Full-time. Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays. Store hours vary from 7 days/week 10-6 to 6 days/week 10-5
Up to $20/hour
Min Age: 18
Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Work with talented geeky-types, selling beautiful and useful products in a gorgeous retail store in the Hamptons.
The GeekHampton Sales & Technical Admin Assistant provides support to the management team both as a savvy salesperson and an administrative assistant with strong technical skills. You will be responsible for daily administrative duties that keep the retail functions of GeekHampton organized and running smoothly, including drawer reconciliations and inventory tracking. The management team will appreciate your strong sense of responsibility and integrity and willingness to pitch in wherever necessary.
In addition to administrative duties, The Sales & Technical Admin Assistant provides sales support. Our sales people are the first to greet customers at our store in Sag Harbor, New York. They feel invested in providing an excellent experience for every customer. They strive to understand our customers’ needs and desires and then connect them with the right tools. This is much more than a sales job—the Sales & Technical Admin Assistant understands the unique creative culture we serve and instructs and communicates so everyone who visits GeekHampton feels heard, helped, and inspired.
THE GEEKHAMPTON SALES & TECHNICAL ADMIN ASSISTANT:
- Supports the management team by overseeing day-to-day administrative duties related to the operation of the retail store.
- Has high-level expertise on the latest Apple operating systems.
- Creates an environment where customers feel comfortable no matter what their technical experience may be.
- Helps to build solutions that are specific to the needs of each customer
- Helps to explain how GeekHampton can support them before, during, and after the sale is complete.
- You are organized, highly responsible and able to work well under pressure
- You know and love Apple® products and are confident you can pass the latest OS X and iOS exams offered by Apple within 30 days of employment.
- You currently own and use a Mac with OS 10.7 or above on it.
- You have at least 2-3 years experience working as an administrative assistant or related position
- You are friendly and have great communication skills
- You are a good listener
- You like working as part of a team and are willing to pitch-in wherever necessary
- You have worked in a retail store
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.