GEICO

GEICO Employer Reviews

Great place to work and you learn so much about car insurance
Glass Claims Representative (Former Employee), Macon GeorgiaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: goodie tables, great pay and benefits!!
I worked the call center and would take about 100 calls per day. filing glass claims, I really enjoyed working here! the management is wonderful and your co workers are amazing! the hardest part of the job is not taking the callers angry personal.
Not a good place to work
Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: employees, supervisors, pay
Cons: management
I met some of the nicest employees and supervisors I have ever worked with at GEICO, but the Management Staff is very hands off and although GEICO is very informative with requirements, does not give you any kind of time frame for those requirements and before letting you go. They are really very unorganized in regards to training as not only will each person tell you something different, but the trainers will argue regarding which one is correct. Training there should be a little more organized and understandable.
n/a
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 25, 2015
If you are willing to stay in a company for a long time GEICO is the best place to work. They have great benefits.
Great company to work for, if you're willing to relocate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, schedules, paid vacation
Cons: work-life balance, lack of advancement in specific office
GEICO is a great company to work for...if you're willing to relocate. There are 10 regional offices in the country, Buffalo being one of them. Now, the benefits are fabulous, my coworkers are great, my management team is dependable, and my shift lends itself for a healthy work-life balance*. However, there are over 2,500 people in the Buffalo office and very few people are willing to leave Buffalo to work for GEICO in a different office, which doesn't open up a lot of advancement opportunities in our office. Buffalo's cost of living is so low and the pay at GEICO is great; it's hard to leave this area for an area that's more expensive and it's hard to leave family and friends. I get it. I would be willing to relocate if my husband wasn't set on staying in Buffalo. There are advancement opportunities; you just have to be more willing to move than the other person.

*I work a day shift, so it leaves time to actually have dinner, go to the gym, watch a movie, have a happy hour with friends and coworkers etc.. However, at the end of the day, our office is a call center. There are many metrics on which we are graded and some of them are "out of the box." It makes it difficult to gauge where you'll be each day in the rankings when you walk into work so sometimes, you stress out about your "numbers" at home. That isn't healthy. It's a high-stress environment for the wrong reasons sometimes.
Uncompromising
Accident Tow Dispatcher (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: cafeteria, gym, benefits, and compensation
Cons: not family friendly
Geico is probably a good place to work for those without families. Good benefits and reasonable pay make it ideal. However, new representatives begin on night shift. For those with a family, this isn't ideal. If the management was more willing to work with new representatives, it might be different. But the uncompromising "six months on night shift for new employees" makes working here simply impossible for those with young children.
Additionally, the building was filthy. A floor buffer was used to "clean" carpeted floors. No cleaning supplies were provided for work stations, and it showed.
The cafeteria and gym were nice, though, and very convenient. Again, those are things that are very big pluses for single employees or those without children.
not what it seems.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 21, 2015
training is sub-par. its either sink or swim in most cases. you are held responsible even for aspects of your job you aren't aware of.
Summer Associate Intern
Management Development Program Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: culture, great internshup
Internship experience was great and featured rotations throughout sales, service, and claims departments. The Projects at the end of the rotations were very useful.
A productive workplace with great co-workers.
Service Recovery Representative (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: job discounts
Cons: high job stress
Retention of clients who are not satisfied with the current services that have been provided by GEICO. I initiate call outs to these individuals. We have a discussion of the issue or problem and we work towards a solution to insure customer satisfaction. I have learned to be patient with the customer. Management provides the tools to complete the job and always stress the use of your resources. My co-workers are the best to work with. The most difficult part of the job is telling the customer no. The mos enjoyably part of the job is having a satisfied client in the end,
very easy and fun job that paid well
Caregiver/Med Aide (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 20, 2015
I worked as a caregiver for almost a year and loved it. I was giving care to a family member and Geico was paying me though their insurance.A typical day at work would be like what its like to have a typical day at home because most of the work is household duties.
Very good company to work for
Insurance Agent III (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 19, 2015
stressful but rewarding, hardest part was meeting goals that were set high but there was a definitely a reason for doing so. I enjoyed knowing that I was helping the public. I learned patience and understanding and how to handle business in a timely manner because it was a call center.
Detailed Oriented
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Primarily on the phone the duration of the day insurance is an ever changing industry so supervisors were very good about keeping you updated on changes. Excellent training department and always provide feedback. It can be a high stress level job it all depends on how you handle it.
good company to work for
Insurance Agent Geico (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Very busy place to works hrs cac be undesireable in some departments. the company has good benefits and insurance.
Could be better work place
Senior .NET/Application Architect (contract) (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 19, 2015
A few years ago the company started a project of migration from IBM mainframe to Windows Azure. First year, they realized that the organization structure is not good enough to do the work effectively, so they made some changes. After an year of successful work and good progress in that changed environment, the department manager was promoted to his new level and the new one decided to contribute his own vision to the team, so he changed the things back to as they were before. Since then, team has to do overtime work and sometimes work on weekends.
Learned a lot everyday.
Supervisory Program (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJanuary 18, 2015
Given the opportunity to learn how to coach/supervise after just a short time working. Very stable job.
Fast paced, fun enviroment
Claims Adjustor (Current Employee), GeorgiaJanuary 16, 2015
Able to interact with customers, provide the best customer service, be able to multitask, able to take direction, and prepare all orders as requested.
Direct Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: doesn't really care for employees.
Management only cares about numbers or how many sales you make a day. They don't care for personal problems at home or maternal care. My co-workers are great and very easy to get along with. They help alot giving great advice in making sales and so on. The hardest part of the job is staying motivated after realizing that supervisors and management only care for themselves and numbers for the company.
Cons: doesn't really care for employees.
Work hard and get rewarded
Telephone Claims Rep (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 14, 2015
If you are willing to give this job you effort, it is enjoyable and rewarding.

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries