career path and the outcome has not disappointed!
Pros
Cons
N/A
Amazing Company
Management Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 20, 2015
I have been working with Gecko Hospitality for just over 1 year now, and it has been an amazing experience. Each team member from the President to administrative staff have bee outstanding to work with. The company offers a very friendly and professional culture that encourages people to work "Work Hard, Play Harder!"

Gecko provided in-depth training when I first joined the company, and offers regular opportunities for continued education. Employees that do a good job are regularly recognized via company-wide emails, and I enjoy that Gecko is also involved in community service and outreach programs such as the Ronald McDonald House Kitchen Challange.

Working with Gecko not only provides for my needs financially, but also offers a nice work/life balance with a a flexible schedule that allows me to work remotely.

All in All, I am very pleased with my position as a Recruiter with Gecko Hospitality.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Company Culture, Flexibility
fun
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2016
great flexibility, culture is family friendly - Gecko staff and team is supportive, knowledgeable and professional.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
commission based
Great Place to Work!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 27, 2015
I am very happy I joined Gecko Hospitality. It gives me the flexibility in my hours and the ability to work from home. I have learned many new things and continue to grow in many ways.

This position has allowed me to have a great work/life balance. I have been given a lot of advise both personally and professionally.

I love being able to help others find new career opportunities within the restaurant industry without having to work the demanding hours of that industry.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Work from Home
Cons
No Health Insurance
Most respected Hospitality company that help people find their dream job!!
Franchise Partner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Work hard/play hard actually applies here at Gecko Hospitality.

Gecko Hospitality is by far the largest and most respected Hospitality recruiting company in the industry.

More people from clients and candidates have heard about Gecko Hospitality every month as compared to the last. I am very proud to represent Gecko Hospitality.
Pros
Great support from Corporate office! Excellent career opportunity!
Cons
There are no cons. Just a great company to work for.
#1 Hospitality Recruiting Company!
Franchise Partner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2015
I am a Franchise Partner for Gecko Hospitality in my 10th year. This was truly one of the best decisions I have ever made. It has been a pleasure to be a part of the absolute leader in the hospitality recruiting field.

The company's growth and evolution in technology have tremendously exceeded my expectations! This is due to support we receive within Gecko Hospitality from our colleagues around the country and the management staff.

Thank you to Gecko Hospitality for changing my life with this rewarding, fulfilling career with unlimited earning potential.
Pros
Rewarding, Flexible, Unlimited Earning Potential
Gecko goes above and beyond!!
Restaurant Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Being part of such a outstanding company has been a career high me. Gecko Hospitality has proven to be the best in the business, year after year.

I am constantly learning new techniques and utilizing them everyday in both work and real life experiences. Gecko has been a inspiration to me and I could not imagine working any place else. Work Hard, Play Hard!!
Pros
Interaction with new individuals everyday.
Cons
Being commission based can be challenging.
Making an Impact on People's Lives
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, Fort Worth, TexasJuly 28, 2015
Gecko Hospitality changes lives by giving opportunities to candidates that they would not have found searching on their own or with another recruiting company. Because Gecko Hospitality is the leader in it's field, we work with the best clients as well as the best candidates, creating a perfect relationship.

Gecko Hospitality remains the leader due to the support, diversity, and the way the company constantly adapts to the changes in the industry and technology.

My career choice has been incredibly fulfilling and rewarding! The gratitude I receive from candidates and clients alike, as well as the unlimited earning potential, make Gecko Hospitality the perfect career choice for me!
Pros
Unlimited growth, casual work environment, able to work from anywhere
Glad To Be With This Growing Company
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, Co.July 28, 2015
Working as a recruiter for Gecko has afforded me the flexibility to work my life around my work schedule and to work from my home. I enjoy creating my own work environment and schedule and have grown to realize that the effort I put in translates to what I achieve. My team consists of very experienced ex-operators in the hospitality industry who have mastered the skills of recruiting and they have guided me along my path in this career. The company is progressive and innovative; priding itself on staying at the forefront of hospitality recruitment. The support from the corporate office is timely and genuine. Everyone is willing to help each other. Working for this company has been a great learning experience as well as a profitable one. I look forward to remaining with the company and becoming more successful with each passing year.
Pros
Working from home and being challenged
Cons
Adapting to a change in physical activity in my workday
Gecko Hospitalityis a great company to work for
Director of Operations, Recruiter, Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 23, 2015
I have been with Gecko Hospitality for over 10 years. The best decision I ever made was becoming a recruiter for Gecko Hospitality where I have work life balance and get to help people find a better life every day.
Pros
Career advancement, work, life balance, ability to make as much money as I can.
Cons
working on 100% commision
Best Business Decision I Ever Made
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2015
I first learned about Gecko Hospitality as a candidate. I considered myself to be a high level employee in my company. Once I decided on a new career it was essential for the recruiting agency I worked with to conduct a confidential job search. I was impressed with the professionalism of the company and the preparation they gave me as a candidate. I eventually decided to purchase a territory and became a partner. Once onboard I was accepted immediately and had several partners play a part in my training. The training is top notch and you feel prepared right away. The support system from the corporate office has played a huge part in my continued success. I feel we're continuously ahead of trends and our competitors. Best business decision I ever made!
Pros
Qualilty of life, support system and all Partners devote time to improving the team.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gecko Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7