GEICO

GEICO Employer Reviews

Productive and intense environment
Senior Insurance Claim Adjuster (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: satifaction of helping others
Cons: sometimes the sadness of customers
Everyday was different than the last. I learned more of myself in handling difficult people and situations. Management has a tough job to do. My co-workers were fun and everyone helped everyone out. Sometimes the toughest part of the job is knowing your encounter with someone is on the worst day of their lives. The enjoyable times are knowing you can also help people in their times of hardship.
FUN WORKPLACE
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: no cons
I love the job! Its very enjoyable and has great policies and procedures. It's a company that value it's employees. It also has great pay and benefits.
Great room foro advancement
Anakyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Depending on where you start there is a lot of room for movement. Salary raises are often but in very small amounts. You have to meet tough goals if you work in the call centers. Have to have a sales attitude.
Operations
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Manage the daily task of filing, mail, office duties, while training new employees. Daily communication with sales and customer service.
GEICO
Accident Tow Representative (Former Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: stress
GEICO pays well and you have wonderful benefits, but the overall work is hard and can be difficult. The stress level is unbelievable hard and burn out is normal.
Job Security and Company Stability
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: company stability
Cons: salary
Excellent training of associates to create versatile associates for multiple areas in claims.You are valued more having started in the lower levels of the company & working your way up.
Great learning experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYFebruary 8, 2015
My job requirements at Geico, was to assist customers with their policies. I would preform tasks such as taking payments, adding/replacing/deleting vehicles and drivers. I also would update information and send out documentation upon the customers request.
Fun place to be where it was very family oriented environment
Sales/Underwriting Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: a lot of investment in training the managers
Cons: high turnover in certain departments
GEICO is a good company and is very employee focused. Employees have been there for a long time. Management is also understanding.
Great benefits
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: micromanaged
Great place to work if you like a call center environment. The benefits are wonderful. I made a lot of new friends. They trained me to get my insurance license.
When it comes to performance expectations/ratings # 1
Sales/underwriting/service counselor (Current Employee), NYFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: highest standards and/of/or expectations of performance
Cons: geico creates far too many highly qualified individuals. with a performance base cultutre, promotions are decided on the slightest of margins
There is not much to be said about Geico which is not positive. With a 97% performance expectation, Geico's culture of excellence is 2nd to none. Geico has not failed me rather, they have inspired me to bigger and greater things
An amazing company
Professional Insurance Counselor (Former Employee), Amherst, NYFebruary 2, 2015
The opportunities are endless, the environment is supportive and fun and the level of expectation only provokes the best of its employees
Great Company
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Marlton, NJFebruary 1, 2015
Great Company to work for. Lot's of opportunity for advancement. Well-centered teaching environment which provides training to build career skills.
Good Place
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Good place to work good benefits salaries are fair for the area. But make sure you are ready for the cubical life. That is all I have to say I have to fill more words.
Many pro's, many con's
Customer Service/Sales III (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: no benefits to tenure
Lots of chances to move around the country and up in the organization. Customer service requires lots of patience in dealing with irate customers.
Good Job
Insurance Agent - Customer Service Dept (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Great company to work if your looking for job stability and growth. Although management can be very difficult to work for my supervisors & fellow coworkers were a pleasure to work with. Company benefits & starting salary was good.
Only work here if you're motivated
Military Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches when available, paid vacation and sick leave, great pay
Cons: too short of a lunch, short breaks for the time you are working
Great place to work at but if you screw up you better be sure that you will be left in the dark without a job. Hard to advance if you are not extremely motivated. management is awesome always willing to help at most times. the job is hard.
Great place to work and you learn so much about car insurance
Glass Claims Representative (Former Employee), Macon GeorgiaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: goodie tables, great pay and benefits!!
I worked the call center and would take about 100 calls per day. filing glass claims, I really enjoyed working here! the management is wonderful and your co workers are amazing! the hardest part of the job is not taking the callers angry personal.
Not a good place to work
Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: employees, supervisors, pay
Cons: management
I met some of the nicest employees and supervisors I have ever worked with at GEICO, but the Management Staff is very hands off and although GEICO is very informative with requirements, does not give you any kind of time frame for those requirements and before letting you go. They are really very unorganized in regards to training as not only will each person tell you something different, but the trainers will argue regarding which one is correct. Training there should be a little more organized and understandable.
n/a
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 25, 2015
If you are willing to stay in a company for a long time GEICO is the best place to work. They have great benefits.
Great company to work for, if you're willing to relocate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, schedules, paid vacation
Cons: work-life balance, lack of advancement in specific office
GEICO is a great company to work for...if you're willing to relocate. There are 10 regional offices in the country, Buffalo being one of them. Now, the benefits are fabulous, my coworkers are great, my management team is dependable, and my shift lends itself for a healthy work-life balance*. However, there are over 2,500 people in the Buffalo office and very few people are willing to leave Buffalo to work for GEICO in a different office, which doesn't open up a lot of advancement opportunities in our office. Buffalo's cost of living is so low and the pay at GEICO is great; it's hard to leave this area for an area that's more expensive and it's hard to leave family and friends. I get it. I would be willing to relocate if my husband wasn't set on staying in Buffalo. There are advancement opportunities; you just have to be more willing to move than the other person.

*I work a day shift, so it leaves time to actually have dinner, go to the gym, watch a movie, have a happy hour with friends and coworkers etc.. However, at the end of the day, our office is a call center. There are many metrics on which we are graded and some of them are "out of the box." It makes it difficult to gauge where you'll be each day in the rankings when you walk into work so sometimes, you stress out about your "numbers" at home. That isn't healthy. It's a high-stress environment for the wrong reasons sometimes.

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries