GEICO Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,257 reviews matching the search
My GEICO Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 29, 2016
My time at GEICO was very good I have never worked for a company where I enjoyed going into work every single day and actually looked forward to it. It taught me many things about myself. However it was not a good fit for me, I am more a face to face interaction so if someone doesn't mine indirect interaction this is for you, but direct interaction steer clear.
Pros
Cafeteria, Gym, Benefits
Cons
stressful job
decent
Senior Draft Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDApril 28, 2016
Job security was good. Benefits was outstanding but it was very hard to move up in the company. Was also hard as an employee to get another job in another department. Would get hired over anyone outside the company
Pros
Very Festive
Cons
Hard to move around
Great job if you enjoy a call center environment
Licensed Insurance Agent - Homeowners Service (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 28, 2016
Typical customer service job. Learn the basics of homeowners insurance and handle in-bound calls your entire shift. Might be some meetings or classes depending on the service levels. Management is great, always supportive and able to listen. Managers and supervisors all know each employee by name and are easy to talk to. Great shift flexibility and options for daytime, nighttime, or mid-day shifts. If you do not enjoy being on a phone all day or talking to upset/angry customers for an entire shift, this is not the job for you. Overall work place environment is great, lots of food days and celebrations for random things. Lots of perks like discounts on businesses and services in the area. Great healthcare plan.
Pros
Fun co-workers, great management, large choice of schedules
Cons
Not a lot of room to grow for a few years, large pool of workers and few upper positions
Good Place to Work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 27, 2016
If you're just starting off in the workforce, this is a great place to grow and develop. You don't need to know anything about insurance to work there (I certainly didn't when I first started). They will teach you everything you need to know and not only will they help you develop but they will help you grow your skill set. I don't think there's many other places in Buffalo where you could go in off the street not knowing anything and get compensated the way that GEICO does. There's room to grow and get promoted for most areas. Unfortunately, IT is not one of those areas that GEICO excels at and if you want to stay within IT at the company, you're pretty much forced to move down to the DC area where GEICO loses its advantages as an employer.Given it's an insurance company, I feel really secure in having a job there and feel if I wanted to I could work the next 30-40 years there without having to worry about losing my job due to cutbacks or anything.
Pros
Good place to grow
Cons
Micromanaging
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 26, 2016
The people who work there are great. The job requirements are worth much more than the pay provided. There are too many resources to search through to find answers to customers questions.
Pros
Employees
Cons
job requirements
Call Center Environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 25, 2016
Developed a strong understanding of insurance policies and legal issues through completion of a series of classes coupled with in-depth, multi-week glass claims training.
Analyzed and determined completeness and validity of claims.
Assisted policyholders in a busy call-center environment.
GEICO is a company with a long and mostly positive past tradition.
PIP Specialist - PIP Claims Department (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 24, 2016
A typical day at work consists of reviewing previously worked claims which have now been served in lawsuit for various reasons, usually non-payment.
I've been fortunate to have learned a considerable amount about the no-fault portion of the auto insurance industry.
The management style at GEICO is not very common. It is one that (admittedly) only wishes to be able to reward a predetermined number of employees per year. Conditions are arranged to make sure of this. All which is advised by management to subordinate employees. There is no secret of this.
The hardest part of the job, is the volume of work. GEICO does not rehire staff as needed, rather only during various times. The volume, which consider job security is also used as a device for further production.
However, the best part of the job is the people. GEICO has some of the kindest, most talented employees in the industry. Everyone works very well together and tries to be there for each other. Unfortunately, this is usually forbidden when it comes to assisting a struggling colleague.
Pros
Profit sharing, healthcare and comewhat flexible work hours
Cons
a feeling of not being appreciated which a majority of employees feel
Fun environment with flexible hours.
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 21, 2016
This job was a great way to enhance way to enhance my social skills and in a fun way learn how to sell to others. It was something completely out of my comfort zone but I now enjoy going to car dealerships giving goodies and sell our program to them so that we can get more calls for purchasing our insurance.
Steady work
Glass Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 21, 2016
You always know that you have a job as long as you're willing to come to work and do your best. They're not quite as strict as people make them out to be, but the job is very stressful as the numbers you have to pull can sometimes be hard to obtain.
Not a great experience
No-Fault Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 20, 2016
Working at GEICO was an experience but it was at a time where I do not believe I was able to absorb all of the elements involved.
Good place to start, then leave as soon as you can
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDApril 20, 2016
A typical day consists of constant micromanaging with multiple status meetings per day. Training is useful in some ways especially for some of the terminology and technical skills used in the insurance industry. During training you are constantly faced with multiple project assignments, but those can be compounded by any work your supervisor adds onto it, regardless of the feasibility.

Management is exceedingly closed-minded toward any new ways to approach work itself and they are badly behind the times in office structure for programmers - (see open office plans, lack of telework, limited flexible schedules, etc) which leads to low levels of retention and bulk of new hires to replace them and then leave shortly. Mostly this is due to management philosophy of the desire to not allow people to have a decent work/life balance.

Computing resources are underpowered for your work projects.
Pros
Co-workers are nice enough
Cons
Lack of modernization in all facets
Very friendly and employee oriented workplace
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2016
GEICO is a very friendly and employee oriented workplace. They put a lot of effort into trying to make the workplace an enjoyable one. However they make it clear that they expect a lot from their employees and the jobs are very difficult. They have been understaffed and are constantly hiring due to turn over and growth.
California is NOT the place to work with GEICO
Sr. Auto Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 20, 2016
Experienced Field Auto Damage Adjusters are rare at Geico due to attrition. Most experienced staff have quit in favor of other carriers that value their experience and provide better working environments. Endless job opportunities are available to new college grads, but unfortunately, the months long company provided "training" does little to prepare the new associate for the hellish environment that is A.D. Adjuster in California. The micromanagement and resulting stress levels on field staff are unprecedented. The actual workload is often beyond the abilities of most adjusters from an "hours in the day" standpoint. Regional management is solely driven by metrics and their lack of concern for or connection with the field staff is shockingly absent and they couldn't care less about your opinion.
Pros
Pay, including the mandatory overtime can be good if you can negotiate a good base
Cons
Upper management is disconnected thus uncaring about work/life conflicts among many other thing
Great Benefits
Salvage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 20, 2016
GEICO is a great place to work. There are great benefits. The major issue is trying to find the work load balance. GEICO has goals and your goal is to meet your goals but it is so hard because there is too much work to be done. The management is aware and they work hard to fix it. I just feel they should make improvements based on the employees and not on what they think will work. Its hard for management to really know what the job entails when they have not done it in years.
benefits
Cons
lack of structure in the department.
It was good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 20, 2016
It was a good experience. i learned a lot while i worked there. i would definitely work there again given the chance. i was trained the proper way and had a lot of guidance from the managers.
Corporate Structure
Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 19, 2016
This company values quantity at the work place with customer service.

We strive to make every customer feel valued while going through a not pleasant event in their lives.

Hardest Part of Job: Number of files you come into per day.

Most Enjoyable Part: Working indoors with great benefits,
Productive workplace
Bodily Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 19, 2016
Goal orient environment where everyone works as a team. I enjoy working for the company as everyone seems to put forth effort to make the team goal. Moral is boost with games and free food, snacks, gift cards, and comp time off.
Pros
family orient
Cons
No overtime
An interesting company to work for.
Insurance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDApril 18, 2016
The company has a great training and development program however, the micro-management is impossible to deal with. Advancement is slow in the making.
Fast paced and detail oriented workplace
Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2016
GEICO is a very good employer that is poised to continue to grow over the next several years. They are very well manager and encourage employees to better themselves.
Fast paced, performance driven environment with a family feel.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2016
GEICO demands the most of you, but rewards you for hard work and results. I most enjoy the openness of the company. All doors are open from top to bottom and even the AVP is available, if needed.