GEICO

GEICO Employer Reviews

A productive workplace with great co-workers.
Service Recovery Representative (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: job discounts
Cons: high job stress
Retention of clients who are not satisfied with the current services that have been provided by GEICO. I initiate call outs to these individuals. We have a discussion of the issue or problem and we work towards a solution to insure customer satisfaction. I have learned to be patient with the customer. Management provides the tools to complete the job and always stress the use of your resources. My co-workers are the best to work with. The most difficult part of the job is telling the customer no. The mos enjoyably part of the job is having a satisfied client in the end,
very easy and fun job that paid well
Caregiver/Med Aide (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 20, 2015
I worked as a caregiver for almost a year and loved it. I was giving care to a family member and Geico was paying me though their insurance.A typical day at work would be like what its like to have a typical day at home because most of the work is household duties.
Very good company to work for
Insurance Agent III (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 19, 2015
stressful but rewarding, hardest part was meeting goals that were set high but there was a definitely a reason for doing so. I enjoyed knowing that I was helping the public. I learned patience and understanding and how to handle business in a timely manner because it was a call center.
Detailed Oriented
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Primarily on the phone the duration of the day insurance is an ever changing industry so supervisors were very good about keeping you updated on changes. Excellent training department and always provide feedback. It can be a high stress level job it all depends on how you handle it.
good company to work for
Insurance Agent Geico (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Very busy place to works hrs cac be undesireable in some departments. the company has good benefits and insurance.
Learned a lot everyday.
Supervisory Program (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJanuary 18, 2015
Given the opportunity to learn how to coach/supervise after just a short time working. Very stable job.
Fast paced, fun enviroment
Claims Adjustor (Current Employee), GeorgiaJanuary 16, 2015
Able to interact with customers, provide the best customer service, be able to multitask, able to take direction, and prepare all orders as requested.
Direct Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: doesn't really care for employees.
Management only cares about numbers or how many sales you make a day. They don't care for personal problems at home or maternal care. My co-workers are great and very easy to get along with. They help alot giving great advice in making sales and so on. The hardest part of the job is staying motivated after realizing that supervisors and management only care for themselves and numbers for the company.
Cons: doesn't really care for employees.
Work hard and get rewarded
Telephone Claims Rep (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 14, 2015
If you are willing to give this job you effort, it is enjoyable and rewarding.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 14, 2015
To start off a typical day i'd come in the workplace and go to the front desk and clock in for my shift. My job was to answer the phones and take payments for any walk-in customers. The most enjoyable part of the shift is meeting new people everyday and making the the people feel welcome. The hardest part of the job was not being able to actually sell the insurance being that I was so good at talking to the customers and getting them to want the insurance. My co-workers were amazing, when I first started working there they were such a great help at training me. Working at Geico taught me so much as far as educating people on car insurance and making people feel comfortable while waiting to talk to the next available agent.
Fast-past energetic workplace
Licensed Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 14, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for Geico, benefits were great and management was always available to help. Not only did they train me from the ground up. they offer incentives for employees who continue to work on their education. Education is extremely important to all at Geico as it opens doors to more opportunities to grow within the company.
Secure Employment/Significant Competition
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Working in a big office will provide lots of opportunities but that number is incredibly small compared to the number of people applying for each position.
Very welcoming people with lots of growth opportunities.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Coralville, IAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: fun days
Cons: everyday work on the phones can be stressful.
Customer service at GEICO involves talking to policy holders and assist them with everyday insurance needs. Learning is an everyday thing with changes in the insurance industry and so much information to take in. The people at GEICO are amazing, helpful, and fun to work with. Management at GEICO are in your corner every step of the way. The hardest part about working at GEICO is the schedule is not always flexible but management will definitely work with you. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with co-workers.
Good benefits and extensive training
Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2015
There is a great amount of training to get you the core basics of what you need to know to be an auto damage adjuster, but the technical application of how it is to be applied in the field and the programs needed to carry out your daily functions is not given enough attention and what you do learn comes at the end of an exhausting two months of in depth initial training.
ok for a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 8, 2015
they are great to their employees and provide great benefits and advancement opportunities. I quickly found out however, that I am not the type of person that can handle working in a call center. I love being able to be up and moving around and interacting with people, not stuck in a cubical all day. overall the people and the management were great. I made some amazing friends and learned a lot of skills I can take with me.

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more