This key position is responsible for managing multi-site warehouses, maintaining accurate inventory records, overseeing the receiving of specified raw materials, shipping of finished goods and evaluating, selecting and maintaining logistics suppliers. Point person for all communication internal and external regarding retail order fulfillment.
Just a few of the specific job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for direction and coordination of all warehouse activities for both the Gedney location and third party warehouses. Manages the warehouse and inventory by maintaining efficient and orderly receipts; directs the storage and movement of raw materials; coordinates load schedules.
- Responsible for logistics including competitive pricing, timely follow-up and issue resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of all warehouse activities. Includes ensuring policies & procedures are followed, accuracy of recording receipts and outgoing shipments, and correct movement of inventoried items.
- Maintains an inventory accuracy of 98% or higher inventory record accuracy for raw materials, packaging and finished goods. Maintains a 98% accuracy on all cycle counts of raw materials.
- Serves as a resource person in resolving problems, conducting training, informational meetings, and performing personnel administration to training and coaching.
- Manages warehouse facilities. This includes recommendation and implementation of efficiency and accuracy opportunities based upon best practices and work experience knowledge.
- Ensures 97.5% or better customer order fulfillment by working with all functions
- Accomplishes financial objectives by preparing and complying with operational budgets; and for accurately reporting all aspects pertaining to inventory
Preferred skills and experience include:
- 8-10 years previous warehouse and inventory management experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, non-verbal
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel, Outlook, EDI and PeopleSoft
In exchange for your enthusiasm and experience, we offer a full benefit package to include medical, dental, life, disability, paid time off and 401k.
Indeed - 19 months ago