GEICO

GEICO Employee Reviews

Fun and supportive environment
Clerk (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 27, 2015
You can't ask for a better company to work for benefit wise. You have to be willing to talk on the phone all day though. If you are ok with that then you'll love it.
Nice place and great 24-hr gym
Licensed Insurance Sales Professional (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: 24 hour in-house gym
Cons: Long shifts
As a new employee, you are given the most undesirable shift which is nights. As a sales agent, it was difficult to maintain sales requirements on that evening/night shift.
I enjoyed speaking with customers and sharing my motorcycle experience and advice. Insurance can be confusing for most, so it was challenging and rewarding to develop different ways to explain how insurance works and what options would best suit the needs of each individual customer.
In a call center environment, teams change frequently which allow me to become more acquainted with other agents on the floor.
Challenging
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Poorly structured sales model
Worked in sales so took sales calls for the entire shift. Quoted then sold policies to customers who would call in. Loved my coworkers and am still friends with many of them. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with. The hardest part was trying to advance. They had a very odd structure for incoming calls routing essentially the states with the best rates to the "best sellers". You were then asked to compete with these selected people despite them being given the most competitively priced states and everyone else got the renaming states
Industry Leader with rates
Commercial Auto Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMay 24, 2015
This company is good to work for as long as you're compatible with a call center environment. They are a leader in the industry with very competitive rates offered to consumers. Your manager constantly changes within the same department.
Fun atmosphere, friendly co-workers, helpful managment
Licensed Professional Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Getzville, NYMay 23, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits, stable company
Cons: micro-managed
Working for Geico was never something i had imagined. I spent years and retail so the transition to a call center was definitely an adjustment. I have learned so much from working at Geico. The company itself from the day you walked in expressed he importance of integrity and customer service. I immediately felt like family. Working for a company containing 3,000 employees can be portrayed as the employees being just a number. However, there was not a day that went by where i did not feel appreciated. The management, my co-workers, and the owner of Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffet himself made me feel like i was needed. This was the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job was getting used to a micromanaged company. While you always felt appreciated, there wasn't much room to make mistakes.
Large call center
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Macon, GaMay 21, 2015
Pros: Health insurance, and good pay
Receiving phone calls from policy holders that were broke down on the side of the road and was in need of a tow truck. We would take their information and dispatch a contracted company to go help them.
nice place
CSR (Former Employee), FredericksburgMay 19, 2015
Its a nice place to work but they have very high call volume in the claims department so you are on the phone ALL day. The pay and benefits are good.
Solid Company
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYMay 19, 2015
Strong, positive work environment.Very supportive and love to promote from within. But!...can be very stressful and intense at times.
Great work, claims was just not for me
Liability and Personal Injury Protection Adjuster (Former Employee), Renton, WAMay 19, 2015
I loved the company and the people! Claims just was not for me. I ended up leaving and everyone was very positive and supportive of my decision.
Overall, a very stressful life.
Customer Service agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TxMay 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Problem with this company is their management. not being educated on how to do your job after 9 months of trying to educate yourself is very stressful. It was an easy job if you are told by someone who doesnt have a clue, but has been the most stressful job. Taking phone calls, is the easy part. Dealing with rude and mean people, with a horrible management team is what kills you.
A company that truly cares.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Getzville, New YorkMay 18, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, Profit Sharing.
Cons: still trying to find one...
Wanna work for a company that truly values you?
Where management has no doors?
Where they make a REAL effort to help you personally and financially?

Then look no further.

I work for about a year for this company and the treatment was amazing, management was respectful and proactive and very attentive and there was never a boring day coming in to work.

Ive never had any company put forth such and effort to keep me than this one and for that reason alone they won me over and i wouldn't hesitate to come back to work for them because of the amazing people first culture.
Okay work environment
LICENSED INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2015
Hard to balance work and home life with the scheduling/required weekends. On the plus side, it does stay busy and the days go by rather quickly. On-site training is definitely top notch if you have never had insurance and/or sales experience.
Productive and Fun place to work
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Getzville, NYMay 17, 2015
• Investigate claims and obtain relevant facts to determine coverage, loss and liability.
• Interact effectively with customers, insurance agents, police, adverse carriers and public personnel involved in the claims process
• Document all claim file activities in an accurate and timely manner
• Resolve claim issues promptly and follow up on any outstanding issues
• Work within specific state regulations
• Deliver on monthly matrixes for monitored and recorded calls, customer service surveys, product selling, and file handling.
• Assist callers by answering and responding to their queries and issues related to certain policies, procedures, laws, contracts and policy information
Great Company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 15, 2015
Great company. 401 wonderful benefits with excellent room for advancement. Flexible work hours. Yearly bonuses based on company profitability.
A great place to start a career.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: healthcare, fair environment
Cons: poor starting salary
GEICO is a great place to start a career for someone who has just left college or is currently pursuing a degree. The company promotes career growth and leadership development above all else. They expect the best possible results from their associates and over time award those who shine. GEICO is a merit based company. Tenure does not go too far when comes to advancement. If you enjoy the insurance business GEICO can take a person very far.
Great co-works, pay but management only wants particular people
Insurance Service Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 10, 2015
Pros: 45 min lunches, good pay, wonderful facility.
Cons: They only want you a short period of time unless someone up top likes you
Worked at GEICO training was outstanding, people and coworks are wonderful pay is good until you get near your raise time that is when they tell you the behaviors they prescribe to provide excellent customer service is also the same behaviors that will get you pushed out they told me I asked too many questions to a customer trying to save and get the most accurate policy info.
Pretty Good place to work needs management overhaul
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 7, 2015
I made the most of my time with Geico through getting as much insurance training as possible. The training with this company is outstanding.
Fun environment and very team oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Getzville, NYMay 7, 2015
Great challenging job with fun people. Worked as a customer service rep so it really fullfilled my need to help and interact with people.
good work place with substantial amount of work load
Claims attorney (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDMay 7, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: substantial work load
My work day first dealt with reviewing emails and responding to them. Then, I would handle telephone calls seeking settlement authority. Next I would review the police report and medical records of a new file.
Good Job, Bad Management
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 6, 2015
Pros: Work is good and benefits are great
Cons: bad management and company employment policies
I enjoyed my job and duties at Geico however, the experience is ruined by bad and irregular employment practices and policies. Managers are often rude and biased.

1 2 3 4 5

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries