GEICO

GEICO Employer Reviews

Productive and fun enviroment
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 10, 2014
Pros: pleanty of ot, good compensation and benefits, quality personnel/management/co-workers
Cons: human resources team have no empathy, hr reps go out of their way to find faults in workers and offer no support
I loved my position within GEICO. I enjoyed the daily tasks of the job and assisting customers in their time of need and providing exceptional customer satisfaction. I enjoyed learning about the insurance field. Management at GEICO is great and I enjoyed the company of my coworkers and the environment. There were no parts of the job I found very difficult.
Expect to be a work horse and just a number
Insurance Counselor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 10, 2014
Compensation and benefits are what keep the employees around. Management is a joke. Lots of politics and favoritism. If you're the right person you can get away with tons of unethical behavior. 90% of the employees I knew all needed anxiety meds after just a few months of working there. Very high call volumes, rude customers, and supervisors who want you to figure things out on your own. There are a few good sups who want you to succeed. If you get one hold on to them tightly and don't leave the section. You're expected to be there round the clock and sick days or fml is highly frowned upon.
Solid Company to work for
Auto Damage Supervisor (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VANovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule if you work in the field
Cons: healthcare
This is a solid company to work for. Promotion is easily done once you start as long as you are productive and produce excellent results.
Hard to keep up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits were good
Cons: always worrying about losing your job!
The pay is good, benefits are good. The management is questionable and it is difficult to keep up with the demands of management when it comes to job responsibilities. They change their rules every other day and hire kids out of college to manage workers who were there over 20+ years.
It is ok
Insurance Agent/Office Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2014
There are few opportunities to advance if you are ethical and are genuine.
Great company to work for.
Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: great enviornment great pay entry level
Cons: training is hard. but worth it.
While employed with Geico each day was not the same. you would come to work and be expected to conquer new challenges in which you would go above and beyond to help your insureds.

Management is always there for you for whatever you need, but be expected to be challenged by them, They will want to make sure that you have the understanding down.

Even if your supervisor or manager is busy you can always count on your fellow work mates.

Training is probably the hardest part, they teach it as a fast bullet train of information, both, hands on, and trial and error style. with so much to know about the industry you will surely be prepared once you hit the floor. speaking of, They will put you on the floor within the first week of your training, as they break up each segment and then you have the chance of retaining and excising your newly gained knowledge. it was a great experience overall.

A frequent part of working in a call center environment is the fun pot -lucks,having food during your shifts and enjoying the atmosphere. beware! if one section is pot-lucking and you happen to have bacon-anything among it all you will draw crowds and random people who you have never seen before.
Don't work here!!!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 6, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: micromanage, schedule, no room for advancement
the interview process was beyond ridiculous, they sit you in a classroom for 2 weeks to study information that has nothing to do with your job description in order to get licensed then they take all the note cards and destroy them after you pass. Then you get to sit in another classroom for about 2 months to train then over to transitioning where you sit for another month or so or until they think youre ready to go your team. Some of the coaches helped alot while other didn't bother to look your way.

Once youre there, the supervisor will find any excuse not to help you. Even other supervisors dont want to help. She played my "bad" calls out loud so everyone can hear it and it embarrassed me. They want you to login your IM screen so they can listen to your calls and type to you what they think you should say AFTER you already said something completely different to the customer then blamed me for confusing the customer. I hated that they yell out to you during a call to talk about absolutely nothing! Then they yell out all the A calls your teammates got to make you feel like your not doing a good job. Then make sign a paper basically stating that if you don't pass your calls then they will fire. If you even forget to mention umbrella policy, homeowners insurance or email activation, YOUR CALL IS CONSIDERED NON A AND YOU FAIL. I lasted 7 months there. Ill never work there again.
Out of business
Clerk (Former Employee), Macon, GANovember 5, 2014
Company is out of business I believe. If they aren't out of business probably have new management. So I can't be a reliable source of information on this company.
Survival of the fittest
Supervisor (Current Employee), Macon, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: micromanagement, view people as disposable
This company has great benefits and competitive pay. Be prepared to be overworked and micromanaged every day. A work/life balance is almost impossible and even the hardest worker still can't give enough. Heaven help you if you have any major upheavals in your personal life such as the death of a family member, divorce, etc. There will be no consideration in your time of need. It used to be a great place to work, but the corporate culture has changed drastically in the past five years.
Work non stop
Automobile Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: workload, expectations, constant non work related meetings
The workload is ridiculous, and their expectations of you are ridiculous considering the workload. My training group was 13 people, and in less than 1 year 1 quit, 1 got fired, and 1 was laid off. Out of the remaining 10 atleast 6 are actively trying to get out and go somewhere else. Additionally, it seems like other insurance companies pay a little more and you do way less.
Good job until you are over 40
Claims Service Representative II (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VANovember 2, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: don't grow up
For the first 5 years I received nothing but "good job" letters and raises. Then I turned 40 and a new supervisor was assigned to "weed" out the older folks. It's a great company if you are young and in college.
Panama City office was a great experience
data entry and general clerical work (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: close-knit staff
small and family oriented-very flexible. My coworkers were great, all roughly around my age and so we all were in similar positions with coordinating our home life with our work life.
Fun workplace
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 27, 2014
-Team trainers and managers make sure they set you up for success.
-Company rewards employees good work.
Poorly managed company
Senior Telephone Claim Examiner (Current Employee), Macon, GAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: micro managing, non caring managers and supervisors, unethical work environment
This would be a great place to work except for the supervisors who micro manage. The managers are unknowledgeable about the jobs that they manage and shove unrealistic goals down your throat. The job is horribly stressful and the micro-managing and unrealistic goals and demands take a toll on you both physically and mentally. Recently there has been a spike in promotions but only for the new hires. Tenured people are treated as if they have the plague and are always behind the eight ball when it comes to being promoted. This is a direct result of unequal work distribution.
Greater knowledge of customer service
Billing Agent (Current Employee), Macon, GAOctober 26, 2014
I worked my way up to a billing coach because of my knowledge and dedication.
Great Company as a Whole
Auto & Powersports Insurance Sales Agent VI (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: mamangement
Great company as a whole but department managers have lost touch the employees and what motives them to exceeded.
A growing company with room for improvement daily.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Macon, GAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: the pay, cafeteria was downstairs, so no need to travel plus discounts.
Cons: odd hours; which i worked with and was able to do.
Receiving phone calls and going over policies with the customer to give them the best, courteous service possible.

I remained doing great customer service while; being A great team player.

The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving or looking forward to incentives to do better more professional work.
Miserable and hateful place of work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Poway, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: everything else about the company.
If you value your sanity and your relationships outside of a workplace, DO NOT take a job with Geico. This job put a strain on my marriage and my health and when brought up to management about my concerns, their response was "you need to relax" and "well maybe it will get better in the future?" Even with medical recommendations to take ONE day off, it is required that you sign over all of your medical records to the HR office. Training is SIX MONTHS LONG and that schedule will change multiple times as will the information provided for you to do your job, then you will be knocked down by several "management" team members on how you're not doing your job good enough and with correct information. If you like high school drama and the personalities of 16 year olds in every position; if you like being spoken to like a child; if you enjoy being disrespected and constantly told you're not doing good enough at your job; if you are afraid of being fired on a constant basis, you may like it. However, I would not recommend this job to someone I hate, please DO NOT apply here.
Prodctive, friendly, and professional place to work
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 23, 2014
GEICO is a great place to work. The environment is fast paced. Its a friendly place to work and management cares about the job and life balance. The pay was great with plenty of raises and room for advancement. Overall I'd work for GEICO again and I highly recommend them.
Loved the Company and the positions
Licensed Insurance Agent/Claims (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
Was able to expand my knowledge in insurance industry and more so when became and Licensed Adjuster.

About GEICO

For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing – Read more