GEICO

GEICO Employer Reviews

ok for a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 8, 2015
they are great to their employees and provide great benefits and advancement opportunities. I quickly found out however, that I am not the type of person that can handle working in a call center. I love being able to be up and moving around and interacting with people, not stuck in a cubical all day. overall the people and the management were great. I made some amazing friends and learned a lot of skills I can take with me.
The work environment was really great.
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 8, 2015
All of the members on that team was really helpful. They always help each other whenever we needed it. Working over their was indeed a great experience. The project manager and also the team leaders were always their to help us anytime we needed them.
Exciting Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Macon GaJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: phone work all day
Management is amazing and understanding. Work was fun and different every day.
Great Company to work for, lacks the organization
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Poway, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great pay, excellent benefits
Cons: lack of organization, cafe not open overnight.
So many associates to accommodate for. Working overnight is very difficult to balance with personal life. Certain protocols instructed to perform conflict with personal values and integrity.
ok job
Insurance Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: health and benefits
Cons: no college no promotion
The job was ok except they wanted to much from reps and they use to come down on us hard. They hired college grads with no customer service skills to supervisors when other reps have been there for years worked hard on the phone and could not be supervisors because they had no college degree. Thats unfair, job experience should be a factor on getting promoted.
Amazing Expierience
savage/service/underwriting (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: profit sharing, insurance plan
Cons: challenging daily, never a moment of down time.
I have to say that working at Geico enabled me to grow and learn in so many ways.
I was able to perfect my people skills as well as multi-tasking skills.
The best part of this job varied from the best benefit plans, profit sharing, and some of the most wonderful co-workers I have ever had the privilege of working with. The job was challenging every single day and made for a busy and difficult job if you weren't up to the daily challenge.
Fast paced, comfortable, fun workplace
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Communicating via email and telephone, to coordinate deposition hearings and court dates. Manages attorneys calendars and enters new case files into our system. File away documents and mailed required documents to opposing counsel and courts.
Could be better, could be worse.
Adjuster (Current Employee), Marlton, NJDecember 31, 2014
Organization is key.
Workload can be heavy but being able to stay on top of it keeps it manageable.

As with any other position as an adjuster, expect to constantly be put into a lose lose situation.
Helpful co-workers,high stress work environment.
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, friendly co-workers, fun family events.
Cons: short breaks, high stress levels.
Geico is a very restrictive company that teaches you self discipline, time management and how to provide the up-most excellent customer service. The management, mainly referring to floor supervisors, can make a work day difficult due to their lack of interest in their teams needing them in situations such as approvals, a dissatisfied customer, help finding customers that are unsure of their exact locations, or general questions which, in turn, can add a lot of unnecessary stress to the work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is having very helpful co-workers who are willing to assist any way possible. The benefits at Geico(mainly referring to salary and advancement opportunities)are also something that can make the job some-what enjoyable.
Very Productive Place to work
Accident Tow Billing Rep (Internship) (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
I had a great experience working at GEICO. I learned alot during my internship i held a data entry position. which helped me learn the basics of all the systems and it also help me pick up my typing skills. I really enjoyed working with my former co-workers they were very outgoing people.
Decent place to work
Claims Examiner (WV/MD) (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VADecember 14, 2014
I am seeking opportunities else where, all though it has been a great company, the advancement is not available.
Sorority and frats
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free dq from buffette
Cons: rumors and favortizm
If you join the click you'll be fine. other wise your an outsider and will be picked on. I had a group of friends and was fine but I did not like the way others were treated at all. Great systems and as long as you dont have a family and you can devote 100% of your life youll be fine.
Long Hours, horrible management
Personal Injury Protection Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYDecember 11, 2014
Typical 10-12 hour days, extremely busy, worked through lunch hours to meet deadlines; management team not structured at all; nice environment, the people were the only good thing about the job.
Great Place to work with amazing Co-Workers
Glass Specialist (Current Employee), Macon, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: the selection of some supervisors.
Cons: the balance of the work schedule with personal everyday life event.
Typical Work day: 4 straight hours taking calls, depending on the weather conditions through out the United states the call volume was steady.
Learned many things from the supervisors and more seasoned associates. The management team stayed in their area unless needed to have meetings about changes within the company. The coworkers were ALL nice and a joy to be around, including the supervisors on the floor. The hardest part was actually in the beginning in training, after training everything became second nature.
A very high volume work place
Claims representative (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 2, 2014
a typical day is very intresting at geico call center. Ive learned patience.my coworkers were very helpful when i first started. the hardest part of the day was getting a angry customer call. the most enjoyable part is being able to work out and help a customer to satisfy their every need.
GEICO
Emergency Road Service Specialist (Former Employee), Macon, GeorgiaDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: working holidays
I enjoyed working for this company. A typical day was stressful but rewarding. Managment was engaged and co-workers were readily available to assist.
Stable company
Claims Representative II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2014
Stable company to work for. Never worried if I'd be layed off. Ample advancement opportunites. Workload was extremely heavy, and in comparison to other insurance companies, did not compare for salary. However, excellent medical benefits and the annual profit sharing helped gap the bridge a little.
great people, poor management
Personal Lines Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: management
Pushing the older employees out for younger employees for less pay
overall good company
goal oriented
excellent team work
customer driven
tuition reimbursement
assist customers with claims needs
Productive and good place to work
Licensed Auto Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: fitness center, lunch options, location
Cons: advancement opportunities
A typical day at work included time spent working on the phones helping potential customers get new auto insurance, or switch over from a different provider. I learned a lot from my tenure ship with the company. I was taught all of the various coverage types and options available for many different states, as well as the individual state laws that went with it. GEICO also helped train me to become a better salesman. Management was generally chosen from among the most qualified of the applicants that applied. Management tends to switch around quite often, making consistency an issue. Sometimes, managers aren't put in the best spots, which leads to some issues from time to time. Co-workers were great! A lot of good people work for the company. People are generally easy to get a long with, and have the potential to become good friends. Aside from getting your foot in the door, the hardest part of the job is being on the phone for 8 hours a day. But, that's to be expected from any call center environment. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the people. Your co-workers can make all the difference.

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more