GEICO Employee Reviews

Found 1,563 reviews matching the search
Its intresting and fun working there
Android Developer (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDFebruary 24, 2017
I loved working there. Inspired and learned several other new features. Grateful to work. Monitored several meetings and established good relationships.
Great money for a great price
Registered Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Geico work environment is horrible. During the training on the phones they bully you until you ultimately meet their needs. They threatened with termination a lot and acted like we needed them as a career in order to have a successful life. They are breaking insurance laws, and tell you its part of the job. I will never refer anyone to work for this company. Also if you have a long term illness amd must see a doctor a lot. Do not expect them to work with you.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
All of the above
ok
Personal Injury Examiner (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYFebruary 23, 2017
it is a job. Work hard, get paid, maybe some bonuses. This was years ago, I am not sure of what goes on now. There is adaquate desk area.
Great intern program.
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2017
My time spent at GEICO was great. Management was very helpful and spent quality time mentoring interns. I learned professional business language, six sigma, how to conduct research and how to work with a diverse group of people to meet objectives. Working with excel and other Microsoft office tools, helped me stay organized and complete tasks pertinent to the job. I enjoyed my coworkers and felt that I was challenged in a way that helped me grow.
Claims Adjustor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 22, 2017
GEICO was a great place to work, profit sharing and great pay and benefits. It jut was not a good fit for me. Bidding on schedules and being a divorced wife of 2 small children the schedules just weren't a good fir for me.
Insurance
Customer Service/Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2017
It was a really long drive and I couldn't continue working there at the time but the drive and the traffic did not work for me at the time.
Needs new management
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2017
It is a wonderful company. But the management there is ridiculous!! The job itself is good and a lot of the people are great. They just Micromanage everything. Even restroom breaks!!!
Good environment, provides job security for conscientious workers.
Staff Counsel, Mazza LeBlanc & Welch (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 17, 2017
Busy office, always something to be done. Friendly environment with very competent attorneys and support staff. Company hires quality people who know what they are doing. Clients are confident that their concerns are being handled properly and professionally
Pros
Flex-time for staff counsel office employees
Cons
Limited "paralegal" positions
about the company
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Management drives the force so if you have a great leader then your job will be more enjoyable. Not enough specific training how to be the most successful in your role.
benefits
Cons
management and pay
Love the job itself
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 16, 2017
This is a great place to work, however, there is a lot of micro management that sometimes base your outcome on their personal feelings of the people.
Pros
great pay, co-worker, vacation time and fun place to work
Cons
micro management
Stable and fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Geico is a great company to work for, they always have the employees interest in mind. Very easy to move up quickly and encourage you to go to school in order to move up to management. Great supervisors and upper management to work with, makes it really easy to move up quickly.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Desk job
Great Company
Licensed Insurance Professional (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAFebruary 14, 2017
The best job I've ever had, the management doesn't treat you like your incompetent and are always there to help. Great place to build your career and support your family.
Pros
Bonus and Flexibility
Cons
Strict dependability requirements, irate customers
blah
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 13, 2017
no work/life balance
they just want warm bodies to fill ancient chairs
no time to be a human you are a robot trained to say the same thing day in and day out.
opportunity and growth available
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 13, 2017
no physical work could be considered mental health field dealing with customers all day via headset, need to be self motivated, average 70+ calls a day, management is very good and very understanding and hands on, you have three 15min breaks or 1 30min lunch and 1 15min break, basically answer questions all day in customer service
Pros
recognition, awards, gift cards, yearly raises, 401k, profit sharing
Cons
7.75 hours bc lunch is paid for .. long work schedules
Great place to work, but heavy work load
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 12, 2017
I gained quite a lot skills while working at Geico and I grew as a person and as a professional. I have had several supervisors who were all very supportive and did their best to create a fun, positive environment.

The difficult part is that it is a call center. Employees are expected to answer as many calls as possible while completing as much work as possible -- all the while being closely monitored by management. I took anywhere from 30-60 calls per day. In addition to taking calls, time must be found to follow up with some of the customers whom initially reported their claim/concern to you over the past week or two.

So, it's not just a call center when you work in the claims department. You are responsible for a certain amount of claims, a caseload, if you will, while doing the call center aspect of the job every day.

It was very challenging at times, both mentally and emotionally. There were definitely quite a lot of happy customers, but there were just as many difficult customers. Geico provided the tools,training and support to ensure I could effectively do my job. But after 8 hours on the phone, listening to people who have just had possibly the worst day of their life, it was quite draining. I would often drive home in complete silence, radio turned off, to rest my mind.

With that being said, the pay and benefits were great, management was fair (even though a lot of micromanagement took place), and they were understanding when time off was needed/requested. In addition, pay raises were pretty much guaranteed if you met your goals.
Pros
Good pay, advancement opportunities, supportive management, great benefits, on-site cafeteria
Cons
Mentally draining, micro-managed, short breaks
A place with a lot of opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Definitely a good place to start off, they pay very well and most of the supervisors care genuinely about their associates and want the to do well. They go out of their way to make sure you meet your goals to get promoted or get to the department you want to be.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very strict
Its a great place to work unless you fall ill
ERS Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Geico has great benefits and great management, easy job, to do, my downfall was becoming ill before my one year mark unfortunately they couldn't hold my job.
Very challenging, stressful place to work
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day included rushing to try and get all the work done with a ton of caseload and unrealistic expectations. Lots of stress and low morale. Management feels pressure from above and sends that pressure downward to the lower employees. Horrible culture of trying to rise to the top by selling your soul to the employer. The hardest part is trying to keep up without breaking down. The most enjoyable part was going home.
Pros
great benefits for industry
Cons
awful work-life balance, horrible pressure from management, high stress, call-center environment
Stressful Claims Environment
Upper Level Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Geico tends to squeeze as much out of you at possible. The work/life balance is poor, in my opinion. You will really need to be devoted to your job if you plan to travel up the ladder. The entry level positions are much easier, but who wants to stay at the bottom. The job security is great. Unless you do some unethical things, it is hard to get fired. Come in and do your best and you will have a job, although if you arent good at your current position, you may get moved departments. I feel the upper level positions do not pay nearly enough for what is required of the employee. No matter how good you do, the mentality is always "what have you done for me today"
Pros
job security
Cons
no free time, constant stress, never good enough
The pay is good
Customer Service/Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Geico does pay well and has amazing perks, but it is not what you think. Geico looks out for who looks out for them. If it doesn"t benefit upper management they don't bother themselves with it. They do pay well and have amazing perks and career growth but for you to see the growth and perks it has to make sense to upper mangement and benefit them in some sort

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.