Geek Squad Employee Reviews

frustrating but paid the bills
Customer Service and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTJune 27, 2017
my experience while working with geek squad gave me a lot of new skills being able to work with customers in a frustrating environment and also to do basic troubleshooting
Terribile place to be
Consulting Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
If you get a position with geek squad learn as much as you can and then get out of the door. It is low wage and they definitely underpay. Management is horrendous and can make you want to leave immediately. Talk to customers to network and find other opportunities.
Productive, fun environment
Advanced Repair Agent (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 19, 2017
A workplace with excellent culture and goals. Focus on work/life balance and the employee experience. High degree of professionalism and customer service.
Pros
Flexible hours, excellent support materials
Cons
Limited potential for advancement
Great Place
Consultation Agent (Desktop Support) (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 19, 2017
I Loved the placed were I worked. But, after a while the placed no longer became a place to have fun and work. It was about how much money can you ca bring in at the cost of the customers.
Introduction point into the I.T. field
Advanced Repair Agent (ARA) (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 18, 2017
I love that anyone who thinks about getting their computer fixed instantly thinks of Geek Squad. This just goes to show if a company as a whole can show their dedication, empathy, and that they are not just out for the mighty dollar that they can make their name know in a positive way across the wold in a short amount of time.

I love that I can walk into the precinct and I will have a multitude of different challenges every day. I get to learn a wide array of different platforms other than just windows computers. When I started working at Geek Squad I didn't really know the windows side of repair, I was more of a Mac and at the time Ubuntu kind of guy. Even though I was a customer service agent all of the repair agents would always teach me different ways of dealing with issues that I was unfamiliar with at the time.

Ever since I started at Geek Squad everyone is always encouraging each other to learn and get better. When I am dealing with an issue that requires a manager I know that they will first assess the issue and then ask for my input on how I would processed with a correction. To me this is a major sign of respect and trust that I can have with the management team.

I would say the hardest part of my job is telling someone that they have lost their data. It's never easy telling a mother that the hard drive that she has all her baby pictures on is no longer working and that it will be a lot of money to attempt to recover them.

I enjoy working for Geek Squad because It feels like family. I actually hangout with my co-workers outside of work, and I know that
  more... even when I move up in the world I will still keep them as friends.  less
Good initial job
Saint Louis - Consultant Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 17, 2017
This job will get you the entry experience you will need for most companies. Management is great and will work around your schedule. My only problem fell on tax free weekend that fell on the same time as a family vacation. I was told there was no way I could go even though I was only part time. It took awhile for them to inform me of this and as such my family had already paid for the trip.
Repair Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 13, 2017
Phenomenal work experience. Very good management and workplace culture. Flexible schedules if you are in school. Great benefits for employees to take advantage of.
Great Job
Consultation Agent (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 13, 2017
great experience, i was able to learn a lot from my peers and my geek squad manager. i was able to learn a lot more about technology than i previously.
Fun working place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJune 6, 2017
Enjoyed learning so much about compers and computer parts. Able to answer customers question concerning compers and the great task that could be performed with them.
Pros
Free lunch and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Benefits and great leadership
Fast slow
Call center also front desk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2017
This job really got to know what front desk really does. People depend on us to get the stuff they can't done. I've learned a lot tech stuff which really well work out for me for future jobs. This job taught me the background that happens behind the phone.
Great
Software and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 31, 2017
I really liked Geek Squad but had to go to back to school for this position. Wish I would have had more opportunity to learn more things to enhance my computer skills and knowledge
usual retail experience
Remote Support/PC Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
Usual retail experience not much else to say about it. Management micro manage and not try to be leaders, Customers tend to get stressful, Not paid enough for all your hard work and no recognition
Geek squad
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 22, 2017
Geek Squad is a stress free environment. It allows employees to reach there full potential and creates many other future job opportunities. I highly recommend Geek squad.
A flexible schedule
CONSULTING AGENT (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 22, 2017
I work here to attend school and I need the flexible scheduling. The pay is low for what the company demands you to do and the work loads can be excessive so you'll have to time manage and multi-task to stay out of the red zone. The customers have to be the worst part of the job, thankless, ignorant and managers tend to cater to them. Management is hardly any help because they are not at all knowledgeable in computers. Overall I would recommend this job for people getting into the IT field and for high school students because there is no career here.
Pros
Experience in computers and paperwork
Cons
customers, management
Run.
Consultant Agent (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 22, 2017
Leave if you're part time. Not a tech job if you think it is... cap out at $18 an hour...thats after you worked 6 years... Its a sales job. You get to wear a clip on tie and be geeky... and discounts are good on phone chargers and car stuff...that's about it.
Pros
Discounts on phone chargers and car stuff.
Cons
everything else.
Fun and enjoyable work enviroment
Advanced Repair Agent (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 19, 2017
Geek Squad has been a great place to practice my technical skills and improve on them on a daily basis, the environment while strict with paper work and client data privacy was more relaxed than a typical retail store position.
The company has always been willing to work with my schedule for school and projects allowing me the time off I need. Coworkers are great and the Geek Squad culture is fun without being too brainwashing.
The company does their best to adapt to change and asking their ground level employees what needs to be changed, of course seeing how Geek Squad and Best Buy are a multi billion dollar company these take time but its more than most other big block retailers attempt.
Pros
Pay(compared to sales floor), set goals and guidelines with little grey area, chill enviroment and culture
Cons
lots of paper work, sometimes changes implemented by corporate do not work
Very stressful
Computer Repair Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 16, 2017
As with all retail based jobs, Geek Squad was very difficult to work with. Fluctuating hours means fluctuating pay. Managers would rather you lose a customer trying to sell them a $200 service they don't want, instead of selling them a cheaper service they would be willing to purchase.
A good environment
Consultant Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMay 9, 2017
When you work with Geek Squad, you are put into the culture. You become part of the family. Always there to help each other, and friendly until you leave.
Good place to learn
Consultation Agent/Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 8, 2017
Its a good place to learn and this is the limit I am trying to make the limit is the limit of the review I dont think it is fair to force someone to write a review
Geek Squad
Supervisor/Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 7, 2017
Coworkers are interesting
Leadership/Management are a bit oppressive
Leadership/Management focused on sales from Best Buy even make promises we can't deliver
Awesome working with many different technologies and clients issues.
Pros
Coworkers, working with different types of issues, working with the latest tech
Cons
Management, Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geek Squad. Our community is ready to answer.