GEICO

GEICO Employee Reviews

The longer you're here, the worse it gets
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2015
I started here because they offered excellent pay for my experience level. They pay for licensing, maintenance of licenses, and pay for training as well.

A typical day involves back-to-back calls, 90% of which are angry and/or racist people who just want to hear that you'll save them money (even when they have recent violations including my personal favorite: "driving on the sidewalk"). Be prepared to have absolutely no options available to reduce premiums, and steel yourself because the customer will not hesitate to scream at you for something you cannot control.

My co-workers are overall great people. I've made some really good friends working at GEICO, though we tend to bond over how much we dislike our jobs.

Management is a tricky subject. It is extremely difficult to advance from one position to the next, as missing a single metric by even .01% can cause you to lose out on a promotion or raise. The company says they promote from within, but during my two and a half years at GEICO, I've only seen one person go from agent to supervisor, versus the six outside hires into a supervisory role. This leads to supervisors who are not prepared to assist agents, making it even more difficult to advance.

For example: you may have a question to which you cannot locate the answer, so you ask a supervisor, who also cannot locate the answer, meaning you put the customer on hold while your supervisor asks another supervisor, all of which results in your average call time skyrocketing, causing you to miss out on the pay grade increase you'd been aiming for over the last three months.

If you can handle all of the above, you'd be an excellent fit for GEICO. Personally, I logged into Indeed today to look for another job, as I simply cannot handle another day in that office.
Productive workplace! Great learning Experience!
Service Representative (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 27, 2015
I learned a lot about customer service and staying solution focused. I am able to use my customer service experience with my current employer.
Great compensation but very demanding managers
Licensed Auto Damage Adjustor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 27, 2015
Pros: company car, and paid for gas
Cons: No work/life balance
Good company that takes care of employees through great compensation and benefits. Unfortunately there is no work life balance.
Hard work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Poway, CAAugust 24, 2015
Lots of sitting, dealing with angry customers and very strict requirements. The management team is pretty helpful but the customers can get on your nerves and determine whether you get a raise or not which is pretty tough to deal with. Most enjoyable part of the job is being with your fellow agents.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Macon AAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Pay good, fun, upbeat atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, time consuming
Fun place to work and has many career advancement opportunities. Most enjoyable part about the job is making people excited and happy about being apart of a company that has been around for over 75 years.
Wonderful environment
CSR (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2015
Pros: management, work flow, hours
Cons: not understanding about your future goals and low pay
Great office environment to work in. Medium to fast pace. Easy CSR work. Management was wonderful to work with. Great hours.
Great place to work.
Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Coralville, IAAugust 22, 2015
Great place to develop your skills in sales and management. High paced work environment pushes you to extreme sometimes.
Outstanding compensation for a call center with great company benefits. Company has a strong belief in promoting from within.
Great benefits, poor management
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Macon, GAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Constant change in management
The benefits and pay are wonderful. Management, however is poor. Management is constantly changing so it is difficult to adapt each time management changes. The only constant at GEICO is that nothing stays the same. Procedures are constantly changing because of the change in management. None of the supervision is ever on the same page, so it seems like nobody gives the associates a straight answer.
good place to work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Getzville, NYAugust 21, 2015
sets the bar high for employees to achieve success. Meets and exceeds requirements of policyholders. Many perks to working here.
what i learn working at Geico
Imaging Technician (Former Employee), fredericksburg, vaAugust 21, 2015
Pros: was our profit sharing day Geico always made sure we were all happy associates
Cons: was short lunch breaks
my typical work day consist of scanning in documents and sorting the work and then prepping them for the medical bills to be scanned
I have trained associates on the scanner,
my co-workers we all got along
what I learned at my job was scanning, prepping and sorting all types of bills
the enjoyable part was we had a tip time and the changellage was to make that tip time and that I succeed in doing
FUN PLACE
Financial Responsibility Coordinator (Current Employee), Macon, GAAugust 21, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, FUN, COMPENSATES WELL, FAMILY ORIENTED, CUSTOMER FOCUSED, CAN EARN A BONUS MONTHLY, WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT.
Great and Exciting Pace Job
Billing Agent (Current Employee), Macon, GAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Great pay, Advancement
Cons: n/a
I have been at Geico for almost a year now and I love the fact that I get to solve problems and work with a team of workers that are actually a team. That is the best part of my job!!
Stale, Conservative, and Generally Lackluster
Communications (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Job Security, Stability
Cons: Top-Down Mentality, Very Little Advancement, Horrible Pay/Benefits
The horrendous, 80s-style cubes are surrounded by a horrendous, 50s-style building. Some managers are great, others come from the regions and are in no way attuned to their workforce. Advancement only occurs based on tenure, NOT qualifications, and pay is 20-50% below industry standards. Vacation is the minimum allowed by law, and this company in general does not support its employees.

Job security is incredible, but otherwise, this is a tough place to work at.
High expectations and low compensation
Senior SIU Investigator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Health benifits
Cons: Workload and pay.
Working in the SIU department you are expected to work 7 days a week without getting OT pay. You work on average 55-60 hours a week and get paid for 37.75 Hours. The expectations of finishing an investigation are unreal and impossible to accomplish due to the workload. the average is 35 to 40 files per month which they expect to be completed in under 14 days each. When you explain that a complete investigation can not always be completed in 14 days or less you are threatened with termination if you can't keep up. when I started with the company there was a good team of investigators in my area however as the management changed the employees left and were not replaced but the workload did not decrease for the team. There are 4 investigators handling the work of 7 at this point with no plan to replace the 3 missing slots anytime in the near future
amazing place to work with great people!
Licensed Homeowners Sales Agent (Former Employee), Virginia BeachAugust 14, 2015
Pros: benifits, working with a team
Geico became my home. I loved going into work each day and setting goals with my team and reaching them in a friendly competition.
insurance and claims
Claim Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2015
Pros: job security and formal training
Cons: commute was too far
In enjoyed my introduction into insurance working at GEICO. The drive was too much so I had to move on to a company that had a closer commute. This was a great company to work for. The company had a positive energy.
Superior training and development team
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Woodbury NYAugust 11, 2015
Overall GEICO is a great company to work for. There is an excellent training and developmentg system in all departments. I appreciate my tenure there and have met wonderful people along the way.
Great benifits and Good people
call representive (Former Employee), indianapolis indianaAugust 10, 2015
Pros: great inenvironment
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would consist of going to my office and logging in and starting my training . Training was realistic and allowed me to be prepared for the assignment . At Gieco I received an ordeal amount of information about customer service .
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Macon, GAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Great pay, benefits
Cons: Micromanaged, Too many numbers and stats, Always coming out with something new to do
A typical day consists of answering telephones all day. It can take a toll on you both physically and mentally. Lots of micromanagement as well.
Productive enjoyable helpful
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 6, 2015
My typical day is taking calls from policy holders who needs service. Once I communicate with the policy holder, I would put them on hold to find a provider that would be able to help the policy holder. After finding a provider, I would let the policy holder know what provider and how long the provider would be. I learned that a lot of people didn't know where they were. I would have to try to gather more information about their surroundings. I like management because they sympathized with us when we would have a lot of calls for a day. Management would buy us lunch and offer a little time off of the phone when they saw that it was getting hectic. I enjoyed my co-workers. We worked as a team. When something was going on with one of us, we worked together to help that person out. The hardest part of the job was trying to locate a policy holder in distress and they nor me knew where they were. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we got together as a team and did lunch or dinner. Being around co-workers that cared meant a lot to me.
Headquarters
GEICO on Instagram
GEICO on Pinterest
Check out the GEICO Blog
Follow GEICO on LinkedIn
Check out this month's edition of GEICO Careers Now!

Twitter