GEICO Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,350 reviews matching the search
the most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 20, 2016
Geico is an amazing place to work with so many different benefits for all agents. I love how the have a cafeteria located on site so it makes it more convenient then having to leave somewhere for food. I also enjoy how many activities they have to keep co-workers involved, like bake sales, awareness groups, family fun days, etc. It's all around just a good company to work for where you feel appreciated.
Pros
benefits, environment, staff
Cons
options on shift changes, time off
Wonderful place to work, full of positive attitudes
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 20, 2016
I loved working with GEICO. The people I worked with have become lifelong friends. If you have a positive attitude, this job is easy!
Great if you need money
Cycle Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2016
You're treated more like a number than a person.

Unbalanced grading for quality/interaction assurance.

If you're looking for an internal opportunity, you will be denied because it is an internal move. quoted directly from management "We don't want employees taking advantage of the bonus system in another department if they already have one in their current position."

The healthcare is great! A+
Pros
Profit Sharing, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Quality of Life
A nice place to work.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 16, 2016
The typical day is answering calls for 7-10 hours a day depending on your schedule. The co-workers are awesome and make coming to work easier.
Great place to work , Great work environment!!!
Emergency Road Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 16, 2016
Probably the best job that i've ever had!! Great pay!! Great people!! You can grow really quickly!! Friendly management and staff!! Very organized and by the book!! Very professional!! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!
Pros
Always upbeat and supportive!
Cons
I had to leave the company
Geico is a stable place of employment and I have enjoyed being there
Sr. Salvage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 14, 2016
The only draw back is coming into a company that is very structured that will hold a individual back from advancing because of the strict structures in place.
A typical day in a call center is supervisors shouting at the employees to be available to take calls, not allowing the time to work files resulting in down grades on file audits. downgrades result in not been able to advance through the company in a timely manner.
the management is number driven, not personable at all and treat the employees like they are doing them a favor by being there
the coworkers are not happy with working more and getting paid less
the hardest part of the job is coming into an unfriendly environment working for management who never smiles and really looked like they hate being there.
the most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers
Pros
401K and Profit Sharing
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare is expensive and time off counting against you if it is not scheduled
Not a pleasant place to work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 14, 2016
No stars above was not an option, otherwise that is what I would have chosen. Atmosphere of fear & loathing, a cesspool of incompetance at every level. Every e-mail ends with the phrase 'up to and including termination'.
Pros
Free parking- for now
Cons
Terrible computer system does not work
Great people to work with.
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 14, 2016
Typical day starts off with general answering of incoming calls. Processing current and existing claims.
I have learned that the call center environment can become monotonous but the culture of a team and several activities provided throughout the day can make the day go by a lot faster and work becomes relatable and fun.
The hardest part of the job was the "numbers". You have no real input on your calls or claims processing. It is all computerized and leaves little space for human input.
I enjoyed my supervisors and teammates mostly.
Overall I love the work environment.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Limitations on healthcare package
You will be a work horse
Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 13, 2016
Claims, claims, claims

You will handle any where from 200-250 claims at a time as an injury adjuster. To be successful you will have to work overtime which is unpaid.
Pros
excellent health insurance
Cons
limited vacation, work load is unreasonable, no job flexibility, no working from home, poor access to public transport
Horrible Leadership
Claims Resolution Specialist I, II (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 10, 2016
If you get on anyone's bad side, they will make sure to overload you on work in order to fire you. This starts from the top and works its way down. The management treat associates poorly, threatens to suspend vacation time if goals are not met and sets unrealistic goals to complete to begin with.
Pros
great people to meet
Cons
horribly understaffed but they keep it that way
Good Company bad management
Personal Injury Protection Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 8, 2016
I was really happy to start my job with GEICO but when I started actually working after the 1 and a half month of training period I was hit in the face with a large brick wall. They promote within meaning only people who have been there for years and years can move forward to other positions. They micromanage you, and the volume of claims given to you to work are not manageable. They expect you to do the work of like 10 people.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Healthcare for family is too expensive
Excellent Company to work for...
Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 6, 2016
I waited until I was with the company for at least 6 months to leave a review. I have been very pleased with the company overall. The management team seems to have been selected very well. They are a pleasure to work for. The salary could definitely be a little better. Several other job offers for more money, but I haven't taken any of them because of the way this company treats their employees. The benefits are good. The health insurance is very affordable for the family, profit sharing is nice, and company vehicles are top notch. My coworkers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job are the people that try to get over on the insurance company. Some people believe they can just get whatever they want from us. The best part of the job is being able to be there for the people that really need us the most. Nothing more rewarding than stepping up and paying a claim for someone in need. They pay for insurance hoping to never use it, when they have to use it, the last thing they need is a company not backing them.
Pros
benifits and advancement opportunities
Cons
salary a little lower than other companies
Meaningful and demanding
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJune 6, 2016
Very good company, a lot of training provided. Prepare associates for advancement into higher positions. hints of nepotism in associate selection for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay
A great corporate Education
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 6, 2016
If you are looking for a corporate career where you can literally start from the bottom and grow, then this is the place to do it. You can start from entry level insurance agent or phone rep and grow into a position that you never thought possible. Also to the fact that it's a nationwide company, it allows you to travel and move if you choose to. It s truly a company that values it's personal and from the the CEO down to the mail room.
Great Money, terrible for families
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  VAJune 6, 2016
Loved the money and benefits!!! I dont know how people can sit on the phones for 9 hours straight of the day! Only get 6 minutes of "personal time" which means out of HOURS of the day you can only use 6 minutes to use the restroom. You are told WHEN to go on break so I hope you are hungry during then! AND GOD FORBID if your child is sick and you dont have anyone to stay home with your child! It didnt matter how good I was at my job! I was a top sales agent, but I had a sick child that I had to be home with her and they didnt care! Even when I got a call she was in the ER. I worked OT when I could to make up and sold tons of policies but that didnt matter to them!
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
not family friendly
Great
Auto Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 6, 2016
McDonalds was my first Job I ever had and I love it. I learned alot, got promoted and had a blast. The managers I worked with were wonderful.
Nice People, Crazy work expectations
Mail Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 5, 2016
I work in the NPMC at geico. They are really nice people, with AWESOME schedule options. The only con is the pay is kind of low and they are production based, so basically they keep track of everything you do all day everyday & give you a production rating at the end of every week. Production numbers are sometimes hard to meet especially if you're having a rough week.
Pros
profit sharing, schedule options
Cons
pay, production based environment, little vacation time
Decent place
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2016
Heavy phone work, hard to go to doctors appointments or take time off. Pay is good, but if your sick with a cold and want to work there isn't anything for you to do besides be on the phone
Continuous people interaction whether co-workers or customers.
Liability Claims Rep (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 4, 2016
GEICO is a fast pace environment that consist of continual phone interaction with customers. Most of the day consist of explaining Coverage and Filing option, handling Coverage Issues, making Liability Decisions and reviewing files to pay claims.

I have learned that it is important to be an active listener. This allows you to efficiently address the needs of an individual and effectively handle the problem.

A good working relationship with Management is essential. I work hard to receive feedback from Management and try to ask questions and address my concerns in a positive way.

The hardest part of my current job is accepting that I can't assist a customer because the Coverage is not available.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have been trained to effectively do my job.
Benefits
Cons
Work Load
Sit down job
Claims Service Represtenative (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 3, 2016
The job has to be right for you or it will stress you out to the extreme. There is a large workload and a lot expected from you but they do take care of their employees. It's kind of a catch 22

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.