GEICO

GEICO Employer Reviews

Helpful co-workers,high stress work environment.
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, friendly co-workers, fun family events.
Cons: short breaks, high stress levels.
Geico is a very restrictive company that teaches you self discipline, time management and how to provide the up-most excellent customer service. The management, mainly referring to floor supervisors, can make a work day difficult due to their lack of interest in their teams needing them in situations such as approvals, a dissatisfied customer, help – more... finding customers that are unsure of their exact locations, or general questions which, in turn, can add a lot of unnecessary stress to the work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is having very helpful co-workers who are willing to assist any way possible. The benefits at Geico(mainly referring to salary and advancement opportunities)are also something that can make the job some-what enjoyable. – less
Very Productive Place to work
Accident Tow Billing Rep (Internship) (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
I had a great experience working at GEICO. I learned alot during my internship i held a data entry position. which helped me learn the basics of all the systems and it also help me pick up my typing skills. I really enjoyed working with my former co-workers they were very outgoing people.
Decent place to work
Claims Examiner (WV/MD) (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VADecember 14, 2014
I am seeking opportunities else where, all though it has been a great company, the advancement is not available.
Sorority and frats
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free dq from buffette
Cons: rumors and favortizm
If you join the click you'll be fine. other wise your an outsider and will be picked on. I had a group of friends and was fine but I did not like the way others were treated at all. Great systems and as long as you dont have a family and you can devote 100% of your life youll be fine.
Long Hours, horrible management
Personal Injury Protection Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYDecember 11, 2014
Typical 10-12 hour days, extremely busy, worked through lunch hours to meet deadlines; management team not structured at all; nice environment, the people were the only good thing about the job.
Great Place to work with amazing Co-Workers
Glass Specialist (Current Employee), Macon, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: the selection of some supervisors.
Cons: the balance of the work schedule with personal everyday life event.
Typical Work day: 4 straight hours taking calls, depending on the weather conditions through out the United states the call volume was steady.
Learned many things from the supervisors and more seasoned associates. The management team stayed in their area unless needed to have meetings about changes within the company. The coworkers were ALL nice and – more... a joy to be around, including the supervisors on the floor. The hardest part was actually in the beginning in training, after training everything became second nature. – less
A very high volume work place
Claims representative (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 2, 2014
a typical day is very intresting at geico call center. Ive learned patience.my coworkers were very helpful when i first started. the hardest part of the day was getting a angry customer call. the most enjoyable part is being able to work out and help a customer to satisfy their every need.
GEICO
Emergency Road Service Specialist (Former Employee), Macon, GeorgiaDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: working holidays
I enjoyed working for this company. A typical day was stressful but rewarding. Managment was engaged and co-workers were readily available to assist.
Stable company
Claims Representative II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2014
Stable company to work for. Never worried if I'd be layed off. Ample advancement opportunites. Workload was extremely heavy, and in comparison to other insurance companies, did not compare for salary. However, excellent medical benefits and the annual profit sharing helped gap the bridge a little.
great people, poor management
Personal Lines Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: management
Pushing the older employees out for younger employees for less pay
overall good company
goal oriented
excellent team work
customer driven
tuition reimbursement
assist customers with claims needs
Productive and good place to work
Licensed Auto Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: fitness center, lunch options, location
Cons: advancement opportunities
A typical day at work included time spent working on the phones helping potential customers get new auto insurance, or switch over from a different provider. I learned a lot from my tenure ship with the company. I was taught all of the various coverage types and options available for many different states, as well as the individual state laws that went – more... with it. GEICO also helped train me to become a better salesman. Management was generally chosen from among the most qualified of the applicants that applied. Management tends to switch around quite often, making consistency an issue. Sometimes, managers aren't put in the best spots, which leads to some issues from time to time. Co-workers were great! A lot of good people work for the company. People are generally easy to get a long with, and have the potential to become good friends. Aside from getting your foot in the door, the hardest part of the job is being on the phone for 8 hours a day. But, that's to be expected from any call center environment. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the people. Your co-workers can make all the difference. – less
Good place to work and advance, but not too flexible
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: good place to advance
Cons: training is too long, reuqired to wrok every saturday, pay is not enough for everything you have to do
Geico is a good place to wrok and too advance but they are very knit picky and their processes seem to be too outdated with their everyday operations
Office Enviroment very traditional
Accident Towing Supervisor (Current Employee), Macon, GANovember 15, 2014
Major employer in the middle Georgia area. It is a very traditional call center environment. There is a very good training program. The work force is largely stagnant so very difficult to move forward. Good stable company with a good benefits package.
Productive and fun place to work
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYNovember 12, 2014
I learned a lot about vehicle insurance industry. Great place to work everyone attitude is positive
Productive and fun enviroment
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 10, 2014
Pros: pleanty of ot, good compensation and benefits, quality personnel/management/co-workers
Cons: human resources team have no empathy, hr reps go out of their way to find faults in workers and offer no support
I loved my position within GEICO. I enjoyed the daily tasks of the job and assisting customers in their time of need and providing exceptional customer satisfaction. I enjoyed learning about the insurance field. Management at GEICO is great and I enjoyed the company of my coworkers and the environment. There were no parts of the job I found very difficult.
Expect to be a work horse and just a number
Insurance Counselor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 10, 2014
Compensation and benefits are what keep the employees around. Management is a joke. Lots of politics and favoritism. If you're the right person you can get away with tons of unethical behavior. 90% of the employees I knew all needed anxiety meds after just a few months of working there. Very high call volumes, rude customers, and supervisors who want – more... you to figure things out on your own. There are a few good sups who want you to succeed. If you get one hold on to them tightly and don't leave the section. You're expected to be there round the clock and sick days or fml is highly frowned upon. – less
Solid Company to work for
Auto Damage Supervisor (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VANovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule if you work in the field
Cons: healthcare
This is a solid company to work for. Promotion is easily done once you start as long as you are productive and produce excellent results.
Hard to keep up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits were good
Cons: always worrying about losing your job!
The pay is good, benefits are good. The management is questionable and it is difficult to keep up with the demands of management when it comes to job responsibilities. They change their rules every other day and hire kids out of college to manage workers who were there over 20+ years.
It is ok
Insurance Agent/Office Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2014
There are few opportunities to advance if you are ethical and are genuine.

1 2 3 4 5

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more