GEICO Employee Reviews

Found 1,818 reviews matching the search
Great employees, Management is not transparent
Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 27, 2017
Need more guidance from supervisors and management. Instead of offering help to improve, they discourage. Team environment is great. High demand in productivity and full concentration required.
Good job
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 26, 2017
GEICO was an amazing company to work for. However, starting college and working full time was impossible at the time so I resigned. If you can handle pressure well, deal with ongoing training, critical feedback, and are a dependable individual I suggest GEICO. The hardest part of the job is being able to multi-task, for me it was no problem because I am use to doing multiple task at once. However, I saw some of my teammates struggle to keep up. Also, being able to resolve disputes with upset customers. Again, they give you the hands-on training to be more than confident and comfortable handling these situations. I loved the fact that even though you are evaluated repeatedly that they reward you for your hard work, and accomplishments.
Pros
hands-on training, awards
Cons
work/life balance, attendance expectations, some rude management
Summer Processing Technician
Summer Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 26, 2017
Even though my time at GEICO was short, I really enjoyed it. My supervisor and coworkers were all very welcoming and always willing to answer questions and help whenever necessary.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2017
Geico is one of the best jobs I've ever had. Although it can be hard at times it is a very stable company to work for. It is more like family and very many opportunities for advancement
Great place to work!
Staff Counsel (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2017
I decided to write a review because I was shocked to see the negative reviews from other Staff Counsel offices. I have been with GEICO for almost a year and love it! Our office is a tight knit group! Our manager is awesome! He works hard to make sure we are well trained and comfortable with our jobs. I feel the case load is manageable. I am constantly busy but I feel it is not too much. I am a single mom and manage to still attend all my daughter's soccer games and activities. The first 6 months were hard because I was learning a new area of the law. I would encourage people to apply and give GEICO a chance. I have not regretted my decision to join GEICO at all! Our benefits are really good as well!
Pros
positive work environment, great benefits, opportunities for advancement
Good and bad
Bodily Injury Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 25, 2017
It all depends on what you want out of working here. You can move up quickly if you're willing to devote your entire time to just work. You are given way too much work for each day and the goals are not realistic. There are some nice perks though and the people are pretty awesome.
Most Stressful Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 25, 2017
Everyone is either on leave or on anti depressants. It's not a surprise to walk around and see people crying at their desk or in the bathroom. Only positive thing about working there was the pay and benefits. What is required of you is so stressful and everyone calling is yelling and screaming at you.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
everything else
Run if you can
Continuing Unit Examiner (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 25, 2017
Great place for someone fresh out of college. You can get experience quickly. However if you want to be paid fairly I would recommended taking that experience elsewhere. hey pride them selves in being the low cost provider which is a nice way to say they are cheap.
Claims Department Representative
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 24, 2017
A very nice place to work. They are driven to serve up great customer service and teach you that TEAM means together everyone achieves more. The shifts are Monday thru Friday mostly.
Pros
Monday thru Friday
Cons
Some overtime and weekends.
Great Experience
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2017
Learned so much and met great friends. Great job and can take away so much from my time there. I very highly recommend working at Geico for your future
Good company to work for
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 23, 2017
I relocated to the Texas office from the Virginia office and management was super helpful with my transition. There is a lot of room for advancement. I was able to work in the claims department and then transferred to Payment Recovery.
Pros
Good company
Cons
call center environment can be very stressful
claims is High Stress with almost adequate compensation
TELEPHONE CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE II (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 23, 2017
monetary compensation for the Fredericksburg area is adequate with good benefits (options for health, dental, vision, LTD, ADD). no short term disability, ONLY long term. strict to the point of idiocy for FMLA eligibility and usage (unfortunately there are a lot of abusers that give them a reason to be strict). you use your own accrued sick and vacation leave for FMLA time out. LWOP once those banks are exhausted.
there is a regional payscale for all paygrades. claims associates are kept within a couple thousand of the bottom of the payscale for their paygrade. raises are small and usually overtaken or almost met by any cost of living increases.
claims is very high stress. we are continually understaffed with a high workload.
Pros
sometimes we win free movie tickets in drawings, yearly profit sharing after you pass 1 year of tenure
Cons
high stress, high caseload
Good pay, bad people skills
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 23, 2017
The company isn't the most understanding of human needs and family life, they prefer you dedicate your life to working for them. Not the most flexible company when it comes to medical situations if it doesn't fit their guidelines and require a lot of the employees mental capacity. Highly stressful work environment.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not very accommodating
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 23, 2017
Very fast paced call center, a lot of information to learn, dealing with different type of customers on a daily basis, management was not the best, received about 50 calls a shift
3+ years
Internet Claim Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 21, 2017
Great place to work excellent benifits pays pretty well.

You will handle a lot of claims. The company tries to make it a friendly work environment. Management does an ok job.
Split
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 21, 2017
The pros and cons are split depending on what you are looking for in a job. With hard work you can increase your pay quickly and the benefits are outstanding. But, this is half your life spent at a job and the job is neverending and stressful. If you start out healthy you'll have health issues if you stay over 2 years at this job. Its not like other jobs where as you learn and have more experience it gets easier, because they change how they grade your work each year to make it more and more difficult to maintain what they call average performance numbers. They don't hire enough people to have a mental break between calls. Its just one call after the other. Good luck if you work here. The people you work with are nice and management is great.
Pros
Benefits and earning potential
Cons
Stress
Licensed Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was the customer service experience.It molded me to be an awesome customer service and insurance agent. Management overtime went downhill extremely. I started to notice a lot of unethical behavior from management towards myself and others. The hardest part of this job was making the decision to leave and continuing to be mistreated as a top performer due to favoritism in the workplace.
Pros
Great Moral in the office
Customer oriented
Automobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY 11797May 18, 2017
Geico was a very friendly place to work. I learned to sell and service auto insurance, and make sure the customers were serviced properly and were satisfied before disconnecting our call. The job was difficult when there were numerous calls on hold and I had to make sure the customer was handled properly before moving onto the next call.
Pros
Meeting friends for lunch and the company picnics
Cons
Can't think of anything i could say not to apply here
Love the job
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2017
A great place to work. Friendly and open work environment. Established policies are set in place and carried out across the board for all employees and management. Would highly recommend!
Stayed for 6 years but had to leave because of stress
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 17, 2017
GEICO is a good stable job that pays well and provides good benefits. However, don't expect that you will be getting all of these goodies for nothing because they will definitely make you work for it. You will be monitored regularly and constantly scrutinized for just about everything you do. Some supervisors will monitor your bathroom breaks and will get mad if you are a couple minutes over. Everything is numbers based. If your numbers suck that month than you will suck that month. You are a number. Also, don't expect a quiet work environment. It will be a loud call center that can be very distracting when you are on the phone with customers. If you work here I wouldn't stay for too long because this company will suck you dry.
Pros
good benefits, decent pay
Cons
stressed employees, strict monitoring, you feel like a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEICO. Our community is ready to answer.