GEICO

GEICO United States Employee Reviews

Corporate Tyranny
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Getzville, NYMarch 3, 2015
Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone with a soul. Complete institutionalization, from the puke colored walls to the rows and rows of endless cubicle dwellings. Save yourself-dont apply.
Great Insurance Company
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
Company with great benefits. Good customer service. Onsite deli. Reloadable lunch cards. Offer business courses and licensing courses onsite.
Interesting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2015
Pros: nice workers
Cons: not offering direct life insurance
Warm and rewarding atmosphere. Everyday brought along new and inviting challenges.
Working with licensed agents that were very helpful to customers in regards to auto, home, motorcycle, rv, atv and a whole lot more.
Saving you money with good quality insurance from personal and professional agents was awesome.
Claims Service
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 28, 2015
Great Company to work for and a lot of benefits. I like the section I work in and the section is very helpful. I'm still learning my job so I cant give a hardest part of my job.
Very productive and keeps you on your toes. There is never nothing that you dont learn each day.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Working for Geico I have expanded my knowledge in the work place environment. I have also excelled in the customer service area speaking on the phones with customers and meeting their every need. I enjoy speaking to others and keeping busy it makes the day enjoyable and fly by. I love customer service I enjoy bringing cheer to other people, and solving there issues like they were my own.
Fast past work environment with many advancement opportunities
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 26, 2015
In a typical day I assist policy holders with auto claims and direct them to the correct department if other services are required. The job requires you to learn several aspects of customer service and execute them flawlessly on every call. At times the pace can be slow but in the event of server weather the job requires fast pace and quick action. I did enjoy the people I have worked with at Geico.
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time with this employer. The training was top notch they truly care about their employees. I miss working here.
Productive with great benefits
Insurance Agent/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Addison, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: people and pay
Cons: hours, short lunches
On a typical day i receive about 80-100+ phone calls. I answer qustions and provide the best customer service every time. It is very fast paced and many task are possible at one time. My co-workers and the Management team are full of people who love what they do. The hardest part of the job is the hours and the drive. I am a family oriented person and with the schedule I have it leaves very little time with my kids and family. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to talk with people everyday and try and to make their day go smoother and easy.
GEICO is an electronic sweat shop. Customer Service is given lip service.
Liability Adjuster - Telephone Claims Rep I (Former Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: competitive salaries/benefits
Cons: so many miserable people there. only staying for a paycheck.
The MOST stressful job I've ever had. If you just have to have a paycheck, go work there until you can find something else.
GEICO Customer Service is Stressfull!
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), san diego, caFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: demands of the job, micro management
GEICO pays well but they definitely get their money's worth from you, it's very stressful and not for everybody, that's why they have a high turnover rate. I personally wouldn't recommend any of my friends to work for GEICO unless they're desperate for a job
job security
Leader (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
the company offers excellent job security and a lot of opportunities to move up in the company. Geico is a secure place to work
amazing company to work for, especially if just starting career
Auto Damage Adjustor (Former Employee), Raleigh NCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: training, leadership
Cons: pay is a little poor for expectations
8:00-4:30 daily schedule, hours spent looking at and inspecting auto damage and completing full estimate for GEICO customers as well as claimants. GEICO provides 3 months paid training that is the most comprehensive in the industry.
Sales SPP (Supervisor Preparatory Program) (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 17, 2015
I have enjoyed my time as a GEICO associate. This company has amazing benefits and provides a wonderful work environment
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Getzville, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Assisting customers with questions on billing, payments, existing accounts. Knowledge about auto insurance. diffusing difficult situations to provide excellent customer service.
never again
Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: empathy of clients
Cons: lack of empathy for employees
Coworkers are great but the company not so much. Geico showed lack of empathy for me during my time of need. i will never reapply for a position with Geico again.
Do not work for GEICO
Paralegal/Data Entry Technician (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Horrible company to work for. They treat you like dogs. Boring and useless company. I don't have much to say. I don't care about Geico.
it's okay.....
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2015
its a good company to work for fresh out of college while you're in transition to your actual career job. Call center environment isn't for everyone and depending which office you work for the management may not be that skilled and experienced making your daily job more difficult.
Productive and supprtive work environment
Retention Agent (Current Employee), Virginia Beach VAFebruary 12, 2015
GEICO is a company that promotes growth and the possibilities are endless. If you are wiling to do the work there you can become anything that you want. They have extensive training and personal development available and they even pay for school.
Fast paced, ever changing, fun job
CSR supervisor (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great people, pay is good and no worries of layoffs
Cons: dont get a say in anything, more work than you can handle and they admit to that.
I have a team of 10 that work for me. I am responsible for their time sheets and numbers. I have managed to move all of their numbers in a favorable way. I always have a fun positive attitude and a team player. I have learned a ton about service level, how to work with different people, how to motivate different types of people, know the claims process in side and out. I love my co workers. That is one reason i have stayed so long is I really enjoy the people that I work with. I have awesome time management skills and I seem to get the impossible done time and time again. I am the go to person if you want something done and you want it done right. The hardest part of my job is that they really have me doing more work that is possible in one day for one position. It is more like you have the work for 3 positions.
Productive and intense environment
Senior Insurance Claim Adjuster (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: satifaction of helping others
Cons: sometimes the sadness of customers
Everyday was different than the last. I learned more of myself in handling difficult people and situations. Management has a tough job to do. My co-workers were fun and everyone helped everyone out. Sometimes the toughest part of the job is knowing your encounter with someone is on the worst day of their lives. The enjoyable times are knowing you can also help people in their times of hardship.

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more

GEICO Salaries