GEICO Employee Reviews

Found 1,010 reviews matching the search
Great career advancement opportunities
Professional Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXNovember 30, 2015
Great company with great employees. Excellent compensation and benefits package. The management team can be hard on goals but only select the best people to work here so it is understandable.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATION (Current Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 29, 2015
Management is there to help you and want to see you succeed. It is a busy place but people around you make it fun. You can grow with the company. You get a lot of training. Sometimes there are upset customers and other are really friendly, have a positive attitude.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
Open 24 hours.
fast paced very productive
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2015
this is a high call volume customer service center. we handle a large volume of calls on a daily basis, we are required to answer phones and assist customers with their needs and make an necessary steps to complete their claims or concerns. I have learned a lot over the last 7 years with GEICO. There has to be a lot of patience understanding for the customers and their concerns. Our management team was one of the best. They were always there to assist if their were any issues, if there were any changes they made sure you fully understood what those changes were and how they would effect the customer service. My co workers are like my family they make every day enjoyable and are always willing to lend a hand. There wasnt really anything hard about my job once you get the hang of it like any other job. I enjoyed going to work every day to help customers out with their claims. I always go above and beyond to help the customer to reslove their issues so they didnt have to call back. I would utilize all my tools that were supplied to me by GEICO to help me resolve claims and any issues.
Pros
great benefits and great people
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 22, 2015
Fast-paced call center environment with supportive management and an extensive training so agents are prepared when they go on the service floor. The trainers and coaches were very helpful and the managers and supervisors put a lot of effort into the agents so they can make sure we are successful in the company. My co-workers are all extremely supportive and and we learn from one another every day different methods to our customer interactions. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning intricate details about insurance that I would have never known before. I find it very interesting to learn all of the methods and psychology behind customer service interaction as well.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent management and co workers, fun environment, fast-paced
Cons
disgruntled customers, attached to a headset for bulk of the day, stressful
Cubicle style office setting with goal focused management
Service Representative IV (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 21, 2015
GEICO is an excellent place to work as far as monetary compensation and benefits. They are well above what other companies in the area are able to offer for similar positions in most cases. However, the job is very stressful, and along with any increase in salary and promotions comes steeply increased goals in which simple errors or mistakes can cause deep impacts to your "monthly rating". Its very easy to get stuck in a rut and let the stress of the position and department goals get to you. If you can overcome this - GEICO is an excellent place to work.
Pros
Cafeteria, Starbucks, Gym in office. Excellent benefits/pay structure. Room for advancement.
Cons
Upper management has a major focus on goals and tends to forget that workers are "people", Parking issues
Data Mining
SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 19, 2015
Using SAS to mine data for analysis to create reports was a lot of fun. Creating metrics to analyze system performance and make sure everything was running smoothly was challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low Pay
great job security, nice pay, and excellent benefits
legal secretary (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 19, 2015
The benefits and profit sharing bonus is excellent. Very laid back work environment at our office, though i hear the claims office is very stressful! The bad: you work federal holidays and do not get holiday pay, however, you do get floating holidays...
Pros
benefits, pay, growth potential, profit sharing
Cons
half hour lunch, would prefer to have federal holidays off
Great company but nature of the job not great
claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 17, 2015
The company offers many opportunities for career development.
Working in claims though can be overwhelming and boring. It is not the type of job for everybody. The setting for most of the jobs in all three departments (sales, service, claims), is call center.
If you like being in a call center, this job is perfect.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 17, 2015
GEICO is pretty much the perfect job. I only left because I realized that a call center just was not for me. But the pay is great, the people you with, and for, are awesome, and the benefits are wonderful.
n/a
Team Project Coordinator / Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 17, 2015
Good long term career company with strong benefits in medical and good 401k plan. Overall a good company to build career in insurance.
Closed Minded
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  not applicableNovember 17, 2015
They won't hire you if you have a tattoo. It's 2015. Wake up. I cancelled my insurance with them too. They have a stupid green gecko as their mascot, obviously because their creativity is lacking because they won't hire anyone who doesn't fit into their perfectly square peg.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDNovember 16, 2015
I am so happy working with geico. Work environment is excellent. I have learned how to work under extensive stress and how to over come it. in my past experience this project team was the best team member friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is the extremely tight deadline. And most enjoyable part was working with such a nice team.
i got fired because of my disability
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2015
I did enjoy working there, but they laid me off because right after i had a seizure. i do take medication for it. I know it was wrong of them to lay me off because of my disability. I should have reported it to the Department of Labor.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Got laid off because of my disabaily
Excellent work environment and challenging opportunities
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 13, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Geico. It offered an excellent work environment, opportunity for growth and education. The staff was supportive and created an ambitious sales environment.
Teamwork was important and rewards for hardwork were compensated
Reissue Specialist, Auto Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 12, 2015
Help was always available and the work environment was very high paced and challenging which made for a lot of knowledge and experience in the insurance field.
Pros
advancement, environment
Cons
working with 14 state licenses caused a lot of challenging calls
The most enjoyable part of the job was....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 9, 2015
What i most enjoyed at Geico Insurance was to sell Auto and Home policies and the customer service I give to my customers, Processing the payments inputting data in the computer, multitasking.
Great Company
Licensed Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 9, 2015
Geico is a great company to work for. The benefits are amazing and management is the best. The bad part is that it is a call center and you have to be on the phone all day.
It is a fun place to work
Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2015
Can be cheotic at times but for the most part it is not a bad place to be. The company does care for its employees. Great benefits and definitely a room for growth bot, personally and professionally.
easy advancement
Classification Clerk (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 9, 2015
It's very easy to move up in the company. I have received a countless amount of raises due to my hard work. The Ceo cares dearly about employees.
Fantastic place to work, good learning experiences
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 8, 2015
Geico is a fantastic place to work. The management team is superb in their constant feedback and coaching. There are so many opportunities to advance based on your own merit. The only downside can be your schedule depending on when you work. I have learned a lot about great customer service while answering 60 calls or more in a day.
Pros
Consistent feedback, extensive training, merit-based
Cons
Schedule