GEICO

GEICO Employee Reviews

Great place to work, great pay, excellent benefits.
Customer Service Representative IV (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2015
GEICO is a great place to work. It has a wonderful work environment that is team oriented and family friendly. They provide many opportunities to move up in the company and increase your pay. They also have a wonderful benefits program.
Demanding and not for the faint of heart.
Homeowners sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits, and competitive salaries and bonuses.
Cons: Micro-managed, tit for tat (calls get graded), and terrible work-life balance.
GEICO boasts excellent on the job training, and is overall a good company to work for in Virginia. The demanding fast-paced environment is great for anyone looking for a challenge. The drawbacks however, are also equally weighing. As an employee of 6 years the company has opportunity with how they manage supervisors as far as workload. The work-life balance is terrible, as one progresses through the ranks you are expected to live there and very rarely get recognition as a member of management. Associates who are on the sales force can make more than a manager/supervisor, and it is not at all uncommon. Who you know can also play a part in progressing through the ranks of management, the system is very political. That aside, overall the company takes care of their employees as far as benefits and salary/bonus.
Training
AD Trainee (Current Employee), Seattle, WaJune 22, 2015
Learned the entire outside of a vehicle .
Management treated everyone with respect
Negotiation skills
Customer service skills
Benefits were good
Great opportunity
INSURANCE COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Macon, GAJune 22, 2015
Learned a variety of pertinent things about the insurance industry. Great training and support to assist with job duties. Good group of people to work for!
Fun place to work.
Telephone Claims Representative I (Current Employee), Macon, GAJune 21, 2015
GEICO is a fun place to work. They offer good benefits and have company wide events for all employees. There is also a good work/life balance.
Fun enviroment for a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carmel, INJune 19, 2015
Plenty training to prepare you. Nice, clean office with a fun hip vibe. Pretty good with working with personal schedule once you've been there 6 months.
Productive and Pot luck at the workplace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: a little expensive
A typical day at work would be to give my customers the best service possible. I am on the phone all day long. This is crazy to say but the highlight of my day is to be able to try to solve all my customer complaints. I enjoy working with my team/coworkers. I get alone with everyone and try to stay busy to make the time go by faster. I enjoy my hour lunch break to get out of the office to meet with coworkers to have laughs.
i love geico
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), knoxville tnJune 17, 2015
I enjoyed working for Geico it was a great company to work for I wish I could have stayed. I learned more about insurance policy I really enjoyed my co-workers.
Great benefits
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJune 16, 2015
Overall, Geico is a good place to work for. The compensation and benefits are much better than most companies. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant changes within departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Call Center Environment
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria on site- Good Benefits
Cons: Sedentary Job, Performance Based
Typical day starts by signing into your phone and making yourself ready to take incoming phone calls. I learned a lot about auto insurance and auto insurance claims; as well as, maintenance and auto mechanics.
Excellent employer that provides it's people with many avenues of advancement.
Home Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJune 15, 2015
GEICO is a company that expects a lot from its people but in return offers them a secure position with good benefits, fair compensation and the chance for easy advancement. You get what you put in but considering this was a job that I planned on staying with for a year or two and its now going on ten, can't be all that bad.
Not what it is cracked up to be
Dispatcher I (Current Employee), Macon, GAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Money, Advancements
Cons: Stress, Loss of personal/ family time
Geico is stressful in some departments compared to others departments out there...

The "HR" department there is horrible, a person can be halfway dead and they will still count days against you.

They do have advancement options throughout the company but sometimes you end up dealing with politics instead of being advanced by your work and numbers.
Great company to work for
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Poway, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: short lunches
I have never had a problem working within GEICO. I particularly enjoyed the San Diego office. AS long as you are willing to work, they are willing to pay you and have no problems with recognizing you when you excel at your job. They are all about internal promotion.
Productive and fun workplace; Great people!
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great people, Good benefits and a wide variety of dining options.
Cons: Workload can be overwhelming at times.
GEICO is a great place to work. The promotional opportunities are endless as long as your willing to put the work in. Management has experience! In order to move up you have to have done the job, this is extremely important to me because you know your Supervisor has actually been in your shoes.
claims representative - lakeland, fl
TCR 1 - Medical Claims Specialist 1 (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Micromanaging and unreasonable workload
Micromanaging. They have people quit so much due to the unreasonable workload. Then the people that stay get all the work from all the employees that quit which are like 200 + files on top of the 300+ files you already have.
pay is great,but needs more caring bosses
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Getzville, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: excellent food, had tons of different events, gave out tons of different things
Cons: no resl help from immediate superviser, and if they did not like you than you really did not get any help
a typical work day was very stress for because you would get back your calls and if they did not meet the requirements, you were not able to go over them until days or weeks later.
Good company though call center work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJune 10, 2015
They go out of their way to train and support you however wherewithal concerning high volume inbound calls is necessary.
less than customer focused more focused on bottom line
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Getzville, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: time off and profit sharing
Cons: unreasonable expectations at times
if you're somebody who just wants to follow a list of rules you'll do fantastic however if you think outside the box and try to provide a really great experience for the customers it can be frowned upon
very chaclleing, great benefits, great place to had worked for
SR Auto Damage Adjuster (Former Employee), new jerseyJune 8, 2015
manage appointment, negotiagateing with repairs to shops and owners, estimating, problem solving, good people worked with and boss, and I loved the traveling
Great company to work for
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 8, 2015
GEICO is a large company with great benefits and room for advancement. Coworkers and management are great, it's like a family away from home. Hiring process can be difficult but manageable and overall pretty fast. Call volume can be stressful at times.
Headquarters
GEICO on Instagram
GEICO on Pinterest
Check out the GEICO Blog
Follow GEICO on LinkedIn
Check out this month's edition of GEICO Careers Now!

Twitter