GEICO

GEICO Employee Reviews

Great work, claims was just not for me
Liability and Personal Injury Protection Adjuster (Former Employee), Renton, WAMay 19, 2015
I loved the company and the people! Claims just was not for me. I ended up leaving and everyone was very positive and supportive of my decision.
Overall, a very stressful life.
Customer Service agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TxMay 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Problem with this company is their management. not being educated on how to do your job after 9 months of trying to educate yourself is very stressful. It was an easy job if you are told by someone who doesnt have a clue, but has been the most stressful job. Taking phone calls, is the easy part. Dealing with rude and mean people, with a horrible management team is what kills you.
A company that truly cares.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Getzville, New YorkMay 18, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, Profit Sharing.
Cons: still trying to find one...
Wanna work for a company that truly values you?
Where management has no doors?
Where they make a REAL effort to help you personally and financially?

Then look no further.

I work for about a year for this company and the treatment was amazing, management was respectful and proactive and very attentive and there was never a boring day coming in to work.

Ive never had any company put forth such and effort to keep me than this one and for that reason alone they won me over and i wouldn't hesitate to come back to work for them because of the amazing people first culture.
Okay work environment
LICENSED INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2015
Hard to balance work and home life with the scheduling/required weekends. On the plus side, it does stay busy and the days go by rather quickly. On-site training is definitely top notch if you have never had insurance and/or sales experience.
Productive and Fun place to work
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Getzville, NYMay 17, 2015
• Investigate claims and obtain relevant facts to determine coverage, loss and liability.
• Interact effectively with customers, insurance agents, police, adverse carriers and public personnel involved in the claims process
• Document all claim file activities in an accurate and timely manner
• Resolve claim issues promptly and follow up on any outstanding issues
• Work within specific state regulations
• Deliver on monthly matrixes for monitored and recorded calls, customer service surveys, product selling, and file handling.
• Assist callers by answering and responding to their queries and issues related to certain policies, procedures, laws, contracts and policy information
Great Company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 15, 2015
Great company. 401 wonderful benefits with excellent room for advancement. Flexible work hours. Yearly bonuses based on company profitability.
A great place to start a career.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: healthcare, fair environment
Cons: poor starting salary
GEICO is a great place to start a career for someone who has just left college or is currently pursuing a degree. The company promotes career growth and leadership development above all else. They expect the best possible results from their associates and over time award those who shine. GEICO is a merit based company. Tenure does not go too far when comes to advancement. If you enjoy the insurance business GEICO can take a person very far.
Great co-works, pay but management only wants particular people
Insurance Service Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 10, 2015
Pros: 45 min lunches, good pay, wonderful facility.
Cons: They only want you a short period of time unless someone up top likes you
Worked at GEICO training was outstanding, people and coworks are wonderful pay is good until you get near your raise time that is when they tell you the behaviors they prescribe to provide excellent customer service is also the same behaviors that will get you pushed out they told me I asked too many questions to a customer trying to save and get the most accurate policy info.
Pretty Good place to work needs management overhaul
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 7, 2015
I made the most of my time with Geico through getting as much insurance training as possible. The training with this company is outstanding.
Fun environment and very team oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Getzville, NYMay 7, 2015
Great challenging job with fun people. Worked as a customer service rep so it really fullfilled my need to help and interact with people.
good work place with substantial amount of work load
Claims attorney (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDMay 7, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: substantial work load
My work day first dealt with reviewing emails and responding to them. Then, I would handle telephone calls seeking settlement authority. Next I would review the police report and medical records of a new file.
Good Job, Bad Management
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 6, 2015
Pros: Work is good and benefits are great
Cons: bad management and company employment policies
I enjoyed my job and duties at Geico however, the experience is ruined by bad and irregular employment practices and policies. Managers are often rude and biased.
Demanding work environment
ERS Dispatcher (Current Employee), Macon, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunch at certain times.
Cons: short breaks, vacation time was limited.
The job itself, I found easy to handle. The management team was difficult to work with. The hardest part of the job was not having much appreciation.
Constantly running you around.
Resident Doucher (Former Employee), Getzville, New YorkMay 4, 2015
Pros: Snack Cart once a month
Cons: No discounts. Everyone lies to you. Self-righteous douche bags.
Overall, this place looks well and fine from the outside, but I literally feel like this place is like the mafia. It takes forever to get into it, then they won't let you leave unless they kill you first.

I have Diabetes because they constantly pump all the fat people at their desks with the candy and ice cream.
Demanding
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 4, 2015
Not a job for a family person... very demanding job... this is a salaried position requiring more than 40 hours per week.. this position requires long hours and working more than your scheduled shift to complete the quantity of work required
Teamwork.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Team environment
Cons: I enjoyed this jobs. No cons.
Responsibilities: Answered 70-80 telephone calls per day using multi-line phone system. Efficiently handled policy needs and ensured that every customer interaction was a positive one. Assisted our policyholders in understanding their coverage and offered additional insurance products. Processed insurance claims.
Friendly environment with wonderful management and coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYMay 2, 2015
Pros: bonuses, contest, access to management, promotions
Cons: scheduling
Working at Geico the coworkers and management became more of a second family then just coworkers. I learned how to provide excellent service to customers. One of my most enjoyable part of Geico was just going into work and knowing that everyone wanted you to succeed.
Great Job Security - Overworked, underpaid
Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Poway, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Micromanaged, Politics, Unreasonable amount of work relative to pay.
Being the low-cost provider means mediocre working conditions, over worked and under paid. Management plays favorites. Dinosaurs running the show, lack of progressive mentality. EXTREMELY micromanaged

Great Job Security, Decent Profit Sharing Plan.
Excellent company to work for.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent attorneys, paralegals and staff.
Cons: None that I can think of.
Work is plentiful, but company and attorneys are nice to work for
A good place to learn personal injury from the insurance company's point of view.
Great company to work for, always growing and changing
Claims Liability Adjuster (Former Employee), Getzville, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: challenging, independence, supportive, great pay and benefits
Cons: Very rigid and strict at times, changes were often very sudden
They have a plethora of different shifts and are willing to work with you as a team on a daily or as needed basis. Everyone seemed friendly and outgoing, the cafeteria is stellar and they have an on-site gym. They are generous with pay, benefits, vacation time, etc. I became a licensed specialist in auto claims through their highly-rated training processes, I learned practical things about the liability and pay structure of an automobile accident and enjoyed helping my clients through tough times.
Because every state is a bit different and they do follow a lot of verbatim word tracks, I would have liked to be able to take more call control or add my own personality into the mix sometimes.

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries