GEICO Employee Reviews

Found 1,401 reviews matching the search
GEICO work day
Management Development Program (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at work consist of me going through different rotations in order to learn knowledge about different aspects of the GEICO culture and perspectives of the different jobs to include : claims, emergency road service, service, retention, performance monitoring team, and more. I currently run a team so I come into work and pull numbers and coach insurance agents to do better and hit their metrics to get promoted.
Pros
Benefits package, opportunities for advancements
Cons
high call volumes, no time to develop phone agents, etc.
terrible, swindling people out of their money by threatening them
Liability Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 28, 2016
Folks, if you get in a car accident, call a lawyer. Don't talk to someone from the insurance company (liability claims), their sole job is to trip you up and try to get you to pay for a claim. Once you get in an accident and submit a claim they are instructed to call you, record the conversation (to trip you up), and get access to your health files (once again, to trip you up--get the picture?) If they don't do this, or if they don't save the company enough money, they get fired.
Exciting and Positive
Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 31, 2016
This job requires me to answer calls and file claims.I have learned to explain coverages in detail to customers and provide information that is needed to attorneys or other insurance companies. My co workers are all very helpful and we are all a team that helps maintain the group with a good score on the floor. The hardest part of my job is talking with customers who are very angry and start screaming at me. The most enjoyable part of my job is having great supervisors and managers that are always willing to help.
Pros
free snack, fun events
Cons
short lunch
Strenuous Work Place with benefits
Personal Injury Protection Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 15, 2016
This job was very challenging and there was room for advancement. However, the caseload was unmanageable at best. In order to keep your rating competitive you would have to stay long hours often without compensation. Their benefit package was comparable and offered a wide variety of services. The team support between coworkers and peers was extremely helpful and welcoming.
Pros
Benefits package & team atmosphere
Cons
Caseload
Job is very beneficial financially
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 22, 2016
As a claims examiner for geico I was required to be licensed in over five states and memorize the separate laws for each state. Each represenative is assigned accidents daily that they are responsible for fully handling the files by attempting to contact all parties involved ordering police reports and requested information on injuries and vehicle damage and making a liability decision.
Pros
PAY
Cons
WORK LOAD WAS HIGH
Great chance to make a difference in people's lives
Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85710August 29, 2016
GEICO is a great place to make a difference in people's lives. Corporate management and regional management are on the same page, but when it comes to the lower levels of management there is some of a disconnect. New hires can become lost in the shuffle of management and the policies that differ from the corporate training.
Pros
salary, knowledge base, training
Cons
Inconsistencies
n/a
CLAIMS SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 9, 2016
Geico is a great company to work for, but you gotta spend more money on morale. Over the past several years, I've seen bonus go away for just about every department, OT incentives diminish, gift card giveaways eliminated, profit sharing decline every year, even our desks were physically made smaller and our sections became more cramped, and now we have the fun squad or whatever its called instead? Pecan pie day?
Overall bad place to work
Former Attorney (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 4, 2016
Management is too interested in their own numbers, they don't care about the quality of work or the clients. They put the attorneys' licenses at jeopardy. They over work and under pay. They don't appreciate what the associates have to give up in order to keep up with the ridiculous numbers. They treat the attorneys like dirt.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
No balance of work with home life and they don't care
Great pay, terrible grading metrics
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 12, 2016
There isn't anywhere that you can get an entry-level job for the money. However, the work atmosphere is stressful. They micromanage every little thing you do from saying "I'm sorry" versus "I apologize." And you can get scored down for it. They want you to move up in the company but it's impossible when what you were taught yesterday get's thrown out tomorrow and they grade you down for petty things. When half of your teams are on a probation, it's time to start looking at how you're grading them and if it's reasonable. I hate it. Getting a new job asap. The pay isn't worth the stress.
Pros
Great pay, reasonable benefits.
Cons
Stressful, unfair grading metrics
geico is a great place
Insurance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 12, 2016
I learned many different work ethics at GEICO, I've learned many different customer services tips at GEICO. My co workers are mostly friendly and very helpful in accomplishing everday work task. The hardest part of my job would be to stay calm while speaking with an I rate customer, but I always get through it. The most enjoyable part of my job is that every day I am helping our customers with a difficult situation.
Pros
benifits
Cons
personals are frowned apon and can effect your results
Good Point of entry for those interested in the Insurance Industry
Liability and Medical Examiner (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJuly 9, 2016
A typical work day is extremely busy. Those looking to apply should have a strong ability to multitask.
Good management is lacking and current management is out of touch with the reality of the position they manage. The hardest part of the job can be the work load. The majority of times the work load is more than one person can handle in a typical work day. If you have major responsibilities outside of work such as children, school, or other work it will be difficult to juggle.
Pros
Benefits for full time employees, profit sharing, good training.
Cons
Work environment, salary.
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 10, 2016
The department that I work in has a management team that are not all on the same page. At Geico things are constantly changing, so sometimes workers need verification and confirmation of changes and when we go to management for guidance one member of management will give you an answer, but if you go to another member you'll receive a different answer. This can make the job very frustrating and stressful.
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 15, 2016
Geico is a company full of nothing but self centered employees that treat you like a number. They tell you they are family friendly throughout the hiring process and training. You realize how false that is once you actually start working. Management is full of backstabbing, selfish higher ups. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
benefits, but very expensive
Cons
everything else
Great people and amazing experience
Payment Recovery Technician (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 4, 2016
Everyone is friendly and the environment is very welcoming. Working at GEICO teaches good communication skills with coworkers and customers as well as skills on the computer and typing. I love everyone I have ever worked around. However, things are constantly changing every day and it can be hard keeping up with all of the changes occuring.
Positive environment with excellent benefits
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2016
Come for the benefits, stay for the culture. The benefits package is excellent from the beginning and the environment for the first few months is exciting. The most difficult part of the job was, like any call center, being tied to a phone all day. For GEICO specifically, the standards are extremely high, which is compensated for in awesome pay.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, fun co-workers
Cons
Micromanaging, CONSTANT (SERIOUSLY) change.
Great training programs and educational benefits
Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 21, 2016
A typical day at Geico is assisting customers in making changes to their policy...adding vehicles, drivers, or helping with a payment plan if the customer is in pending cancellation status...must stay available on phones at all times...very fast pace environment...constant change in policies or procedures...the hardest part of the job is receiving calls from irate customers that blame agents for any changes of premiums due to driving history or increases...l enjoy my team and the rapor that we have, teamwork when one is falling all assist to make sure no one fails.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 20, 2016
Geico is an amazing place to work with so many different benefits for all agents. I love how the have a cafeteria located on site so it makes it more convenient then having to leave somewhere for food. I also enjoy how many activities they have to keep co-workers involved, like bake sales, awareness groups, family fun days, etc. It's all around just a good company to work for where you feel appreciated.
Pros
benefits, environment, staff
Cons
options on shift changes, time off
Geico
Corporate Underwriting Supervisor (URC) (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 23, 2016
Great job security, above average work culture (most people are friendly) but still have to deal with office politics. Pay isn't competitive with the market, but benefits are great. Overall if you are looking for a stable career with opporunities from within, but willing to settle for mediocre pay for a high work ethic, GEICO is the company for you.
Great Company
ACCIDENT TOW BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 21, 2016
I really liked working for GEICO. They really take care of their employees. The company is well known and they really give their employees and customers great benefits and savings on other products as well. The customer service is awesome. if you don't have good customer service, don't apply.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Job Security, Great Pay
Cons
job overpowers being ar home
Great if you need money
Cycle Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2016
You're treated more like a number than a person.

Unbalanced grading for quality/interaction assurance.

If you're looking for an internal opportunity, you will be denied because it is an internal move. quoted directly from management "We don't want employees taking advantage of the bonus system in another department if they already have one in their current position."

The healthcare is great! A+
Pros
Profit Sharing, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Quality of Life