GEICO

GEICO United States Employee Reviews

Fun work enviroment
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee), Getsville, NYMarch 9, 2015
There was a lot to do since it is an insurance company.
Great people work there and made it a good place to work.
You would spend most of the day on the phones taking inbound calls from potential customers and current customers.
Decent Pay
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
They pay their employees a lot to deal with their shenanigans. They have micromanaging and overbearing management. Every second of every day is monitored.
Meeting New People
Total Loss Specialist (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: management
GEICO is a large company with several people working there meeting new people to network is always a positive.
A typical day was hectic and a lot needed to be done. My co workers were amazing people to be around and always made a bad day better.
A good company great benifits
Insurance Specialist - Billing Agent (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 7, 2015
The company puts you through a long training process to prepare you for the phone environment. A good place to work. Lots of food days . Management was willing to help you meet floor goals.
great career choice
Customer Service/ Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Poway, CAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, stability
Cons: micromanagement
geico is a great employeer. They offer great benefits and pay. Also allows plenty of room for growth and moving up with in the company
Low pay and over worked who could ask for more
Continuing Unit Examiner (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 6, 2015
Pros: air conditioning
Cons: everything else
I will say if you are looking to start a career you could do worse. They train you to do the job well ad that is where the praise ends.

They will overwork you. I know plenty of people who still work there and they have a workload of nearly double the industry average. I now work for another company and through interviews and talking with people know GEICO is the worst place to work for. I have heard a lot of horror stories but lived through the worst place.

They strategically place their offices in areas near big cities but far enough out they can pay much lower. They do not value you as a person and if you dont like their answer is dont let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

If you used to work there praise God you escaped. If you still do make it a priorirty to get out. Your sanity is worth it.
Family Oriented
Homeowners' Billing Support Technician (Current Employee), getzville nyMarch 5, 2015
too strict, grade your calls very tough. i dont like it here, its not for everyone. Management doesnt do what they say they will.
operates like a sweatshop.
Insurance Underwriter/Job Coach (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYMarch 5, 2015
very stressful job. No stability and seniority means nothing. Out with the old in with the new. The pay is great but you should not have to sell your soul to get a paycheck. The company cares more about customers than their employees. Extremely micro managed.
very productive work place
Licensed Automobile Claims Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2015
this place was very fun and productive. if things were different, i would have stayed with the company for as long as possible. everyone helped each other out to get the job done.
Fun and professional place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 3, 2015
Management was always fair, respectful, and caring.
The hardest part of the job was sitting at the computer all day.
The most enjoyable part was being able to help people and knowing you were appreciated for everything you do.
Corporate Tyranny
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Getzville, NYMarch 3, 2015
Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone with a soul. Complete institutionalization, from the puke colored walls to the rows and rows of endless cubicle dwellings. Save yourself-dont apply.
Great Insurance Company
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
Company with great benefits. Good customer service. Onsite deli. Reloadable lunch cards. Offer business courses and licensing courses onsite.
Interesting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2015
Pros: nice workers
Cons: not offering direct life insurance
Warm and rewarding atmosphere. Everyday brought along new and inviting challenges.
Working with licensed agents that were very helpful to customers in regards to auto, home, motorcycle, rv, atv and a whole lot more.
Saving you money with good quality insurance from personal and professional agents was awesome.
Claims Service
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 28, 2015
Great Company to work for and a lot of benefits. I like the section I work in and the section is very helpful. I'm still learning my job so I cant give a hardest part of my job.
Very productive and keeps you on your toes. There is never nothing that you dont learn each day.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Working for Geico I have expanded my knowledge in the work place environment. I have also excelled in the customer service area speaking on the phones with customers and meeting their every need. I enjoy speaking to others and keeping busy it makes the day enjoyable and fly by. I love customer service I enjoy bringing cheer to other people, and solving there issues like they were my own.
Fast past work environment with many advancement opportunities
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 26, 2015
In a typical day I assist policy holders with auto claims and direct them to the correct department if other services are required. The job requires you to learn several aspects of customer service and execute them flawlessly on every call. At times the pace can be slow but in the event of server weather the job requires fast pace and quick action. I did enjoy the people I have worked with at Geico.
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time with this employer. The training was top notch they truly care about their employees. I miss working here.
Productive with great benefits
Insurance Agent/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Addison, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: people and pay
Cons: hours, short lunches
On a typical day i receive about 80-100+ phone calls. I answer qustions and provide the best customer service every time. It is very fast paced and many task are possible at one time. My co-workers and the Management team are full of people who love what they do. The hardest part of the job is the hours and the drive. I am a family oriented person and with the schedule I have it leaves very little time with my kids and family. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to talk with people everyday and try and to make their day go smoother and easy.
GEICO is an electronic sweat shop. Customer Service is given lip service.
Liability Adjuster - Telephone Claims Rep I (Former Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: competitive salaries/benefits
Cons: so many miserable people there. only staying for a paycheck.
The MOST stressful job I've ever had. If you just have to have a paycheck, go work there until you can find something else.
GEICO Customer Service is Stressfull!
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), san diego, caFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: demands of the job, micro management
GEICO pays well but they definitely get their money's worth from you, it's very stressful and not for everybody, that's why they have a high turnover rate. I personally wouldn't recommend any of my friends to work for GEICO unless they're desperate for a job

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries