Geek Squad

Geek Squad Employer Reviews

Productive and energetic environment
Team Lead/IT Support (Current Employee), Woodridge, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Relaxed environment
Cons: Hours can be difficult
Geek Squad is it's own culture. The clients needs are the first priority and providing that service in a world class manner. One of my favorite values is having fun while being the best. Teamwork is essential everyday by working together to make productivity goals.I have learned more with Geek Squad than any other company and I am grateful for that.
Great to work there when you are among friends
Counter Intelligence Agent (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with
Cons: Overworked, very stringent on their meal breaks (clocking in and out not a minute late or early)
I had worked for the Geek Squad very close to its inception. When I started there it wasn't that I was just looking for a job but to be part of this team. That was several years ago. I have made life long friends working there but there were people who just caused issues and were flakes that made life terrible sometimes. I had some great supervisors and some that should have been fired a long time ago. Overall I recommend that if you can get the work do it. Seeing someone that was devastated that they had lost everything but I was able to really help them in that moment gave me great joy. Yes it's a numbers game, yes you deal with shady people. But if you are honest and truly have a mindset of wanting to help people it can really be a good place to work.
It was a job
SSCIA (Former Employee), Brooks, KYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: it's a job, good coworkers
Cons: everything else
I still maintain contact with my coworkers from Geek Squad, they are all completely miserable there. The pay was okay, and the work wasn't terribly difficult, but the upper management is atrocious and I can only be glad that I made the leap out before things got any worse than they already were.
Horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee), Alpharetta GaMarch 15, 2015
Only thing good about this job is the employee benefit. Most people at the Alpharetta location are raciest. Other then the employees the managemnet is bad
Unique Talent
Special Agent, Network and Server Administrator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2015
It requires sales, and technical skills to be a great Geek Squad Agent. It is not all about doing repairs, and not all about sales, you have to do both. Most technicians would think the job is to easy to charge correctly for services, and if you sell it you need to do the job.
productive, fun to work, up to date with technology
solutions expert (Former Employee), Independence, MOMarch 14, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: lack of help and knowledge
typical day at work would involve helping clients solve issues, selling services and technology to fit there day to day needs. answering phone calls to help clients over the phone or sell service. I have learned how to sell, fix, and maintain any kind of technology from androids, IOS, OSX, windows (Including windows 8). management was strong in cretin areas. For the most part it was self management do to poor leadership over Geek Squad. co-workers were great, we set goals for ourselves to meet for the day,week,month. fun to work with, helping each other advance in day to day situations and coming together as a team. hardest part of the job was lack of help during busy times. I enjoyed most things about this job from the people i worked with to challenging situations with clients and leadership to solve issues. loved the learning curve and something always new and challenging to troubleshoot.
Geek Squad opened the door into field services for me
Car audio technician (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 12, 2015
Allowed me to get started and build a reputation in field services

Direct one on one interactions with the customer showed me that building a relationship with them goes a long way
dont physically fix computers, All selling tech support
CONSULTATION AGENT (Current Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: work with few educated employee
Cons: dont fix computer at all, salesman, no "tech" support on anything
Geek Squad CA position is more of a sales team Rep. than a computer repairman

its 90% selling tech support solution than actually touching a clients computer.

The environment is a survival of the fittest, revenue per hour you make matters, if you're too low, you get coached and learn how to be a better sales man overall.

They push their support resolution than worrying about clients computer

Its an entry level for any standard if you're good at selling.
Great IT job to start with
Covert Double Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 9, 2015
Typical day can vary from 1 client who needs ten computer set up, to four clients who all need malware or adware removals.
Excellent
Consultant Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: no cons
Excellent work environment. All of the techs were very helpful. When I didn't know how to do something I would just ask and someone would help me right away until I was comfortable with handling everything by myself.
Most Enjoyable part of the job
Home Theater Cadet (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is being able to go into the clients house and help them finish their dream that they envisioned
Everything about this job was fine
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Magna, UTFebruary 17, 2015
I really didn't have any problem about working for Lagoon, except I was never working the full hours I was promised, and it was a really far drive for how young I was.
ADVANCED REPAIR AGENT (Current Employee), Burlington, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Its a great place to work and management is pretty helpful. It feels like most people enjoy their job and are fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is definitely dealing with unclear customers, and the easiest is definitely actually enjoying the work.
Great Company To Grow With
Admin (Current Employee), Brooks, KentuckyFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: learning, expéience
Cons: after a certain point of ladder climbing you must be willing to relocate to corporate or retail, still plenty of opportunities.
Geek Squad's Repair facility in Brooks, Kentucky is a great place to grow and develop skills for anyone willing to put the effort and express interest. There are many functions at the facility which will allow room for growth. I would recommend to anyone looking to change career, develop management/business/technical skills or just a good company to work for while pursuing an education.
Very fun place to work and a learning experience
Consultation Agent (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: retail hours
My day was always something new to learn yet I was never made to feel like I didn't know anything. Anytime I had questions I didn't feel like I had to hesitate to ask...
Can be a fun work environment with the right people
Consultation Agent (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: geek squad culture is very tongue-in-cheek, lots of pop-culture references in their documentation and training modules, can be genuinely fun
Cons: only get a half hour lunch break off the clock, very sales-driven since it's still retail, less emphasis on troubleshooting and more on selling services
As a Consultation Agent (CA) at Geek Squad you're expected to evaluate a client's needs based on a quick 15 minute session and sell them corresponding services to fix the issues they're having. We service Smart Phones, Tablets, Macs, PCs (even had a DOS Desktop come in one day!).

A typical day for me at Geek Squad consisted of troubleshooting PCs, the majority of which had infections, explaining to clients where the infections come from and offering them several service plans that would enable the Repair Agents to clean things up. Aside from that I set up new PCs for clients, installed software and before leaving was getting trained by Repair Agents on computer repair.

During my time with Geek Squad I learned how to create Microsoft Accounts needed for Office installations, Learned how to install and set up Quickbooks, Outlook 2013, Quicken, multiple AVs. I did some repair work in the back utilizing Geek Squad tools as well as various Microsoft repair tools. I also learned quite a bit about Macs- something I never had much exposure to before.

My direct managers usually had a good grasp of how things worked but where primarily concerned about the bottom-line and sales of service plans to clients. Overall store management was mostly clueless as to how Geek Squad operated.

The hardest part of being with Geek Squad was when you had to tell people that their device, whether it be a tablet, phone or laptop, was done for. Viruses like Cryptolocker are devastating and unfortunately there is no recourse for the victim. They either pay the criminals that encrypted their files or start – more... over. It was also challenging trying to explain how technology worked with less technically inclined individuals. I've found that a little bit of extra patience goes a long way when trying to educate others on how to use their devices.

The most enjoyable part of my job came from interacting with my co-workers and when your'e able to fix a problem on the counter for a client. The gratitude and heartfelt thanks really makes the job worth it. A bonus was being able to get hands-on experience with multiple laptops, tablets and smart phones. First hand experience is the best way to learn about the ins and outs of a device. – less
Fast paced challenging environment
Full-Time Consultation Agent (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TexasJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: challenging enviroment
Cons: different methods for different stores.
At the front end of the counter we are constantly busy. From helping/assisting clients re enable their track pad, to educating them on how to use Windows 8 we have to factor in how we are going to complete the new pc setups - small fixes like driver installs, password removals, virus removals on a rushed computer and more. Then every so often we will have an infected computer, or a computer with defective hardware come in and our goal is to diagnose the issue and give the client a heads up of whats going on with their device and what it will take to repair, while providing relevant notes to the technician on what needs to be done. This fast paced environment has taught me a lot on how to use and repair both Windows and Macintosh computers, and how to be more efficient and multitask with the time that I have available to me. Good managers in Geek Squad are a dime in a dozen, I was fortunate to have a few good managers who encouraged teamwork and mold that team into a very productive, yet relaxed environment. The hardest part of the job is getting to that relaxed point, it takes time, communication, and fellow co-workers are anxious of change. But after that rough patch the work place becomes a very enjoyable place to work.
Excellent entry level IT job.
Consultation Agent (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: discounts and experience
Cons: compensation
If you get this job while young or in school you will benefit more than a seasoned person trying to grow in the IT world.
A company with a better Brand image than its actual image
(BestBuy) - Consultation Agent (Former Employee), Snellville, GAJanuary 4, 2015
No room for promotions, A lot of favoritism and lack of experienced leadership
productive very hands on very diverse
Advanced repair agent (Current Employee), Holmdel, NJDecember 23, 2014
i am a very hands on kind of person. i am very diverse in my mechanical knowledge.

1 2 3 4 5