GEICO

GEICO Employer Reviews

Inbound Insurance Sales Calls
Senior Sales Technician/ Sales Coach (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: NO COLD CALLING! AWESOME MANAGEMENT TEAM! TRAINING! You were never going into anything new blindly.
Cons: In the first year a little hard to balance work and home, no vacation until after about 6 months.
Taking inbound calls from potential clients for homeowners insurance. I learned that this was a job that is a career job and should have stuck in there and not followed a higher compensation package. If I have the opportunity to go back I would definitely do it , take the chance to move up with a reputable company and be able to use your knowledge and skills for everyday life decisions on important things like homeowners and auto insurance. The management team there was awesome they did everything they could to help each employee that WANTED to learn advance and grow. If you were comfortable with where you were then they gave you ways of making that comfort ability even more easier so that you would still be up there as far as top compensation with the ones who chose to go into other levels or positions. That you would always succeed at any level.
Team Environment, stressful culture, extremely high call volume and short staffed
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria and gym on site
Cons: No specific adjuster assigned to files
Processing auto claims including determining liability applying state regulations and statutes. Scheduling/rescheduling repair appointments with rentals for insured and claimants. Handling inquiry calls from attorneys, medical providers and customers. Assigning claims for coverage investigations, medical claims and dispute settlements as needed. Creating and maintaining diary to bring claims to closure in a timely manner. I most enjoyed to being able to calm our customers assure them that we are in the situation with them and hearing them say I was able to put their mind at ease. The hardest part of the job to sell the repair program and make follow-up calls when they were restricted due to poor service levels. I learned that in the team environment you are over worked because while I had the integrity to work every file I touched but not everyone on the floor did and so sometimes after my 3 days off my files were not touched and customers were upset.
Great benefits, with good pay, great company to grow with
Internet Support Technician (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Profit Sharing, Cafeteria in facility, as well as a gym, great benefits
Cons: Considering I work a 10 hour shift if would be nice to get an extra 15, but it is nice to have three days off a week with a set schedule.
Internet Support Technician
Good troubleshooting experience with customers on various devices for the Geico website and mobile application. I have learned to heighten my skills in attention to detail, to enhance the customer's experience by being as efficient as possible. Management is great they give you all the coaching and encouragement you need to be your best. They can also be very helpful when it comes to advancement within Geico which really let you know they care about your success. Hardest part of the job is really that each call is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're going to get, however that's what keeps it interesting. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you helped someone make their day just a little bit better by providing excellent customer service, and knowing you helped solve their problem.
Above Averaage
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Attendance and promotion policies
GEICO's benefits are AWESOME! The training provided really sets one apart from others in the customer service field. Not the best place to work if you have school-aged children or health issues.
Stress full
Auto Damage Dispatcher (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: bouns checks once a year
Cons: they are always open
I enjoyed working for Geico even though they had a lot of stress and deadlines that you had to meet. And they couldn't find me a day job since I not able to work nights.
Can be emotionally overwhelming
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), East Amherst, NYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good incentives
Cons: not enough breaks
Took phone calls all night long and customers many time would yell about bills they did not pay. Although the pay is good it was not worth the emotional abuse
ok for a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Poway, CAMarch 19, 2015
supervisors are great pay is great but policy and procedures are lacking logic. promotions are withheld if survey numbers are not met even if surveys are not about the particular agent the survey comes in under.
geico
SALES SENIOR ADVISOR (Former Employee), lakelandMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benifits and compensation
Cons: sales is a hamster wheel at times.
The entire day is on the phones. I earned a lot about insurance and its importance along with sales techniques. Management does a horrible job of listening and implementing things. Coworkers are really easy to get along with the most part. Hardest part of the day is being on the phone non stop and being expected to skip your breaks to take more calls. most enjoyable part of working there is compensation and benefits.
run a mail inserter
Document specialist (Former Employee), fredericksburg vaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great people
I ran a mail inserter for 13 hrs over night had to make sure I hit my numbers at the end of every night processed a lot of mail pay was pretty good and the benefits we really good
It's definitely a call center.
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Poway, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: compensation, paid training, full benefits
Cons: "low cost provider" means that they cut corners everywhere, including staff.
Relentless call volume. Uninformed management and supervisors. Conflicting metrics and expectations. The pay is very appealing but the work environment and coworkers aren't worth it.
Great Food
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 16, 2015
A Great Job to have, I met allot of New people through that job and I loved the raises.The staff and executives were really easy to get along with. I loved the free or discounted food I would Get.
Fast paced rewarding career
Licensed Insurance Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), TexasMarch 12, 2015
This job is in a call center environment that works fast paced, but is rewarding and has a lot of opportunity for advancement in the Insurance field. The training program was amazing, the staff are all very nice and easy to work with.
Great money, not so great job
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: too much stress and they make you say things to customers that you are uncomfortable saying.
Working in a heavy call center selling GEICO auto insurance. Constant influx of calls that never stop, speaking to numerous people from all over the US trying to persuade them into buying insurance even if the price was too high. The company has great compensation but the stress that comes with the job is not worth it.
Poisonous Corporate Environment with little support for employees
Peer Coach/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: short break time, not enough employee support, have to fight for time off work even though vacation hours are not the books, poor and poisonous work environment.
Geico sells themselves to you very well and at first, comes across as the only job you'll ever want to have. Once in the doors you start to realize that it's very political, unethical promotions for those individuals that upper management has already hand picked to move up, even though they advertise it's only numbers and merit based, which is only slightly true.
Taking incoming calls to assist customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 10, 2015
A typical work day consist of taking about 60 calls per day assisting customers. There is great room for advancement, and the benefits are excellent. They are open 24/7 so you may work holidays and weekends. Call volume is usually high so there's not a lot of time to socialize and get to know the people you work with. There are a lot of incentives, contest, goodie tables, and events to make the work day fun.
Fun work enviroment
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee), Getsville, NYMarch 9, 2015
There was a lot to do since it is an insurance company.
Great people work there and made it a good place to work.
You would spend most of the day on the phones taking inbound calls from potential customers and current customers.
Decent Pay
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
They pay their employees a lot to deal with their shenanigans. They have micromanaging and overbearing management. Every second of every day is monitored.
Meeting New People
Total Loss Specialist (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: management
GEICO is a large company with several people working there meeting new people to network is always a positive.
A typical day was hectic and a lot needed to be done. My co workers were amazing people to be around and always made a bad day better.
A good company great benifits
Insurance Specialist - Billing Agent (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 7, 2015
The company puts you through a long training process to prepare you for the phone environment. A good place to work. Lots of food days . Management was willing to help you meet floor goals.
great career choice
Customer Service/ Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Poway, CAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, stability
Cons: micromanagement
geico is a great employeer. They offer great benefits and pay. Also allows plenty of room for growth and moving up with in the company

1 2 3 4 5

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries