GEICO Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,375 reviews matching the search
Too strict and micro managed
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 25, 2016
The pay and benefits are good but the job was awful. The pay was good but not worth the stress and unhappy work and life balance that comes along with it.
Pros
Friends I've met working there and the pay.
Cons
Micro management high stress call center
Job is very beneficial financially
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 22, 2016
As a claims examiner for geico I was required to be licensed in over five states and memorize the separate laws for each state. Each represenative is assigned accidents daily that they are responsible for fully handling the files by attempting to contact all parties involved ordering police reports and requested information on injuries and vehicle damage and making a liability decision.
Pros
PAY
Cons
WORK LOAD WAS HIGH
Very productive
Emergency Road Service & Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Macon, gaAugust 21, 2016
I love it, I'm just interested in moving! People here are very nice. I would encourage anyone to work here! I'm not sure what else to say about this company but it's a good place to work, honestly!
Good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 19, 2016
GEICO is a great company to work for and a place where you are able to grow within the company. Everyone I've come in contact with is extremely friendly.
Its gets the bills paid
ERS Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 18, 2016
i honesty dont know what i expected from this job. its decent, just dont get into any drama and you'll be fine. co-worker were sometimes nice. hardest part of the job is dealing with how the customer on the phone talk to you. I loved the pay though.
great job, if you can stand the monotony
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 17, 2016
Reasonable pay and bonus structure. Highly monotonous and mind numbing. If you work on the phones, I would recommend that you only spend 2-3 years max before you move into a supervisor or performance monitoring position to avoid burn-out.
Pros
Pay is reasonable. Team can make or break.
Cons
micro managed time (down to the seconds) - Monotony
It's ok, but not a place to stay
emergency road service representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 15, 2016
Exactly as the title says.

They aren't all that friendly when it comes to people with disabilities, and they aren't as accommodating as they seem. There is also some low-key sexism and fat-shaming. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
too much favortism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 15, 2016
They are very busy, and they only really care to allow people to advance if they like them not if they are qualified. It seems like they ONLY care about their numbers and not the people who drive those numbers
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 15, 2016
Geico is a company full of nothing but self centered employees that treat you like a number. They tell you they are family friendly throughout the hiring process and training. You realize how false that is once you actually start working. Management is full of backstabbing, selfish higher ups. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
benefits, but very expensive
Cons
everything else
Liked Working there when employed
Licensed Auto Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 14, 2016
With being let go after seven months of intense training along with receiving my license I worked hard for, I was not happy with the outcome. I am a hard worker and enjoyed the position but was disappointed that so many people come in to get trained but only a few, when they have room, get moved to the actual service floor.
I worked a few summers while I was in college.
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 13, 2016
I was a customer service representative. I took phone calls and serviced GEICO policies. It was a wonderful, well paid summer job.
Tries to make it interactive
ERS Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 12, 2016
GEICO is always willing to work with the schedule you need with your life. There are different events that boost morale. To me, being tied to the desk all day is the hardest part of my job, but I also do feel fulfilled to know that I am helping people in need.
Productive and hardworking.
High School Intern (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Geico everyday. I come in every morning sign-in to my computer and start processing invoices that are sent in everyday. My goal was to pay at least 200 invoices everyday. My co-workers were very friendly and motivating.
either you love it or hate it
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 10, 2016
Geico is one of the highest paying companies in middle GA but that comes at a cost. Excessive demands from management, no work/life balance, and a barrage of emails are just the beginning. The coworkers you bond with and the supervisor you happen to get every few months can make or break your experience at Geico.
Very good environment with room to grow
Auto Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 10, 2016
GEICO is a great place to work. You have many opportunities to grow and try different things. Management is always very helpful and have your best interests in mind
n/a
CLAIMS SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 9, 2016
Geico is a great company to work for, but you gotta spend more money on morale. Over the past several years, I've seen bonus go away for just about every department, OT incentives diminish, gift card giveaways eliminated, profit sharing decline every year, even our desks were physically made smaller and our sections became more cramped, and now we have the fun squad or whatever its called instead? Pecan pie day?
Liability and Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 7, 2016
The day tends to be very stressful and packed full of phone calls, impromptu meetings, etc. Overall though a great place to work.
Awesome entry level position!!!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 5, 2016
Great benefits. 401k, tuition reimbursement, and health benefits! Fast paced environment, provides ability to increase communication and multitasking skills.
Pros
Nice gym and Credit Union
Cons
Micromanaging, Lack of work/life balance
Great people and amazing experience
Payment Recovery Technician (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 4, 2016
Everyone is friendly and the environment is very welcoming. Working at GEICO teaches good communication skills with coworkers and customers as well as skills on the computer and typing. I love everyone I have ever worked around. However, things are constantly changing every day and it can be hard keeping up with all of the changes occuring.
On Site Fitness Center, Credit Union, Cafeteria, Starbucks, Quiznos
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 4, 2016
Great culture, great management team/trainers,equal opportunity for advancement, promotes from within, encourages personal growth, excellent benefits, 401k, profit sharing.
Pros
Benefits package/pay
Cons
Distance from my home