GEICO Employee Reviews

Found 1,520 reviews matching the search
Great company, but very stressful!!!
Telephone Claims Rep I (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 15, 2017
This is a great company, but it's very stressful! Things are constantly changing, expectations are extremely high,& you're constantly graded heavily on all that you do! There is a lot of room for advancement, but you must consistently perform at an exceptional level if you ever expect to advance! It's doable, but very difficult and extremely stressful!
Pros
Pay, benefits, and perks
Cons
STRESSFUL, strict dependability expectations, STRESSFUL
Geico Insurance Company
Sales / Service and Management (Former Employee) –  Bethesda Md, San Francisco CaDecember 27, 2016
Worked in the sale and service department when I started working for Geico...Helped customers with their problems or changes to their policies....Wrote New Car Insurance policies. Then I was hired for a Records Manager. Had around 10 14 employees trained them to file documents in the customer files appropriately, CRT trained employees to enter into the system.
Pros
Good Company to work for
Cons
Their San Francisco Office Closed down in 76
Automobile insurance policies
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 8, 2017
geico is great company to work for,,paid for all licenses provided classes to keep renewed, great benefits,
call center, worked with policy holders requests, answered questions, advised policy holders about their auto policies,
got a lot of experience in customer interaction and being able to handle difficult policy holders.
the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customer and knowing that they felt they knew a little more agoabout their insurance policy. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the calls per day goals
Pros
great benefits
Cons
stressful
Great for some people
Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 9, 2016
This is not my type of job. It all depends on who your supervisor is, they really determine how successful you are, at least in the beginning. I do not enjoy the micromanagement, the insurance culture, or the job itself.

If you prefer doing the exact same thing, day in, day out without any variance or excitement.

You do not get to interface with co-workers often, most of the lower level co-workers are great people. I'm not impressed by majority of management position people though.

The job itself is easy, just extremely redundant.

I do not find much to be enjoyable in this job.
Good to get the experience then leave!
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYDecember 7, 2016
A circus overall, management isn't on top of things and there has been 3 managers within the past 2 years. supervisors stay 6 months and leave the department, now they have supervisors from other departments without experience and currently are no help to the associates.

Geico requires too much from their employees and pay the lowest in the industry, most people get the experience and leave to another company which i hear Geico doesn't compare to other insurances
Pros
profit sharing and two days off
Cons
Attendance Policy, Work environment is completely unorganized, management rotates like clock work
Okay place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 6, 2016
Its difficult. Be prepared to work for every penny they offer. Not much room for movement anymore unless you are degreed and know someone. If you like deadlines and are excited about super unrealistic goals, GEICO is the place for you. There are always contests and give aways. They celebrate absolutey everything, which is fun. GEICO does a lot to reward employees. There is usually overtime opportunities every day.
Pros
excellent pay, no lay offs
Cons
super strict goals, no work from home positions
high pace
Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2017
GEICO is an overall good company to work for. They offer great benefits. With that said, it's best to work in the office to have a great experience with GEICO. Working in the field is extremely stressful and there is no catching up. We are always short staffed and unappreciated. The work environment being a "field employee" vs working in their call center is completely different. You are expected to work overtime but not given overtime pay.
A plus was having a ping pong table and pool table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 13, 2017
When first hired I felt always on edge because if you don't start to meet numbers than there is always the possibility of being let go. It is very stressful and when you are always reminded of what you might of missed on a call instead of what you did right you can start to get down on yourself. Management does tend to play favorites sometimes and it can be a little disturbing.
Good place to start in Insurance.
Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  NOVA, VADecember 7, 2016
The company does a great job of training. The non-management group is awesome. Your peers have a good working relationship because we all get treated the same way. The management is good about making promises to keep you with the company but never follow through. For example: Promising raises, or a new company car , moving you to a new shop, moving you to a new team or a supervisor that will actually invest in your growth and development as a Auto Damage Adjuster. Dangling the carrot as we called it. Like I said, its a great place to start. Do not, I say again do not stay here long unless you like to be mistreated, over worked and underpaid.
Pros
Great training, Good friends, Great benefits
Cons
over worked, under paid, unappreciated
Great Place To Start A Career
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDDecember 20, 2016
GEICO is a great place to start your career due to the opportunities to move up in the company and a decent benefits package. Sometimes it has a culture that puts more emphasis on numbers than people. This is a great way to approach the growth of its business, but not necessarily to manage it people.
Pros
Advancement, Professional Development, Decent Benefits
Cons
Sometimes it is more numbers-focused than people-focused
Worked for better
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYNovember 26, 2016
While there were opportunities to make good money, the biggest downfall of the company is it's insistence you have a degree in business in order to be a member of management. Many good employees are constantly overlooked for positions in management b/c their degree is not in business/marketing/legal, It is a shame b/c people who would be more than happy to build a career need to then take their skillsets elsewhere and are usually picked up by competitors at better salaries b/c of their skills/experience. Building is not bad to work in as coworkers are generally very nice and cooperative.
Pros
location, coworkers, schedules are fair
Cons
entry level pay for most positions, management is very out of touch with their staff
Simply a job masked as a career
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 3, 2016
There wasn't true room for advancement. There was a lot of favoritism and false concern. You are essentially expected to perform the widgets of completing your job regardless if you're struggling or reaching out for help due to personal or personality conflicts. Management had a great script, much like the call center environment, to handle concerns but it's very insincere and no help is actually given. Has awesome customer service and takes care of customers, but does equally horrible in taking care of employees' personal and career growth/development.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Poor management/employee relationship and employee development
Worst Job Ever
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 29, 2016
Working for Geico was the most stressful job I have ever had. They don't value anyone that work for their company instead, you are given horrible hours, a boss who could care less about you and people who care about nothing but there selves. When it came time to give me a raise the company gave me the run around. They though of ways to get rid of me. The is the last place I would recommend anyone work for.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Horrible management, Sucky hours and advancement.
Brutal job
Claims Supervisor Leadership Program (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2016
I might not be the best person to provide a review on GEICO given the length of time I was employed with them. I originally joined GEICO to be part of the Supervisory Leadership Program. It appeared to be an amazing opportunity and also provided a little extra income. It did not take me long to realize that insurance is a brutal industry if you are not fully invested in it. One positive is that it makes you really keep in mind how to approach every person you come in contact with each day, given the high number of customers that would yell at you.
Pros
My manager and team was amazing
Cons
Every aspect of the job.
No work/life balance for me.
AUTO DAMAGE ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 28, 2016
The job itself is not a bad one. It is a lot of work and you will always be busy, which is fine for me. I am stationed in Staten Island and I live in Queens, though. I did not have a choice in the matter. So the job plus commute takes up pretty much my whole entire life. Must work some Saturdays as well. The pay is okay, I was making more in sales, but there is more job security at Geico.
I enjoyed working there at Geico
Sales / Service and Management (Former Employee) –  Maryland and San FranciscoOctober 22, 2016
I started in their sales and service department.. Handling new car insurance policies and service of problems with customers policies.

I worked in their Maryland Corporate office and was promoted to their San Francisco Office to Management in their Records department.

Managed about 15 employees in the recorded department....Trained them how to file appropriate papers in our customer files. Add information in their files. Trained them how to use the CRT Computers.

Had monthly personal performance reports.
Pros
Enjjoyed working for Geico
Cons
Closed their San Francisco Office
Very professional yet fun workplace.
Military Auto Sales Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 19, 2016
All together working at GEICO was a great experience! I personally would not work for a call center again however, the company has many other options. Management was amazing! My coworkers were very up beat and lively. Working in a call center though i did definitely miss the person to person interaction. I would love to continue to work in the insurance industry however, if not I have so much that I have learned from this great company that I, or anyone who works here, will be able to apply to any job.
Pros
Great Medical insurance, plenty of opportunity to move up, great environment and upper management is very fair and willing to work with you.
Great work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2016
A typical day at work was very upbeat. I learned over the couple years I worked with them how to speak to customers and how to handle tough situations. The management was beyond great. Maybe the hardest part of the job was intimidating customers which I got over extremely quick, because it was never personal. My favorite part of the job was communicating with our customers and making connections with all the people who came through our office. My relationships with my co-workers was very enjoyable. everyone got along
Pros
Hour long lunch break
Cons
n/a
Terrible work life balance, over worked , under paid
Telephone Claims Representative I (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 13, 2016
I was very excited to obtain a position at GEICO. Once I realized what I got myself into I was not longer excited. I work 55-60 hours a week and still cannot get caught up on my work. The work expections are physically impossible to do in 8 hours a day. You are expected to work nights and weekends without being paid for that time put in. The management does not listen to what the employees are saying and still run the play like its the 1990s.
Fun & challenging place to work!
Licensed insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85710October 12, 2016
A typical day at GEICO began with a motivational huddle from my supervisor. All supervisors I encountered genuinely care about our work life balance and mine was no exception. She helped coach me to success. While my interactions with management were rare my supervisor's manager seemed like a fun individual to work for. I most enjoyed the team structure GEICO follows, benefits & pay. My co workers were very positive & supportive.
Pros
benefits, work environment, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.