GEICO Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,348 reviews matching the search
great to be insured, not to be employed
AUTOMOTIVE DAMAGE ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2016
Treated poorly, as an adjuster- they're horrible. they over work you, treat you ok but not well, supervisors are hit or miss, and over stress you. Benefits are good, training is good but a nightmare. good place to start.
Not bad but could improve
Accident Tow Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 27, 2016
I have been at Geico for right at a year now. For someone who does not have a college degree, I make pretty good ($13.06/hour) for an entry level position. You normally can pick your shift, or bid for one once a spot comes open, which is nice. For example, I came out of training working 4 pm-12 am. After proving myself, I now work 8 am-4 pm. The benefits are wonderful.
However.
They have a "dependability" standard. You must remain above a 97% to be in good standing and be able to apply for other jobs within the company. I found out I was pregnant about a month after I started. I had to miss work, or leave early, due to being sick or having doctors appointments. Normally, FMLA would cover me and it wouldn't hurt my dependability. But you must be with them for one year to qualify. Obviously, my dependability dropped to a 94%... Under any other circumstances I probably would've been fired. But, it did hurt my numbers and now I'm stuck in this entry level position until my dependability has come up. Upon returning from my maternity leave, I had to take my daughter to her doctor because she was losing weight instead of gaining. They told me either reschedule or take an unapproved day off. The doctor was going on vacation the next week, so I took the day off. When I came back, they sat me down and talked about firing me because my dependability was so low... Even though it was low because I was missing days due to pregnancy, and they previously assured me that they wouldn't fire me because I was pregnant.
Overall, I love my company. But they're not as family friendly as they
  more... say they are.  less
Pros
Goal driven, lots of oppurtunities, they try to make it a fun atmosphere
Cons
Not family friendly.
Claims Service Representative
Claims Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2016
The training is second to none. It was a great learning experience. I had great supervisors but unfortunately things simply didn't work out.
No Complaints
Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2016
GEICO is a great place to work. The pay is great, the job isn't awful, and supervision and management are very supportive. Coworkers are awesome. However, keep in mind you will be stuck inside a grey cubicle, staring at a computer screen and talking on the phone for 8 hours a day. If you can handle that, you're golden.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 23, 2016
Answered incoming calls. Processed payments and endorsements for our customers. Got along great with co-workers. Most enjoyable was the pay. The hardest was working a midnight shift. Missed my family.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Working midnight shift
Geico is number one in Florida
Auto Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 22, 2016
Good benefits; however all employees are mostly overworked, you will need to put in additional hours without any extra pay. I don't feel the compensation for this type of work is way too low.
Pros
Benefits/Profit Sharing
Cons
Long Hours/Pay
Productive environment with high expectations.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2016
Geico is a great place for someone who wants to be pushed to provide excellence. You will be rewarded for your effort. Great benefits and great training.
Pros
opportunity for advancement great benefits
Cons
job evaluations and metrics
Fun place to work
Licensed Insurance Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 20, 2016
Fun people to work with and love the shift of working 4 days with 3 days off. Trainers are very detailed and informative. Lots of fun activities planned for employees and their families from time to time
GEICO coworkers are the best benifit
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 19, 2016
Welcome to GEICO your cubical home. One of the best aspects of working at GEICO is that there is great job security. Everyone needs car insurance which means that you will have a job as long as there are cars. Upon coming in depending on your supervisor they may have a morning rally. At this point you get changes that are coming down or areas to focus on your calls with customers. Beyond the excellent benefits that are provided by GEICO are the coworkers. This is what really makes GEICO a great place to work at. The people you work with are all in the same struggle as you and it creates a great bond with each other. When struggling trying to find a particular rule about car insurance in one state these are the people you look to for help. You'll find yourself hanging out with these same people on the weekends and after work. GEICO employees love food and thus there are often food days where everyone brings in food for the team. These day just could be for birthdays or just because. However, the short half hour lunches make really enjoying this hard. Management stays out of you hair for the most part because they are in your supervisor hair. However, management there are approachable and take concerns seriously. The area that brings the most issue to the job is the phone and the customers. A majority of the customer are great and generally just want to know whats going on when it comes to their insurance. However, there are some who you can do nothing to help even when you sort out the issue. MY favorite one were the ones that were angry at me for not giving  more... them insurance even when they had not paid for it for 3 months. Some of them even went as far to threaten to hunt me down and make me pay for them loosing insurance. These customers are the ones that break your day or leave you in shock at what other think is acceptable treatment of others. At first it is very difficult to get over these calls but over time you do. This is where your coworkers come in to play to cheer you up and tell you about their worst call.  less
Pros
Coworkers and Benifits
Cons
Angery Customers
Insurance Sales
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 19, 2016
Answer phones and help customers with policy issues. Added and removed drivers and vehicles from policies. Explained any billing questions that the customer may of had
Fast-paced Insurance Atmosphere with high attention paid to metrics
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 18, 2016
Overall, Geico is not a bad place to work. It is very fast-paced and, if you are in the sales department, will have little to no time between phone calls. Personally, I did not like the "call center" environment, and would prefer to interact with people face to face. There are monthly numbers that must be hit by each employee, however, the numbers that pertain to sales are most heavily weighted. My biggest grievance is management's inability to realize that, due to the call center model, the agent has very little control over what calls come on their line. More often than not, a transfer from another department proves to be a non-viable lead and can become frustrating when you know the time spent on the phone call will ultimately go against your numbers. Very stressful atmosphere but the compensation is fairly good for this area, especially if you are not in possession of any sort of degree. The benefits offered are also nice and it is a good place to be employed if you need a steady pay check and have a family to support. Again, the call center environment was not for me and the job can become excruciatingly monotonous over time.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
stress, metrics, call center
Call Center Environment
Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 17, 2016
Walk in and greeted by management, put on earpiece and take back to back claims
Fast paced environment, and also room for advancement
Pros
open door policy
Cons
no complaints
Not all that
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 16, 2016
Benefits are the only thing that is a positive working for this company. Work/life balance will be ruined, poor micro-managing.
Busy Days
Combination Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 16, 2016
If you like working in a fast pace environment and understand the importance of customer service this would be the job for you. You have to be able to work independently. A typical day consists of receiving calls from customers, the claims office, body shops, and other insurance companies in regards to your assignments. You will handle anywhere between 5-10 appointments a day. The hardest part is staying on top of all the work.
Good Company
Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2016
I enjoy my work as an adjuster, but I'm a field agent, not comfortable in office environment. This is an active auto repair express location with great working relationship with shop and office staff.
Very Strict
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 12, 2016
GEICO is a very strict and structured company. There is not a lot of room for advancement but the benefits are great. The hardest part of the job is not be able to help some of the people because they did not have the coverages that were needed.
Be forewarned
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 11, 2016
Although working with the other associates is very nice, management on the other hand does not concern themselves with associates needs and questions as needed. they micromanage to the point where the management is not comprehending the associates job and stresses them out to the point where they literally have half of their associate quit on multiple levels. Falsely accuses associates of unconfirmed incidents without proper investigations. Poorly trains new associates to fill man power.
Benefits
Cons
Micro manages, workload stress, management training/decisions
Good Pay
Cycle Sales Representative III (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 11, 2016
If you are in a job for the money, work here. If you want to feel satisfied by your job, look elsewhere. The hours are long, busy and you are judged by people who have never experienced the job first hand or it has been decades since they have.
Pros
pay/ benifit
Cons
feel like a computer, not listened to
working at Geico
Customer Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 11, 2016
Working at Geico was very stressful and caused me have depression and anxiety. Over all it is a great company to work for with great benefits. I ready for something new outside of the call center field
Absolute fantastic company to work for!
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 11, 2016
Inside sales: Provided with detail guidance/instruction/training to maintain GEICO high level of standards. GEICO as a company genuinely cares for its employees and gives recognition for a multitude of accomplishments. Stability, fairness, compensation, and reliability are all evident within GEICO. Highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking for not just a great company but a phenomenal family environment at work!
Pros
Stability, flexibility, recognition, etc.