GEICO Employee Reviews

Found 1,924 reviews matching the search
Enjoyable work
Telephone Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 20, 2017
Enjoy the work, there is room for advancement without requiring going into management. Set schedules, good pay, good benefits. Job expectation can be high and is difficult for some.
Job with decent salary and other perks
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 17, 2017
It's your typical call center environment. If you are lucky enough to get a position off of the phone then it's a great place to work but as with any call center, it gets old. It is pretty difficult to advance, even if they do stress career advancement as one of their perks.
Pros
Profit Sharing, 401k
Cons
Micro Management, Pigeon-Holing
good benefits
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 17, 2017
i learned multiple computer skills and different applications, GEICO has shown me a new way to look at customer service and how to try to always be excellent with the service peop;e recieve.
It was a good job
Emergency Road Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 17, 2017
Was great. Pay was great. It was a good work environment but breaks a lunches are strict. ERS is good entry level job for people out of high school or looking for starting corporate
Great
Insurance Counselor (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 16, 2017
Great boss, great pay. For an insurance sales job, it was as fun as it could be and there were a lot of opportunities to make money. Very interested in development.
Geico is a great place to work
Customer Service Rep/Sales Agent/Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 15, 2017
My day consisted of recieving calls from geico customers and assisting them properly according to my job title. I learned the ins and outs of insurance at Geico. The culture was very fun. The hardest part was the commute. The most enjoyable part was knowing I helped a customer.
Pros
pay and bonus structure
Cons
change of buildings
Challenging and Fun Workplace
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 15, 2017
I received my license to sell insurance in Hawaii in order to handle insurance. During a typical day at GEICO, I handled incoming calls from customers in response to their automobile insurance. I learned the laws around auto insurance according to Hawaii statutes, how to effectively handle customer complaints and requests in accordance to their insurance, and how to be an excellent insurance agent in order to provide the best advice for proper insurance coverage. The hardest part of my job was obtaining the license to sell and handle automobile insurance with GEICO. I overcame this challenge and excelled at my job. The most enjoyable part of this job was handling various tasks throughout the day.,
Overall good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 14, 2017
Be prepared to excell fast. Must want to continue education to progress. Very competitive. After being imployed there for over three years. I have seen many people come and go.
Fun place to work
Android Developer (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDAugust 14, 2017
Its good environment to work and the manager are friendly. I have learned team work and new technologies. They encourage to do the the coding in an innovative way.
Productive workplace
CSR (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 14, 2017
I loved my Job at GEICO I wish I was still there but i had to relocate because of my spouses job. I wish I was still there. The only thing that was bad about geico is that it seemed like you were just a number and no one cared. If you did not excel in your current position it was ahead to get a promotion. But keeping a positive attitude and working hard will help you get into the posiiton you want. It is hard work it is definitely not a job where you can slack off. I loved it there.
great workplace
Claims service representative (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 14, 2017
its a great environment to work for, the management was caring and made sure you know the job before getting on the phones, the job could be stressful but having geico support every step of the way makes the each day working there worth it and the benefits was perfect
Great pay, great benefits, great people!
Regional Management Trainer (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 12, 2017
Great pay, great benefits, great people! Flexible environment. It's wonderful to work for a company that is so involved in the community with giving back.
Many chances for advancement
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher/ Glass Claims (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 11, 2017
overall good company. The pay is well. Lots of growth and stability. Would apply here again even though the interview process is kind of long. The interview was an all day process.
Pros
Pay. Benefits
Cons
childish superiors
stressful
Insurance Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Macon, GA 31295August 10, 2017
Supervisors do not care if you have medical or family issues, youre just a faceless voice to answer a phone. The benefits are nice, and the 401K option, but it's not worth the lack of consideration that comes from supervisors.
Make Sure you Know What it is you are getting into
Licensed Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 10, 2017
I was happy to get the job at GEICO. I thought that I had found a company to grow with. The training was excellent. However, when it came to the real life scenarios, there was a false sensation in terms of the reality of the job. Claims adjusters are over worked and under paid. You do not have enough time to get a good understanding of the expectations. You are given a little time to take real cases and then suddenly you are given a workload that is over bearing. You are expected to maintain a rating of 3 or better. It is difficult to stay organized when the workload is overwhelming.
Not a employee friendly company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 10, 2017
Working for GEICO was a very stressful job. I ended up having more medical problems working for this company than I ever had with any company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Stress to meet goals & if goals not met you could potentially be fired.
Overall good experience
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 9, 2017
-hardest part of the job is being on the phone all day
-overall good experience, however my experiece with certain supervisors was petty, childish, and dry. no room for family or children when you have a job at geico in my experience, although it is said that they will work with you
Pros
some good people, high way
Overall decent place to work
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 8, 2017
Love the people I work with, management is awesome, benefits are great. Very stressful to keep up with al the matrix. Pay is good. It is a very fast paced environment.
All day long robo calling
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Woodbury NYAugust 7, 2017
Calls come into your queue, all day long with little break. Handle a variety of questions on each call in a courteous manner, while keeping the goals in mind to sell auto insurance and also upsell to additional products, such as, motorcycle, RV and home owners insurance. Asking for referrals.

Management listens in to all calls and has an additional national team listening in to each call. Licensed agent is reprimanded, not just corrected, for even the slightest error in quality, courteousness or demeanor while on phone.
Pros
Steady work all day long. A schedule that it my lifestyle, at the time of Mon-Thurs 3:30pm to 11:30pm.
Cons
Geico, and Warren Buffet, expect absolute perfection on the phone every day and all day. Reprimands come swiftly and daily.
Not bad
Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2017
Geico is a fun company but it is a very stressful job, the workload is quite a bit. Other reviews may say the workload is a lot, and they are right. It can become overwhelming.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval