GEICO

GEICO United States Employee Reviews

Growing company
supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
There are advancement ops and great great co-workers. The office has major parking issues and elevator issues. There is not a lot of work space.
stay away
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, vaApril 12, 2015
Pros: benefit medical
Cons: everything else.
They make it seem like its the best place to work but its not. My day is stressful constant negativity being told everything you do wrong. Its very easy to miss a call if they feel you don't say what they think you should. Your a number that's it mainly because your numbers effect the supervisor numbers and that's what matters. They say there is growth opportunity but with their unrealistic dependability rating and call metric rating its in impossible. I was in a class of 17 there are 8 of us left including two agents that transfered with in the company. They are not family friendly so if you have kids beware its near impossible to spend time with them let alone get time off if they are sick which count against your dependability. Once your dependability reaches below a 96% you get a warning and no raise.if you miss further days after that termination is next. If you are back late from breaks or lunches this counts against your deoendibility as well so its not hard to get to 96%. An email will be sent out daily to the entire team with your name highlighted in red if you are late which is unacceptable to me no one needs to know that. An email daily will also be sent out to the entire team with everyone stats and scores if you are meeting a goal you get highlighted in green where as the rest of the people that aren't are highlighted in red this is their way of "motivating" you. I think its disrespectful and inappropriate. So stay away its more stress than its worth and not worth the money you don't get paid enough to get yelled at all day by angry customers. This is why their turnover rate is 38%.
Fun and rewarding workplace
Total Loss Specialist (Current Employee), Macon, GAApril 10, 2015
this is a great place to work. geico has many advancement opportunities and the job is exactly what you make of it. they really care about the employes
Nightmare place to work
Paralegal (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVApril 9, 2015
You do not want to work here. Place will put white hair on your head in 24 hours. Way under staffed, and place needs new management.
Keeps you working hard
Claims Service Rep (Current Employee), Macon, GAApril 9, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: dependability
Geico is a great place to work, they try to be fair about everything but it does not always happen. They are not understanding when you miss a day of work. The management has their ups and downs but they are overall very nice. I enjoy helping out all of the customers to make sure they get the best service possible with their claims.
Good work environment, but desperately needs changes to employee rating system
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Yearly profit-share bonus, great benefits
Cons: Short breaks, constantly busy, and flawed employee rating system
Work is constant, but the company is generally good about giving the tools needed to succeed. The employee rating system does not factor in the large number of variables encountered in the always-changing insurance industry.
Productive and Fun work place
Sr.Net Developer (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: health care
Good Day to Start
Learned a lot
Good Management
Co-Workers helped me a lot
Starting Day is Hardest Part of my job
Through out my project i enjoyed my job
office associate
Customer Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 8, 2015
Cons: didnt like health care
Reconciled Drawers with accuracy and efficiency, counted safe, operated cash register, answered telephones, trained new employees, greeted and interacted with customers in a positive manner and completed closing duties as required by management team.
Stable work environment with great benefits
Member of Management (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYApril 8, 2015
A typical day includes coaching and developing my team.

Since starting with GEICO I learned about the insurance industry, how to manage a large team, develop best practices, importance of a strong networking, performance management and most importantly the importance of driving to be the best.
Fun job if you want no life and want to work for free while risk getting fired.
Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2015
Expect 16 hours of work per day, but only will pay you for 8. Must just do other work at home for free/unpaid. If you don't take and do the work home and work for free then you are drowning beyond all comprehension. Yet you are also threatened to not do any overtime, yet its the only way to halfway keep up with the overly demanding workload.
Stable but low pay
Senior Systems Technician (Former Employee), Chevy Chase MDApril 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Low pay
The company is stable and you can move around quite a bit within. The pay is not so great. Great place to get started with an IT career in my opinion. Management is very unstable though. They change around a lot and put people in places they do not know anything about.
Plenty opportunity for promotions & great training.
Litigation Examiner (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2015
Fast-paced, lots of work, challenging, great training program and plenty of promotion opportunities.Great benefits, stable and profitable company.
gerat place to work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Macon, GAApril 6, 2015
enjoyed for for the complex ,,
PM was a straight B
but the residence were great
hardest part of the job evicting the residence
Geico
Military Service Representative (Former Employee), VA BEACH, VA 23435April 6, 2015
Pros: overtime, and bonus
Cons: goals, shifts, and benefits
Insurance salesmen the job was not hard for many it was stressful and stagnant. A typical day at work consisted of 100 calls per day overtime, and angry customers. I learned about the ins and or outs of insurance for auto and or property. Morale for my coworkers was low. retaining customers was hard because we were not willing to work with our tenured customer to maintain their business. Was working in the military department.
GEICO GREAT JOB
Accident Tow Dispatcher (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 6, 2015
Geico was an great job with job security & wonderful benefits, The management & supervisors were very professional & family oriented.
Cares for its employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay, Flexibility, Hours
Cons: Location, City medical selection
GEICO is a fair work environment where I get in bound calls and convince individuals as to why they called GEICO as for better service, payments, and longevity in their insurance needs. My skills in customer interaction became even more impeccable as to become more tactful to meet the customers needs, while implementing my employers desires and my own personality to better facilitate the customers transition and experience to our company. I have taken what was asked of me and been able to move up in grade levels quickly. My ability to encourage my coworkers and effectively work with others has put me in a position of leadership and have even been asked to train new recruits. My only difficulty in the job was my health which they helped come alongside me with understanding and flexibility as to help get me better. Considering my health, part of the difficulty was finding good doctors in Lakeland for what I have, alongside having my family in Orlando with better access to better doctors is difficult. Despite that part, my Management like me and know they get quality work from me despite this difficulty and if ever any setbacks they know that I have and will do what is necessary to give that same quality service. Learning more on my trade as well as partnering with my management to better myself and others, has been a major highlight to my success and future career(s) moving forward.
Transcriptionist/Word Processor.
Transcriptionist/Word Processor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 5, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable
Eight hours a day. Improved grammar, punctuation and spelling. Manager had back problem and was difficult to get along with (often rude). Co-workers were good. No real hard part about job. Most enjoyable part - I love working with words.
awfulllll
Customer service representative (Former Employee), fredricksburg, VAApril 5, 2015
hated this place stay far away your just a number to them awful job
don't care about famalies and have unrealistic expectataions
work work work
Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and great benefits
Cons: Lots of hours off the clock and stress.
It could be a good job, but the workload is just crazy. The company has a rating system that basically forces you to work overtime without putting it on your timecard. You are free to log the OT but then your "productivity" numbers will tank and you will start to have fears of losing your job. Management likes to play everyone against eachother. Essentially saying "hey everyone else can do this why can't you". But then when you finally see some of your coworkers(which is very infrequent) you basically figure out that they are being told the same thing. It's funny because if the company would just spend the money to hire a few people to handle some of the administrative aspects of total loss paperwork and monitoring rental reservations the workload would become realistic. But just like every other corporation they are trying to squeeze dimes out of nickels. Oh and while you are trying to function in the midst of this tornado you are expected to get all 10's on any customer service survey. In the end everyone that stays in this job for any amount of time just goes into survival mode. But the pay is decent and there are great benefits. If you are single and don't require work/life balance it could be a great opportunity.
Geico
File Clerk (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYApril 3, 2015
Pros: Profit Sharing, Benefits
Geico is an well running company that i have had a pleasure working for. The people there are great hard workers for the company. I have learned much from the computer programs i use on a daily bases. A typical day at work would be pulling files that need to be closed out, making boxes and occasionally training new people to learning abut archive. The hardest part would be dealing with attorneys who need files from Tower Oaks which is our ware house and pulling those files back if found. The most enjoyable part of my job is the work and the people i work with.

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries