GEICO

GEICO Employee Reviews

Excellent working place
Senior Microsoft SQL and SSRS Developer (Current Employee), Chevy Chase, MDJune 3, 2015
A great company that offers good working environment and nice co-workers for employees. Learned a lot and contributed a lot.
Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee), USAJune 3, 2015
I would not recommend to anyone looking for a good working environment. Not everything they are expected to be and will let you down.
Great company! I really enjoy working for them! Awesome managment! AAA+++ Working here was a reward every day due to the people I worked with!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 3, 2015
Hard work with a constant replenishment of fresh young minds
Information Systems Analyst I (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of passion about the data and company bottom line
Cons: Low pay, high turnover
Competitive environment with great experience right out of college. Seasoned staff provides good training without handholding. Lots of opportunity to tackle problems independently - and be recognized for helping the department (on top of busy work schedule).
Good First Job
Claims Adjuster/CSR (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 3, 2015
-Minimum pay
-Flexible scheduling/hours
-Not much room for advancement but you inevitably will be thrown into different departments which can increase your knowledge of the store
Decent work/life balance and benefits, horrendous culture/management
Management Development Program (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Poisonous culture, horrendous management
Put simply, after repeated exposure to upper management and their practices/attitude, it is apparent that GEICO succeeds by creating a culture of impossible-to-meet standards, especially at the entry level and supervisor level. This leads to high turnover rates, a systematic lack of experience across the board, and a lack of critical thinking which feeds into a groupthink culture that no one is working hard enough, despite the fact that growth rates are through-the-roof. There are no creative solutions/strategies, or even tactical pivots, only "why isn't everyone working harder and doing better".

Accept employment at your own risk.
Production Support Analyst (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2015
5 star review. No complaints. Typing more as indeed requires more characters in this field in order to proceed from this point.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Coralville, IAMay 29, 2015
GEICO is a great place to work, I just don't want to commute as far. There are great opportunities for advancement, and the training is amazing.
on a hot day we would get ice cream
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 28, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: if you didnt fit in with the clique, you were bullied
We had an extensive training period. We took to the phones after 5 months. We were incensed insurance agents. I Worked from 6 to 2 four days a week. I had found out I was sick and that wasn't taken so well, But I was there for more than a year so the leave was approved. FMLA
My daily work.
Emergence Road Service Dispatcher (Current Employee), Macon, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, and always busy.
Cons: Not enough support from management staff and need better work flow.
I loved the fast paced environment and talking with different people, but I always felt over worked because there was never enough staff to help with the call flow for the hours I worked.
Fun and supportive environment
Clerk (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 27, 2015
You can't ask for a better company to work for benefit wise. You have to be willing to talk on the phone all day though. If you are ok with that then you'll love it.
Nice place and great 24-hr gym
Licensed Insurance Sales Professional (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: 24 hour in-house gym
Cons: Long shifts
As a new employee, you are given the most undesirable shift which is nights. As a sales agent, it was difficult to maintain sales requirements on that evening/night shift.
I enjoyed speaking with customers and sharing my motorcycle experience and advice. Insurance can be confusing for most, so it was challenging and rewarding to develop different ways to explain how insurance works and what options would best suit the needs of each individual customer.
In a call center environment, teams change frequently which allow me to become more acquainted with other agents on the floor.
Challenging
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Poorly structured sales model
Worked in sales so took sales calls for the entire shift. Quoted then sold policies to customers who would call in. Loved my coworkers and am still friends with many of them. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with. The hardest part was trying to advance. They had a very odd structure for incoming calls routing essentially the states with the best rates to the "best sellers". You were then asked to compete with these selected people despite them being given the most competitively priced states and everyone else got the renaming states
Industry Leader with rates
Commercial Auto Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMay 24, 2015
This company is good to work for as long as you're compatible with a call center environment. They are a leader in the industry with very competitive rates offered to consumers. Your manager constantly changes within the same department.
Fun atmosphere, friendly co-workers, helpful managment
Licensed Professional Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Getzville, NYMay 23, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits, stable company
Cons: micro-managed
Working for Geico was never something i had imagined. I spent years and retail so the transition to a call center was definitely an adjustment. I have learned so much from working at Geico. The company itself from the day you walked in expressed he importance of integrity and customer service. I immediately felt like family. Working for a company containing 3,000 employees can be portrayed as the employees being just a number. However, there was not a day that went by where i did not feel appreciated. The management, my co-workers, and the owner of Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffet himself made me feel like i was needed. This was the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job was getting used to a micromanaged company. While you always felt appreciated, there wasn't much room to make mistakes.
Large call center
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Macon, GaMay 21, 2015
Pros: Health insurance, and good pay
Receiving phone calls from policy holders that were broke down on the side of the road and was in need of a tow truck. We would take their information and dispatch a contracted company to go help them.
Great company
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDMay 21, 2015
GEICO is a great company, I really did enjoy working for the company. GEICO is hands on training and there are alot of growth oppurtunities.
nice place
CSR (Former Employee), FredericksburgMay 19, 2015
Its a nice place to work but they have very high call volume in the claims department so you are on the phone ALL day. The pay and benefits are good.
Solid Company
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYMay 19, 2015
Strong, positive work environment.Very supportive and love to promote from within. But!...can be very stressful and intense at times.
Great work, claims was just not for me
Liability and Personal Injury Protection Adjuster (Former Employee), Renton, WAMay 19, 2015
I loved the company and the people! Claims just was not for me. I ended up leaving and everyone was very positive and supportive of my decision.

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries