GEICO

GEICO United States Employee Reviews

This was my ideal position that only ended as I had to relocate.
CLAIMS SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: Food Days, Jeans Days, Fast Paced Environment
Cons: Long Hours and above average standards
My typical day consisted of logging on to the systems and assisting customers with their residential auto insurance claims.
I learned how to quickly prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced call center environment.
Management has always been open to any and all requests or inquiries presented. They have also provided honest and helpful feedback when needed.
I enjoyed coming to work if only to spend time with my co-workers that each had their own unique personalty and were entertaining to say the least.
The hardest part of my job was trying to go above and beyond for each and every one of our millions of customers on a daily basis. Some customers needed more attention and assistance than others, but I did my best to be as helpful as possible.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction in helping a customer that desperately needed it.
Great Place
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 2, 2015
This company is great. I enjoyed working here.It is very fast paced and I was able to work independently of everyone else. Besides being stuck in a chair all day and tied to a phone it is great!
Excellent place to work
MD (Current Employee), Chevy chaseApril 2, 2015
Cool environment with ample opportunities to explore new technologies.Company have dedicated IT department which concentrates in development of business applications. Management here in this company is excellent and they are easy going..
Amazing work enviroment
Automotive Insurance Councilor (Current Employee), Getzville, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: Work environment
Cons: No variety in tasks to complete.
Great company to work for, everyone, both co-workers and management alike, is friendly and willing to help your advancement in the company. The easy-going, up beat work environment is the best thing about this position. For someone who needs variety and enjoys multi-tasking, this is not the job for them, it is very repetitious, not only on a day to day basis, but on an hourly basis.
It's okay
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 2, 2015
It's okay, there are days when the work is very stressful. You have to be open to change, because change happens very often.
be prepared to work
help desk (Current Employee), fredericksburg, vaApril 1, 2015
Pros: lots of benefits, advancement opportunity
Cons: Short breaks, strict dependability standards, strict call monitoring
Good company. The company treats you good, the customers dont. High turnover rate. Do what they tell you and you will be fine.
great place to work . just not the place for me
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Macon,GAMarch 31, 2015
Geico is a great place to work, but for me it was not. I have nothing bad to say at all about Geico. For me it was the constant same routine on a daily basis. I became complacent and started to dread going to work everyday.
Excellent Company and Ennvironment
Emergency Roadside Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Macon GAMarch 30, 2015
Stress free fast pace environment enjoyed working with the people there value employees and there safety. Employees have awesome discouunts love thee fact that they use emails to communicate with co workers across the floor
Stay far away
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing check
Cons: Stressful, micromanagement, unrealistic policies, workload, rude customers
Worst job I've ever had. Geico's policies and procedures are very irrational. You earn and accumulate sick time but you get penalized for using it. They have a "dependability" policy and each time you call in sick you lose a point off of your dependability and could get terminated once it drops to 97. The workload is unbearable and unmanageable. Majority of the claims examiners here work late nights or weekends just to catch up. There's no work life balance so if you're willing to sacrifice a life outside of work then geico is the place for you. Micromanaging is huge here. Supervisors and managers listens to your phone calls and reviews your emails. It is a very unhappy work environment. Management doesn't care about how stressed employees are. They continue to dump work on their employees. Stay far away....
Good pay but you can never do anything right
Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Salary, benefits, no weekends
Cons: Workload, indifferent management, impossible goals and constant criticism
I worked as an auto damage adjuster for 6 years. I made an above average salary in my area but boy...will they extract every last ounce of energy from you. The daily list of tasks was endless. GEICO wants you to be in constant contact with the customer, which is admirable, but the job gives you little time to actually do it. Heavily booked drive-in schedules, reinspecting every supplement no matter how insignificant, picking up titles for total losses, constantly updating rentals and fielding customer calls...the mantra for all this is "It only takes a minute" but management fails to understand there are only so many minutes in a day. Customer service survey scores (which are calculated with the most bogus point system I've ever seen) count far too much in your performance assessment. The goals are set for the employee to fail for which you are constantly hounded adding a level of stress to the position that finally drove me from the place. I was frequently sent (with little notice) to other areas to assist because they couldn't hire or keep people employed in certain areas. They don't care if this disrupts your home life. Supervisors and managers are yes-men and insulate themselves from the people in the trenches until it's time to criticize you for not making the numbers they want.GEICO is a great company to be a customer of but a difficult one to work for and be successful. Every appraiser I worked with wanted to get out but the pay and benefits are hard to abandon.
not what it seems
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Getzville, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: tim hortons in building
Cons: no time to breath. micromanaged. not good for parents
Your only a number
Recently they have changed half the floors schedule to ones that do not work for yourself.
Stressful
Money isn't worth it after a couple years
You'll go home crying at least once a week
People get walked out every week
Inbound Insurance Sales Calls
Senior Sales Technician/ Sales Coach (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: NO COLD CALLING! AWESOME MANAGEMENT TEAM! TRAINING! You were never going into anything new blindly.
Cons: In the first year a little hard to balance work and home, no vacation until after about 6 months.
Taking inbound calls from potential clients for homeowners insurance. I learned that this was a job that is a career job and should have stuck in there and not followed a higher compensation package. If I have the opportunity to go back I would definitely do it , take the chance to move up with a reputable company and be able to use your knowledge and skills for everyday life decisions on important things like homeowners and auto insurance. The management team there was awesome they did everything they could to help each employee that WANTED to learn advance and grow. If you were comfortable with where you were then they gave you ways of making that comfort ability even more easier so that you would still be up there as far as top compensation with the ones who chose to go into other levels or positions. That you would always succeed at any level.
Team Environment, stressful culture, extremely high call volume and short staffed
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria and gym on site
Cons: No specific adjuster assigned to files
Processing auto claims including determining liability applying state regulations and statutes. Scheduling/rescheduling repair appointments with rentals for insured and claimants. Handling inquiry calls from attorneys, medical providers and customers. Assigning claims for coverage investigations, medical claims and dispute settlements as needed. Creating and maintaining diary to bring claims to closure in a timely manner. I most enjoyed to being able to calm our customers assure them that we are in the situation with them and hearing them say I was able to put their mind at ease. The hardest part of the job to sell the repair program and make follow-up calls when they were restricted due to poor service levels. I learned that in the team environment you are over worked because while I had the integrity to work every file I touched but not everyone on the floor did and so sometimes after my 3 days off my files were not touched and customers were upset.
Great benefits, with good pay, great company to grow with
Internet Support Technician (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Profit Sharing, Cafeteria in facility, as well as a gym, great benefits
Cons: Considering I work a 10 hour shift if would be nice to get an extra 15, but it is nice to have three days off a week with a set schedule.
Internet Support Technician
Good troubleshooting experience with customers on various devices for the Geico website and mobile application. I have learned to heighten my skills in attention to detail, to enhance the customer's experience by being as efficient as possible. Management is great they give you all the coaching and encouragement you need to be your best. They can also be very helpful when it comes to advancement within Geico which really let you know they care about your success. Hardest part of the job is really that each call is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're going to get, however that's what keeps it interesting. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you helped someone make their day just a little bit better by providing excellent customer service, and knowing you helped solve their problem.
Above Averaage
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Attendance and promotion policies
GEICO's benefits are AWESOME! The training provided really sets one apart from others in the customer service field. Not the best place to work if you have school-aged children or health issues.
Stress full
Auto Damage Dispatcher (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: bouns checks once a year
Cons: they are always open
I enjoyed working for Geico even though they had a lot of stress and deadlines that you had to meet. And they couldn't find me a day job since I not able to work nights.
Can be emotionally overwhelming
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), East Amherst, NYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good incentives
Cons: not enough breaks
Took phone calls all night long and customers many time would yell about bills they did not pay. Although the pay is good it was not worth the emotional abuse
ok for a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Poway, CAMarch 19, 2015
supervisors are great pay is great but policy and procedures are lacking logic. promotions are withheld if survey numbers are not met even if surveys are not about the particular agent the survey comes in under.
geico
SALES SENIOR ADVISOR (Former Employee), lakelandMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benifits and compensation
Cons: sales is a hamster wheel at times.
The entire day is on the phones. I earned a lot about insurance and its importance along with sales techniques. Management does a horrible job of listening and implementing things. Coworkers are really easy to get along with the most part. Hardest part of the day is being on the phone non stop and being expected to skip your breaks to take more calls. most enjoyable part of working there is compensation and benefits.
run a mail inserter
Document specialist (Former Employee), fredericksburg vaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great people
I ran a mail inserter for 13 hrs over night had to make sure I hit my numbers at the end of every night processed a lot of mail pay was pretty good and the benefits we really good

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries