GEICO

GEICO Employee Reviews

i love geico
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), knoxville tnJune 17, 2015
I enjoyed working for Geico it was a great company to work for I wish I could have stayed. I learned more about insurance policy I really enjoyed my co-workers.
Great benefits
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJune 16, 2015
Overall, Geico is a good place to work for. The compensation and benefits are much better than most companies. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant changes within departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Call Center Environment
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria on site- Good Benefits
Cons: Sedentary Job, Performance Based
Typical day starts by signing into your phone and making yourself ready to take incoming phone calls. I learned a lot about auto insurance and auto insurance claims; as well as, maintenance and auto mechanics.
Excellent employer that provides it's people with many avenues of advancement.
Home Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJune 15, 2015
GEICO is a company that expects a lot from its people but in return offers them a secure position with good benefits, fair compensation and the chance for easy advancement. You get what you put in but considering this was a job that I planned on staying with for a year or two and its now going on ten, can't be all that bad.
Not what it is cracked up to be
Dispatcher I (Current Employee), Macon, GAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Money, Advancements
Cons: Stress, Loss of personal/ family time
Geico is stressful in some departments compared to others departments out there...

The "HR" department there is horrible, a person can be halfway dead and they will still count days against you.

They do have advancement options throughout the company but sometimes you end up dealing with politics instead of being advanced by your work and numbers.
Great company to work for
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Poway, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: short lunches
I have never had a problem working within GEICO. I particularly enjoyed the San Diego office. AS long as you are willing to work, they are willing to pay you and have no problems with recognizing you when you excel at your job. They are all about internal promotion.
Productive and fun workplace; Great people!
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great people, Good benefits and a wide variety of dining options.
Cons: Workload can be overwhelming at times.
GEICO is a great place to work. The promotional opportunities are endless as long as your willing to put the work in. Management has experience! In order to move up you have to have done the job, this is extremely important to me because you know your Supervisor has actually been in your shoes.
claims representative - lakeland, fl
TCR 1 - Medical Claims Specialist 1 (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Micromanaging and unreasonable workload
Micromanaging. They have people quit so much due to the unreasonable workload. Then the people that stay get all the work from all the employees that quit which are like 200 + files on top of the 300+ files you already have.
pay is great,but needs more caring bosses
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Getzville, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: excellent food, had tons of different events, gave out tons of different things
Cons: no resl help from immediate superviser, and if they did not like you than you really did not get any help
a typical work day was very stress for because you would get back your calls and if they did not meet the requirements, you were not able to go over them until days or weeks later.
Good company though call center work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJune 10, 2015
They go out of their way to train and support you however wherewithal concerning high volume inbound calls is necessary.
less than customer focused more focused on bottom line
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Getzville, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: time off and profit sharing
Cons: unreasonable expectations at times
if you're somebody who just wants to follow a list of rules you'll do fantastic however if you think outside the box and try to provide a really great experience for the customers it can be frowned upon
very chaclleing, great benefits, great place to had worked for
SR Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee), new jerseyJune 8, 2015
manage appointment, negotiagateing with repairs to shops and owners, estimating, problem solving, good people worked with and boss, and I loved the traveling
Great company to work for
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 8, 2015
GEICO is a large company with great benefits and room for advancement. Coworkers and management are great, it's like a family away from home. Hiring process can be difficult but manageable and overall pretty fast. Call volume can be stressful at times.
Times are changing
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYJune 6, 2015
Pros: compensation, co-workers
Cons: short lunches, unsupportive management
Starting at geico was an amazing time but over the years I have been here the job culture and work/life balance has significantly gone downhill. There are still a lot of enjoyable things about the job like benefits, compensation, job security, and co-workers but if you are looking for a stable 9-5 schedule this is not it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Macon, GAJune 5, 2015
I didn't enjoy working here. It was a very negative environment. There was no work/life balance. This company is not for everyone
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYJune 4, 2015
good place to work however the shifts aren't great, i was working a lot of night time shifts. good pay and good co workers.
Lots of stories to share
Systems Technician (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MarylandJune 4, 2015
Pros: Physical location, benefits, vacation
Cons: Favoritism
A typical day as a Systems Technicican consist of taking phone calls through out the day while imaging computers.

I learned how to better manage my time and be a team leader.

My co-workers were the best part of the job.

The hardest part of the job is career advancement.
Excellent working place
Senior Microsoft SQL and SSRS Developer (Current Employee), Chevy Chase, MDJune 3, 2015
A great company that offers good working environment and nice co-workers for employees. Learned a lot and contributed a lot.
Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee), USAJune 3, 2015
I would not recommend to anyone looking for a good working environment. Not everything they are expected to be and will let you down.
Great company! I really enjoy working for them! Awesome managment! AAA+++ Working here was a reward every day due to the people I worked with!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 3, 2015
GEICO on Instagram
GEICO on Pinterest
Check out the GEICO Blog
Follow GEICO on LinkedIn
Check out this month's edition of GEICO Careers Now!

Twitter